Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:52:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA is the next big thing  (Read 45345 times)
turbulence

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:31:01 PM

I sold my BNT as I saw that it was overvalued in the ICO. I think the same for Tezos. I will maybe hold my Tezos but honestly it is too much money for guys with no clue. Still I made profit but I would not recommend it.
Honestly I prefer to buy main tokens like ETH and less the tokens on top of the network. I also need to keep the number of investments small to follow them.

I added IOTA to XMR, ETH and NEO.
Thats enough for me.

well yeah most icos are overvalued, i'm thinking more of how it looks now after months of downtrend. tho it can possibly drop to like 50-60m marketcap before bottom i guess. anyways thanks for answer

███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
        ▄▄███████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████████
 ████████   ▀██████████▀▄▄▀███████         ███          ███       ▐█▌     █████████████   █████████▄       ███     ███       ███
█████████     ▀████████ ▀▀ ████████        ████        ████       ███     ▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄     ███      ███     ███
█████████  █▄   ▀█▀  ███  █████████        █████      █████      █████         ███        ███      ▀██▌    ███       ███▄ ▄███
█████████  ███▄     ▄███  █████████        ██████    ██████     ██▌ ▐██        ███        ███       ██▌    ███        ███████
█████████  ███▀ ▄█▄ ▀███  █████████        ███▀███▄▄███▀███    ███   ███       ███        ███     ▄███     ███        ███████
█████████  ███  ███  ███  █████████        ███  ▀████▀  ███   ███     ███      ███        ███    ████      ███       ███▀ ▀███
 ███████ ▄▄ ██  ▀█▀  ███  ████████         ███    ▀▀    ███  ███       ███     ███        ███     ▀███     ███      ███     ███
  ██████▄▀▀▄███▄   ▄████  ███████          ███          ███  ██         ██     ███        ███       ███    ███     ███       ███
    ███████████████████████████
      ███████████████████████
        ▀▀███████████████▀▀

The Intelligent Blockchain
▬▬  Pre-ICO: January 4th  |  ICO: January 16th

ANN  News  Scene  Showcase
██  Whitepaper:  Bussines | Technical  ██
Facebook  Twitter  Github  Telegram

███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
      ███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptimus prime (OP)

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:19:46 PM

According to the current market it is indeed underrated. Whole alts are underrated too since the last fork.

Yes it is also just a question of time when the big BTC correction will happen. Also IOTA technology compared to BTC is something like Crypto 3.0.
No more expensive and slow transactions, feeless transactions instead. This lets BTC let look pretty old. And yet it cant be stopped as IOTA already has too much support by big companies.

Seems the German Telekom, a telecommunication giant in Germany, is endorsing IOTA: https://www.brand-design.telekom.com/hackathon/
The IOTA founder will have a presentation on the Blockchain conference organized by the Telekom.

So we have major companies lining up behind IOTA, Bosch, Volkswagen, Telekom, but you will find a lot of trolls trying to explain you how it is worthless and you should sell and not buy it.
I love this game but have been too long in it.  Grin
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 11:13:51 PM

According to the current market it is indeed underrated. Whole alts are underrated too since the last fork.

Yes it is also just a question of time when the big BTC correction will happen. Also IOTA technology compared to BTC is something like Crypto 3.0.
No more expensive and slow transactions, feeless transactions instead. This lets BTC let look pretty old. And yet it cant be stopped as IOTA already has too much support by big companies.

Seems the German Telekom, a telecommunication giant in Germany, is endorsing IOTA: https://www.brand-design.telekom.com/hackathon/
The IOTA founder will have a presentation on the Blockchain conference organized by the Telekom.

So we have major companies lining up behind IOTA, Bosch, Volkswagen, Telekom, but you will find a lot of trolls trying to explain you how it is worthless and you should sell and not buy it.
I love this game but have been too long in it.  Grin

Interesting project. Thanks for highlighting and making a case for researching further.

cryptimus prime (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:35:04 AM

Hackable means for me it is possible to modify transactions and get a lot of money.
How you can do this. You need a lot of nodes which have a special SW on board. IOTA needs
only small runtime consumption. So maybe it is possible to infect computers with this
special SW. Maybe hundred thousand of computer and now you have the possibility to
modify the transactions. Or there is a very popular website including special JavaScript
on it.

Ehm does not sound very detailed.
I can also say I could hack BTC maybe, but...  Cheesy

In a long presentation one of the IOTA core developers says in the end, that there will be further updates which will prevent attacks by introducing a flexible proof of work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVTOHdrsJ-U

The presentation is about 1h 30 minutes long and pretty technical but it explains a lot about the potential and you can see how professional and large scale this project is.

They don't discuss about this. And why I know this. Because last security issue on the self
made hash function.  Sad They kept in silence. The MIT have found some hash isues and informed them.

It is not the "MIT" who found anything. It was more a kind of a public relations attack, like it happened on Monero before. This is just again an outdated FUD and a good example how those who try to oppose IOTA work The publishers of this "paper" are invested in Zcash and in a not successful competitor of IOTA. Of course they did not disclose their conflict of interest and have misused the name MIT to give the publication on Medium more credibility.

The "paper" was published on Medium, not on their own page or the MIT or in a scientific peer reviewed paper where they definitely would need to do a disclosure of interest.

This is something for the SEC. Wink
But we from the Monero community are used to those dirty tricks by the Zcash corporation and their friends and investors. Wink

Here is a good analysis of this with a link to rebbutal: https://satoshiwatch.com/coins/iota/in-depth/cryptographic-vulnerabilities-in-iota-a-biased-hit-piece/

This is the reason in the crypto space only few make big money, they know where to inform themselves, read deeply and a lot, read everywhere, compare, while others run behind the mass.
Lucacrebbe

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:14:36 AM

double post
cryptimus prime (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:16:03 AM

Ehm....yes... Roll Eyes Grin
Lucacrebbe

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:16:24 AM

yes  but  many people say it's hackable, you have not answered  to this problem... it's a big problem if  the tangle is ''hackable'', that's why iota does not skyrocket.   Who would invest in an hackable  currency?   That's  a big problem  and that's  why it has  not ''skyrocked''  yet,  after  two years.
Two years is a long time for a big project like they aim  to be.   WHY DOES IT  NOT  SKYROCKET?  OBV  THERE  are some problems  that do not convince  the investitors
Musseum

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:22:20 AM

I bought 14k MIOTA and 1,9k WAVES 1,5 months ago (total of 15k $).
This 2 will be High Performer in 2018 or 2019.
It's a long term investment, but trust me, they will explode, maybe not now but they will!
Especially IOTA will be a game changer in the cryptoworld.
Lucacrebbe

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:25:35 AM

Ehm....yes... Roll Eyes Grin

You say  yes  but you have not answered to the  question  about the  ''hackable''  tangle,  I reapeat  if it's  true  it's  a serious  problem  and  that's  why the price does not go up  since  TWO  YEARS
IgniHash

Merit: 10

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:30:52 AM

Thanks man. Finally, glad to see someone write very deep explanation about IOTA. At the first time, i din't recognize IOTA, and very underestimated this project. What i can't understand is, i am still not fully believe in the existence of feeless transaction. How? but i think, this thread make me realize to explore more about IOTA.

rawrats

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:46:11 PM

yes  but  many people say it's hackable, you have not answered  to this problem... it's a big problem if  the tangle is ''hackable'', that's why iota does not skyrocket.   Who would invest in an hackable  currency?  

You repeat "hackable" three times! With much repetition it becomes a truth with no proof? Don't listen to Core + Blockstream trolls. Investigate:

https://satoshiwatch.com/coins/iota/articles/glaring-dishonesty-mit-researchers

Never has Iota been hacked
Gaius Cryptus Tradius

Activity: 196

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:19:56 PM

IOTA will be the future with a tangle instead of a blockchain. Right now it is trapped in the altcoin purge, might go a bit lower still. But longterm a great investment probably

bucciarati

Activity: 700
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 08:33:38 PM

weel, thank you for you insights op, you get my attention when you cited bosch and other big players. maybe they are investing only to gather infos on technology and create their own but indeed i can see the potential for a profitable trade strategy

surikat85

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:25:33 PM

I think that in 2-3 years IOTA will be the second after BTC.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:40:58 PM

This observation is spot on:

The thing that pisses me off about IOTA is the ongoing snapshots, disappearing balances(having to generate new addresses in a new wallet to get the funds back) and loss of access to your coins when the devs decide to move them all to an address they control and you have to wait a month for them to release a new tool to try and get them back.

Is IOTA decentralised when at any time the dev team can literally take your funds and move them to an address only they control without your pre approval?

And now about that:

IOTA is only on Bitfinex and Binance - more exchanges will come

Impossible. No site can risk adding a coin where the devs snitch ballances from wallets. They did that one time, and one time only is sufficient to never trust this project anymore. It's over, they messed up their project. A NO GO, as in unforgiveable curse.
Imagine Satoshi Nakamoto would have taken all your Bitcoins into his wallet "for your safety" since you have reused any addresses?

Unimaginable. Bitcoin would be dead today.
cryptimus prime (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:39:22 AM

@ Coinomist

Are you sure?
If yes, maybe we could bet about Bittrex and maybe some Japanese exchanges adding IOTA in the next time? Grin
zabisux

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:33:07 AM

At the moment I agree that IOTA is probably going to be the next big thing. Its still not moon ed at all, thinking about full potential. My biggest concern with IOTA is its market support. I want to see it on bittrex, poloniex, and many others.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
EMS-007

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:40:01 PM

This is really Promising and a Great Huge project and i guess 2019 is the starting skyrocket of IOTA to the moon IMHO! Wink
martyMC

Activity: 159
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:54:25 PM

This is really Promising and a Great Huge project and i guess 2019 is the starting skyrocket of IOTA to the moon IMHO! Wink
2019?? It's a crypto! Nobody will wait until 2019 to get some profit!
Collectorcoin

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 02:16:03 PM

This was an extremely well thought out and written article. I wish more people took time out of their day to do something like this. You do not see others, like yourself, steering people away from the copious amounts of new Altcoins that have no future.

Even the ones like Bitconnect, as you mentioned, that might appear stable but anyone who has been in Cryptos for years knows this is not the case.

I personally used to invest in GawMiners as I thought "Cloud Mining" was an amazing concept. I was fortunate enough to get out before everyone realized GawMiners was just a huge ponzi scheme that did not actually have any Mining Rigs or technology backing them. Huge Scams seem to come more and more regularly now and it is nice to see someone guiding the way or shining a light on somethings to help out newer members.

Thank You For This!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: