Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:43:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: myetherwallet is safe or not?  (Read 4440 times)
Ompyon

Activity: 715
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:19:59 PM

This has been asked for the nth time about MEW.

And I'm going to repeat it again guys that MEW is very safe than any other ETH wallet. There are too many users of MEW and they are targeted by hackers so responsibility to our own private key is a big risk.

but why someone hack my wallet,i don't give private key to another person.
It's because he's a victim of phishing link.

I'm going to repeat it again guys that MEW is very safe than any other ETH wallet.
no, mew is not really safe at all because  mew is the famous eth wallet that mostly been attack by hackers and it is also prone to phising attempts. thats why it is recomended by mew to use or  link a hardware wallet for extra protection and to be  immune to exploits. if you dont have a hardware wallet , then much better if you can just set up a metamask .  metamask is a google chrome browser plugin or add on that can be downloaded on chrome store, you can now then link it to mew for a better security and accesibility.
that right, you have presented something very useful, especially for bitcoiners,
and for me it really adds to the insight, thank you verry much.

]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 768

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:44:46 PM

Hello guys , I would like to ask this from more veteran people here if MEW or shall we say myetherwallet.com is safe or not..?
Some of my colleagues said that myetherwallet is not safe because there maybe some intruders with wide and depeest knowledge
When it comes to security bypass could get access of your account at myetherwallet? Please
Help me answer this if mew is safe or not.. Is this a user fault to expose their private key or there is.someone could really
Access our account .. using security bypass? Please thank you.
Bypassing a mew wallet? Its not possible as long they cant able to crack your private key they cant do nothing to have an access into your wallet which I can say that MEW is safe for now. If you have seen the recent hack of Etherdelta. Some people do make false assumptions that MEW isn't safe because most people did able to lose their tokens because hacker did have an access to their mew but the truth is that its being accessed because hacker used DNS type of hacking which if you have logged in on the exchange without log-outing your account then for sure you would really lose your tokens.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
mworker

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:42:54 PM

i think .myetherwallet developers do not have access to your personal key, which means everyone should control and protect their keys. I've never heard of a hack in hacking, some people who lost their private keys . unless you are lazy and private keys can be accessed by thieves. This is the same theory for my ththathlete, electrom, blockchain, it is safe.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:56:13 AM

Hello guys , I would like to ask this from more veteran people here if MEW or shall we say myetherwallet.com is safe or not..?
Some of my colleagues said that myetherwallet is not safe because there maybe some intruders with wide and depeest knowledge
When it comes to security bypass could get access of your account at myetherwallet? Please
Help me answer this if mew is safe or not.. Is this a user fault to expose their private key or there is.someone could really

ive been using myetherwallet for 4 months now and so far i dont experience any problems like stolen coins/tokens or hacking/phising attempts therfor i could honestly say that myetherwallet is a safe etherium erc20 wallet for all altcoins and tokens. however im also aware that mew lately has several problems or issues on some users that states there coins had lost inside their own wallets therfor you should be extra cautios when entering your private keys and always check the address bar before accesing any other site in order to avoid this kind of problem.
cryptoblazter

Activity: 421

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:37:26 PM

Myetherwallet is actually safe, unless you give to someone else your private key or post it in somewhere else in the forum for sure your MEW is not safe anymore. So if that's the case you need to create another one new wallet from your MEW. And it could be access by somebody if you click some fishing site which is related to your MEW then all of a sudden you know its a fake site it means you've been hack. 

SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:01:32 PM

The safety of myetherwallet depends on how the owner of the wallet protects his private key but from my experience I think its 75% safe to use as long as you dont get phished by clicking unknown links.
hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:28:57 PM

Safe or not depends on how you use it! But to be safe you should use in limited quantities! Carefully check the paths when log in wallet.
ceferov

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 03:43:09 PM

I'm using it for a long time. Never had any problems with MEW. I don't think you will have any problem till you don't enter your private key or Keystore file to fake site

https://www.ETH2X.com - Multiplayer roulette gambling platform.
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:57:21 PM

Myetherwallet+Metamask is the best solution for ETH and Ethereum based tokens, imho. Just be sure you use right link for it. There are bunch of MEW phishing sites lately.
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:09:08 AM

Myetherwallet is safe! Not as a safe as a hardware wallet perhaps depending on your circumstances but its still very safe
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:56:24 AM

myetherwallet is safe because yesterday, I am trying to move some of my tokens to hitbtc and I have success to do it although the gas that I use become bigger. but I have a strange experience with mew, the first time I tried to send, it said that the token success to send with 40k of gas but after I check at etherscan.io, my transaction said that the gas it's not enough and is gone just like that. and after I repeat to send again but this time, I used 56k from 55k suggestion and it does not take too long to arrive in my hitbtc account.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
OrangeII

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:36:51 AM

as long as i use it, it's reliable. it's just that so many people are losing their coins there. probably because of a phishing site or something of the sort. safe or not, I guess it all depends on your caution.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 03:49:58 AM

MEW is perfectly safe to make a wallet ethereum ,, what makes it insecure is if you enter a fake address, or there may be a virus on your computer that has been inserted by a hacker
devollito

Activity: 560
Merit: 217

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:52:59 AM

I always use myetherwallet. It is safe depend on people who use it. There are people who got phising using myetherwallet. To prevend it always double check the url before you put ur secret key on it and password. All wallet safe is depend on the human who use it. But the safest way to keep your cerypto is offline wallet like trezor or open ledger.
mjnick01

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:32:14 PM

Of course, because of the amount of process before entering the most main wallet you have a lot to deal with with two types of address
one is primary and one is private key
there are steps before you can scratch the inside of your wallet
and it's connected to a lot of secure sites so you can actually say it's a safe deposit box or a wallet pouch
It is important to always think positive and listen to lifting
for the knowledge of such things has expanded
ChakDeFatte

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:31:56 PM

If you read all the details about security from MEW then it is safe.
mjnick01

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:18:47 PM

use myetherwallet safe
It has not been reported that it has taken the etherium
It is important to trust your whole heart
do not comment on the libnk page because that's because they trust and do not want to break just because of simple things
so if you think it's safe to use myetherwallet
and one of the safest uses
He also looks like a coins wallet
as many users as well and many are amazed by the security or money recovery
so I can say that one of the most secure use today is myetherwallet
Do not trust other wallets that are not tested by many people
it's best to ask first before taking action
superving

Activity: 938
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:38:29 PM

Its up to the users if they know what they are doing , no one can hack your private keys as long as no one knows it, dont give your private keys to anyone and dont click bait link,.

Katabit

Activity: 203
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:42:29 PM

In my opinion, this is a safe wallet. But on the forum there were topics that crypto-currencies were stolen. This is due to the negligence of the owners of the wallet. One of the mistakes (an example from one bounty campaign), when the field for the purse address was filled with a key.

bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:21:32 PM

Many people who are experts have being recommending this MEW wallet and also many times even heard from friend that MEW wallet is the safest among along. Additional benefit is that it is an ERC20 support wallet address which solve the purpose of getting different tokens under one site itself which makes it more attractive for anybody.

Do any body know will I get any notification when some tokens are credited for any particular coin? Say I forgot that 3 months before I had participated in something and I would receive the tokens now. So will their be any notification like new token received on site or on mail. Or else their are 100 of token so do I need to manually keep checking each and everyone if received any?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: