Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:34:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA is the next big thing  (Read 45349 times)
Ebenezar64

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:34:22 PM

Great analysis and I am glad that I have gotten into IOTA. It seems to be running very well these last few weeks. I hope it keeps up, I will be a long term holder since this is a very interesting project. What is next on the roadmap for IOTA?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
cryptimus prime (OP)

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:39:22 PM

Thanks guys I am glad you enjoyed this analysis. And to those who listened early and got in early into IOTA, donate something to a good cause to whatever humanitarian organization you like, now or later.
It feels good to give something back. Never become a greedy bastard. Wink

For me I do not even see a reason to play any trading games with IOTA as I have the big picture in my mind and know where this is heading (beating ETH and then BTC current market cap).
Just simply put it on cold storage and enjoy the fruits in 1-2 years. Cheesy

Thank you so much for your in-depth analysis cryptimus prime. I had IOTA on my radar but I didn't know it was such a big deal. And in my opinion, it has the chance of becoming a project that does not only convince technically minded folks with its product but also investors with its idea. It's always bad if a product is just hyped up marketing but lacks a convincing product. At the same time, it's just as painful as a fantastic technical solution whose founders are unable to create some noise.

Would definitely appreciate reading more such excellent threads from you.

Who knows, perhaps we will soon hear something about LINK from you (as you have already mentioned it.) However, I feel that the two developers behind the project remain intentionally focused on developing their solution and forming partnerships. Which may be quite frustrating to some. At the moment, it seems like a convincing idea without the necessary marketing skills to convince investors though. Hopefully this changes in the future until then I'm not fully convinced.

Greetings to you in Berlin or wherever you are at the moment (Grüße nach Berlin.)

Thanks.
Yes Chainlink is undervalued because they lack marketing, but if they do solve the problem of Ethereum as an decentralized oracle it can be easy at least 1 billion USD if not more. We speak here about x20.
Read their whitepaper or the simple explanation of it, this guy summed it up: https://medium.com/@cl_thodges  Pretty interesting. It is a smaller bet for me then IOTA or XMR, but nevertheless I scooped some for cheap at 17 cent, now its around 25 cent and growing.

I am everywhere, greetings back. Cheesy
Uses

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:18:30 AM

Watching IOTA everyday and am very glad your thread caught my eyes! In your opinion, is it safe to keep a large amount of money in an exchange? The one I'm referring to is Binance. It seems established and has a multitude of customers, but the incidence with Mt.Gox has me scared to keep large amounts of money in exchanges.

The reason I ask this is because keeping my balances of alt-coins in exchanges seem to be the easiest and most convenient way to store these coins. I don't have to worry about downloading clients or any of that. Just want your opinion on whether or not you think it's safe.

Thanks again for this thread!

bengems

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:13:41 AM

Iota is big, but Tezos will be bigger. They have a working product and larger community

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
geitrin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:18:37 AM

Bought some because of you in the beginning of november! Thank you! Now just waiting for a little dip to get some more.
bucksman5233

Activity: 264

TV TWO - Connect your TV to ETH Blockchain

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 10:20:01 AM

Iota is big, but Tezos will be bigger. They have a working product and larger community
But Tezozs marketcap will already be huge when it enters the market. Probably reaching 2x is very hard and also there was many bad news after ICO which spread like wildfire. Like they had some issues in legal matters which was yet to be resolved. Whatever it might be, Tezozs team are now fucking rich with all the users money.

black91

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:29:54 PM

But Tezozs marketcap will already be huge when it enters the market. Probably reaching 2x is very hard and also there was many bad news after ICO which spread like wildfire. Like they had some issues in legal matters which was yet to be resolved. Whatever it might be, Tezozs team are now fucking rich with all the users money.
Hey, how to get few Tezozs, just wanted to know as I'm a new member here. Can you throw some light on this?
rom167

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:46:25 PM

Good job, thanks for your analysis!
cryptimus prime (OP)

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:34:00 PM

I have bought a portion of Tezos during the ICO, and as soon as I can I will sell it. Tezos community are just people waiting to sell their coins expensive.
That is not a community but moonkids.  Wink The whole project is a joke, even owning it I have not recommended it to any friends because that would be dishonest.

IOTA will be something totally different compared to any coin we had before.
Forget cryptocurrencies and the way you look at them now. This is a new dimension of crypto.
A network around the world which will connect millions and billions of devices.
loreRex

Activity: 279
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:41:02 PM

I have bought a portion of Tezos during the ICO, and as soon as I can I will sell it. Tezos community are just people waiting to sell their coins expensive.
That is not a community but moonkids.  Wink The whole project is a joke, even owning it I have not recommended it to any friends because that would be dishonest.

Forget cryptocurrencies and the way you look at them now. This is a new dimension of crypto.

I could say the same for IOTA. Everyone it's here to sell their coin for profit, whether we like the underlying project or not. We sell when we think that the project cannot go up further, and currently this is not the case both for IOTA and Tezos.
The difference is that Tezos built on proved ground (the blockchain), while IOTA is trying with a new idea (the tangle) that is not fully validated yet.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 01:43:29 PM

Maybe you have read some of my calls before. My last call was on ZENcash: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2078049.0

It was a month or two before ZENcash mooned, while all other alts doomed. No I am not a member of a pumpgroup, not a prophet or a great trader, nor do I like P&D of garbage and scammy coins which have no future. Some people have written me PMs and asking for advice, so I decided to write my next advice here for everybody. I do not have many time and also not many advices, because I think that most coins out there are useless or do not have what it needs to be successful long term.

I am just an investor who is longer in this field and doing deep research, taking a position in cryptocurrencies before others do. A position from which one I can hodl long term and with a lot of patience.
If you take your time to intensively screen through the mass of projects you will see that many of them are without value, with no development, copycats, no problems they can solve or they do solve problems which could be solved also with a centralized solution. Projects with a lot of shiny marketing and no backing by big names.

This will be a really simple and fundamental analysis, so you have to do your own research, not rely on what I or others are telling you.

Fundamentally new technology

IOTA is completly different and let me tell you why. IOTA is a hedge against all blockchain based projects as it is based on the tangle, not on a blockchain. IOTA transactions are fast and feeless, they cost nothing. There are no miners, no fees. No conflict of interest between those who send transactions and those who validated them.
When you send a transaction on IOTA, you have to confirm other transactions in order to have your IOTAs sent. IOTAs technology is in this case without real competition. IOTA is not an altcoin, because it is a completly new version of a decentralized value network. IOTA is made for the machine to machine (m2m) business but can be used by humans too. Transactions without fees are a killer application.

IOTA has a market cap of only 1 billion, while I think it could reach 30 billions like Ethereum.

IOTA is a mothercoin, like BTC.

IOTA Foundation is cooperating with global player companies

IOTA is supported by the daughter company (Innogy) of the energy giant RWE. Bosch is highly supporting IOTA. Bosch is the largest manufacturer of car electronics worldwide. IOTA will be used for transactions between electro autonomous cars and loading stations. Innogy is highly thrilled about this function because it takes out the middleman, the banks or any kind of contracts. The CEO of Fujitsu Europe is mentioning IOTA several times on this twitter account, so we could see here further cooperation. There are several global players which have already plans and contracts to work together with the IOTA foundation. When they will be revealed it could bring up the price to new highs.

Advisors of IOTA are people who have worked for large global players, they have a name and reputation to lose, the same is true for the cooperating companies. Wink

Also important to know: Every company will use the one IOTA network and will use the IOTA tokens. Compared to Ethereum where everybody can have their own Ethereum network, IOTA is only secure if many take part. So the main IOTA network will be used by all. Also Ethereum allows you to create tokens on top of the network, while on IOTA you need to use the one token. Everything contrary you will read about this is just a simple lie. Also it is a lie that there are too many IOTA tokens arounds, do basic math. You can divide BTC behind the 0, but IOTAs cant be divide, they are already like Satoshis.

The IOTA foundation has been supported by the IOTA whales with funds. The tokens were fairly distributed (not like ETH), and even the developers had to buy them. The IOTA foundation has announced that already in this year they will start hiring around 50 new developers. This is real dedicated development on a huge scale, not a pseudo project. This ist the new Ethereum competitor.

IOTA will have smart contracts

IOTA will have smart contracts similar to Ethereum. This could already happen in 2017 and would give it a further feature. This will push the market cap up. Even without the contracts Innogy gave up Ethereum and switched to IOTA. Flash channels on IOTA for example enable you to transact trustlessly even without a smart contract. You load your car with energy and load the energy station with packages of IOTA microtransactions. If one side stops to load, the other stream (energy or IOTA) stops too. Ethereum can`t do this.

IOTA is only on Bitfinex and Binance - more exchanges will come

More exchanges will come for sure and are already in contact with IOTA foundation. We know from the past that exchange adoptions have pushed the price of many strong cryptocurrencies.

FUD, why IOTA is undervalued and weak points

IOTA is simply undervalued because of one thing: Most crypto investors do not understand it. It is to hard to grasp for the pump and dump seeking mass. It is too hard to undersand why feeless transactions could finally bring blockchain based projects like BTC to struggle.

There was a lot of FUD against IOTA and disinformations spread by those who accumulate or fear IOTA. Indeed there are still some drawbacks and some things to overcome. The IOTA network needs the so called coordinator a group of nodes which support the tangle network by generating transactions. Those are needed as long as the IOTA network is still small, but will be shut off as a critical mass of the network size has been reached. Also people are complaining about network updates and so called snapshots which lead to circumstances in which the users had to use a tool to gain control over their funds again. Nothing too complicated but it was used for FUD endlessly.

The way of intensive, orchestrated and organized FUD on social media against IOTA is for me a clear sign that some whales are accumulating here.
This FUD will be turned into hype by the same people. I have watched this game too many times. Wink

Of course you can wait till all bugs are out and IOTA is fully used by everybody, but then you can be sure the current 1 billion market cap will be more around 30 billions, like ETH is, or even higher.
I prefer to buy when its cheap, not expensive. Wink

Why am I taking my time to write this?

Yes I am invested in IOTA, yes I would like to see it go up. But I only invest early in later very strong cryptocurrencies. I would like to see IOTA prosper because I am simply tired of watching scammy ICOs and worthless garbage coins beeing pushed up and sold to new bagholders. Imagine we live in a world where the scam Bitconnect was pushed up into the top 10 of cryptocurrencies. If I just steer some people away from shitcoins into a valueable project which could have a deep impact, its fine for me. If you think I am shilling, I do not care. This one will go up and there is nobody who can prevent it. Wink

This text is neither complete nor does it give you full informations, dont be lazy, read and research or lose your money on bullshit coins.

Salute!
You deserve it and congrats on the good call, x6 from the time you make a call which is exact 1 month ago at 4th of November.

1B Marketcap to 6B Marketcap
You did a good shill there and i think you deserve the shill Tongue
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:45:45 PM

The sad about Tezos is it was the biggest Crowdfunding but the result of that was still unknown by means of any coins is not distributed yet and we could not say that it can make us huge profit unless it will be followed by a few good updates from the team or project.
lidd0512

Activity: 94

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:49:33 PM

with a pleasure to see your remarks,is it good to buy iota after its pump?
well ,for me iota has some mysterious features in crypto world,i think thats the point it atrract me.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 02:07:12 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/04/cryptocurrency-iota-rallies-after-launch-of-data-marketplace.html

theory_of_computation

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:49:46 PM

I wish I could have seen earlier Smiley)
alexey8080

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:01:18 PM

Wow, IOTA, what a fantastic growth since the beginning of November.
And this is for a coin with huge market cap.
A lot of good news lately.
BRAVO.
BlockHell

Activity: 94

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:02:39 PM

LOL. Best joke I read in time.
naclio

Activity: 74

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:27:25 AM

Great analysis.

I think that IOTA has the potential to make a good multiplier, and above all to change many things in the current market.

regards
joshki

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:31:52 AM

https://twitter.com/kylesamani/status/937886293803065345?s=17
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 10:50:31 AM

That fud has been rolled out over and over again.

https://medium.com/@mistywind/iota-cofounder-sergey-ivancheglo-aka-come-from-beyonds-responses-to-the-ongoing-fud-about-so-ea3afd51a79b

I'm betting on the guy who invented POS.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: