Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:35:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57]
  Print  
Author Topic: [NR 1] Triplemining.com <> BIG jackpot every week <>  (Read 113365 times)
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:42:24 PM

Triplemining pays. I saw your posts with your examples crazyearner. It does suck that you didn't get paid, but unfortunately the shares you had submitted where for a period that was greater than 24 hours to finding the block. The way Triplemining works is that the only shares paid are for a period up to 24 hours before finding the block. Any work performed for a period greater than 24 hours before the block is found, even if just 24 hours, 0 minutes and 1 second before the block will not be paid. It's a big risk; if a block is found in a short period of time because of the low hash rate of the pool, the payout can be substantial. However, in a long round like the current one (430 hours and no block) then it is wasteful. The only saving grace in such a situation would be winning the jackpot.

Personally, I don't do my main mining in this pool because of the risk of wasted work, but I do point some slight hashing power its way just in case I get to luck out.

Yeah  I was tempted to come back, But after seeing what you said their no block in 24 hours you don't get paid is kinda harsh. Needs more hashing and a lot more to produce blocks in 24 hours now. Thanks for the info cleared some of me questions up and I do not think going to continue here any more unless theirs a massive overhaul of terms of mining blocks and rewards structure. If round over 24 hours and a block is found as you say and if it was on the 25th hour etc then the pool gets that well admins etc and that's totally unfair. Right now to make a block in under 24 hours is needing around 700 to 800TH to generate a block so this is going to be imposable and Triple mining need to re work their pay structure.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 10:17:44 AM

Triplemining pays. I saw your posts with your examples crazyearner. It does suck that you didn't get paid, but unfortunately the shares you had submitted where for a period that was greater than 24 hours to finding the block. The way Triplemining works is that the only shares paid are for a period up to 24 hours before finding the block. Any work performed for a period greater than 24 hours before the block is found, even if just 24 hours, 0 minutes and 1 second before the block will not be paid. It's a big risk; if a block is found in a short period of time because of the low hash rate of the pool, the payout can be substantial. However, in a long round like the current one (430 hours and no block) then it is wasteful. The only saving grace in such a situation would be winning the jackpot.

Personally, I don't do my main mining in this pool because of the risk of wasted work, but I do point some slight hashing power its way just in case I get to luck out.

Yeah  I was tempted to come back, But after seeing what you said their no block in 24 hours you don't get paid is kinda harsh. Needs more hashing and a lot more to produce blocks in 24 hours now. Thanks for the info cleared some of me questions up and I do not think going to continue here any more unless theirs a massive overhaul of terms of mining blocks and rewards structure. If round over 24 hours and a block is found as you say and if it was on the 25th hour etc then the pool gets that well admins etc and that's totally unfair. Right now to make a block in under 24 hours is needing around 700 to 800TH to generate a block so this is going to be imposable and Triple mining need to re work their pay structure.

I do not think the paty structure is the problem they need more people is the problem more hash. if they had 2 Phash of pwer the big miners in the bunch weould be making bank on this pool their pay structure is not the problem it is great what needs to change is the faith of thier users. And I am no different I am pulling my machines away now to, the hashrate is just to low for rewards. I was happy about the rewards I saw estimated but there is no way I will ever get them because we eill not solve this block in the 24 hour window needed to make that back.

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 03:18:08 PM

I can ping the host "stratum.triplemining.com", but it's status in my S5 is "Dead" no matter whether I try to mine there with my old worker or with worker that has just been created... What's wrong?..

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
Nolimitz84

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 07:07:13 AM

Use an _ between your username and worker instead of a period

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
PROJECT'S ACCELERATOR
&
INVESTMENT PLATFORM

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
LOM

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:06:55 AM

341857 ?
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 10:24:59 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2015, 10:29:24 AM by TheRealSteve

Triplemining is closing today.  More info @ https://www.triplemining.com

Also from that thread:
That's a shame. Sad We're almost down to just newbie pools now.
It is a shame - I had looked at triplemining for my contest as the combined regular pool + lottery would have been a great match-up.  It didn't make the cut for other reasons, but the idea is still a very good one.

OP, will you be selling the pool (software) off to any interested parties?  This has happened before with a few other pools that were popular but the operator did not want to deal with the overhead anymore.  Might be an option.
If not, I hope some of the better features of triplemining will find their way into other pools at some point.

man114

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:04:53 PM

I ran older slower miners on Triplemining from time to time if one of my pools was having bad luck, or I would flip miners I had problems with over to see if it was the miner or the pool I was on to verify their hash rates. I never had an issue with them.

I think part of their problem was, and I'll admit I did it too, was you'd use the Gambler's Fallacy logic. You'd see the hours creeping up to where they'd hit blocks in the past and you'd jump ship for there. Other people would do the same. Hash rate would climb and low and behold they'd hit a block. The last round they were running you saw the hash rate creep up every single day the hour meter went higher. The last round went so long I even had a person on my mini pool I hadn't seen in forever.

The problem with using that logic is people would jump ship after they hit a block in recent times as well, only to return later when it had been long since one was found. Unfortunately I didn't get to see how many jumped after they hit the first yesterday since I was at work, I hope they put the stats up, if not I'll have a reasonable idea with the final payout though. The second block just shortly after just proves that timing it seemed like a good idea but really wasn't (and I'm sure they planned on pulling the plug after the first and didn't expect to get two in short succession, the 3 hour or so round for the second block was the shortest I'd seen in as long as I can recall) had the people just continued mining there all along more blocks would have been found.

Unlike a large pool where the hash rate is so high it would seem predictable, the small size made you think you could chance it.

Other than that though their software worked pretty well. I think if they or one of the mini pool operators marketed the lottery and got people who weren't mining to dig out old usb block erupters, or tried to attract hobbyists running smaller hash rate miners, they could have gotten the hash rate into territory to keep it viable.

I too would like to see some of their features elsewhere, or someone buy the software if they sell it.
kinlo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

Pool operator of Triplemining.com

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 05:15:17 PM

I too would like to see some of their features elsewhere, or someone buy the software if they sell it.

I don't know if selling anything would be a good thing.  In the end, the software isn't documented, and basically needs a programmer to make it work - it's not packaged in any way.  I've combined python, go, php, java and C++ to make the pool work, so you'd need one fluently in all those languages too.  So it's not just an easy program to run...
DrHaribo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 07:03:00 PM

Any plans for doing other things in the bitcoin scene?

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
kinlo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

Pool operator of Triplemining.com

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 08:16:35 PM

Any plans for doing other things in the bitcoin scene?

I have no idea, we'll see what the future brings.  I'm currently working on a few projects, but they are not bitcoin related.  I will stay busy, but I've seen how bitcoin works - my main motivator is usually to get myself thoroughly familiar with a new technology.   But if something interesting shows up, I might do it.

I will remain active on irc tough Smiley
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 11:28:48 PM

I hope you'll keep http://blockorigin.pfoe.be/ going, that and mempool.info are the only real time stats sites that I use.

I can email you some known coinbase signatures to help reduce your unknowns, if you need them.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
DrHaribo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 04:11:31 PM

I hope you'll keep http://blockorigin.pfoe.be/ going, that and mempool.info are the only real time stats sites that I use.

I can email you some known coinbase signatures to help reduce your unknowns, if you need them.

That would be awesome. I started using and recommending blockorigin.pfoe.be to people because it was much more accurate than blockchain.info.  But I haven't been using it for some time because most blocks are not recognized now.

If you want to expand it and add pages with block and transaction info then I'll switch over the block and tx links at Bitminter to you. I had to switch them to blockexplorer.com because blockchain.info was so inaccurate.

I'm currently working on a few projects

I have some discount codes (that expire in a week) for gandi.net if you need domain names Wink

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:31:28 AM

Good luck with your future endeavors kinlo.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57]
  Print  

Jump to: