Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:20:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: is EVERY ico a scam??  (Read 21392 times)
CryptoVzla

Activity: 560
Merit: 290

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:15:49 AM

I think not all ICO is scam , because i see some ICO seriously for development of their project , when their reached their hardcap , their will running the project and following the roadmap.
I see a lot ICO success and have a good potential , but not all ICO will seriously , some ICO not scam , but their failed promote their product and failed to reach the soft cap when pre-sale , and the funds refunded to investor.
Not all ICO have a good concept for make investor come for invest on their project , because investor is smart for choose ICO and do research about the ICO before their want invest.
this just my opinion , CMIIW.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
R3ffun

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:24:15 AM

Everybody keeps on saying scam scam scam for all of these ICO's. 90% of them are crap, yes. BUT there is the 10% of them, like vector, who are absolutely not scams. They are good projects that will really help the crypto community grow and its not fair to call an ICO a scam until you have actually researched it and you are sure it is a scam.

Just my two satoshis...

Not all ICO are Scam. You are right, there are scam and there are certain ICO that was made to take advantage to everyone who is willing to invest in ICO but there are also ICO that is true and willing to give their services to everyone with in this present technology of digital currency.

yes i am agree with this because we only know the ico is scam or not when the ico is finished and they will distribute the tokens to investor and participants and they will survive after its finished. but if somehow they can not give some benefits to their investor and participants and they are run away with the investor money, then the ico is scam. there is difficult to know what ico is scam and we only know when the ico is over. so if you decide to invest your money in one ico, make sure you know how much money you want to invest and don't regret if the ico become scam because everything is possible in the internet.
yeah its true but if you waiting the finishing ico you can't take profit from it like invest in ico or join the bounty, i think this way just make you lose the chance
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:30:27 AM

See the ratings of these ongoing ICOs and you can pick from those at the top list the legitimate ones and make an investment. You can ensure a great profit from those ICOs.
telcoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 05:30:49 AM

I think not all ICO is scam , because i see some ICO seriously for development of their project , when their reached their hardcap , their will running the project and following the roadmap.
I see a lot ICO success and have a good potential , but not all ICO will seriously , some ICO not scam , but their failed promote their product and failed to reach the soft cap when pre-sale , and the funds refunded to investor.
Not all ICO have a good concept for make investor come for invest on their project , because investor is smart for choose ICO and do research about the ICO before their want invest.
this just my opinion , CMIIW.

Agreed. Its just about doing your due diligence and looking at it through the lens of how institutional investors review traditional startups. Solving a problem? Is it a solution? Niche? Godo team? Good advisors? product? sweat equity? own equity? bootstrapping? etc. Doing this will allow you to cut out 95% of the shit. From then on you just need to see what the ICO's (post crowdsale) burn rate will be and if the founders are competent.
silveran122

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:15:08 AM

Actually, what I think. Most of the ICOs are not scams, but most of them won't deliver. But, there is a huge chance of evaluation because altcoins will go up. Most of the alt market is on rock bottom IMHO
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:40:29 AM

mostly ICOs but not all,you need to know whos behind the ICOs and the development team,you can find it all in google.

skullsandbones

Activity: 222

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:46:18 AM

Not EVERY ICO is a scam, just look into the ICO before investing, and check forums for updates as regards Scam ICO's too.
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:11:21 AM

I have heard many ICO's disappear after their token sale and whatever that is but there are some ICO's that may not be scams. I have seen some ICO's that are good projects and can help the growth of the crypto community. Some ICO's try pretty hard for the development of their ICO so there may be a less chance of those ICO's being scam.
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:30:26 AM

I have heard many ICO's disappear after their token sale and whatever that is but there are some ICO's that may not be scams. I have seen some ICO's that are good projects and can help the growth of the crypto community. Some ICO's try pretty hard for the development of their ICO so there may be a less chance of those ICO's being scam.

Definitely. I'll tell you this - there are definitely more scams in ICOs than basically every other field of investment right now and it's not really regulated by anyone at this moment meaning that it is even more likely to be risky.

Do your research and homework, before you invest.

There are hidden gems out there that will get you the profit you want.

Adioliver

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:09:46 AM

No,not all ICOs are scam.Though I admit that most of them are scam this is the ugly truth which we are facing nowadays.But if all ICOs were scam then many of the altcoins wouldn't exist at all.So there are a quite few ICOs which are working hard and are sincere towards their goal.So those who are interested in investing do your own research and invest in the right ICOs.
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:18:16 AM

Everybody keeps on saying scam scam scam for all of these ICO's. 90% of them are crap, yes. BUT there is the 10% of them, like vector, who are absolutely not scams. They are good projects that will really help the crypto community grow and its not fair to call an ICO a scam until you have actually researched it and you are sure it is a scam.

Just my two satoshis...

No! Not all ICOs are scams that is not true, although there are a lot of scams especially in ICOs I dont know why maybe because ICOs can be easily made. But let just not include all the ICOs on those who we labelled as scams because there are still ICOs out there that have a decent intention to help us gain money while at the same time gain what they need. I know that there are still some ICOs, we just need to go.find and search those legit ones and go gain cryptos
cryptochr

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:51:32 AM

Just my two satoshis...

I cannot agree with anyone that says ALL ICO's are scams. Some ICO's are real and genuine! Some of which im currently looking into and some that im supporting also now, trade.io being one of them.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2367245.new#new
This ICO for me is the next best thing. trade.io is an innovative new blockchain trading platform that will disrupt the financial ecosystem and democratize the markets.
I feel this will skyrocket to the moon. It's got a great team behind the project and the roadmap is real and most importantly achievable with this team backing it!

So NO, not all ICO's are scams.

rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:54:44 AM

It's only your own risks when you make investment just everywhere. I believe we can reduce them a lot by making research about project in details.
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:04:59 PM

Just my two satoshis...

It's true that there is a lot of ICOs that turned out to be a scam. ICO is a great way to gather funds to develop a project. There are some ICOs that are not scam and is profitable. All you need to do is to study and do a research before investing.

Anchor867

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:07:45 PM

99.9 is scam Angry

That percentage I already think too much believe that about 70% at most the other 30% are serious companies!

I agree! 99.9% a scam? Seriously?? No way.

I agree as well not all of them are 99.9% you should done your own research prove it and give me your own proof that 99.9% of them are scam and if you present proof I will believe that 99.9% are scam
sehoon

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:13:51 PM

Not all. You can do a research about ICOs and ask for experts about that particular ICO that you want to invest on. Some ICOs are undoubted will grow in the future.

bubble pop

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:17:26 PM

Just my two satoshis...

I would like to say yes they are but that would be so harsh fpr them because I think there are still ICOs out there that are not a scam. Me personally I have been scammed and after that I never invested in ICOs and I rhink that it is my fault why I get scam because I didn't check that project well and I was driven through their sales talk. So if ever that you will invest on some ICOs I highly recommend that you should read those whitepapers and make sure that those projects always updates the participants on the happenings because if they not there are a higher chance that it is going to scam you.
LydiaBob

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:15:54 PM

Not every ICO is a scam. There are some solid projects that if you do your own research you can win a lot. You just need to read a lot and search a lot: white paper, team, project, utility of the coin.
sakokinak

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:21:32 PM

Unfortunately many ICO are scam projects that get their money and disappear. I do believe, soon the special service that will check all the registered ICO will appear. This service must control everything — even each person who is a project team member.

But still you can find gems!!!!!!!!!!! If you will be lucky you can become rich!
Abdelirius@Tokeny

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:49:11 PM

While it is true that there's an insane number of scam in the Crypto world, and ICOs are definitely a large honeypot for scammers.
But other than the need to do your own due diligence and really vet every ICO you plan to contribute to, there are institutions and projects that are currently trying to make the world better for everyone by creating a safe (or at least safer) ICO environment.

The situation is kind of chaotic right now but it won't be for long Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: