Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:45:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY is a preference to dag-technology, like a BYTEBALL or IOTA?  (Read 1471 times)
Dread (OP)

Activity: 315
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:58:57 PM

hi, guys/  Smiley
BYTE or Iota- whats a Alt will be in TOP-3?

and my question:
why the preference is given to the technology of the dag, for example, BYTEBALL or IOTA?

why is a DAG better than simple blockchain?
that question i have after that article:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/future-of-digital-currency-may-not-involve-blockchains

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kmxl45

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:16:36 PM

hi, guys/  Smiley
BYTE or Iota- whats a Alt will be in TOP-3?

and my question:
why the preference is given to the technology of the dag, for example, BYTEBALL or IOTA?

why is a DAG better than simple blockchain?
that question i have after that article:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/future-of-digital-currency-may-not-involve-blockchains

I can't predict the future but I thing that both of this coins will be in TOP 10.

Blockchain is totally great technology but what all the blockchain splits, miners which can spam blockchain when they want, slow transaction speed, high fees? It seems to me like nothing good for calm future. And now I have found DAG. No miners - great, no/low fees - totally great, speed - yeah baby:D And this is only several advantages what stick in my head....So why not TOP 3? Wink
TimeHacker

Activity: 521
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:23:14 PM

I'd say that Byteball and IOTA are technologically equally good and my bet is that both of them can end up at least in Top5. However, as an investment, Byteball seems to be much more attractive as it's current market cap is much lower, so there's more space for profit.

And why is DAG better? For many reasons. It's much faster (no waiting for block to appear), it doesn't need miners (no politics and drama from big mining groups like now with BTC vs BCH), it's ecological (no wasted energy for PoW)... and many others.

Arslada

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:57:29 AM

A few reasons why BYTEBALL, IOTA, DAG are better in their technology:
  • faster transactions
  • No miners
  • Almost zero fees
  • No forks and fake pump and dump forked tokens
  • No wasted electricity - better for our earth, our lives
  • New simple technology
  • Still very cheap price in my opinion
MatrixMining

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:56:51 PM

I believe it's quite possible that DAG cryptocurrencies will experience a boom very soon. As mentioned above, they are better in so many ways compared to blockchain cryptos - low or no fees, very fast transactions, no mining...
I bet that everyone who's holding a decent amount of Byteball and IOTA will earn nice profits within the next few months.
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:58:46 PM

I believe it's quite possible that DAG cryptocurrencies will experience a boom very soon. As mentioned above, they are better in so many ways compared to blockchain cryptos - low or no fees, very fast transactions, no mining...
I bet that everyone who's holding a decent amount of Byteball and IOTA will earn nice profits within the next few months.
Fees and transaction speeds will be addressed even by Bitcoin Core, so that's not really an interesting argument.

How do DAG cryptos stay safe with no miners securing the network by the way?
NavySeals

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:59:32 PM

Fees and transaction speeds will be addressed even by Bitcoin Core, so that's not really an interesting argument.

I agree with this, that's the question that makes my brain confused. Without miners, we can't make sure the network is secure. We need miners to feel secure for our transactions and transfers.
jk_14
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:06:44 PM

I agree with this, that's the question that makes my brain confused. Without miners, we can't make sure the network is secure. We need miners to feel secure for our transactions and transfers.
I'm not 100% sure if we really need miners to secure a decentralized network, maybe there is a solution. But if there is I am not aware of it.

If anyone knows this I would be happy about an answer or at least a reference where I can educate myself about this.

But in any case, Bitcoin Core will resolve the problems of speed and fees anyways, and they are also looking into anonymous transfers and smart contracts...
anasso

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:25:23 PM

i think IOTA will be the number 1 in coin market cap within few years!

main advantages: scalability, no fees and adoption by big corporates!
Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:38:18 PM

Have you ever heard about the concept of finality of transaction? there is no 51% attack or did you mean the double spend protection? Smiley
jk_14
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:40:05 PM

Have you ever heard about the concept of finality of transaction? there is no 51% attack or did you mean the double spend protection? Smiley
Finality of transactions is only a buzzword if the transaction history is malleable, which is something that miners make impossible. And I mean all three of these.
Black_bl

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:43:41 PM

I'm not 100% sure if we really need miners to secure a decentralized network, maybe there is a solution. But if there is I am not aware of it.

If anyone knows this I would be happy about an answer or at least a reference where I can educate myself about this.

But in any case, Bitcoin Core will resolve the problems of speed and fees anyways, and they are also looking into anonymous transfers and smart contracts...

When will this issue solve? that's really interesting question especially if you look back what happened. Segwit2x had support and was planed two years and what happened? I'm curious how long will take time this solution
Black_bl

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:49:29 PM

Finality of transactions is only a buzzword if the transaction history is malleable, which is something that miners make impossible. And I mean all three of these.
Ok let's talk about Byteball. How can transaction history be malleable when each transaction contains a hash previous?
kmxl45

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:17:17 AM

Ok let's talk about Byteball. How can transaction history be malleable when each transaction contains a hash previous?

I thought about the security too, but I really don't know how the main chain can be attacked, because each transation contains a hash of previous transaction, like you write. I am not sure yet about the double-spend protection, but I still looking for information about that....I think the devs have slution for that, and I have to find it:)
Orsenise

Activity: 92

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:21:34 PM

Personally I think IOTA will outpeform byteball and it's overall the best investment. IOTA is a long-term investment and returns will come in many years when IOT will be implemented in our daily lifes, it's worth to invest in it if you have a long-term outlook of let's say 10-20 years. It's gonna make you filthy rich one day and you'll thank you past self for making that investment. Fact is that the entire world will be interconnected in the future (more than it is today) and for that to limps work you need some sort of infrastructure and network for all the information to pass alone. IOTA has proven itself the leader on that domain and is well funded to overcome any competition and to outperform anyone who is even thinking about going against it.
Dread (OP)

Activity: 315
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:07:22 PM

Ok- very fast speed, no blocks, no attack 51 and many others its great, BUT..

WHY cryptocrowd nothing tell about DAG?

looks like a conspiracy vs DAG-tehnology

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
Black_bl

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:24:26 PM

Ok- very fast speed, no blocks, no attack 51 and many others its great, BUT..

WHY cryptocrowd nothing tell about DAG?

looks like a conspiracy vs DAG-tehnology
I think the reason why people don't speak about DAG is that this really new technology. There are no many people who understand DAG. It's quite tricky but if you spend your time studying you won't regret!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:37:24 PM

BYTEBALL is obviously a far better project and is a far better investment from here.

IOta is untested and until it has the training wheels removed and no serious attacks are successful from many months its not even a proven functional design.

I would take byteball as a better bet from here any day.

TimeHacker

Activity: 521
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:44:47 PM

BYTEBALL is obviously a far better project and is a far better investment from here.

IOta is untested and until it has the training wheels removed and no serious attacks are successful from many months its not even a proven functional design.

I would take byteball as a better bet from here any day.

You're probably right. Another thing is that the Byteball and IOTA technology is quite similar, as well as their valuation potential. But Byteball has much lower market cap right now, which means that the potential gain is also much bigger.

Black_bl

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:43:14 AM

It's certainly cryptocurrency, which deserves attention in the long run. Decentralization is really important thought and in this case I think developers made cool work. The system of dividing fees between witnesses and recipients of future transactions is also a very interesting concept that encourages more frequent use of Byteball
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: