Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:01:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Recieved 50GH BFL Single Today!  (Read 51058 times)
davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:34:22 AM

Glad I stayed up to watch this.  Hopefully this doesn't hurt Cognitive shareholders.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:54:13 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2013, 09:08:48 AM by Garr255

In order for me to keep my pre-orders Josh is making me do the following:

• Apologize Publicly for calling Josh and BFL liars
  • Admit "Werner" is a sock puppet account uner my control
  • Apologize for using "Werner" to troll him

Therefore, in the best interest of Cognitive, the people who have purchased pre-orders from me, and myself:

Dear Inaba and BFL:

Sorry for calling you liars. Werner is a sock puppet account under my control. Sorry for utilizing said account to "troll" you.

With regret,
                                                     Garr255

Also, I apologize to all who I may have put at risk by speculating that BFL may have been acting in a dishonest fashion. If I had known that the cancellation of orders placed by me would result of this I would not have acted in such a way, as that would be a direct violation of the fiduciary duty imposed on me by handling others' assets.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:57:28 AM

Garr255 obediently and humbly bow down to the One who is greater Wink
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:57:35 AM

Respect to Garr

southern puts down his popcorn

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:02:24 AM

Wow, I hope he knows that just makes him look like an even bigger piece of shit making you apologize. He didn't ask you for any gay sexual favors did he? I can see him wanting that repressed kind of stuff.

mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:05:23 AM

Therefore, in the best interest of Cognitive, the people who have purchased pre-orders from me, and myself:

Dear Inaba and BFL:

Sorry for calling you liars. Werner is a sock puppet account under my control. Sorry for utilizing said account to "troll" you.

With regret,
                                                     Garr255

Also, I apologize to all who I may have put risk by speculating that BFL may have been acting in a dishonest fashion. If I had known that the cancellation of orders placed by me would result of this I would not have acted in such a way, as that would be a direct violation of the fiduciary duty imposed on me by handing others' assets.

wow just wow, most people will ask where is you pride, but you just proved that you control your ego, most people will say you are a coward but I think it takes allot of courage to do this.

Josh and BFL employees, regarding these angry people who post all kind of things you do not like, don't you think that this is justified by looking to the fact that your plans went so wrong, your customers had trusted you by putting pre-orders and each time something went wrong you came here and humiliated every one said anything about it ?  
borgfish

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:06:39 AM

just wow,

i am completely out of mining and have no orders anyhwere, but when i see things like this, i want to ask josh:

don't you think someone will flip out eventually by being threathened of financial losses and emotional stress in this lvl of degree ?

i heard in US they got the guns lying arround anywhere ?

for me as a bystander, its more than funny anyways, you might as well continue..
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 09:12:58 AM

Dear Inaba and BFL:

With regret,
                                                     Garr255

Also, I apologize to all who I may have put risk by speculating that BFL may have been acting in a dishonest fashion. If I had known that the cancellation of orders placed by me would result of this I would not have acted in such a way, as that would be a direct violation of the fiduciary duty imposed on me by handing others' assets.

wow just wow, most people will ask where is you pride, but you just proved that you control your ego, most people will say you are a coward but I think it takes allot of courage to do this.

Josh and BFL employees, regarding these angry people who post all kind of things you do not like, don't you think that this is justified by looking to the fact that your plans went so wrong, your customers had trusted you by putting pre-orders and each time something went wrong you came here and humiliated every one said anything about it ?  

So let me get this straight:

You think it's ok to make baseless accusations.
You think it's ok to use a sock puppet account to troll people.
You think it's ok to lie about said socket puppet account and explicitly post a contradictory post when caught in said lie.

Does that about cover it?  If BFL "humiliated everyone said anything about it" this forum would be filled with nothing but BFL posts.  If you want to complain, fine, by all means, have at it... there are many, many posts and threads doing just that.  I tried to help Garr out and got nothing but crap in return, finally culminating in him using a socket puppet account to further troll the situation.  Then, this lovely and incredibly disingenuous apology follows.  Yes, sure.. whatever you say.

The bottom line is, if you want to get unreasonable, we simply don't want to deal with you.  We have our hands full dealing with adult customers who are reasonable, we have no need for unreasonable, irrational customers throwing tantrums and screaming "Me first GIMME GIMME!"

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:17:12 AM

Why not - you think all of that is ok and you think selling a product and not delivering for a year is ok. You are the worst type of stinky crap on the earth.

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:21:22 AM

Dear Inaba and BFL:

With regret,
                                                     Garr255

You think it's ok to lie about said socket puppet account and explicitly post a contradictory post when caught in said lie.

Does that about cover it?  If BFL "humiliated everyone said anything about it" this forum would be filled with nothing but BFL posts.  If you want to complain, fine, by all means, have at it... there are many, many posts and threads doing just that.  I tried to help Garr out and got nothing but crap in return, finally culminating in him using a socket puppet account to further troll the situation.  Then, this lovely and incredibly disingenuous apology follows.  Yes, sure.. whatever you say.

The bottom line is, if you want to get unreasonable, we simply don't want to deal with you.  We have our hands full dealing with adult customers who are reasonable, we have no need for unreasonable, irrational customers throwing tantrums and screaming "Me first GIMME GIMME!"

I'm sorry you feel that way about me Josh. I assure you that all others who have interacted me would call me an outstandingly professional and integratable person.

And just for reference, Josh did agree that if I made the above apology we would have a clean slate and move on as if nothing had happened. I expect him to follow through with the terms he specified.

I encourage readers to see the entire thread, and make a decision who is in the right based on your own interpretation.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
iANDROID

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Swiss Money all around me!

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:42:55 AM

WAIT WAT?

eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:53:07 AM

WAIT WAT?

poor guy he have to submit to the all powerful inaba to keep his order.
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:58:34 AM

WAIT WAT?

I read it too, If an apology is "forced" for the greater good, Is it really an apology?

There was a time when there was no announcement from anyone at BFL for a while, And there was a small cloud of doubt hovering over my head, But as I was all ways told "if you cant say anything good, Don't say anything at all" along with "proof in the pudding" So I just sat back and watched everyone pull their orders, You know what, I was good with that, It pushed mine closer to the front.
Eri

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:01:34 AM

Ican understand josh and them getting annoyed with people complaining. I could understand being a dick and trolling by pretending to cancel the order. but i really think that went a bit far. If people think they are being screwed of course they are going to lash out. (this whole situation has gone on for longer then im sure anyone would have liked, BFL included)

That aside!

(key bits of info..)

Nemesis : "The reason why there are orders b4 you was the last FPGA orders were allowed to convert to ASICs. They've automatically become the first ones in line."

Inaba: "Nemesis is correct. There are a number of orders that are before the first Bitpay order, dating back well before #1600."

Garr: "My FPGA Upgrade orders got added to the queue like any other new order"

at which point things got out of hand..

So im curious. I cant see BFL's database so im sorta guessing...

i guess ill go with...

'Garrs FPGA orders are not first, and so havnt been shipped yet.'
with either one of the following.
-1:The order number for FPGA's doesnt matter, they are still being shipped before the 1600's even if they havnt all shipped yet.
-2:Garr waited too long and missing the 'front of the line' train? so that fpga order is indeed to be shipped later.

Does anyone want to clarify? (trying to be as much on the sidelines as possible)
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:31:17 AM

Yeah, totally with you here BFL_Josh BFL-Jody Inaba.

That' s totally not a cool thing to do.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:33:45 AM

What a fruitcake. Why do we keep making psychopaths and sociopaths important and giving them power in this community?

Schrankwand

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:39:28 AM

No. But I would argue that if you actually asked him to do this, this goes in the realm of extortion and might be punishable by federal law in your country.

What I am also saying is, that as a company, this is somethign you should simply ignore. I mean, Josh, you are a knowledgable guy. That means you also know of the Streisand effect, I guess.

Almost every company in the world that is incredibly successful deals with these problems either in quiet, in court, or through a marketing funnel of willfull displayed ignorance, just to triumph as the good guys by "solving the problem."

I have seen many executives sacked for far less than you are pulling on the forums. I have seen people getting thrown to jail for extortion for less.

To give you, as a non US citizen, the federal offense you have committed, I would suggest this:

United States  Code, Chapter 41 - Paragraph § 875 - Interstate Communication

a) Whoever transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any communication containing any demand or request for a ransom or reward for the release of any kidnapped person, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

(b) Whoever, with intent to extort from any person, firm, association, or corporation, any money or other thing of value, transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any communication containing any threat to kidnap any person or any threat to injure the person of another, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

(c) Whoever transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any communication containing any threat to kidnap any person or any threat to injure the person of another, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

(d) Whoever, with intent to extort from any person, firm, association, or corporation, any money or other thing of value, transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any communication containing any threat to injure the property or reputation of the addressee or of another or the reputation of a deceased person or any threat to accuse the addressee or any other person of a crime, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

You chose the least problematic version. Openly. So maximum of two years. Now, if you fuck with each other, it would be libel against extortion. Im not sure I wouldn't take that if I was in his shoes...

Ican understand josh and them getting annoyed with people complaining. I could understand being a dick and trolling by pretending to cancel the order. but i really think that went a bit far. If people think they are being screwed of course they are going to lash out. (this whole situation has gone on for longer then im sure anyone would have liked, BFL included)

Threatening to do this, considering the money circumstances while they have already paid up, is a breach of contract. you can always choose to refuse to have business with someone. Threatening to cancel someone's order if he does not apologize is breaching a sales contract already made (Almost one year of waiting is absolutely enough to see it as valid and remove the argument in court they felt they did not want to any business anymore with the person, that would fall flat) could, under these circumstances, be seen as violating the United States Code.

That is one of the reasons people tend not to do shit like this openly. Inaba, of course companies pull these things all the time. Of course companies hate their customers sometimes, when they are in a pinch and barraged with complaints, a lot of them unpolite. Of course companies' are often almost helpless when Facebook Groups, G+ Groups, Twitter Accounts, Forum accounts and so on start barraging them with complaints and libel. But you know what? Going on the attack openly is the least professional, while possibly fun, approach you can take, because this nice open communication is at that moment evident of court cases. Threatening to move people's order line on your own forums (Jody did that), making someone write a written apology for not having his and his friends order canceled?

I am sorry to say this Josh, but I really hope you do good with your customers through the product now. Because in the US of A, there is only thing more insane than gun laws: The federal court system with trigger happy prosecutors. And I don't know why you did it, but you just put a target mark on yourself. Openly, on a public forum...
howzbit

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:45:56 AM

Holy shit!

The 50Gh BFL Single is up to $20K now on eBay!  Shocked

greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:49:04 AM

What a fruitcake. Why do we keep making psychopaths and sociopaths important and giving them power in this community?

But I dont' have all that much power?  Huh

[/troll-persona]

Truthspeak: That's not confined to BTCtalk or Bitcoiners. The thing is power finds sociopaths because sociopaths are the ones looking for that power the hardest in the mistaken assumption it will somehow heal the glaring holes in their personality/emotionality. <- Is that a word? If not it should be.
one4many

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:56:30 AM

Dear Inaba and BFL:

With regret,
                                                     Garr255

With the risk of attracting haters and idiots.

Josh I would have done the exact some thing .....
Garr ... I don't know you, but from what I have read here (I read the whole thread, and some of your posts in the past on the same BFL subject) ... I can only say: shame on you and your schizophrenic personality (werner)

All the best!

one4many

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: