Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:51:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Recieved 50GH BFL Single Today!  (Read 51054 times)
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:11:52 AM

I have the absolute first order from BFL for any ASIC products. It is for one Jalapeno. I'll send it off to the winner as soon as I receive it.

BFL is promising 4.5gh/s at only 4.5 watts!

I just need to get some money together for college so I thought I'd give this a try.

Bidding starts at BTC1! Minimum increment of BTC0.1 please. Auction ends May 1st or when BFL ships. I reserve the right to cancel the auction at any point before payment is sent to me.

Additionally
, BFL is offering the chance to upgrade this order to an SC Single, which would make this the first SC Single to be shipped. If you're interested in bidding on this, then make it clear in your bid that you are bidding for the SC Single by bidding with the format: "SC Single: BTC200". Minimum increment for bidding on SC Single is BTC1. If you're bidding for the Jalapeno, please signify that by following the format: "Jalapeno: BTC10".

If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer.

--Garrett

Jalapeno: BTC3

Wow.  Just Wow.  Bid shilling?  Might have been worth it just to take hit for the BFL forced refund....

Less than five days left!

Current top bids:
2@62 - Werner

Ok, pattern of conduct proven.  Scammer tag.

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:15:31 AM

Hey all, regarding the Werner account:
It is appalling that someone would accuse me of doing something as low as bidding up my own auctions. You make me sick.

--Garr

Then what exactly happened here? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=159808.msg1689855#msg1689855

That's a gotcha indeed.

However it doesn't make Inaba's behavior any more respectable either.
kibblesnbits

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:16:27 AM

Winners:

1@65 - Vezunchik
1@63 - starsoccer9

You'll both be getting a PM shortly. Congrats!

--Garrett

I'd be a bit salty if I won a shilled auction....

ASICMINERTUBE

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:18:02 AM

I have the absolute first order from BFL for any ASIC products. It is for one Jalapeno. I'll send it off to the winner as soon as I receive it.

I just need to get some money together for college so I thought I'd give this a try.

Bidding starts at BTC1! Minimum increment of BTC0.1 please. Auction ends May 1st or when BFL ships. I reserve the right to cancel the auction at any point before payment is sent to me.

Additionally
, BFL is offering the chance to upgrade this order to an SC Single, which would make this the first SC Single to be shipped. If you're interested in bidding on this, then make it clear in your bid that you are bidding for the SC Single by bidding with the format: "SC Single: BTC200". Minimum increment for bidding on SC Single is BTC1. If you're bidding for the Jalapeno, please signify that by following the format: "Jalapeno: BTC10".

--Garrett

Wow.  Just Wow.  Bid shilling?  Might have been worth it just to take hit for the BFL forced refund....

Current top bids:
2@62 - Werner

Sockpuppets and astroturfing are standard practice in forums and auctions. I am surprised people are surprised.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
philips

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:18:26 AM

From the thread you linked (another funny one): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=214965.msg2402338#msg2402338
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 12:22:23 AM

Someone should probably inform the suckers that got bid up by the sock puppet that they got robbed.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
kibblesnbits

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:22:49 AM

Additionally

--Garrett

Current top bids:
2@62 - Werner

Sockpuppets and astroturfing are standard practice in forums and auctions. I am surprised people are surprised.

Little different.  The socky was used to intentionally scam active bidders, not to troll or "astroturf". 

ASICMINERTUBE

kibblesnbits

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:26:27 AM

What qualifies to post in the Scam Accusation thread?  Do you actually have to be scammed or just post the obvious?

ASICMINERTUBE

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:28:10 AM

Little different.  The socky was used to intentionally scam active bidders, not to troll or "astroturf".  

You are kidding yourself if you think auctions that contain fake bids are not common. Especially on these forums and bitcoin in general.

Edit: I am not condoning it, this sort of behavior is execrable.  I am just saying it happens a lot.

kibblesnbits

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:28:52 AM

1@ 52

1@52
1@53

Werner, sorry for blaming you Cheesy ... BUT

...there are 2 items, for one is already bidden BTC52. So you only bid BTC53 on the other item. Your first bet is just decoration, because you can't kick Nightowlace out without bidding higher for the first item as well.

Hope it helps you not to loose the auction, if you wan't win both.

Now it makes sense... Man, there's a lot of these.   Sorry, Garr.  Game over.

ASICMINERTUBE

pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:30:03 AM

That doesn't make it okay.  Sheesh the logic displayed by some of you is astounding.   Roll Eyes
kibblesnbits

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:30:13 AM

Little different.  The socky was used to intentionally scam active bidders, not to troll or "astroturf".  

You are kidding yourself if you think auctions that contain fake bids are not common. Especially on these forums and bitcoin in general.

Common, yes.  To go without punishment, no. 
To be honest, if it doesn't, I'm never bidding on another thing in this forum. 

ASICMINERTUBE

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:31:28 AM

That doesn't make it okay.

Edit: I am not condoning it, this sort of behavior is execrable.  I am just saying it happens a lot.

Grr, you guys didn't pick up my edit.

kakobrekla

Activity: 714

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Someone should probably inform the suckers that got bid up by the sock puppet that they got robbed.

I can do that, can you get me email list of your customers?

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:33:58 AM

I can't believe what's happening here...

I did not bid up those auctions. I am not arguing the accusation that the werner account is under my control because I want to keep my BFL orders! Otherwise, believe me: I would be!

I have always been known to be one of the most transparent and trustworthy people around here. I'm sure a few btc might seem significant to some of you, but please be assured that I'm not going to SCAM people out of a few coins, because I value my reputation much more than that!

I'm genuinely disgusted with the outcome of this. Again: I'm going to hold to that apology because it is my fiduciary duty to do so, no matter what it does to my reputation.

Apologies for the mass confusion.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
kibblesnbits

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:39:56 AM

I did not bid up those auctions. I am not arguing the accusation that the werner account is under my control because I want to keep my BFL orders! Otherwise, believe me: I would be!

I have always been known to be one of the most transparent and trustworthy people around here. I'm sure a few btc might seem significant to some of you, but please be assured that I'm not going to SCAM people out of a few coins, because I value my reputation much more than that!

I'm genuinely disgusted with the outcome of this. Again: I'm going to hold to that apology because it is my fiduciary duty to do so, no matter what it does to my reputation.

It's proven.  You were caught.  The Werner account, in your words, is yours.   Your statement "I did not bid up those auctions" would implicate that someone else posting higher bids on your auctions... which would only make you more coin in the end. 

ASICMINERTUBE

ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:40:19 AM

I have always been known to be one of the most transparent and trustworthy people around here. Sure a few btc might seem significant to some of you, but please be assured that I'm not going to SCAM people out of a few coins, because I value my reputation much more than that!

Then why did you apologize publicly for it? :

In order for me to keep my pre-orders Josh is making me do the following:

• Apologize Publicly for calling Josh and BFL liars
  • Admit "Werner" is a sock puppet account uner my control
  • Apologize for using "Werner" to troll him

Therefore, in the best interest of Cognitive, the people who have purchased pre-orders from me, and myself:

Dear Inaba and BFL:

Sorry for calling you liars. Werner is a sock puppet account under my control. Sorry for utilizing said account to "troll" you.

With regret,
                                                     Garr255

Also, I apologize to all who I may have put at risk by speculating that BFL may have been acting in a dishonest fashion. If I had known that the cancellation of orders placed by me would result of this I would not have acted in such a way, as that would be a direct violation of the fiduciary duty imposed on me by handling others' assets.

There are two options here.

A.  You are Werner, which you have admitted to, the screenshot shows, and Werner's post history now starts to raise further questions and link the two accounts.

or B.  You are not Werner, and lied in your apology.

Which is it?  Are you really acting for your shareholders right now? Do you think they are comfortable with you then coming back here and saying this:

I am not arguing the accusation that the werner account is under my control because I want to keep my BFL orders! Otherwise, believe me: I would be!

Because that would very much confirm B, and confirm you lied, and that could potentially put your order status back into jeopardy.
philips

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:40:59 AM

Maybe he has a split personality, each with a separate account.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:55:14 AM

It seems Garr's hands are tied behind his back, cut him some slack.

He cannot refute the claims for fear of his orders being cancelled. Cancelled orders would not only hurt him, but his mining company (and investors), and people that have purchased some of his orders.

Stop being silly insisting he explain himself... maybe after his orders are delivered, we can revisit this issue.

But until then, it is heartless to insist he explain himself with the possibility of his order being cancelled if he does.
MooC Tals

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:56:45 AM

On a related note, someone posted this old nugget on Reddit about Ocean Marketing / Paul Christoforo that is somewhat apropos.

It's a worthwhile read.

http://venturebeat.com/2011/12/27/ocean-marketing-how-to-self-destruct-your-company-with-just-a-few-measly-emails/

Yup BFL is going down BRO!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: