Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:07:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: is EVERY ico a scam??  (Read 21404 times)
AyaYotoko

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:51:01 PM

not EVERY ico is a scam. But plenty of them are.
i-synthestech

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:54:01 PM

there are so many scam projects now
I still see some really worthy investing in Roll Eyes
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:00:08 PM

Not all are scams but there are some. Just be wise in choosing ICOs to join and if you are lucky enough to be a part of legitimate ICOs then good for you. You can research their project and scrutinize the details to see if there are touches of scams. Usually, you will notice it by checking their white paper. It's all about the instincts to. If they are legit, just make sure to follow their rules and finish the tasks they assign you.

Bitcoinnumberone

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:13:27 PM

Everybody keeps on saying scam scam scam for all of these ICO's. 90% of them are crap, yes. BUT there is the 10% of them, like vector, who are absolutely not scams. They are good projects that will really help the crypto community grow and its not fair to call an ICO a scam until you have actually researched it and you are sure it is a scam.

Just my two satoshis...
I agree most of the ICO are scams but not all.Many existing ico are scam.  i think only a small percentage represents the legitimate ones so be careful when participating. You can recognize and spot which ICO is a scam,  you can see some indicators that it is a scam,always consider looking for its popularity, if someone has knew about it launching.Make sure their goals are realistic,always  look for the  member of the founding team and their whitepaper, if there is none then these are signs that the ico is a scam. make an effort yourself to research because it's for your own sake.
FDC1412

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:18:22 PM

Many of today's ICO are scams because others find it easy to create another project to race with the other existing programs and so one and so fourth thus making it worthless and profitless. on the other hand though, you can request for a list of legit and trustworthy ICOs in this forum.

Majharul Saiif

Activity: 512

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:21:22 PM

Not every ico a scam.But there are plenty of ico a scam.We can see some indicators which is really scam.So I'm not agree with this. I just want to tell that most of the ico a scam

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Dahman El_Harrachi

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:52:12 PM

of course there is a scam ICOs but not all of them, i think you are thinking like that coz of the price of a token or coin after hitting exchanges but this is wrong never judge a project that haven't started yet, the price drop because there is a lot of flippers nowadays they just jump in every ICO wanna make quick flip, if you are real investor you will never look at price after 1 week or a month, because most projects need time to start delivery.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:54:39 PM

Of course not, there are legit ICO's and successful projects.
You can't really say all ico's are scams just because there are lots of scams, it's the same thing as cloud mining, even there are lots of scam cloud mining you can find legit cloud mining platform.
carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:56:41 PM

Everybody keeps on saying scam scam scam for all of these ICO's. 90% of them are crap, yes. BUT there is the 10% of them, like vector, who are absolutely not scams. They are good projects that will really help the crypto community grow and its not fair to call an ICO a scam until you have actually researched it and you are sure it is a scam.

Just my two satoshis...

according to me not up to 90% ico project is a scam project, the truth is most of ico project now, being a failed project due to unsuccessful fund raising, so not the same as a scam.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:59:35 PM

Not every ico a scam.But there are plenty of ico a scam.We can see some indicators which is really scam.So I'm not agree with this. I just want to tell that most of the ico a scam
that's right not everything was but there's really some scam dev which taking advantage of those people who loves to take some risk, its just like gamble if the project succeed then they earn a lot but if not they will consider it as a loss and will find other investment and try their luck.
Sphere_Official

Activity: 101

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 04:05:03 PM

I can't speak for everyone obviously, but a lot of us are working hard to get these currencies off the ground and hoping for them to get big.  Not every one is a scam. 

syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:37:30 PM

Probably because fraud is common on a project developed in collaboration with the ICO so you say that most of the ICO is a scam and I really understand what you are saying right now. It is true there are some projects developed through ICO which in the end is a scam and in the end will be very detrimental to the investors who have invested capital in the development of the project being run.but I think not all ICO which in the end is a scam of course still exist ICO is really successful in developing the project that is being developed the most important is we can be more selective in choosing a project for us to invest in it so that we do not get losses over what we have invested in projects that the way of development work with the ICO premises . of course I think you should look for a more accurate information about ICO developing a project so you will not get any loss when you invest in pr development

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Sindren

Activity: 535
Merit: 250

Love me tender

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:39:58 PM

Do you think that things are better in real life? You are deeply mistaken. Many startups are merged already at the very beginning. It was a metaphor.
tstang

Activity: 178

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:49:43 PM

It's true there is a lot of scam projects and it's hard to find a good one. But I truly believe there is a big future of ICO's, so we now just need more patience to do our researches.
A.Chanaka Bandara

Activity: 140

Feeling Relax in Underpressure

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 08:48:27 AM

Almost all the ICO is real.not scam. but some ICO may be scam. So before investing we have to study about ICO.

moala

Activity: 96

Moirai ICO starts on 10/11/2017

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:35:28 AM

Some say Vector is also a scam

cryptochr

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:24:51 AM

No not all ICO's are scams, and it is wrong to believe so. Most are but not all! A small portion of people are actually trying to make a difference in this society by helping positively!  All the rest who try and scam people, think about how to make some quick money and disrupt the entire community by doing so. That is why everyone else who is interested in investing in some ICO, must do good research and be 100% sure they arent victims.
jacquelinecr

Activity: 294
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:29:57 AM

Some ICO's are designed to take your money and simply run off with it. Other ICO's are actually real, i've seen this in some ICO's that i've studied on their websites and through their whitepaper. I've also seen Members and Advisors in ICO's who have a very good profile rating. These are the ICO's that we have to invest in!
jason_g

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 10:36:42 AM

I think many people lump scams in with ICOs that intend to have a viable business, but have a small chance of success.  Yes, there are many scam ICOs, but there are also many that just have very little chance of success because of a weak team, competition/market factors, or a bad business model in general.  As many others have said, most startups do fail, and you should not expect anything different from ICOs.  

Check that the people behind the project have a good reputation and experience, the resources (financial, connections, etc.) behind them, and understand the business model and market well before making an investment.  Follow these things regularly to stay up to date, just as you should any other kind of investment.
John_Mct

Activity: 164

Scorum Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 10:41:49 AM

I can't speak for everyone obviously, but a lot of us are working hard to get these currencies off the ground and hoping for them to get big.  Not every one is a scam. 

+1. It's a strange thing to work for a real company trying to make a useful product in this market full of pump-and-dump BS. Fun, challenging, mentally stimulating, and sky-high potential: it's certainly not boring!

Redefining Sports Media on the Graphene Framework
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: