Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:55:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is holding bitcoin Greedy?  (Read 13241 times)
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:34:13 PM

But I do not see any problem with people wanting to hold bitcoins. In one way or another all human beings need financial security to live their lives with fewer worries than those who do not care to own assets. Economic interest does not know morality, so here it is not applicable to qualify as "good" or "bad", "greedy" or "not greedy" holding bitcoins in our wallets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bunch

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:44:06 PM

As long as you do not sacrifice taking care of your loved ones or have any other negative effects, it can’t be greed.
rayneh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

MatrixCoin - Creating Bright Future Together

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:09:51 AM

We can't say anything in regards to it. It's up to those individuals nature who are holding for what sort of purposes on the grounds that there are many sorts of individuals some of them are putting away for future and some of them are putting away from voracity. Yet, one thing is certain that insatiability individuals can't store bitcoin effortlessly. Since as they see the cost of bitcoin high straightforwardly they go for pull back there bitcoin.

██████████              █████           
████████████          ███████         
███        █████          ███████         
███        █████          ███████         
████        ██████      █████████       
██████            ██████████      █████████       
█████            ██████            ████        ██      █████████       
█████            ██████            ████        ███  ███████████     
█████            ██████            ████        ███  ███████████     
███                                      █████████████████  ███████████     
███    ███    █████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
███    █████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
█████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
██████            ███      ███████████      ██████████ 
██████            ██          █████████          ██████████
██████████          █████████          ██████████
██████████          █████████          ██████████

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

➤  TWITTER
➤  FACEBOOK
➤  INSTAGRAM
DySWv

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 08:29:26 AM

Actually, holding bitcoin is the most practical way. Yes, you are right that they are maximizing their profits but don't you want that too? Just by being patient you can make big money. That's the trend. Why don't you go with the flow? Investing in bitcoin requires a lot of time. Therefore, people that invest in bitcoin are not being greedy. They are exerting effort.

warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:36:28 AM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
We've all read that story in the school with the moral "Greed is a Curse".
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

What? No. Of course. If you are hiding bitcoin it doesn't mean that you are greedy it is somehow your strategy just to earn a big amount of money they cannot say that it is a greedy moves. Holding bitcoin is quite good per everyone knew it so that don't listen to them if that's your strategy. Go.

Agree! If you are holding bitcoin that's not mean that you are greedy because you are only hiding it, it just your strategy on earning bitcoin and making it big. Greedyness is sort of you want to make money that fast like an hour or more and you cant control your feeling or emotion on pursuing it though there will be a risk on lossing it , that is the greedyness for me
Protected101

Activity: 210
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:43:11 AM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?
For me its not they just want to make their money became profitable and they waiting patiently for their money to grow.It does'nt mean its a greedy attitude that your holding your bitcoin for a long time its just waiting for the right time to cash out his bitcoin.Holding bitcoin for  a long time is taking a risk of what ever happen in his investment and waiting for a good result.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 08:54:40 AM

Holding bitcoin is smart and greedy and stupid all at the same time. As I have been also telling my friends bitcoin has a volatile structure that is also depdendent on several bariances and you sometimes have to hold and not give in to the temptationto sell

Habakkuk77

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:02:17 AM

Being greedy of one thing has consequences.
What you sow is what you reap.
But for me holding bitcoin is not greediness,
 it just the truth you are thrifthy because you are think of ahead. The time you are in need that' s the time get what you invested. Holding bitcoin is good thing for me.

[
Delarock

Activity: 388

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:04:14 AM

I think its a smart move that will help one out in future. Think of it like a savings account. Is saving money greedy. NO!
If a person earns $1000 through his/her hardwork and invest in bitcoins so that he/she can have a better future.
Raul Rovira

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:31:44 AM

Bitcoins are currently the best you can do
AndriyPilipyak

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:42:10 AM

no, why is it greedy?)if don't spend btc am I greedy?)I think about my future and my family

bololord

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:52:11 AM

I can say yes but holding bitcoin is much goood than selling bitcoin to a low price so it's okay to be greedy for holding bitcoin i see many people became rich by holding their bitcoin like my friend who teach me about bitcoin actually he buy a car now. Smiley
Sophiea

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:06:25 AM

I think NO, because you just holding a bitcoin and you just store it in your wallet and all you want is just to earn.  Smiley
webdevmastery

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:18:51 AM

No its not, Holding bitcoins is the best way to do since the value is keep on increasing. Holding bitcoins and only withdraw in the time of need is the best way to earn more profit in the future.
siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:26:34 AM

I do not think it's greed. I think it's just a smart way to maximize profits. As long as you're not troubling yourself, I mean you can still meet your needs, you do not really focus yourself on holding bitcoin, then it's not greed. Greed is not good, we should not be greedy, but I do not think it's greedy.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
calvin1232008

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:44:00 AM

It depends on situations wherein some people that have large amounts of bitcoin (whales) will hold it for a long time just to sell when the price is at peak. When they sell their bitcoins it creates pump
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:05:36 PM

I do not think it's greed. I think it's just a smart way to maximize profits. As long as you're not troubling yourself, I mean you can still meet your needs, you do not really focus yourself on holding bitcoin, then it's not greed. Greed is not good, we should not be greedy, but I do not think it's greedy.
I agree with you that it is just the smart way to maximize the profit in bitcoin because with holding bitcoin then you can get the potential to get more profit in value of USD because when the price of bitcoin in the market goes up then you will be earning too because the value of your bitcoin appreciates and goes up so it is better to hold than selling or converting it into fiat.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:25:56 PM

I agree with you that it is just the smart way to maximize the profit in bitcoin because with holding bitcoin then you can get the potential to get more profit in value of USD because when the price of bitcoin in the market goes up then you will be earning too because the value of your bitcoin appreciates and goes up so it is better to hold than selling or converting it into fiat.
Depends on your risk profile. There are a lot of people who can't afford to risk losing any money. But if you're a student or have a steady job I would just go all in and save money by eating less and not buying any expensive toys if I had to. If you have a lot of money it makes more sense to keep some stocks than to put everything in crypto though.
kateryana81

Activity: 423

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:41:15 AM

First of all i want to say bitcoin  holding is not greedy. I have a right to hold Bitcoin and bitcoin holding is good thinking. if you want to increasing your money then you should buy bitcoin. Bitcoin has potential in the future and it is price increasing day by day. it is the best way to earn profit .
In trading each step is taken with millions of cleared thoughts, every person is trying to be rich n very short time and enjoying the blessings of nature by becoming financially stable, so it is not greedy or stingy to hold your bitcoin the person is just waiting for the worth to increase more so that he earn more and secure his future
anhhung409

Activity: 318

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:45:30 AM

I think it was not until they decided to sell the BTC and they kept it. There will be times when they sell it and almost everyone keeps very little. Even if they do not sell it, they keep it in their wallet, it will never be returned, because it belongs to them. And the purpose of investing in Bitcoin is to make a profit so that keeping them in the purse is not because they are greedy, they are making money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: