Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:23:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is holding bitcoin Greedy?  (Read 13241 times)
dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:08:56 PM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
We've all read that story in the school with the moral "Greed is a Curse".
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

why can you say greedy? we hold bitcoin as a place of investment and savings for the future, if I have a lot of money I would have bought as much bitcoin as possible and hold it and will take profits if the price is very expensive, so storing bitcoin is not greedy but it is a very choice smart.

Exactly, terming it as greed is false. People do it for growing there wealth and its just a desire. But we cannot neglect few people does fall prey of greed, they buy without thinking and also sell without thinking. That is particularly being greedy, the fear which acts is a sign of greed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wenas

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:11:11 PM

You can't be called greedy if you just want to hold your Bitcoin, that's your rights in having Bitcoin you can do whatever you want with it. It is a good strategy and you are just being wise in terms of getting more profit in the long term than buying then selling it right away.
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 01:20:11 PM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?
I really don't think so. Why would we call a person who holds Bitcoin greedy?  Each of us has our own reasons as to why we hold Bitcoins. It's more like a strategy of ensuring or securing our investments. And I don't see anything wrong with that.

Jesabela04

Activity: 540
Merit: 100

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:36:01 PM

Well for me, I think holding bitcoin is not a bad thing. It isn't being greedy as well. I believe that it is just a wise way of getting a good and high profit. Most of bitcoin holders already had a high profit and they are already billionaires now and we can't blame them about that for that is just their ways of earning more. Being greedy is far different from being wise and strategic.
odranoel

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:47:30 PM

In some other ways we can say greedy because we keep on saving bitcoin in the purpose that bitcoin price is fast increasing nowadays but the reality is we just think the posibililty that our bitcoin is a big amount to exchange in the future compare today.

YouSeeMe  ♦   Bartcoin  ♦  Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
Marco Ambrusini

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:53:10 PM

i wouldn't call holding bitcoins greedy  you just keeping your money while hoping to make gains.
some investors are however reluctant and scared to enter into trading with the fear of losing .they rather prefare keeping it in cold storage and wait till bitcoins gains value gradually
posoa

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:56:38 PM

Holding Bitcoin is not Greedy, because when you decide to keep your money in the bank in a saving account for a period of months or years best decided by you possibly for the purpose of interest, or for the purpose also best known to you, there is nothing like greedy in that. Bitcoin investors are in it for the purpose of gain and this is best decided by them to keep holding  their bitcoin till a period they deem it  fit to sell for the purpose of gain. so when you look at it , it has nothing to do with greed because it belong to them. It is only if they want to have all the bitcoin to them selves and  will not want anyone else to also have that greed will be seen.
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:58:58 PM

Holding Bitcoin is not Greedy, because when you decide to keep your money in the bank in a saving account for a period of months or years best decided by you possibly for the purpose of interest, or for the purpose also best known to you, there is nothing like greedy in that. Bitcoin investors are in it for the purpose of gain and this is best decided by them to keep holding  their bitcoin till a period they deem it  fit to sell for the purpose of gain. so when you look at it , it has nothing to do with greed because it belong to them. It is only if they want to have all the bitcoin to them selves and  will not want anyone else to also have that greed will be seen.
It is not greedy, it is just a great decision that we should made and for us to consider our future, if others will find it as greedy, then they don't know the advantage that will come to their life if they will  do the same. You are not stealing bitcoin or hacking wallet so there is nothing wrong with what we are doing.
BitNotByte

Activity: 227

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:19:59 PM

i think not... You invested because your money to grow right? now it's natural that you'll aim for the highest value possible for your money to attain before you exchange it back to your currency. But the question is, how long will you hold on to it?  Huh

yanlap

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:49:29 PM

why can you say greedy? we hold bitcoin as a place of investment and savings for the future, if I have a lot of money I would have bought as much bitcoin as possible and hold it and will take profits if the price is very expensive, so storing bitcoin is not greedy but it is a very choice smart.

Exactly, terming it as greed is false. People do it for growing there wealth and its just a desire. But we cannot neglect few people does fall prey of greed, they buy without thinking and also sell without thinking. That is particularly being greedy, the fear which acts is a sign of greed.
Yeah it is bad to have bitcoin greed for bitcoin you will have to have patience and courage to save money for your future; it is a very bad act to sell your bitcoin at low price and not waiting for the price get high. Indeed it is not good to be greedy and suffer lose so be with bitcoin and leave your greed aside to enjoy long term profit so in future you will be smart and well patient person with a lot of profit.
Colt22

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:25:56 PM

Make possible of impossible. Turn Good into bad. Your weakness is you strenght.
some of Possitive thinking qoutes.
Being Greedy also have a good side.  As well as pride, where your on a verge of giving up but your pride was too high which makes you to keep moving and forward.  If your not comfortable with the word greedy then think of it as being smart. Besides you wont hodl a coin without a reason.
You just need balance 👌👌
It’s your asset whatever you want to do is your wish no one has any right to make any statement on it and for me holding is the best possible thing which bring a lot of profit to the investor court and saying it a greed is not right this is how bitcoin work and people are investing and holding for the future benefits and if no one hold bitcoin price will not come so higher to give huge bunch of profit to the sophisticated investors,
LeaderAMB

Activity: 259

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:27:22 PM

You know, when you spend your time , money, mind investing in bitcoin, you always have much more expectation on it . Like any other people, you often hope it will rise fast. For me it can’t be said greedy, because we have waste much our effort, we deserve to get what we want. Exactly, if you sure that holding it to get more profit, it’s not greedy but it can make you feel safe and a bit more intelligent.

Nissan-GTR

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:30:02 PM

i don't think this is a greedy behavior because some of people want to hold it until another folk coming
and some people is a true fans in bitcoin ,

Yes , people end up acring like that because Bitcoin is very unreachable nowadays, it may be impossible for them to get some in short period of time cause the people know this were increasing day by day.
MJG24

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:00:30 PM

Perhaps greed is a bit negative connotation, especially if the initial idea of the person is to be able to gain profit to sustain for their family.
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:06:46 PM

When to buy and when to sell is the sovereign right of any bitcoin holders. Every investor has his own set of mind about returns from his investments. As bitcoin price is raising continuously from last one year and still good predictions are coming from experts regarding its price, why one will sell it. Only those who are in desperate need of money will sell their bitcoins. So holding bitcoin at such an appreciated value is not at all a greedy nature but a wise decision.
annango

Activity: 361
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:09:43 PM

Holding bitcoin is greedy. Wow this is a new idea so if you are holding Gold are also greedy and stock, too.
We've all read that story in the school with the moral "Greed is a Curse"
I think you are deliberately misconstruing "the Greed definition". For investors who is investing in bitcoin, always hope they will get the most profitable and to do this they only hold bitcoin. This is their investing strategy not greedy. Of course there is a possibility that holding bitcoin too long you can be lost your investing money if bitcoin is down but this is too hard to happen because bitcoin is always go up.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:29:29 AM

i don't think this is a greedy behavior because some of people want to hold it until another folk coming
and some people is a true fans in bitcoin ,

Yes , people end up acring like that because Bitcoin is very unreachable nowadays, it may be impossible for them to get some in short period of time cause the people know this were increasing day by day.
Holding is you can say greedy but the fact is you need to be greedy for having some good amount of money. At the very present time, holding is the best way of making money and it will for sure help you in makingsome handsome amount of money as the market price of bitcoin is rising very much significantly in no time. The only thing you need to have for that is controlling your emotions under your control.

Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:35:59 AM

No its not what you called being greedy people, this is all about being smart people. If this is one of the best way to have some profit, then why not? When you are holding a bitcoins and make it as an investment, you have to know already that there are risk of ended up losing.

humanvelocity

Activity: 185
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:40:35 AM

No, I don't think so because holding Bitcoin is a smart move today couple of years back Bitcoin had no value and now it can make people millions just because they were holding few Bitcoin,If I had Bitcoins I would hold and be smart too.
beezare

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:40:53 AM

I disagree because wanting to get a lot of profit by holding bitcoin is not greedy and in bitcoin, our goal is to gain profit and if by holding back do not get anything it is a risk
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: