Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:56:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Garr255/Werner - Auction shilling  (Read 23047 times)
kibblesnbits (OP)

Activity: 557
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:21:44 PM

forcing StarSoccer to bid BTC63

Did Gar255 put a gun to his head? No one forced the bidders to do anything.

Having an alt that artificially raises the bid price is similar to a secret reserve price in an auction. There's nothing inherently wrong with it except that Garr255 should have warned bidders that he might do it. I rank his actions there as "a bit shady," though he handled the fallout badly (due to inexperience, I suppose).

In any case, alts aren't against forum rules, and scammer tags are typically only given when an explicit agreement is broken. Garr255 never promised not to bid on his own auctions. He never even promised to honor the results of the auctions. Without contracts, auctions are only devices to assist in price negotiations.

Garr was selling the units for Cog, who is to say Warner would not have kept the units for himself? How do we know they were a fake bid?

However yes, Garr should have been open about this, but clearly not a scam.

Goat's avatar quote:
BTC, LTC, AsicMiner and Cognitive!
I understand that you'd be a little biased towards the Garr255 situation. 

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 01:28:22 PM

forcing StarSoccer to bid BTC63

Did Gar255 put a gun to his head? No one forced the bidders to do anything.

Having an alt that artificially raises the bid price is similar to a secret reserve price in an auction. There's nothing inherently wrong with it except that Garr255 should have warned bidders that he might do it. I rank his actions there as "a bit shady," though he handled the fallout badly (due to inexperience, I suppose).

In any case, alts aren't against forum rules, and scammer tags are typically only given when an explicit agreement is broken. Garr255 never promised not to bid on his own auctions. He never even promised to honor the results of the auctions. Without contracts that say otherwise, auctions are only devices to assist in price negotiations.

I've officially lost all remaining respect for you. You have absolutely no integrity and do not deserve to be our admin. Despite having made serious misjudgments in the past, I have more integrity in my pinky than you'll apparently ever have. Give me my 10 BTC donation back immediately you hypocritical sleezeball. I don't support scams and thus I can't support you.

Matthew has scammed more than once and has been prevented many times.

When have I ever scammed anyone of anything? Having a scammer tag doesn't mean you're a scammer. Else, why would Theymos make a "scammer" a moderator? Why would he remove said tag later instead of trumpet to the community to "stay away danger!". Garr255 did even worse than I did, because I wasn't even attempting at personal gain, just pissing a select group of people off (which obviously succeeded because you're *still* butthurt).

I'm also very pissed off as a significant investor but that does not mean what he did was or was not a scam.

Well, I can't say that comes as a surprise. People on this forum defending corruption and hypocrisy because they invested too heavily into it.

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 01:36:01 PM

Anybody else seeing the seeds of doubt causing a ripple effect here? Is this going to expand further into 'Shillgate', with some connected casualties falling from great heights?
Interesting times, when trust overall is being called into question.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:04:57 PM

When have I ever scammed anyone of anything?

You still haven't answered the question. We all know why you haven't (because your answer would have to contradict the FUD you're spreading), but it is good to know that after promoting Pirateat40's massive fraud, you're still able to come back and continue promoting lies.

starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:13:15 PM

When have I ever scammed anyone of anything?

You still haven't answered the question. We all know why you haven't (because your answer would have to contradict the FUD you're spreading), but it is good to know that after promoting Pirateat40's massive fraud, you're still able to come back and continue promoting lies.

Unless Matthew clearly said I plan to scam according to theymos then it wouldn't be okay. Since I am quite sure he didnt say that he doesnt deserve anytag.
firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:22:48 PM

Well one thing is clear from this thread. Greed trumps all.

What I find slightly amusing is that all of us keep supporting the tertiary actors by posing on their forum... in effect rewarding them regardless of their bad behavior... and then continue to expect better behavior than they've evidenced in the past.

I guess we're all fools.

Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 02:30:32 PM

Hi all,

First, I apologize for taking too long to attempt to resolve this situation. I've been extremely frustrated with myself all day. I have been regretting what I have done since the moment I did it.

I hereby confess to bidding up my own auctions using the "Werner" forum handle. This is despicable, I know. I did this out of pure greed. Scamming anyone was not the priority, getting a few extra measly bitcoins for Cognitive's auction was my goal. I have always acted in the best interest of Cognitive, because I know, believe, and practice my fiduciary duty which comes as a result of handling others' assets. I want everyone to know that I will continue doing my best to run the company, the same as I always have. My track record on the forum has been flawless before this incident, and that's what hurts me most. I'm disgusted with myself when people are questioning whether they can trust me now.

Although some may view this as a petty offence (as I did previously), I do not any longer. As an attempt to at least partially make up for my wrongdoing, I am offering each of the participants in the auction, starsoccer9 and Vezunchik, BTC5 of my own personal funds, which more than makes up for the financial loss due false bids in the auction. I realize that what I have done is unacceptable, and I do deeply regret it.

Being an optimist, I can't help but try to take something positive away from a given situation. I believe that because of this incident I will make an effort to be that much better of a person. Everyone who I have interacted with aside from these auction participants, and Josh Zerlan (Inaba), would agree with me when I tell you: I strive to be a person of high moral conduct.

I apologize to everyone for letting greed get in my way. I know trust takes ages to build, and a few posts to destroy. I hope that everyone will acknowledge my past, and see that I have never acted in an externally malicious way, and have always been transparent, friendly, and courteous in all of my dealings with fellow forum members. Know that I am a man of my word: when I say I will do something, I do it. I regret bidding up the auction greatly. Please know that I have never scammed anyone nor have I stolen anything. I have done tons (probably well over 100) transactions of physical items with users of this forum and not one has gone sour. In most of them the other party was the one who had to trust me.

Again, I sincerely regret what I have done and I apologize for doing it. The small sum of bitcoins I gained from this (until I pay the auction bidders back) was certainly not worth the tarnished reputation. Never again will I allow myself to do something so crooked.

Sincerely,
Garrett

Like I said in another post, I have had very positive dealings with you. People make mistakes. We are all human, and given your age and the way you are handling this situation I believe you are sincere and this will be a lesson learned.
Hopefully other will also see this as a sincere attempt to resolve this situation. We have all done stupid things growing up.

svbeon

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:32:40 PM

UN BELIEVE ABLE.

BAN MATTHEW NEVER RIGHT FOR TROLLING.

SCAMMER TAG GARR225
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:37:28 PM

Cheesy Who could hope for mere? Cheesy  

Accounts being bought & sold in the open?  Meh. Not a scam, 'coz victim?
Sock accounts?  No way to prove!
A confirmed sock account?   STFU Legit!
A confirmed sock shilling?  STFU & GTFO  Legitimate sales tactic of friends respected users.
A confirmed sock with documented forum connections shilling & lying?  !11!!STFU!1!1  HE SAID HE'S SORRY, WTF dood!!!

Huh Guess i've sopped up enough knowledge to start trading on this forum Cool <<< Gullible noob!  You ain't seen sheet!

svbeon

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:38:24 PM

A confirmed sock shilling?  STFU & GTFO  Legitimate sales tactic of friends respected users.
A confirmed sock with documented forum connections shilling & lying?  !11!!STFU!1!1  HE SAID HE'S SORRY, WTF dood!!!

Huh Guess i've sopped up enough knowledge to start trading on this forum Cool <<< Gullible noob!  You ain't seen sheet!

We need to start up Operation Ban Scammers.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:41:52 PM

Your comments reflect the way most of us here feel. The current state of things demand something where people have total control and can actually decide on their own. A system with paid moderators works against that by diluting the power of your votes for change.

Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 02:43:06 PM

Look I don't even know Garr all I know is that he buys silver from me and seems like a good kid. Here are some things I want everyone to think of when posting here asking for all of the things like scam tags, untrustworthy etc.

1. Do not ask for forgiveness for yourself and justice for others. This kid (17 years old) has publicly apologized and offered up 10BTC to the winners of those auctions as a way of reimbursing them when if you look at the bidding thread there was active bidders all the way through not just Werner.

2. Would you want every mistake you've made since the time you were 17 years old labeled to your account and to follow you forever? From his history and cognitive it looks like he also has done some pretty solid things for people.

3. How many of you have ever sold an item on eBay? Now of those people how many of you have ever had a friend bid on your item to help give it a boost? I can assure you most have. It sucks and that's why I hate online auctions most of the time because I feel like this happens more often than not.

He got caught. We are a small community. It was wrong we all can see that. He has publicly apologized and has offered to reimburse this who involved. I think that speaks volumes for a kid his age.
crumbs

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:44:04 PM

Hey, stop playing so fast & loose.  Pirate has never scammed anyone.  Did he specifically say that he wasn't going to run off with the money?  In an interwebz-binding e-greement?  No.  So stop slandering & spreading FUD!  U got pwnt by mah logics! Cool
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:44:38 PM

Look I don't even know Garr all I know is that he buys silver from me and seems like a good kid. Here are some things I want everyone to think of when posting here asking for all of the things like scam tags, untrustworthy etc.

1. Do not ask for forgiveness for yourself and justice for others. This kid (17 years old) has publicly apologized and offered up 10BTC to the winners of those auctions as a way of reimbursing them when if you look at the bidding thread there was active bidders all the way through not just Werner.

2. Would you want every mistake you've made since the time you were 17 years old labeled to your account and to follow you forever? From his history and cognitive it looks like he also has done some pretty solid things for people.

3. How many of you have ever sold an item on eBay? Now of those people how many of you have ever had a friend bid on your item to help give it a boost? I can assure you most have. It sucks and that's why I hate online auctions most of the time because I feel like this happens more often than not.

He got caught. We are a small community. It was wrong we all can see that. He has publicly apologized and has offered to reimburse this who involved. I think that speaks volumes for a kid his age.

well I guess point number 3 makes it clear I wont be bidding on any of your auctions
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:45:27 PM

Hey, stop playing so fast & loose.  Pirate has never scammed anyone.  Did he specifically say that he wasn't going to run off with the money?  In an interwebz-binding e-greement?  No.  So stop slandering & spreading FUD!  U got pwnt by mah logics! Cool
Agreed, I think pirate should get the scammer tag removed as well. He never said he wasnt just gonna disappear so its okay
SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:47:12 PM

So to get things clear, if I dance the hoolahoop and say "Hoopla Bwana Hoopla" before I run off with the money after a deal here, that's okay because I did not state before the deal I would not do that?

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
crumbs

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:47:26 PM

Your comments reflect the way most of us here feel. The current state of things demand something where people have total control and can actually decide on their own. A system with paid moderators works against that by diluting the power of your votes for change.

I honestly don't mind paid moderators -- at least no more than i mind paid cops.  It seems like a shit job, and perhaps some tangible compensation will actually help if the BTC is there -- no more "whaddaya expect fo nothin'?"
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:48:10 PM

HE SAID HE'S SORRY, WTF dood!!!
Looks like everyone misses the part where he also gave 5 BTC to the victims.

Just fyi I am a victim, and can say I have gotten 0 coins and no pm telling me im able to get 5coins.

I will publicly state that if he wants to send me 5btc they can be sent to 1EcysP9UmvyW1zdD75noVdb8BVaRA7ZC8h

The above address is also linked to my otc ratings
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:48:41 PM

So to get things clear, if I dance the hoolahoop and say "Hoopla Bwana Hoopla" before I run off with the money after a deal here, that's okay because I did not state before the deal I would not do that?

According to theymos yes its okay
crumbs

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:49:36 PM

HE SAID HE'S SORRY, WTF dood!!!
Looks like everyone misses the part where he also gave 5 BTC to the victims.

If the punishment for robbery was limited to reimbursing the stolen stuff & saying "i's sorry," you suppose there'd be fewer robberies or ... not? Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: