Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:38:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Binary-Chain - VeriCoin and Verium - The First Dual-Blockchain Protocol  (Read 47627 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mrnuts

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:10:01 PM

Hi guys! do you know why the slack is not working? I think this is a great project but I'm having a little trouble gathering information about it  Smiley

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrnuts

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:15:04 PM

Hi guys! do you know why the slack is not working? I think this is a great project but I'm having a little trouble gathering information about it  Smiley

Nevermind, found the new one on Twitter; you need to update the website  Grin Grin

maximaus

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:28:26 PM

The project is really innovative and that's a nice idea. But you are talking about "more security". What does that exactly mean? More security compared to what coin? How is it exactly implemented?

With the binary chain, both chains are more secure than stand-alone POW or POS chains, and also more scalable and decentralized. POST in itself is already an improvement over POS.
maximaus

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:40:59 PM

You can already mine with your mobile, here is a guide : https://www.reddit.com/r/vericoin/comments/7i7kg4/put_those_old_android_devices_to_use_mining_verium/

Mining from your pc is very easy, there is a "one-click mining" feature built in the wallet, you can select the number of cores to mine from.
Mobile mining will be made equally easy soon enough, don't know about the dates but i do know devs are hard at work, just a very filled roadmap Wink

I would love to be corrected if I'm wrong, but is VRM due to release an application that allows for mobile mining to a pool? And when I say due, I mean, is it going to come out in December?

Also....

great long term project, I'm glad to be aboard  Grin   Mining on the Poolium pool is super stable.

If your PC is running 24/7 anyways you might as well earn some crypto for it and help support a great project

.... don't hate me but I've never mined a cryptocurrency before and I think I'm going to take the plunge with VRM on my computer tomorrow night. Can someone enlighten me though, is it difficult to set up? Is there a (newbie-friendly) mining guide?

But I'm definitely more curious about the mobile mining application?
cryptonian1

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:43:01 AM

when is dual chain going live? i was under the impression it is not operational yet...
pissyas

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:57:07 AM

What are your plans, upcoming updates ? What are the upcoming new exchanges ? Cryptopia or coinexchange and yobit , … ?
maximaus

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:41:13 PM

when is dual chain going live? i was under the impression it is not operational yet...

afaik POST 2.0 needs to be implemented first, and its currently undergoing testing by the devs

Binary Chain should be coming in 2018
maximaus

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:53:24 PM

What are your plans, upcoming updates ? What are the upcoming new exchanges ? Cryptopia or coinexchange and yobit , … ?

Please have a look here :

https://portal.vericoin.info/roadmap-the-future-of-vericoin/

http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/roadmap_V1.pdf
singula

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:53:59 PM

Well, this coin does have some promising features, so I decided to try the Verium part - check the wallet and see if I can mine some coins.

The mining part was quite easy (generate address in wallet, set up pool account, set up and start miner), but then I found out that the wallet does not synchronize to the network. At first start it downloaded a bootstrap (presumably with part of the blockchain), but then it fails to synchronize the rest of the blocks (last block is 3 days old)

First I see "Synchronizing with network (99.3%)", then later it is replaced by "Waiting for a network connection ...." ... which stays there for hours ....

I cloned git repo https://github.com/VeriumReserve/verium and then compiled and run the walled ... I tried this both with master and 1.1. tag, but the results are the same.

Maybe I need to punch some holes in the firewall? Maybe I need some extra setup? (any ideas?)

I guess I'll play with netstat and firewall settings and I'll look into the source and maybe I'll find what is wrong, but the bad news is that the wallet does not work out of the box - at least not in all cases.

Big brother is not watching you anymore. Big brother is telling you how to live.
singula

Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:49:29 PM

So, making a hole in firewall for port 36988 (and forwarding it) did the trick, however as the program does not advertise that this is necessary and average user may not be tech-savyy enough to use netstat and figure out by itself ... then I see it as a quite an ugly flaw of the wallet.

Or, if they are behind NAT over they which has no control (ie. they can't set up any port forwarding) ... then they might be out of luck even if they know exactly what is the problem.

Most other coins can work quite well without the port forwarding (I can't remember of having to forward ports for any of the other coins actually ...), so this is what might be unexpected even to more advanced users.

Big brother is not watching you anymore. Big brother is telling you how to live.
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:45:54 AM

Poloniex deposit disable?    Huh

not work

Working and Back up
Digitalmeme

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:16:23 AM

I thought I point my 12 core server to mining this coin, but whats benefit of having binary ledger? Please enlighten dumber than dumber VRC holder.
Mathgamain

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 01:10:59 PM

Dual chain will make VRC/VRM scalable, and therefore ready for mass adoption. Coins can be mined(VRM) and staked(VRC). VRC/VRM are pioneers, and offer better alternative for BTC (scalability issues).

- Freedom - Dreamcoin.fi -
Ginzink

Merit: 118

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:27:41 PM

Dual chain will make VRC/VRM scalable, and therefore ready for mass adoption. Coins can be mined(VRM) and staked(VRC). VRC/VRM are pioneers, and offer better alternative for BTC (scalability issues).

Yes the dual chain has a massive potential. The PR of the coin needs alot of work though.
Would be nice to have signatures made so we can use it while not in any signature campaign to support it. But this thread needs more attention aswell.

Even now that is is not live with dual chain, investors would usualy be interested because of the potential.
g1itch

Activity: 228

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:56:28 PM

Hello!

I cannot compile vericoind-1.7 and veriumd-1.1 with USE_AVX=1 USE_AVX2=1. The following errors are printed when linking:

Code:
obj/scrypt.o: In function `scrypt_N_1_1_256_multi(void*, uint256, int*, unsigned char*)':
scrypt.cpp:(.text+0xc76): undefined reference to `sha256_transform_8way'
scrypt.cpp:(.text+0xc96): undefined reference to `sha256_init_8way'
scrypt.cpp:(.text+0xcf8): undefined reference to `sha256_transform_8way'
scrypt.cpp:(.text+0xd04): undefined reference to `sha256_init_8way'

Does anyone know what the problem?

abudfv2008

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:12:05 PM

What hashrate supposed to be on i5/i7?
which miner is faster?
bilbro_baggins

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:30:09 PM

Hello!

I cannot compile vericoind-1.7 and veriumd-1.1 with USE_AVX=1 USE_AVX2=1. The following errors are printed when linking:

Code:
obj/scrypt.o: In function `scrypt_N_1_1_256_multi(void*, uint256, int*, unsigned char*)':
scrypt.cpp:(.text+0xc76): undefined reference to `sha256_transform_8way'
scrypt.cpp:(.text+0xc96): undefined reference to `sha256_init_8way'
scrypt.cpp:(.text+0xcf8): undefined reference to `sha256_transform_8way'
scrypt.cpp:(.text+0xd04): undefined reference to `sha256_init_8way'

Does anyone know what the problem?

I may not know for sure, but I think Verium is mined using the SSE instruction set, not AVX/2. I would just compile with default options, should take care of the issue assuming there aren't any package dependency issues.
bilbro_baggins

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:02:13 AM

So, making a hole in firewall for port 36988 (and forwarding it) did the trick, however as the program does not advertise that this is necessary and average user may not be tech-savyy enough to use netstat and figure out by itself ... then I see it as a quite an ugly flaw of the wallet.

Or, if they are behind NAT over they which has no control (ie. they can't set up any port forwarding) ... then they might be out of luck even if they know exactly what is the problem.

Most other coins can work quite well without the port forwarding (I can't remember of having to forward ports for any of the other coins actually ...), so this is what might be unexpected even to more advanced users.

That's interesting, I've never had to open any ports on any wallet I've ever used. Is your network double NAT'ed? Behind two firewall/routers by chance? One other thing you can verify is that you have the most update .conf file which has the most updated nodes. You can find that here: http://resources.vericoin.info/category/technical-support-files/
WhompedCoin

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:50:30 AM

Whats up everyone, noob here. I've recently been researching these alt coins and came across VeriCoin and Verium. It seems pretty straightforward to "mine" VeriCoin. Download the VeriCoin-Qt software, and start staking/mining. But my question is; is it possible/safe to mine VeriCoin through the app with a 2014 Macbook pro 1TB memory? Will it even work/will it damage computer in anyway? Sorry if sounding silly, but whats a forum without noobs like me, am i right?
bilbro_baggins

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:33:46 AM

Whats up everyone, noob here. I've recently been researching these alt coins and came across VeriCoin and Verium. It seems pretty straightforward to "mine" VeriCoin. Download the VeriCoin-Qt software, and start staking/mining. But my question is; is it possible/safe to mine VeriCoin through the app with a 2014 Macbook pro 1TB memory? Will it even work/will it damage computer in anyway? Sorry if sounding silly, but whats a forum without noobs like me, am i right?

Staking with VeriCoin on a Macbook Pro would be fine. I would be a little nervous to mine Verium though, Macbooks get pretty hot as is and if the heat sink is clogged (dust & hair) you can damage the CPU in the long run. If the Macbook stays cool with good ventilation you'll probably be fine.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: