Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:05:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is holding bitcoin Greedy?  (Read 13241 times)
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:07:37 AM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
We've all read that story in the school with the moral "Greed is a Curse".
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

Be greedy, mate... in a good way. You are not hurting anyone, you are not depriving anyone of opportunities, you are not exploiting anyone, when you are holding Bitcoins. There is no violation or crime or offense you are committing if you hold as much Bitcoins as you can. That is a good and legal investment. But be greedy with a mind. Do not just become a blind greedy person who wants everything without thinking.

That's right, being greed sometimes is ok specially when you really want to secure your future but in a good way. Be greed to get more bitcoin, grab more opportunities but always be in a good manner and you will surely get rewarded. Holding bitcoin is not being greed it's about being secure for a brighter future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bazdarx8

Activity: 51
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:11:32 AM

I wouldn't say holding Bitcoin is Greedy its like an investment you want to hold onto your value until it get to a point where you know you can sell to make a profit.
daadi059

Activity: 91
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:14:18 AM

No, that's not it. holding bitcoin is not greedy and greedy is not a curse. Those who think like that are conservative. Holding a bitcoin for me is a job and I like this job. Every now and then, I go to see every little bitcoin change and this is really interesting

So, I think that if you want to succeed and become rich in the future, then hold a bitcoin...
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:18:27 AM

greedy is different from wanting to improve you financial status in life, btc  is just like cash invested in banks or property, the more you invest, the more profit you will gain, holding btc to gain more is the same, it is called investments. that's the game you should play, that is its nature, why invest if you don't want to gain more profit. don't worry , holding btc is not being greedy.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
g4vinshreds

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

Trader

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:22:31 AM

Yes and no,  while it's a bit greedy in the aspect that you might be getting too greedy by wanting it to go up more than it already has,  it's also fair enough to feel like I do where you truly believe that bitcoin will continue to go up and that it's a good idea to hold it and keep using it.  Really,  you should make your own decision op,  and only invest what you're willing to lose!

cipher-x_09

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:23:16 AM

It's  not about being greedy it about making the right choice and making the decisions for your investment if you were an ordinary person then it would be greedy but if you were an investor then it would be maximize to your investment its about making profit as best as you can with all the efforts, money, and time you put through wouldn't  it be the best decision.

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:25:13 AM

no it is not you are just being smart and you just want to earn profit. well it depends on a person if he/she want to call it greedy but as for me it is not.
susuberuang

Activity: 926

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:47:40 AM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

holding bitcoin is the best way because bitcoin is very limited and its demand is very much, it makes bitcoin price higher from year to year, do not sell your bitcoin at cheap price, wait bitcoin price becomes very expensive.
East7547

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:50:08 AM

Holding Bitcoin is an investment definitely not greedy
pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:58:00 AM

I think not because holding bitcoins means you are investing big for your future use. That's actually the soul of investing. You gotta hold your coins and sell it on a higher value later.

goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:10:54 AM

Greed on holding bitcoin is a misconception where savings using cryptocurrency to have it earn more are considered greedy. Well in fact it is what your soul purpose why you invest on bitcoin. Greed is when you make foul actions just to earn bitcoin. Holding it is just a technique on how to make it more profitable.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
houssem4o

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:38:39 AM

of course not !! it s genius  Wink
tiger2monkey

Activity: 208

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:56:27 AM

There are greedy persons who hold bitcoin. But holding bitcoin is not necessary greedy. Bitcoin is like an investment - one investment with high return and high risk. Bitcoin is becoming an new class of asset. But it is not for everyone due to its high risk.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
sandaru

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:10:33 AM

I don't thin so in the case of the bitcoin as it is always growing up. As I think the longer you hold bitcoin the more profit you will claim.
Psalms23

Activity: 504
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:10:35 AM

That is absurd, holding your bitcoin is definitely not greedy. It that is the matter, then all of the people who are holding their money in banks with interest are greedy.  I'm not really sure of how others think of this, but for me, Im holding my bitcoin until I need the money. So I dont really care how much the price is, as long as I need the money, Im gonna convert my bitcoin anyway.
infuser0416

Activity: 161

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:13:59 AM

BitCoin is just Getting Started If You Know the Value of it And the Future of the Technology you can HODL as much as you want Smiley or maybe they dont need money yet to withdraw hahaha
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:16:07 AM

Is capitalism greedy? Yes, yes it is. It's what most of the western world is modelled around, and what Bitcoin is based on. The idea of greed holds a negative stigma, but greed is what drives us to progress. To claim up the ranks of society.

What sets bitcoin apart from the other cryptocurrencies out there is the fact that it's a great store of value. It's not representative of a currency, like fiat, it's not as useful as something like Ethereum. It's like gold. Partly useful, mostly used for its value.

I doubt anything will change that.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
salad daging

Activity: 1652
Merit: 796

Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 03:19:05 AM

It is true that many bitcoin holders hold bitcoins to higher prices, because I think bitcoin holders are confident with higher bitcoin prices, for greedy issues or not just a narrow investment view, as you better follow their lead. than constantly to correct things like that and you get nothing.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
arthotdog

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:24:58 AM

Thats the consequence of holding bitcoin,or any other coin when at the end,come to nothing so theres no need to think of holding bitcoin is greediness,its just a simple action of gambling your resources for own expense.what are we doing in our jewels?were hokding them for long time and sometimes untill we die they remain on hand.is that greedy?so better to hold them for long period when we are expecting best in return
francis2

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:57:05 AM

That is a risk that we are willing to take, each person needs to decide what it is better for them and if people think that is better to hold then that is fine, if someone thinks the best thing they can do is to spend their bitcoin or to sell it that is fine too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: