Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:32:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: myetherwallet is safe or not?  (Read 4437 times)
dadandandadan

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:59:04 AM

Hello guys , I would like to ask this from more veteran people here if MEW or shall we say myetherwallet.com is safe or not..?
Some of my colleagues said that myetherwallet is not safe because there maybe some intruders with wide and depeest knowledge
When it comes to security bypass could get access of your account at myetherwallet? Please
Help me answer this if mew is safe or not.. Is this a user fault to expose their private key or there is.someone could really
Access our account .. using security bypass? Please thank you.
I would not safe it is 100% safe because 2 of my friends are been scammed and emptied their wallet.
If i rate mew according on my experience as of now I would rate it 78% safe... It is because i dont seen any problem on my wallet right now.. Being scammed is maybe because of our own fault of wrongful and carelessly using of our private keys. We users of mew should keep our private keys in safe because we are responsible for our own security.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pandu Gleen

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:35:11 PM

all wallets are at risk for hacking but if we keep the privatkey and other keys correctly and no one else knows our wallet will remain safe, do not let anyone else know our privatkey because if there is someone else or we accidentally share it forum then it could be our wallet will be vulnerable from hacking .. then from that we must be careful that the contents in our wallet remain well stored.
awwal1206

Activity: 132

0x5796870edad7e3c6672cf24878b70214488d1127

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:18:09 PM

Your mew wallet remains safe as long as u keep ur private key private to urself alone!!!

► TOZEX ◄ ♦ Cryptoasset Financing Platform ♦ ► TOZEX ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn
numpadxx5

Activity: 431
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 03:10:28 PM

[/quote]
Myetherwallet is safe, just don't give your private key to anyone and be aware there is a lot of phishing site trying to copy MEW. 
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:47:18 AM

I think it's safe, as long as we keep the private key well, because only we own and know it, developers can not control their keys with our account.
Lei Crypto bounty

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:32:59 AM

myetherwallet is safe if you hold your private key somewhere that you're the only one to to know where you could hide it either online or offline,
i never heard someone got hacked their etherwallet but rather just losing the private key is the problem they mostly experienced,
The chances of it being hack is very small due to its changing address.

sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:24:42 PM

I think it's safe, as long as we keep the private key well, because only we own and know it, developers can not control their keys with our account.
MEW is a safe and better ETH wallet and also ERC20 tokens wallet.

I like the way on how we can have an easy access on MEW. I haven't seen a wallet that is like that, lite weight and fast in accessing.

Others do have email authentication though it's needed but sometimes it makes me feel lazy to confirm it, choosing your own way of accessing is really convenient.

boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:22:36 PM

all wallets are at risk for hacking but if we keep the privatkey and other keys correctly and no one else knows our wallet will remain safe
Excuse me but how is myetherwallet at risk of hacking?
They don't store your private keys. If someone hack MEW they can't get your private keys.
do not let anyone else know our privatkey because if there is someone else or we accidentally share it forum then it could be our wallet will be vulnerable from hacking
You are wrong, if you share your private keys no one has to be hacker to take your funds - it is like leaving your money in public place - if someone take money it is not stealing because you left it there.
then from that we must be careful that the contents in our wallet remain well stored.
If that happen you have to stop using that wallet, careful isn't correct word.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
KluFf

Activity: 336

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:28:17 PM

If you store your Private Key Safely
you wont have any worries.
because even the MEW site don't even store your private key.
so MEW is Safe for me

......A L F A ─ E N Z O......
\▼/ "Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem \▼/
...FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM BOUNTY...
piggeh

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:51:12 PM

Quick question on MEW security. When you use it to log in to your wallet you have to use your JSON file and password. If someone hacked their domain and changed the code so these were transmitted, is there a risk of losing control of your wallet? Does the HTTPS certificate guarantee it hasn't been hacked? Or just that you're on the right website? I know people say private key isn't transmitted, but if someone took control of the domain, or a malicious developer for MEW injected some code, is there a chance it could be hacked and keys could be stolen? Are we trusting the website to be fully secure and no malicious actions from devs ever to take place?
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:55:20 PM

If you store your Private Key Safely
you wont have any worries.
because even the MEW site don't even store your private key.
so MEW is Safe for me
MEW is the most safest wallet of ethereum, but if you can't used it properly, your earnings will possibly disappear like bubble. To assure the security of MYETHER wallet it's better if you change your wallet pin every 2-3 months or else used alphanumeric plus special character in the password.

This are the best way to secured the wallet of myether together with the other crypto currency wallet.
Angi

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:04:34 PM

I use mew and I dont have yet token or money in there but I knew that mew is secured for me unless you share your private key its not secured anymore and safe and you keep it in private that your only one know it. its secured for you dont share the private key if you dont want to lose everything in your mew and mew is your life.
BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:32:08 AM

It is very safe compared to trading sites. I have used it many times and I can say it is very reliable. It's very confusing at the start but you'll get it in a few days and always don't forget to bookmark the site.
NadimAJ

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:16:33 AM

Hi all,

I need to move from Mist which is a complete pile of garbage (syncing nightmares that cannot be resolved in any way including using LITE client). I don't understand how the community can feel comfortable about uploading a keystore file then entering a password to decrypt the private key on MyEtherWaller.com. Or are we talking about using the local version here only? 

1.) You uploaded a file, how do you know it's not saved for all posterity?
2.) How can we be sure a rogue/under duress developer doesn't modify the code to send all uploads to a special account somewhere?
3.) How do we know that password we entered isn't saved in the same way too.

https://preview.ibb.co/fsT9jm/Capture.jpg

Please tell me I'm missing something! Thanks

hidzudin fatku rozak

Activity: 121

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:05:09 PM

Etherwallet is safe because it is similar to bitcoin wallet.
The chances of it being hack is very small due to its changing address.

but why someone hack my wallet,i don't give private key to another person.

Dondont

Activity: 446
Merit: 12

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 05:38:48 PM

Myetherwallet for me become the safest wallet ever, really worth to save your ETH in there.
but i advice you don't save too much in there, im just afraid if you just share your private key by mistake, that would be a fatal.
Someone could reach your wallet and get all your eth that you save, i said this because this is ever happen to me

futureofeth

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:23:36 AM

I am using it from my beginning but never faced any problem with MEW . I think as long as if you don't share any personal info about you MEW then it is good to hold as long as possible.
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:53:43 AM

it is safer than you pc , your connection and location of your seed you keep.
So you should cary about other safety things like your pc antivirus and firewall is up to date or are you keeping your seed in safe position etc..
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:35:50 AM

This has been asked for the nth time about MEW.

And I'm going to repeat it again guys that MEW is very safe than any other ETH wallet. There are too many users of MEW and they are targeted by hackers so responsibility to our own private key is a big risk.

It's because he's a victim of phishing link.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:31:46 AM

This has been asked for the nth time about MEW.

And I'm going to repeat it again guys that MEW is very safe than any other ETH wallet. There are too many users of MEW and they are targeted by hackers so responsibility to our own private key is a big risk.

It's because he's a victim of phishing link.

I'm going to repeat it again guys that MEW is very safe than any other ETH wallet.
no, mew is not really safe at all because  mew is the famous eth wallet that mostly been attack by hackers and it is also prone to phising attempts. thats why it is recomended by mew to use or  link a hardware wallet for extra protection and to be  immune to exploits. if you dont have a hardware wallet , then much better if you can just set up a metamask .  metamask is a google chrome browser plugin or add on that can be downloaded on chrome store, you can now then link it to mew for a better security and accesibility.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: