Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:53:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Garr255/Werner - Auction shilling  (Read 23050 times)
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:21:37 PM

[...]
Why can't theymos just check Werner's IP and see if it equals Garr's? Yeah yeah Tor etc, but if Garr was this careless, he's probably more careless.

Gar's identity is not in question -- he both admitted & apologized.  

TL;DR: theymos' reply:  shilling and socks perfectly valid here.
kibblesnbits (OP)

Activity: 557
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:22:36 PM

Wow, OK. Possible sockpuppet(s) of Garr, shill bidding, shill bidding is OK because "price negotiations," possible screenshot faking by Inaba, "enough evidence to open an investigation on Inaba," Garr has some of the forum's money, aaand more possible sockpuppet(s).

I'm sure I missed something. TL;DR please?
Garr255 shill bidding, legit screenshot by Inaba, Garr255 confesses to being Werner, Garr255 says he might have been lying about confession #1, more evidence found connecting Garr255 to Werner,  Garr255 confesses to being Werner (again), Garr255 says he will pay 5BTC to victims of confirmed shill auction.  Starsoccer9 says hasn't been paid yet.  Svbeon says "I will be sending you the coins soon".

That's about where we're at right now.
Thank you Smiley
Why can't theymos just check Werner's IP and see if it equals Garr's? Yeah yeah Tor etc, but if Garr was this careless, he's probably more careless.

Doesn't need to.  Garr255 already confessed to the Werner account and bumping up his own auctions with it.

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:25:00 PM

[...]

Yes, Garr could have just kept his mouth shut but thought being open was the right thing to do.

I think it was less about thinking being open was the right thing to do as it was being caught.  A lot.

If it was about being open he could have stuck with his original confession instead of hedging.
crumbs

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:28:06 PM

[...]

Yes, Garr could have just kept his mouth shut but thought being open was the right thing to do.

Garr *has* kept his mouth shut for 2 days, and when it became blatantly obvious that weaseling out is not an option, he fleshed out the "i'm so sorry love me for being honest & repentant 4realz!" boilerplate, and posted it here, signing it with a (mocking us?) cursive font -- the kind you see on all the cheap "so sorry for your loss, can't afford a Hallmark" cards.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:35:50 PM

[...]

Garr *has* kept his mouth shut for 2 days, and when it became blatantly obvious that weaseling out is not an option, he fleshed out the "i'm so sorry love me for being honest & repentant 4realz!" boilerplate, and posted it here, signing it with a (mocking us?) cursive font -- the kind you see on all the cheap "so sorry for your loss, can't afford a Hallmark" cards.

lmfao
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:45:23 PM

lmfao

After you get fully refunded will you try to buy your unit back?

I was not aware i was being fully refunded. i was aware I was getting 5btc as a sorry for bidding on my own auction
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:54:36 PM

lmfao

I was not aware i was being fully refunded. i was aware I was getting 5btc as a sorry for bidding on my own auction

I sure hope you get a full refund, even if 5 extra is sent your way. After all you did get "scammed" Need to void that auction.  I will pay for it myself if I get the unit.  Wink   BRB going to send a PM.

Well I can tell quite clearly that you want my unit. I do not want a full refund as I do actully want the unit. If he wants to give me a full refund plus 5 I will be a bit pissed about it. If you are interested in the unit feel free to contact me as I would sell it obviously higher then i bought it for.
kibblesnbits (OP)

Activity: 557

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:55:52 PM

[...]

Mmmmmn nope.....

Cry sounds like i wont be getting 64ghashs
Seems like you are all fucked twice, cause the auction is rigged by the seller using a sock puppet to raise the bids,  
read the topic till the end:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236794.msg2517652#msg2517652

Please read the entire thread before making assumptions. I did not do any such thing, but I cannot argue against my apology to Josh because he would then be able to cancel my preorder.

I am simply acting in the way those familiar with the term fiduciary duty would expect me to.

Sorry for the drama, that's not what was intended (by me).

As I said, I'm not going to argue against the all-powerful BFL only because I value those orders more than a few peoples' opinions of me.

Seems like you are all fucked twice, cause the auction is rigged by the seller using a sock puppet to raise the bids,  

Please read the entire thread before making assumptions. I did not do any such thing, but I cannot argue against my apology to Josh because he would then be able to cancel my preorder.

I am simply acting in the way those familiar with the term fiduciary duty would expect me to.

As I said, I'm not going to argue against the all-powerful BFL only because I value those orders more than a few peoples' opinions of me.

I can't believe what's happening here...

I did not bid up those auctions. I am not arguing the accusation that the werner account is under my control because I want to keep my BFL orders! Otherwise, believe me: I would be!

I have always been known to be one of the most transparent and trustworthy people around here. I'm sure a few btc might seem significant to some of you, but please be assured that I'm not going to SCAM people out of a few coins, because I value my reputation much more than that!

I'm genuinely disgusted with the outcome of this. Again: I'm going to hold to that apology because it is my fiduciary duty to do so, no matter what it does to my reputation.

Apologies for the mass confusion.

Hey all, regarding the Werner account:

I am not allowed to argue against what I have stated in my apology to BFL and Josh, else they will cancel my orders, which would be devastating.

I had to swallow my pride and set my ego aside so I could act in the best interest of others, as I stated previously. What I can say: It is appalling that someone would accuse me of doing something as low as bidding up my own auctions. You make me sick.

--Garr

Inaba's given you the green light to argue your case without reprocussion.  Your move.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=238474.msg2532361#msg2532361

Hi all,

First, I apologize for taking too long to attempt to resolve this situation. I've been extremely frustrated with myself all day. I have been regretting what I have done since the moment I did it.

I hereby confess to bidding up my own auctions using the "Werner" forum handle. This is despicable, I know. I did this out of pure greed. Scamming anyone was not the priority, getting a few extra measly bitcoins for Cognitive's auction was my goal. I have always acted in the best interest of Cognitive, because I know, believe, and practice my fiduciary duty which comes as a result of handling others' assets. I want everyone to know that I will continue doing my best to run the company, the same as I always have. My track record on the forum has been flawless before this incident, and that's what hurts me most. I'm disgusted with myself when people are questioning whether they can trust me now.

Although some may view this as a petty offence (as I did previously), I do not any longer. As an attempt to at least partially make up for my wrongdoing, I am offering each of the participants in the auction, starsoccer9 and Vezunchik, BTC5 of my own personal funds, which more than makes up for the financial loss due false bids in the auction. I realize that what I have done is unacceptable, and I do deeply regret it.

Being an optimist, I can't help but try to take something positive away from a given situation. I believe that because of this incident I will make an effort to be that much better of a person. Everyone who I have interacted with aside from these auction participants, and Josh Zerlan (Inaba), would agree with me when I tell you: I strive to be a person of high moral conduct.

I apologize to everyone for letting greed get in my way. I know trust takes ages to build, and a few posts to destroy. I hope that everyone will acknowledge my past, and see that I have never acted in an externally malicious way, and have always been transparent, friendly, and courteous in all of my dealings with fellow forum members. Know that I am a man of my word: when I say I will do something, I do it. I regret bidding up the auction greatly. Please know that I have never scammed anyone nor have I stolen anything. I have done tons (probably well over 100) transactions of physical items with users of this forum and not one has gone sour. In most of them the other party was the one who had to trust me.

Again, I sincerely regret what I have done and I apologize for doing it. The small sum of bitcoins I gained from this (until I pay the auction bidders back) was certainly not worth the tarnished reputation. Never again will I allow myself to do something so crooked.

Sincerely,
Garrett

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
crumbs

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:58:03 PM

I sure hope you get a full refund, even if 5 extra is sent your way. After all you did get "scammed" Need to void that auction.  I will pay for it myself if I get the unit.  Wink   BRB going to send a PM.
Grin Love having no dog in this fight Cheesy  Seems only rats, pigs & a few runts left in the rink Cheesy
ThatDGuy

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:59:20 PM

lmfao

I sure hope you get a full refund, even if 5 extra is sent your way. After all you did get "scammed" Need to void that auction.  I will pay for it myself if I get the unit.  Wink   BRB going to send a PM.

Well I can tell quite clearly that you want my unit. I do not want a full refund as I do actully want the unit. If he wants to give me a full refund plus 5 I will be a bit pissed about it. If you are interested in the unit feel free to contact me as I would sell it obviously higher then i bought it for.

This.  This this this.  The auction for the one that started this thread was up to a pretty high amount.  Garr255 said he would give you:

Although some may view this as a petty offence (as I did previously), I do not any longer. As an attempt to at least partially make up for my wrongdoing, I am offering each of the participants in the auction, starsoccer9 and Vezunchik, BTC5 of my own personal funds, which more than makes up for the financial loss due false bids in the auction. I realize that what I have done is unacceptable, and I do deeply regret it.

BTC5 of his own personal funds.  Any attempt to give you a "full refund" now would be another attempt to screw you over.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:03:30 PM

lmfao

Don't be so hard on him Goat, he honestly took part in a dishonest auction and now seems that the victim deserves to be beaten up.

You know that being honest and being tricked by dishonest people feels bad, and more so if it seems that the long term members in here indulge on the guy that did wrong, and ignore the victim (at best) or directly mock him up.

I'm a new member in here, I've been lurking since late 2012 and registered since Jan 2013, so I really don't know any of you, but from the outside the impression I have is Garr255 is somewhat close to many long time members, including you... For example, honest question: does he knows Theymos in meatspace? Are all of you friends and involved in common business? Because it kinda seems so by the out of ordinary indulgence he got from the mods except John K., who as usual gave a very straight forward, no BS, impartial vision of the facts...

Guys, do you realize that is exactly this strange indulgence what triggered a 14-pages thread full of arguments, right?

BorderBits

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:05:35 PM

What's up with this community's need to be scammed?  From Pirate to Spongebob to Zhou Tong to the numerous "securities" schemes . . . is it just that you all need something to spend your bitcoin on?  If I ever needed fast cash, I would just come to this board and post an "investment" opportunity.  Not only would I make a bunch of money off of idiots, if I came out and apologized, over half of the community would think I'm a great guy.  
firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:07:45 PM

[...]

Yah, that's accurate. Community does the community in general lack ethics or is it just the mods?

What's up with this community's need to be scammed?  From Pirate to Spongebob to Zhou Tong to the numerous "securities" schemes . . . is it just that you all need something to spend your bitcoin on?  If I ever needed fast cash, I would just come to this board and post an "investment" opportunity.  Not only would I make a bunch of money off of idiots, if I came out and apologized, over half of the community would think I'm a great guy.  

Maybe something about bitcoin is making everyone go a little bit 'dark side'

ThatDGuy

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:09:56 PM

lmfao

I sure hope you get a full refund, even if 5 extra is sent your way. After all you did get "scammed" Need to void that auction.  I will pay for it myself if I get the unit.  Wink   BRB going to send a PM.

This.  This this this.  The auction for the one that started this thread was up to a pretty high amount.  Garr255 said he would give you:

BTC5 of his own personal funds.  Any attempt to give you a "full refund" now would be another attempt to screw you over.

Garr did not say this, but it seems like a good policy  Wink   They guy clearly got "scammed" he should get his money back in full. Void the deal Smiley

No.

It's not a good policy at all.  It's a policy that would screw over Starsoccer and the other winning bidder again and put more money in Garr255's pocket, or the pockets of Cognitive shareholders - Goat, aren't you a Cognitive shareholder?

This is the end result of Allten's auction for the machine, which seemed like it was going over 20k before it was pulled down.  That's the equivalent of BTC181 right now.

Just noticed that the auction is no longer on ebay. I wonder if the OP got his 25k or decided to mine with it.

Yeah, I just noticed that too but the item isn't available to view like with closed auctions. It's completely removed without a trace. That usually happens when someone complains to eBay about the listing or eBay decides to remove it on their own. I saw that a few times with big actual fireworks listed on eBay.

Ebay canceled the listing not me. They want me to "verify" my account with ID because the price is much higher than anything I've ever sold to protect the buyers which is something they are good at. They also want me to prove I own the device by having the manufacture send them a receipt. They also asked why shipping would be delayed if 25K wasn't met. They couldn't understand that. This is a good thing. It gives me a chance to make a listing that doesn't rub anyone the wrong way and using Bitmit which is what I should have used in the first place.

Now, do I trust that much money sitting in escrow on Bitmit?

Mentioned in one of the answers to the questions posed on ebay, I plan to use these funds to fuel development of a 3rd party BFL chip miner.

Thanks,
      Allten
crumbs

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:11:54 PM

Garr did not say this, but it seems like a good policy  Wink   They guy clearly got "scammed" he should get his money back in full. Void the deal Smiley

You're loving this just a touch too much, goat. BFL Josh found a good apprentice in you Grin
ThatDGuy

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:17:22 PM

lmfao

No.

It's not a good policy at all.  It's a policy that would screw over Starsoccer and the other winning bidder again and put more money in Garr255's pocket, or the pockets of Cognitive shareholders - Goat, aren't you a Cognitive shareholder?

This is the end result of Allten's auction for the machine, which seemed like it was going over 20k before it was pulled down.  That's the equivalent of BTC181 right now.

Just noticed that the auction is no longer on ebay. I wonder if the OP got his 25k or decided to mine with it.

Yeah, I just noticed that too but the item isn't available to view like with closed auctions. It's completely removed without a trace. That usually happens when someone complains to eBay about the listing or eBay decides to remove it on their own. I saw that a few times with big actual fireworks listed on eBay.

Ebay canceled the listing not me. They want me to "verify" my account with ID because the price is much higher than anything I've ever sold to protect the buyers which is something they are good at. They also want me to prove I own the device by having the manufacture send them a receipt. They also asked why shipping would be delayed if 25K wasn't met. They couldn't understand that. This is a good thing. It gives me a chance to make a listing that doesn't rub anyone the wrong way and using Bitmit which is what I should have used in the first place.

Mentioned in one of the answers to the questions posed on ebay, I plan to use these funds to fuel development of a 3rd party BFL chip miner.

Thanks,
      Allten

Satisfaction guaranteed or 100% money back is not a good policy? Oh come on now!! That is like the best policy evar!

But it is clearly a policy designed to pocket Cognitive the difference in value now that Singles are shipping.

Starsoccer9 won the auction for ~BTC63, Is (supposedly) getting BTC5 from Garr255/Werner/(maybe svbeon) netting him a single for BTC58 fairly, which was recently up for auction at close to BTC184.

starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:19:38 PM

lmfao

No.

Thanks,
      Allten

Satisfaction guaranteed or 100% money back is not a good policy? Oh come on now!! That is like the best policy evar!

But it is clearly a policy designed to pocket Cognitive the difference in value now that Singles are shipping.

Starsoccer9 won the auction for ~BTC63, Is (supposedly) getting BTC5 from Garr255/Werner/(maybe svbeon) netting him a single for BTC58 fairly, which was recently up for auction at close to BTC184.

Agreed, at this point I would be far from happy with simply a refund and 5 coins. The 5coins i am more then happy to take but i did pay for a 64ghash unit(tho is will probably be 60) and I plan to follow through and get it
crumbs

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:20:08 PM

It's a great policy, as long as you're not *investing*, which is what most of the people here are doing.  If you think that it's fine for a horse track to refund winning bets, then 100% money-back-guarantee is great. Wink  
edit: typo
ThatDGuy

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:21:41 PM

But the guy is a victim, he said he was abused! We need to make it right. Give him 100% of his money back ASAP!

Are you being serious right now? You're suggesting victimizing the victim again.
crumbs

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:23:44 PM

It's a great policy, as long as you're not *investing*, which is what most of the people here are doing.  If you think that it's fine for a horse track to refund winning bets, then 100% money-back-guarantee is great. Wink  
edit: typo

Before the race yeah, they should give it back! This guy did not get his unit. Same thing, race is not over Smiley

Then you'd be fine if MtGox refunded your fiat after you bought BTC & the price doubled, right? Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: