Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:25:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon and Bitcoin  (Read 2163 times)
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:15:50 PM

Do you think Amazon will accept bitcoin (in this year or next future )?

It will be a nice development if and when Amazon will finally adopt bitcoin as a means of payment on its site. With the talks, I had thought by now they must fully incorporated it fully into their site. Amazon is a leader in online store market. So, if they adopt the use of Bitcoin, they will set a standard for the other online store coming up. And also, means of payment made easy with the use of bitcoin. I did wait for it and also believe it will help in informing /educating a new area of persons.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:25:31 PM

I dont think  bitcoin billing is not necessary to have of amazon because the transactions too vague for them and the users to use them properly and to be honest bitcoin is not user friendly to use right? It is not so easy to understand sometimes. As for Amazons reputation i think they will not tarnish it with a cryptocurrency although bitcoin has a feature to compromise a transaction with no reverse whatsoever meaning no refund.
sirenmoon

Activity: 121
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:30:44 PM

Amazon has the good profit and it is one of the largest global firms. Bitcoin has also good rise and it is the most powerful decentralized coin. With two of these colliding together it would only bring benefits to both of them. Amazon will accept BTC for sure in the future. There are already whispers on the internet about that happening very soon. Amazon has fear of unknown but that unknown BTC is getting more and more popular and is getting known by all kinds of people. Merging will happen very soon!

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀              i v y              ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM   ●   FACEBOOK   ●    TWITTER    ●   YOUTUBE   ●   LINKEDIN
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:33:22 PM

Amazon has the good profit and it is one of the largest global firms. Bitcoin has also good rise and it is the most powerful decentralized coin. With two of these colliding together it would only bring benefits to both of them. Amazon will accept BTC for sure in the future. There are already whispers on the internet about that happening very soon. Amazon has fear of unknown but that unknown BTC is getting more and more popular and is getting known by all kinds of people. Merging will happen very soon!
Amazon being largest global firm and having good profit since then with bitcoin which you mentioned to be powerful decentralized coin just have no correlation, amazon tend to legal payment method with insurance behind it just to make sure that their customers will be safe, the volatility of bitcoin which making the price always changing so significantly can be a problem for amazon because they could receive less amount of money if not automatically exchanged to fiat when customers sent bitcoin.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:51:26 AM

For being a known onlinr marketplace it will be a hard decision.
The risk is there and it is not a small one.
There are many people now who are holding bitcoin and if ever they accept it, it could also lead to a big loss that might be harder to recover.
Just think about how we lose money just by holding bitcoin, whenever it goes down we are already in pain. What else for a larger scale.
I think amazon should try accepting bitcoin since the risk is greater in the buyer's side and not on merchants because the transactions in irreversible.
Amazon’s administration is well aware of this thing and this acceptance will give people acknowledgement use btc as payment and most probably maybe this decision of amazon will lead amazon to beat Alibaba business and this thing will also give rise to use this coin as currency and in future this coin will completely take over the currency field so the decision is good to prepare for the future so that to earn more profit.
Sirait

Activity: 1890

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 08:56:09 AM

I'm sure Amazon will use Bitcoin as one of the payments in the future of the company, they are always the first in an innovation,
including the recent one, they inaugurated delivery via Drone ...

micleeiu398

Activity: 219

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:37:30 AM

This hi caused the fact that Amazon registered the domain for allegedly bitcoin operations Grin Grin
You are saying the strange thing about the bitcoin that the demand of the bitcoin is getting high but almost all the people are having the bitcoin as you said the Amazon is now accepting the bitcoin and this I the best step in the case of the bitcoin because now a lot of the people will buy the bitcoin and it will increase the value and the price of the bitcoin, now a lot of the people are buying the bitcoin and this is the use of the Amazon and the other currencies.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:34:18 PM

Amazon needs to ask the question, "If I accept btc, who will shop". I think Amazon's sales are up 0.1%, maybe. I do not think most people will shop with btc, because there is no infrastructure.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Ooy5icoox

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:49:22 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2020, 04:50:21 PM by Ooy5icoox

Amazon like other sites depend on government so bitcoin need to be accepted by government first then all other sites will accept it  but bitcoin need no bank need so it is so hard to be accepted.
Amazon need some time to be in bitcoin and i can say bitcoin prices will back to rise again in the next 3 years and amazon will find that too many people want to buy more and then will support bitcoin.
it is a time only. and all over the world will accept bitcoin
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:00:43 PM

Amazon being largest global firm and having good profit since then with bitcoin which you mentioned to be powerful decentralized coin just have no correlation, amazon tend to legal payment method with insurance behind it just to make sure that their customers will be safe, the volatility of bitcoin which making the price always changing so significantly can be a problem for amazon because they could receive less amount of money if not automatically exchanged to fiat when customers sent bitcoin.
One of the best methods is to directly convert to fiat. I think that has been done by many parties at this time. so that's not an excuse and I think Amazon's company has been thinking up that level. Bitcoin is not fear, we have stigma that Bitcoin scary because it can make a loss. but when we can maintain confidence and trust then we can even make Bitcoin prices to be stable. this is not just a dream, it's all on the way to reality. this is when the big companies like Amazoin can adopt and start implementing Bitcoin. Maybe everything can start with the smallest and will end in a very big thing.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:17:35 PM

One of the best methods is to directly convert to fiat. I think that has been done by many parties at this time. so that's not an excuse and I think Amazon's company has been thinking up that level. Bitcoin is not fear, we have stigma that Bitcoin scary because it can make a loss. but when we can maintain confidence and trust then we can even make Bitcoin prices to be stable. this is not just a dream, it's all on the way to reality. this is when the big companies like Amazoin can adopt and start implementing Bitcoin. Maybe everything can start with the smallest and will end in a very big thing.
Bitcoin is gaining ground in financial landscape. It is getting major support at global level. We might not see a business model working over volatile currency at present. But the portion of people using Bitcoin for payment will be very less as for now. Thus, volatility won't affect the overall gain of the company. In future when acceptance will increase and so does the Bitcoin currency use, volatility might decrease and price might stay bullish.
nightfury

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:26:22 PM

If that is the case, then Amazon is doing a great job or decision. Not only they're making transactions more easy and convenient to the user side, they're also bringing their system to a higher level.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:28:41 PM

I think we will see mainstream adoption of cryptocurrency within e-commerce within the next 5 years. Will it be Bitcoin? Possibly not unless the the cost per transaction is reduced
The cost per transaction does matter a lot but is not being reduced by the sites such as AMAZON that has been established as the greatest of all E-commerce sites in the world integrating most of the digital currencies in a day. The main reason behind it is to control the flow of currency in the market and moreover, this is important for the sake of earning by the stake holders of the investment market.

Therefore we can only presume that the prices would get low but according to me no matter whatever the rates would be, crypto is definitely going to rule the online banking systems.
Charisse1229

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:31:39 PM

There are rumors about this, and speculation that they might accept it after they've already created sites that is related to digital currency that shows they might potentially accept bitcoin and ethereum, amazon accept this reality and they are maturing their self and this coin will giving amazon huge profit. Bitcoin has also good rise and it is the most powerful decentralized coin, so lucky the amazon for being part of it.
Agostosmori

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:12:05 AM

There are rumors about this, and speculation that they might accept it after they've already created sites that is related to digital currency that shows they might potentially accept bitcoin and ethereum, amazon accept this reality and they are maturing their self and this coin will giving amazon huge profit. Bitcoin has also good rise and it is the most powerful decentralized coin, so lucky the amazon for being part of it.

Amazon being an online business might consider bitcoin as a mode of payment for their customer's purchases but they are still studying bitcoin's potential if it will really stay until the end.

It will be hard for Amazon to get into something that is not sure since their credibility is at stake. This news of amazon to accept Bitcoin as a mode of payment was there for almost a month now.
ahkiatt

Activity: 163
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 07:26:38 AM

Do you guys think they will accept BTC/alts for e-commerce or AWS or some other service it provides first?
swordling143

Activity: 360

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:53:40 AM

I think Amazon will accept bitcoin soon. It is an advantage such as Amazon to accept something like bitcoin. They just need to analyze and study what will be their strategy in this matter. In other words, they just need time to plan out everything. Also, I believe that since they will be the first one to do this, their competitors will be alarmed.
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:14:22 AM

Amazon needs to ask the question, "If I accept btc, who will shop". I think Amazon's sales are up 0.1%, maybe. I do not think most people will shop with btc, because there is no infrastructure.
Not really, cuz Amazon shipped your package worldwide. As long as you have Bitcoin and need something that you couldn't find in your city, you can use your Bitcoin to buy through Amazon. Yet, there is an alternative like Purse.io to buy amazon stuff with Bitcoin.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:19:08 AM

possibility to accept bitcoin still opened depend on how many people will shop at amazon use bitcoin and yes your answer is true that because bitcoin users in this world still less then the people who use bitcoin for shop in this site probably will less too and maybe that's why amazon still not accept bitcoin as the payment yet but following the trend if bitcoin development will more rapidly in the future then possibly amazon will accept bitcoin
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:43:35 PM

I have never order anything from amazon  Undecided
So I don't care will it start tp receive BTC ot not  Cool
I don’t think so that this thing hardly matters like whether someone has ordered anything or not. The thing is this is the best ever news I have heard that there are certain online shopping stores like that of amazon, eBay etc. which have started accepting bitcoin as mode of their payment. I must say that this is really a good thing and it will also help bitcoin in earning better name and reputation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: