Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:15:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Activity & new membergroup limits  (Read 242375 times)
elliottflz65

Activity: 134
Merit: 147

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 11:39:13 PM

my activity didn't increase from many days..

Activity will increases when you reached the 14 points.
When you post a post in a Day 1 points will increases, I think you are not a daily poster. You post one day and then dont post for two or more Days. This would be the only reason that your activity is not raising.

I started posting Daily, so will that make my activity rise..
AS only a few days ago (Maybe a Week or so) i started actively participating the forum.

You're not going to get any more activity points until the 17th now. You need to make sure you post at least once in every two week period. If you don't you'll lose those points forever.
If I fail to post in two weeks then my activity will be still 28 or its going to drop 14

activity will never drop unless your post is deleted

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 01:21:52 AM

How can I find out the acitivty needed for legendary for a certain account?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
dbshck
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2440
Merit: 1616

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 02:58:28 AM

AFAIK, you can't. Just somewhere between 775 and 1030 activity.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 03:25:28 AM

That makes it sound like once you reach 1031 activity, if you've been overlooked for some reason, you are no longer eligible for Legendary status. Cheesy

dbshck
Staff
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:10:25 AM

That makes it sound like once you reach 1031 activity, if you've been overlooked for some reason, you are no longer eligible for Legendary status. Cheesy

lol but of course you won't be overlooked, it's not approved manually by Theymos Cheesy The worst case, you'll be Legendary on 1030 activity.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 05:19:10 AM

lol but of course you won't be overlooked, it's not approved manually by Theymos Cheesy The worst case, you'll be Legendary on 1030 activity.

Most probably on 1036. Roll Eyes

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 08:36:56 AM

-snip-
Most probably on 1036. Roll Eyes

There are plenty old accounts that have "banked" activity. I would not be surprised if some of them could reach legendary just by posting.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Hfleer

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:04:06 PM

AFAIK you can, theymos said that atleast. Maybe only staff can look it up though.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
dbshck
Staff
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:31:52 PM

AFAIK you can, theymos said that atleast. Maybe only staff can look it up though.

Sorry, I found it. But still, you need to know how to read this code ...

Can you make getting legendary provability fair? So we know if you don't like us that we get it anyway Smiley

Nah, that'd significantly complicate things. Currently this randomness is done with a single SQL query, which is very convenient.

Code:
update smf_members set ID_POST_GROUP=21 where ID_POST_GROUP=8 and
activity>=775 and activity>=775+conv(substr(sha1(concat(ID_MEMBER,
secretSeed)), 1, 2), 16, 10);

The required activity level per user is suitably random for betting, but anyone who can read my code (there are a few such people) will be able to exactly predict when someone will become Legendary, so I don't really recommend it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:33:55 PM

He actually explained that going to legendary is a random number between those values, he hashes a salt and someother stuff to calculate the value and everyone goes legendary at some unknown point in that range.  Staff won't look it up (don't think they even can) cos it's supposed to be secret.
Hfleer

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:33:59 PM

Can you make getting legendary provability fair? So we know if you don't like us that we get it anyway Smiley

Nah, that'd significantly complicate things. Currently this randomness is done with a single SQL query, which is very convenient.

Code:

The required activity level per user is suitably random for betting, but anyone who can read my code (there are a few such people) will be able to exactly predict when someone will become Legendary, so I don't really recommend it.

Perfect. Now I just need a mod that can tell me the secretSeed!

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 05:34:21 PM

-snip-

-snip-
Code:

The problem is that we dont know what the "secretSeed" is, thus a proper prediction on the exact result in only available for those that have access to the full code.

Hfleer

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:42:41 PM

-snip-

-snip-
Code:

The problem is that we dont know what the "secretSeed" is, thus a proper prediction on the exact result in only available for those that have access to the full code.

We just need to pay off some mod. Question is if that secretSeed is account specific or global.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:44:12 PM

-snip-

-snip-
Code:

We just need to pay off some mod. Question is if that secretSeed is account specific or global.

I think I saw that it was specific for each account (but I may be mistaken).
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:46:54 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 07:20:16 PM by Quickseller

-snip-

-snip-
Code:

The exact amount of activity required to become legendary varies from user to user, however the secret seed is global.

In theory, if you were to monitor when enough users are promoted to legendary status, it would be possible to reverse engineer what the secret seed is (you would however need to take into consideration that the required activity for each member may not be divisible by 14), although it would probably take more effort/work then it is really worth. This is incorrect lol
Hfleer

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:50:20 PM

-snip-

-snip-
Code:

The exact amount of activity required to become legendary varies from user to user, however the secret seed is global.

In theory, if you were to monitor when enough users are promoted to legendary status, it would be possible to reverse engineer what the secret seed is (you would however need to take into consideration that the required activity for each member may not be divisible by 14), although it would probably take more effort/work then it is really worth.

IIRC there was this exact discussion already. Theymos said that the seed has too much entropy to be reverse engeneerd. One more point is that you can't see when someone gets promoted, activity jumps by 14 points.

Even if you found a secretseed that matches the past results of all accounts, it doesn't say anthing about future accounts because there are an incredible big number of seeds that would match.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:52:42 PM

-snip-

-snip-
Code:

In theory, if you were to monitor when enough users are promoted to legendary status, it would be possible to reverse engineer what the secret seed is (you would however need to take into consideration that the required activity for each member may not be divisible by 14), although it would probably take more effort/work then it is really worth.

Aha, yes, if the secret seed is global then, as you say, the secret seed is the only missing variable if you track exactly when users become legendary---you'd just have to solve that equation for secretseed.  However, you're also right that, uh, who cares?   Legendary doesn't get you any further forum rights, as far as I know it's just a cute title.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:57:39 PM

-snip-

-snip-
Code:

Can I ask you how do you know the secretSeed is univocal for all the forum users? Is it only your supposition or have you asked someone from the staff?

Aha, yes, if the secret seed is global then, as you say, the secret seed is the only missing variable if you track exactly when users become legendary---you'd just have to solve that equation for secretseed.  However, you're also right that, uh, who cares?   Legendary doesn't get you any further forum rights, as far as I know it's just a cute title.

Maybe he is only curious as a lot of other users here in the forum (it is normal).
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 06:05:22 PM

-snip-

Can I ask you how do you know the secretSeed is univocal for all the forum users? Is it only your supposition or have you asked someone from the staff?
-snip-

Theymos refers to it as a singular entity.

You're not going to find the secret seed technologically. Brute force is not practical, and SHA-1 is strongly believed to protect against other attacks you might think of. If the seed is ever published, it'll be because someone leaked it.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 06:07:48 PM

-snip-

-snip-
Code:

Aha, yes, if the secret seed is global then, as you say, the secret seed is the only missing variable if you track exactly when users become legendary---you'd just have to solve that equation for secretseed.  However, you're also right that, uh, who cares?   Legendary doesn't get you any further forum rights, as far as I know it's just a cute title.
Well there are roughly 440 legendary members (as of when I checked yesterday) and roughly 1880 (as of just now) (both may be off by up to 40), so there is a bit of an additional prestige level to have a legendary account verses having a hero account.

You are right though, a legendary account does not have any additional forum permissions or features that are not available to hero accounts.

That is what a secret seed is, it needs to be the same for multiple people/bets Actually no it doesn't now that I think about it.

Although theymos has said that it is possible to reverse engineer when each user will become legendary if you can read his code, which would imply that the secret seed is the same for each person. Also I really don't think it would really be worth the trouble to be creating a new secret seed for each user as there is really nothing at stake and the fact that the client seed (aka the UID #) cannot be changed by the user.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: