Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:24:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is holding bitcoin Greedy?  (Read 13241 times)
9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:14:08 PM

i don't see holding your crypto coin as been greedy, if it is, then buying crypto will be a greedy as well.
you buy to make profit and you make profit by hold your coin waiting for it to hit a setting amount
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:15:35 PM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
We've all read that story in the school with the moral "Greed is a Curse".
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

Of course it isn't. Why do you think holding Bitcoin is greedy? It doesn't make sense at all. Yeah that's the risk. Nobody knows the certainty of Bitcoin future. It might be the world's digital currency or it might be worthless. Bitcoin may become worthless not because there are some people whos hoarding it, no correlation at all.
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:16:29 PM

Well, for us we know that greed is good right? So why do you need to ask us if we are greedy in hodling bitcoin or asking it if it's good or bad. If it cause you good, then it is good hodling bitcoin and being greedy is good as long as you are benefitting from something you are calling greed onto.
CongHoan

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 12:20:23 PM

no one hold btc it can't grow strongly as today  Undecided
prieaji

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:21:56 PM

this is just a bit bit of bitcoin that keeps me in the spirit until whenever it is, and keep struggling to get a bitcoin bite. better get bitcoin bites than on me fall in place. despite the risk but with that risk I will develop even better.
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:24:15 PM

i dont think holding bitcoin is consider a greedy action. you hold bitcoin because you believe in bitcoin.
you believe that bitcoin will increase its value in the future, so you can gain your profit.

I guess you got it right, in cryptocurrency being greedy is a good idea since it would give you even bigger gain than selling your stocks almost as fast as you buy. But in holding bitcoin, it is always advised by the professionals to hold for a long term so that you can see that your money is really growing and greed is not an option.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
John Langut

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:24:19 PM

It's the whole point. Bitcoin is designed to make you think twice about spending it, contrary to fiat money which rewards reckless spenders, bails out broke debtors and punishes thrifty savers.     
ShineftChaos

Activity: 378

I LOVE ADABS

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:29:01 PM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

In my own opinion, it is not about being greedy. In fact those who hold bitcoin took risk and look to bitcoin as their asset for the future.
We just want to earn more profit through long term investment in bitcoin.

AndreyBitTalk

Activity: 251
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:29:13 PM

think this is not a very good strategy, it seems to me the opposite, now sell bitcoin,and buy when the price falls
rolerVX

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:42:05 PM

Greedy is wanting to get more while you have more. Greediness is no contentment at all times. Even things are not yours you want to get it no matter what happen but to have it in your hand. While holding is not greediness that is all about keeping things for the future to make things more beautiful than what is normal. Greediness and hold is far the meaning to each other, holding is not greediness and vice versa.  Being wise is not sin and not bad.
tanginamoo

Activity: 276

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:46:54 PM

For me, I think that the situation that you stated is not greediness but I think those people who hold the bitcoin to maximize their worth is just being wise. All of us has our own strategy on how to accumulate bitcoin and what can we do to gather more, I think those people are thinking about it and that method came up to them and became their strategy.

m9shn9sh

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:54:24 PM

I think it is not greedy to hold your bitcoin because first of all, it is one of the main ways to acquire bitcoins and to earn profit. And I also think that as a person buy bitcoins, he reserves the right to do whatever he wants to his bitcoin. Greed is having multiple accounts in this forum and joining multiple campaigns for the sake of gaining bitcoins. It is good to hold but you just have to make sure that you have set a target value or you might end up in loss.
Glorypaasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:00:45 PM

Greed is different from being wise and patient. It's normal for them to hold it is what they think will benefit them and what will give them a high profit. Sometimes you lose profit in trading and selling Bitcoin because maybe tomorrow Bitcoin's value go up, this can happen anytime remember that. I think you should just know when to sell you Bitcoin and when you should hold it for profit and income. They think tactically and they think beyond what is right now. They think about what will happen tomorrow.
vanslyien

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:03:51 PM

Successful personalities in their respective field does not stay for from what they are before, they are not satisfied on what they have thus they work more, build steps to reach the peak of their career. Two athletes will practice everyday to surpass their previous record, there is rivalry but along with this competition both athletes will gain benefit. Being greedy have positive side, if you are not contended on what you have you will always make way to make it better. Holding bitcoin for a long time is investing and for me it is better than trading because there are more risk in trading given the ups and down of Bitcoin price. I've explained the difference of these two in other topic. The point is, being greedy is not the whole picture, who do not want the best for herself/himself, right? It is our human nature.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:55:51 PM

Greedy is wanting to get more while you have more. Greediness is no contentment at all times. Even things are not yours you want to get it no matter what happen but to have it in your hand. While holding is not greediness that is all about keeping things for the future to make things more beautiful than what is normal. Greediness and hold is far the meaning to each other, holding is not greediness and vice versa.  Being wise is not sin and not bad.

Great answer you have there man, I couldn't agree more. Clearly, a lot gets confused by this in so many ways. People mostly see holding as something that is bad and is representing greediness. But even though you are right, the words hold and greed are pretty tricky. Because holding may become greediness so fast depending on the situation. for instance, if a person holds a coin and already had a great profit, not taking profit or capital because he wants more than what is already there can be considered greedy. Although in this case there is greed, I cannot say that it is a sin since we all have dreams and goals in life that we aim for. One just has to keep in mind that too much of anything is never good. Which is why he or she must learn how to balance greed and not let it be a hindrance. Instead, he or she must use it wisely to be have an advantage to earn more smartly.
hatun

Activity: 167

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:59:36 PM

No.Not really.One will hold bitcoin to get a profit.The price may keep rising and reducing. He has the right to hold bitcoin until he gets a certain profit he wants.It's not greedy.It's wise.
I do not think so. Bitcoin is an investment. Therefore, if you have profit, you will lock it if you are wise. But, if you have a certain return on investment plan, then you might hold for a long time although your investment is profitable.
lillyann

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:23:59 PM

This is normal. Everyone is counting on a good profit at a high BTC price. I hope that by the end of the year it will reach 30k $. I do not have much but I will also wait for the right moment Smiley.
pthnmj

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:28:49 PM

Keep holding our bitcoin doesn't make us to be greedy. We are holding because we'd like to get more profits. I think it's a normal thing we hold bitcoin as many as possible until we find a high and proper price to be sold. I don't understand,  in what way that holding bitcoin is something greedy? 
Bitompel

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:19:26 AM

It's smarter to be ravenous than being Numb
A great many people who put resources into bitcoin were not able take out their cash even in the wake of accomplishing the value target they have chosen in their brain. It is a result of the reason they got confidence in BTC development design and anticipating that it should develop more n more. You may call it covetousness or keen speculation opportunity ...whatever you need.
ruskytailz02

Activity: 289
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:20:26 AM

I think holding bitcoin is not a greedy way or part.
we all know that holding bitcoin for long time is profitable and you can earn big . it is not greediness for me it is strategy.
people now needs money for them to live and bitcoin is one of answers to that if bitcoin fires I think it is not that hard to accept
in fact if you lose money or suddenly bitcoin drops it will recover

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: