Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:50:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 225 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] «Envion» Most Profitable Self-Expanding Crypto Infrastructure  (Read 125592 times)
DawnofCrypto

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:27:15 PM

Asking my question again as it is one of the last remaining barriers keeping me from investing.

How does envion intend to run the solar-powered MMUs at night? With batteries? Reverting to the grid? Diesel generators?
ainsleyfran

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:43:07 PM

I wonder how long will this platform be able to steadily self-expand the infrastructure.
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:56:39 PM

Asking my question again as it is one of the last remaining barriers keeping me from investing.

How does envion intend to run the solar-powered MMUs at night? With batteries? Reverting to the grid? Diesel generators?

With your thinking, people who are using solar energy only use electricity in daylight, after it will be like first age Smiley Here i checked google for you and choose this article from thousands of content.

those who need energy in the wee hours of the evening and middle of the night.

Scenario number one occurs when the solar panels go into standby mode. Once standby mode happens, power can be switched to be drawn from the utility grid. Solar power can be used at the same time as the utility if necessary.

Scenario number two occurs when electricity is drawn from a battery bank. During the daytime hours, battery banks store energy throughout the day in order to be utilized at night. Many customers also like to get backup-batteries in case of emergency situations where power outages occur. Solar companies such as The Solar Company can provide you with this additional hardware, if needed.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
Sam67

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:06:02 PM

it's a wonderfull project. Mining coin with solar energy . it's safe power good for the earth. The project wil be huge successful .
ceaa

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:19:20 PM

150 million is really big hard cap. And I think team of this project will haven't been raising the hard cap ahead of schedule.

Yes it seems far away, but don't underestimate the CEO Matthias Woestmann and its Team. There might come big news during the ICO.

Matthias himself in an interview expected to raise between 10-60m. They never expected to hit the hard cap. But this is a SCALABLE project which benefits with more economies of SCALE. So it behooves them to have a high hard cap, even if they cannot reach it. This is much unlike other ICO projects, where the team have to cut back on projects if they don't hit the hard cap.

Apologies if I misinterpreted the last line in your post. Are you suggesting that if the hard cap is not met, then the Envion team will need to cut back on their projects. Just want to clarify.

I'm suggesting just the opposite. Because this project is NOT like a normal ICO, where reaching the hard cap is needed to fully fund all the planned projects, Envion can buy more MMUs with more money raised, but whether they end up buying 50 MMUs or 150 MMUs, it does not impact whether the project can move forward.
liquidcryptos

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:21:17 PM

.. i dont work for envion. but i would guess they just use regular old electricity at night.
also solar is a small part of the business right. It will be a cost benefit analysis using their new system they have in place that locates cheapest prices overall, which may or may not be solar. they are also providing heat for locations using the miner and being paid for that to offset energy cost.  Also remember that electricity being found cheaply is just icing on the cake. its very profitable without doing that.
LEffT

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:46:05 PM

As I said before, Envion are not the first one, producing Mobile Mining Units - Bitfury are long ago in the business.
Second, the hardware - they are planing to use Antminer 9S, the most popular ASIC miner, but more than year old model. New miner producing company will flood the market with new 16 Terahashes miner in March 2018, which means Bitmain most likely will be ready with Antminer 11S around that time. That means Envion will spend their money for old equipment.
They were very optimistic they can beat Bancor’s ICO, but it is not so easy...
One little red flag - why you need to send your money BEFORE the KYC process. The rest of the world is doing the opposite Wink

Hi there. How do you know what miners they are planning on using. We could guess that its the antminer  s9.. which does  14th.. you are assuming that the S11, with just 13% more power is somehow going to change everything and reduce the profit dramatically? That doesnt make sense. Also they will be continuously producing Mining units, so will be producing with whatever produces the best TH/$ right?
THe KYC thing, I have seen many ico's do it  that way. they dont want the issue of sending photos and verifying lowering a persons chance of being a part of the ICO, that makes sense to me.

That's like very obvious if you read their whitepaper.

They are planning to use 13.5 th/s ASICs which to this date considering quantity they want could only be s9 bitmain antminers.
They are also planning to use Radeon 460 x13 rigs on linux (about 10.6 mh/s + 85 watts per GPU they have listed on also gives you the idea)

I planned to invest initially but now that all this is up... I am truly amazed how many people invest without even looking up the basic facts.

"All this is up.."
Huh? What are you referring to? I follow Envion fairly closely and this forum and I dont see anything that would stop me from investing. Please elaborate. Did you read my previous posts? There is a huge profit opportunity in mining, period. Let alone increasing that using cheaper energy.

I'm not sure what part of world you come from, but I live in Russia and have almost limitless supply of energy below Envion's average price point (listed in whitepaper, again), so energy is never a problem for those who know where to look to invest and are actually invested into mining (read: not 1 4x gpu rig in their basement, but a farm of at least 10-15 rigs).

If you say you follow Envion closely, look at the reviews they are given by profesesional ICO community (at best, reviewers give it 3 out of 5, some call it sketchy, its all in google, mate).
What stops me from being invested in this is the fact that I have not seen a single person who is an actual miner on their team. Engineers? yes. Consultants? yes. Marketers? Hell yes. Miners? ...
+ the fact that they are compiling tons of low hashrate gpus + the fact that they want to buy millions of dollars worth of s9 (which as some forum mebers pointed out before is impossible due to shortage of supply we already have), how do you still believe they will make up to their promises? Have you seen a mockup of a business model? Geographical destinations for "low-cost energy"? Cost mitigation plans (i.e. new more powerful asics on market, heavy increase in difficulty of mining, switching to lower cost grids, etc)? All I see is 1 mini-demo and a lot of marketing with broad words but no specifics (been discussed many times like hundreed pages ago).

3 more risk factors:
- They promised a big4 audit by Dec1 like several months ago - where is it?
- They promised a patent on their "cooling system" - where is it?
- They just made about $21 mln in fundraising, but they got only a couple of engineers on board, who is going to assemble all of this in time to give you first payout in the end of January?

"huge profitabiliy in mining" - imagine what happens to profitability if someone pours $150 mln's worth of tech into the pool of 5-6 most profitable cryptocurrencies that yield 30-40% more than their lower-margin competitors. Do u even know what mining difficulty is? In just 2 months my etherium generation dropped by 20%, this is just an example. BTW, their current calculations do not account for crypto rates fluctuation and assume they are flat

Now, again, I'm not saying Envion is a scam, but I'm saying these people have no idea what they're doing and the promised 161%/yr ROI is not possible with this team and with this approach AND with these deadlines.
Don't trust my word, go check out how other industrial miners operate and pitch for capital and then come back and look at Envion again. To me it seems like ur not doing ur homework but instead screaming out on the forum mate.
DawnofCrypto

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:53:12 PM

Thanks for your response, premium_domainer. Yes, I know how to Google and I'm also aware of the various way to compensate for the sun not shining at night. I said as much in my post (e.g., batteries, grid, diesel). My question pertains more to what envion specifically plans to do.

A big part of the appeal of envion, at least for me, is that they are trying to use green power for mining. Solar is of course one of the leading sources of green power and is the main source that exhibits the "excess capacity" that envion references in their whitepaper. But if, for example, envion intends to use diesel generators at night to keep the miners running, then their operation won't be as green as I'd hope.

The best from a green/environmental standpoint would be to use batteries that would store excess solar energy from the day to use at night. However, as I mentioned in my original post, it doesn't appear that they've factored in such batteries into their cost of operations (as a data point, Tesla's 10 kWh Powerwall costs $3,500). This additional cost wouldn't necessarily mean that they can't be profitable, but it would mean that they won't be as profitable as initially expected if they didn't account for this.

Similarly, if they use electricity from the grid at night, that would be an additional cost which they may or may not have factored in.
DawnofCrypto

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:03:24 PM

.. i dont work for envion. but i would guess they just use regular old electricity at night.
also solar is a small part of the business right. It will be a cost benefit analysis using their new system they have in place that locates cheapest prices overall, which may or may not be solar. they are also providing heat for locations using the miner and being paid for that to offset energy cost.  Also remember that electricity being found cheaply is just icing on the cake. its very profitable without doing that.

I agree that electricity from the grid would make the most sense, at least until battery costs come down more.

Also, your other points are good ones. I've been mining for a little bit with both Hashflare as well as a home miner, and it does seem that it can be profitable even without super cheap electricity. Of course, the big unknown is how long that will remain true as difficulty levels increase.
Saschaman

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:51:38 PM

Do we know anything on what exchanges will list envion?

It will list on HitBTC shortly after ICO. Later in january there will be more exchanges announced.

I doubt this as HitBTC does not want any security tokens because theyr legal framwwork does not allow this, is there any statement from HitBTC about this anywhere ?

So you can speak for HitBTC? This information is fact and comes straight from the admin of the Telegram Channel. As far as I know even HitBTC approached Envion directly to list them!

I do not speak for HitBTC but I do know they legal framework they work under and I d not believe they will list a security token. So are just asking me a question in order to avoid an answer.
Do you have proof that HitBTC will list your coin or not ?
Saschaman

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:55:13 PM

As I said before, Envion are not the first one, producing Mobile Mining Units - Bitfury are long ago in the business.
Second, the hardware - they are planing to use Antminer 9S, the most popular ASIC miner, but more than year old model. New miner producing company will flood the market with new 16 Terahashes miner in March 2018, which means Bitmain most likely will be ready with Antminer 11S around that time. That means Envion will spend their money for old equipment.
One little red flag - why you need to send your money BEFORE the KYC process. The rest of the world is doing the opposite Wink

Hi there. How do you know what miners they are planning on using. We could guess that its the antminer  s9.. which does  14th.. you are assuming that the S11, with just 13% more power is somehow going to change everything and reduce the profit dramatically? That doesnt make sense. Also they will be continuously producing Mining units, so will be producing with whatever produces the best TH/$ right?
THe KYC thing, I have seen many ico's do it  that way. they dont want the issue of sending photos and verifying lowering a persons chance of being a part of the ICO, that makes sense to me.

They are planning to use 13.5 th/s ASICs which to this date considering quantity they want could only be s9 bitmain antminers.
They are also planning to use Radeon 460 x13 rigs on linux (about 10.6 mh/s + 85 watts per GPU they have listed on also gives you the idea)

I planned to invest initially but now that all this is up... I am truly amazed how many people invest without even looking up the basic facts.

"All this is up.."
Huh? What are you referring to? I follow Envion fairly closely and this forum and I dont see anything that would stop me from investing. Please elaborate. Did you read my previous posts? There is a huge profit opportunity in mining, period. Let alone increasing that using cheaper energy.

I'm not sure what part of world you come from, but I live in Russia and have almost limitless supply of energy below Envion's average price point (listed in whitepaper, again), so energy is never a problem for those who know where to look to invest and are actually invested into mining (read: not 1 4x gpu rig in their basement, but a farm of at least 10-15 rigs).

If you say you follow Envion closely, look at the reviews they are given by profesesional ICO community (at best, reviewers give it 3 out of 5, some call it sketchy, its all in google, mate).
What stops me from being invested in this is the fact that I have not seen a single person who is an actual miner on their team. Engineers? yes. Consultants? yes. Marketers? Hell yes. Miners? ...
+ the fact that they are compiling tons of low hashrate gpus + the fact that they want to buy millions of dollars worth of s9 (which as some forum mebers pointed out before is impossible due to shortage of supply we already have), how do you still believe they will make up to their promises? Have you seen a mockup of a business model? Geographical destinations for "low-cost energy"? Cost mitigation plans (i.e. new more powerful asics on market, heavy increase in difficulty of mining, switching to lower cost grids, etc)? All I see is 1 mini-demo and a lot of marketing with broad words but no specifics (been discussed many times like hundreed pages ago).

3 more risk factors:
- They just made about $21 mln in fundraising, but they got only a couple of engineers on board, who is going to assemble all of this in time to give you first payout in the end of January?

"huge profitabiliy in mining" - imagine what happens to profitability if someone pours $150 mln's worth of tech into the pool of 5-6 most profitable cryptocurrencies that yield 30-40% more than their lower-margin competitors. Do u even know what mining difficulty is? In just 2 months my etherium generation dropped by 20%, this is just an example. BTW, their current calculations do not account for crypto rates fluctuation and assume they are flat

Now, again, I'm not saying Envion is a scam, but I'm saying these people have no idea what they're doing and the promised 161%/yr ROI is not possible with this team and with this approach AND with these deadlines.
Don't trust my word, go check out how other industrial miners operate and pitch for capital and then come back and look at Envion again. To me it seems like ur not doing ur homework but instead screaming out on the forum mate.

I agree, Envions calculation is based on a S9 miner price of 1700 USD, go and see for yourself what an S9 cost right now, its between 5000 and 7000 USD on Ebay or Alibaba, and if you want more it only gets more expensive.
Shiekin

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:56:44 PM

this project will be an ace card for this month, we should stay watch this envion project, because my feeling this project will go moon or beyond
liquidcryptos

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:35:10 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2017, 11:59:33 PM by liquidcryptos

"All this is up.."

good, so we know envion has plenty of access to energy, check!.

I do my own research. Professional ICO reviewer? what does that even mean? Ive been reviewing companies for 13 years
I have been using computers all of my life, it took me about 3 days to learn about mining, 3 more days to optimize my rigs. Its not rocket science. Now if you want to talk about programming a software layer to optimally monitor all of the miners, that requires some skill. The actual mining part is a joke. Their team is beyond those basics. But thank you for pointing out that they have engineers consultants marketers.... Team? CHECK!

+ the fact that they are compiling tons of low hashrate gpus + the fact that they want to buy millions of dollars worth of s9 (which as some forum mebers pointed out before is impossible due to shortage of supply we already have), how do you still believe they will make up to their promises?
They DO have the purchase orders for the miners already, they dont have to promise, they just have to be not Lying. which i believe they are not.[ Envion staff has mentioned that they are able to purchase because of large quantity orders, and that these relations are established and that they have the equipment ready to be purchased and suppliers on standby.

Have you seen a mockup of a business model? Geographical destinations for "low-cost energy"? Cost mitigation plans (i.e. new more powerful asics on market, heavy increase in difficulty of mining, switching to lower cost grids, etc)? All I see is 1 mini-demo and a lot of marketing with broad words but no specifics (been discussed many times like hundreed pages ago).
They have LOI with energy providers already, also they just announced a partnership with the royal family of Dubai, and as you said yourself, even just parking them on the street in russia is low cost energy

3 more risk factors:
They are being audited as we speak, they provided a notarized letter confirming the audit is taking place, did you not know that?
Patent is pending, they provided a patent#, Patents do not show up immediately at the office, again, I dont beleive they are sacrificing their reputations and lying
assemble the units? There was a statement from their Seif Shieshakly stating the GPUs are all secured, the supply chain is in place, their team does not assemble them, they have workers in china assemble from start to finish

Do I know what mining difficulty is? I mean you asked some good questions here, and I'm glad you did because it seems you are not as informed as I am, but now you are just insulting. Crypto is supply and demand, right now the gap is large, first movers will benefit and my ROI will be 100% from this project in no time, in 2 years from now we cant guess at the state of the space, but a group that has versatility and cheap energy access is what I am betting on

You just have to read my comments, sir. Tell me who needs to do his homework.
liquidcryptos

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:38:05 AM

If you look at the forecast for Envion, the revenue production far outweighs the expense.
Mining is very profitable. The thing about capitalism and supply and demand is that this gap is closed, in time. Unless there are barriers to entry such as patents that prevent this. This is looking down the road, at when the gap is closing - when that happens it will be about who can minimize their expenses to keep that margin. For now, all miner are gold. We don't know how long that will last, but I think its safe to say that there is a hefty profit that will still be there in 12 months. With increase in crypto value comes an increase in miners which causes an increase in the difficulty, which brings down the profitability of mining. It is this fine balance that we will carry into the future and will determine who makes money and for how long. Envion's business plan is to stay flexible and have ingenuity in their approach. They are funding this with an ICO to speed up the process and be first to market. The are looking to secure contracts that are win-win and will stay in place and hopefully grow over the next while. These contracts will lower the expense to a much lower amount than your typical mining farm and i believe this will allow Envion to remain in the mining game, perhaps above other typical mining farms. They are working on scenarios where companies pay THEM to mine in order to heat their facilities... with the narrowing of the gap though, profits decrease and other miners that cant compete will go offline, which increases profits, and such is the delicate balance. But for the near future, there is profit for everyone, and their speed will help them in growing an in returning our investment in a relatively short period of time. Its in Envion's hands now to execute. I'm pumped for it!
akdperry

Activity: 82

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:32:25 AM

after reading nearly all the positive comments, I'm wondering if I should drop more into the project.  After reading bitcoins increase in coal consumption in China article today, I'm all for something that doesn't mess up  the planet (since Trump is gonna try his hardest to do so).  Oh yeah, making some money on it would be cool too
Pfandgrinding

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:54:27 AM

Does anyone know if its possible to send my Envion Tokens from one MEW (Metamask) wallet to another wallet?
ceaa

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:39:46 AM

Does anyone know if its possible to send my Envion Tokens from one MEW (Metamask) wallet to another wallet?

Absolutely. But not right now. The tokens are not "unlocked" and won't be until the end of the ICO. Also, your KYC must pass before the tokens are unlocked. If you used a credit card to buy your tokens, your tokens can be locked for the entire duration of the chargeback period for the credit card. This is to prevent people from using the chargeback feature of the credit card to defraud Envion.
SanjaySen

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:06:55 AM

If you look at the forecast for Envion, the revenue production far outweighs the expense.
Mining is very profitable. The thing about capitalism and supply and demand is that this gap is closed, in time. Unless there are barriers to entry such as patents that prevent this. This is looking down the road, at when the gap is closing - when that happens it will be about who can minimize their expenses to keep that margin. For now, all miner are gold. We don't know how long that will last, but I think its safe to say that there is a hefty profit that will still be there in 12 months. With increase in crypto value comes an increase in miners which causes an increase in the difficulty, which brings down the profitability of mining. It is this fine balance that we will carry into the future and will determine who makes money and for how long. Envion's business plan is to stay flexible and have ingenuity in their approach. They are funding this with an ICO to speed up the process and be first to market. The are looking to secure contracts that are win-win and will stay in place and hopefully grow over the next while. These contracts will lower the expense to a much lower amount than your typical mining farm and i believe this will allow Envion to remain in the mining game, perhaps above other typical mining farms. They are working on scenarios where companies pay THEM to mine in order to heat their facilities... with the narrowing of the gap though, profits decrease and other miners that cant compete will go offline, which increases profits, and such is the delicate balance. But for the near future, there is profit for everyone, and their speed will help them in growing an in returning our investment in a relatively short period of time. Its in Envion's hands now to execute. I'm pumped for it!

What happens when things start majorly shifting from Proof of Work to Proof of Stake (e.g.  Tangle/ HashGraph) making mining irrelevant?
liquidcryptos

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:20:27 AM

What happens when things start majorly shifting from Proof of Work to Proof of Stake (e.g.  Tangle/ HashGraph) making mining irrelevant?
You say when as if its a fact. From what I know, to make cryptocurrency work, the Proof must be difficult to solve, but easy to check. Proof of work does that very well, Proof of stake not so much. And that causes issues with keeping it decentralized. But I dont know what the distant future really holds. Also Tangle is proof of work still, its just built into the transaction when you send, as opposed to separate. I think blockchain is just in the beginning stages and will be around for a while. But who can really predict the future and innovation. I'm just betting on POW for the next 2 or 3 years. I also invest in IoTa.
silvestar
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:59:38 AM

Obviously, I can say that the project has created expectations on me. I like the presentation very much. It was quite ambitious, simple and professional. The team is really getting serious about the project. The crowds are also a source of confidence.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 225 »
  Print  

Jump to: