Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:55:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Multibit wallet problem  (Read 3501 times)
orymh

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 05:04:19 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2013, 05:20:41 PM by orymh

This is an extremely weird issue. If 17xSPe9avt1S5uL1Dtedoj7dQD6DgYozx1 is showing up in your imported addresses, and Electrum is connected, there should be no way for it to show a zero balance, because both blockexplorer.com and blockchain.info's address search agree that that address has a balance of slightly over .31 BTC.

You can tell for sure whether Electrum is connected by looking at the lower right-hand corner of the Electrum window. You should have a green dot there. If it's another color, then Electrum isn't connected properly, and that would explain why it isn't reflecting your balance yet.

Edit: I'll be unavailable for the next few hours, but I'll check in again when I can. I'm absolutely fascinated by this problem. I know this is no fun for you, but I love the strange ones.  Grin

Hem4Tic1 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:24:40 PM

This is an extremely weird issue. If 17xSPe9avt1S5uL1Dtedoj7dQD6DgYozx1 is showing up in your imported addresses, and Electrum is connected, there should be no way for it to show a zero balance, because both blockexplorer.com and blockchain.info's address search agree that that address has a balance of slightly over .31 BTC.

You can tell for sure whether Electrum is connected by looking at the lower right-hand corner of the Electrum window. You should have a green dot there. If it's another color, then Electrum isn't connected properly, and that would explain why it isn't reflecting your balance yet.

Edit: I'll be unavailable for the next few hours, but I'll check in again when I can. I'm absolutely fascinated by this problem. I know this is no fun for you, but I love the strange ones.  Grin

The dot in the corner is green  Angry
orymh

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 06:12:13 PM

Turned up an interesting possibility: apparently people have had a similar problem before with imported addresses in Electrum. The solution was to send additional funds to the same address. Once Electrum saw the new transaction, it updated the total balance.

I've just sent .001 BTC to 17xSPe9avt1S5uL1Dtedoj7dQD6DgYozx1. We'll see if that does the trick once the new transaction is confirmed. One confirmation so far.

orymh

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 06:23:00 PM

I knew there was a troubleshooting step I was forgetting: You can try connecting to a different Electrum server, just in case the one you're connected to is misbehaving. (This also has the handy side effect of forcing Electrum to update your balance.) Click on the green network dot, click on any server in the list, and click OK. It should take a minute or less for the light to go back to green.

cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 07:33:17 PM

It's crazy that you can't get the funds to show up.  I'd ask you to PM me the private key and I'll send you the funds, but I don't know if I want to be responsible for that.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Hem4Tic1 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:00:52 AM

OK GUYS GOOD NEWS,

The funds now shop up  in my electrum! I think it is because of the 0.001 bitcoin you sent me, thanks for that!

It's funny because it says I received the 0.31 btc at the 17th and the 0.001 at the 19th, but they appeared at the same time

Thanks for all the help! Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: