Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 02:33:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SOLD OUT] BABB - Bank Account Based Blockchain  (Read 45065 times)
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:00:45 AM

16 days until the Pre-sale begins! Register here: https://getbabb.com/

hello, do you know how much is their hard cap for the pre sale? and most importantly, what is the soft cap? IF the hard cap will not be able to meet.

Phase 1: 20 million USD
Once we deliver a fully working product and banking license, we expect the demand for BAX to increase significantly, and we will release an additional 10 billion BAX tokens to meet that demand, either as another token sale round, or via our mobile app. This will happen no sooner than Q3 2019

Wait, im confused. Whats that 20m usd for? Is that for pre sale ONLY? cause you are about yo start the pre sale, right? So im asking as of now the soft and the hard cap of the pre sale.

What's what is hoping to get raised on the first pre-sale and public sale. The caps for the pre-sale and public sale are combined I believe. I will clarify with the team.

please do mate. because i really wanted to know the more specific details for the pre sale. cause i am seeing this to have a good potential.
Maybe 20m usd is the soft cap of their project and i also want to know the hardcap of this project and when is the exact date of presale?

The HARD CAP for PHASE 1 is $20 million.
The pre-sale opens on January 15.

You can join us on Telegram, we have a good community on there: https://t.me/babb_official
And if the hardcap was reached? The bounty rewards is upto 1m$ right?
Ruthenian

Activity: 354
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:34:25 AM

hello, do you know how much is their hard cap for the pre sale? and most importantly, what is the soft cap? IF the hard cap will not be able to meet.

Once we deliver a fully working product and banking license, we expect the demand for BAX to increase significantly, and we will release an additional 10 billion BAX tokens to meet that demand, either as another token sale round, or via our mobile app. This will happen no sooner than Q3 2019

Wait, im confused. Whats that 20m usd for? Is that for pre sale ONLY? cause you are about yo start the pre sale, right? So im asking as of now the soft and the hard cap of the pre sale.

What's what is hoping to get raised on the first pre-sale and public sale. The caps for the pre-sale and public sale are combined I believe. I will clarify with the team.

please do mate. because i really wanted to know the more specific details for the pre sale. cause i am seeing this to have a good potential.
Maybe 20m usd is the soft cap of their project and i also want to know the hardcap of this project and when is the exact date of presale?

You can join us on Telegram, we have a good community on there: https://t.me/babb_official
And if the hardcap was reached? The bounty rewards is upto 1m$ right?

Please post any Bounty related queries here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2349361.0
mme1022

Activity: 406
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:09:22 PM

BABB wishes you a Happy New Year!
 First team meeting of the year! All set and ready to get to work . Happy New Year everyone! (Thanks to our youngest ‘intern’ for the picture)

StarSLight

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:52:07 PM

These new rules on twitter and facebook in the company's bounty just drive me crazy! Well maybe even fewer people will now participate
dhendrickk

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:27:10 AM

A great article on the potential of BABB -https://medium.com/@jacobpapageorgiou/babb-bring-back-the-power-to-the-people-e1ca0a2d8afc
mme1022

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:49:58 AM

These new rules on twitter and facebook in the company's bounty just drive me crazy! Well maybe even fewer people will now participate

Hey StarLight.
Have you tried to post your feedback on the bounty channel as well?
This the general thread of BABB, There isn't much we can do here.
Please feel free to post your feedback on the BABB bounty Telegram channel as well.

EnterTheLight

Activity: 214

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:41:16 AM

Ok, there are lots of projects offering bank services. What is your main advantage?
Kirilp

Activity: 504
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:18:52 PM

How blockchain will be the link between the modern and 3rd world

You may have heard before how in countries like Zimbabwe, Bitcoin's go for hundreds and sometimes thousands more than US/Asia/EU exchange rates. At first glance it just sounds like insane over-pricing, but the reasons behind this are valid, and actually pretty sad to hear.

After near total economic collapse in 2008 with their currency experiencing 11.2 million percent hyperinflation and fears of it happening again, the government has taking a "full control" stance on everything financial, even locking their citizens out from using any credit card transactions.

This has sent people flocking to bitcoin for financial security, all while at the same time fears of new rounds of hyperinflation circulate.

In other words - after being locked out from Visa and Mastercard, and a government providing totally untrustworthy paper FIAT cash that could become worthless at any time, Bitcoin is a shining beacon of hope.

A similar dynamic is happening in Venezuela, it's being called "Bitcoinization" - basically, when a government screws up so badly, people stop looking towards them all together and turn to the blockchain to provide the oversight their government isn't.

Just a couple weeks ago, we covered a story where the government of Venezuela even began blaming Bitcoin miners for city wide power outages, as the popularity of cryptocurrency grows while the value of their dollar declines.

In a surprising twist - this has made actual daily use of cryptocurrency common in countries like Venezuela, buying a beer at a bar or even paying for a doctors appointment in bitcoin is part of daily life there now.

And it shows in their transaction volume - this time last year about $200,000 week was being spent within Venezuela - that number is now at $2,100,00!

Surprisingly, some 3rd world countries have even gotton creative, creating what is basically cryptocurrency out of other
digital assets like cell phone minutes. In poor nations where cell phones function on pre-paid minutes, want a gallon of milk? You can pay for that by transferring 60 minutes of cell phone time from your account to the sellers.

In developed nations while we're experiencing a battle and endless debates over crypto VS fiat - these underdeveloped nations are ready to make the switch now.

That's where crypto companies like BABB (GetBABB.com) are stepping in, reaching out to the 2+ billion who have access to a phone, but unreliable, or no banking at all.

BABB however is taking things up a notch from simply allowing the sending and receiving of cryptocurrency - they're turning the user into a bank themselves, and are giving the ability to have friends, family, neighbors open accounts in their new virtual bank - and even issue them cards.

We've seen examples of this before, where nations skip entire portions of usual development.  In 3rd world countries where cell phones are common - land lines are not.  Corporations never came in and built the infrastructure needed for land lines - but cell phone companies did come in and put up towers.  The same could happen with banking and cryptocurrencies.

These nations may never see a physical bank built in their city - but soon may have fully functional banking on their phones - thanks to the blockchain.

http://www.globalcryptopress.com/2017/12/how-blockchain-will-be-link-between.html
naikaka

Activity: 389
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:34:37 PM

How blockchain will be the link between the modern and 3rd world

You may have heard before how in countries like Zimbabwe, Bitcoin's go for hundreds and sometimes thousands more than US/Asia/EU exchange rates. At first glance it just sounds like insane over-pricing, but the reasons behind this are valid, and actually pretty sad to hear.

After near total economic collapse in 2008 with their currency experiencing 11.2 million percent hyperinflation and fears of it happening again, the government has taking a "full control" stance on everything financial, even locking their citizens out from using any credit card transactions.

This has sent people flocking to bitcoin for financial security, all while at the same time fears of new rounds of hyperinflation circulate.

In other words - after being locked out from Visa and Mastercard, and a government providing totally untrustworthy paper FIAT cash that could become worthless at any time, Bitcoin is a shining beacon of hope.

A similar dynamic is happening in Venezuela, it's being called "Bitcoinization" - basically, when a government screws up so badly, people stop looking towards them all together and turn to the blockchain to provide the oversight their government isn't.

Just a couple weeks ago, we covered a story where the government of Venezuela even began blaming Bitcoin miners for city wide power outages, as the popularity of cryptocurrency grows while the value of their dollar declines.

In a surprising twist - this has made actual daily use of cryptocurrency common in countries like Venezuela, buying a beer at a bar or even paying for a doctors appointment in bitcoin is part of daily life there now.

And it shows in their transaction volume - this time last year about $200,000 week was being spent within Venezuela - that number is now at $2,100,00!

Surprisingly, some 3rd world countries have even gotton creative, creating what is basically cryptocurrency out of other
digital assets like cell phone minutes. In poor nations where cell phones function on pre-paid minutes, want a gallon of milk? You can pay for that by transferring 60 minutes of cell phone time from your account to the sellers.

In developed nations while we're experiencing a battle and endless debates over crypto VS fiat - these underdeveloped nations are ready to make the switch now.

That's where crypto companies like BABB (GetBABB.com) are stepping in, reaching out to the 2+ billion who have access to a phone, but unreliable, or no banking at all.

BABB however is taking things up a notch from simply allowing the sending and receiving of cryptocurrency - they're turning the user into a bank themselves, and are giving the ability to have friends, family, neighbors open accounts in their new virtual bank - and even issue them cards.

We've seen examples of this before, where nations skip entire portions of usual development.  In 3rd world countries where cell phones are common - land lines are not.  Corporations never came in and built the infrastructure needed for land lines - but cell phone companies did come in and put up towers.  The same could happen with banking and cryptocurrencies.

These nations may never see a physical bank built in their city - but soon may have fully functional banking on their phones - thanks to the blockchain.

http://www.globalcryptopress.com/2017/12/how-blockchain-will-be-link-between.html

This is some incredibly useful information. Thanks for sharing this.
unisilver

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:40:03 AM

hi, thanks for the clarification.. now i wanted to know if how many pahses do they have for the ico? because you said 20m is the hard cap for phase 1. meaning there will still be phase 2 right?
JENREM

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:13:14 AM

hello babb. may i know your pre sale's hardcap? and do you have any partnership with?
also im curious with the app, is this already available to download or not yet?
dhendrickk

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:27:55 AM

hello babb. may i know your pre sale's hardcap? and do you have any partnership with?
also im curious with the app, is this already available to download or not yet?

Hello! The hardcap on the presale is 20 Million and the app is due to be released later this year, you can check out the roadmap here - https://getbabb.com/roadmap

I would suggest you join our Telegram community for more information and discussion on the project - https://t.me/babb_official
mme1022

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:42:41 AM

Ok, there are lots of projects offering bank services. What is your main advantage?

BABB includes much of the same functionality, but operates independently of Visa and Mastercard. Payments can take place between any parties on the BABB app - merchants need only a BABB account to receive instant payment from customers. In practice, you can exchange crypto on the BABB platform and spend it, similar to how you’d use a TenX card or Tokencard.
exchange that follows regulation can choose to accept GBP easily, similar to how they integrate cryptocurrencies.

Visa/MC have dominance in the first world. There are many countries who have skipped the 3rd generation of payment methods and are ready for us.
We are indirectly competing with them since we are taking part of the cake which they are not tackling at all... in fact, it’s another cake all together.

hi, thanks for the clarification.. now i wanted to know if how many pahses do they have for the ico? because you said 20m is the hard cap for phase 1. meaning there will still be phase 2 right?

Recent changes in the ICO market have given us cause to reflect. We want to define the structure of the token sale based on a more frugal approach and a desire to hold ourselves accountable to token buyers. We have decided to split our token sale into two phases, with the second phase contingent on the completion of certain deliverables.This will be no earlier than 2019
This approach maximises value for early participants, links the release of tokens to the app use and token utility, and holds us to account for developing the tech, obtaining a banking license and securing internal partnerships.

John Cryp

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

Innovation Powered by Crypto

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:21:38 AM

Hi, what is going to happen with the unsold tokens and what is the total supply? Thanks.

Thenik87

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:40:43 AM

Hi, what is going to happen with the unsold tokens and what is the total supply? Thanks.

Unsold tokens will be burned. Total supply is 50 billion BAX.
dhendrickk

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:11:56 AM

Check out the update from BABB on their stop of in Italy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKA3YC3gotQ&t=2s
dhendrickk

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:16:39 AM

We have a newly appointed CIO - https://www.finextra.com/pressarticle/72093/blockchain-based-banking-startup-babb-names-paul-johnson-as-cio
dianikusuma

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:20:57 AM

There is an update of the information for all of us there seems to be a new CIO, I first learned of its contents hopefully positive information to progress this project makes many more participants join this project.
mme1022

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:46:21 AM

There is an update of the information for all of us there seems to be a new CIO, I first learned of its contents hopefully positive information to progress this project makes many more participants join this project.

Hey there dianikusuma!

Thank you very much for your support.

For more information and updates regarding this exciting project -   join the official Telegram group (where you can ask questions and engage with the team) and follow BABB on  Twitter .

mme1022

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:40:35 PM

BABB Pre-sale countdown: 10 DAYS TO GO

BABB pre-sale goes live in 10 days! You can participate from midday GMT on Monday 15 January. To participate, register now on https://getbabb.com/

For more details, click on the image below

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: