Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:24:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Binary-Chain - VeriCoin and Verium - The First Dual-Blockchain Protocol  (Read 47627 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
WhompedCoin

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:17:58 PM

Whats up everyone, noob here. I've recently been researching these alt coins and came across VeriCoin and Verium. It seems pretty straightforward to "mine" VeriCoin. Download the VeriCoin-Qt software, and start staking/mining. But my question is; is it possible/safe to mine VeriCoin through the app with a 2014 Macbook pro 1TB memory? Will it even work/will it damage computer in anyway? Sorry if sounding silly, but whats a forum without noobs like me, am i right?

Staking with VeriCoin on a Macbook Pro would be fine. I would be a little nervous to mine Verium though, Macbooks get pretty hot as is and if the heat sink is clogged (dust & hair) you can damage the CPU in the long run. If the Macbook stays cool with good ventilation you'll probably be fine.

Thank you for the information. Now, my question is. Once I open and start staking, it says "Waiting for network connection" .... "0 connections". I have very high speed internet connect to my computer, so I am not sure why it is saying this? Is there anything I can do for it to connect and start staking (Waited for an hour and still says waiting for network connection).
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bilbro_baggins

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:05:55 AM

Whats up everyone, noob here. I've recently been researching these alt coins and came across VeriCoin and Verium. It seems pretty straightforward to "mine" VeriCoin. Download the VeriCoin-Qt software, and start staking/mining. But my question is; is it possible/safe to mine VeriCoin through the app with a 2014 Macbook pro 1TB memory? Will it even work/will it damage computer in anyway? Sorry if sounding silly, but whats a forum without noobs like me, am i right?

Staking with VeriCoin on a Macbook Pro would be fine. I would be a little nervous to mine Verium though, Macbooks get pretty hot as is and if the heat sink is clogged (dust & hair) you can damage the CPU in the long run. If the Macbook stays cool with good ventilation you'll probably be fine.

Thank you for the information. Now, my question is. Once I open and start staking, it says "Waiting for network connection" .... "0 connections". I have very high speed internet connect to my computer, so I am not sure why it is saying this? Is there anything I can do for it to connect and start staking (Waited for an hour and still says waiting for network connection).

File -> Reload Blockchain -> Check the box to download the vericoin.conf file. That should resolve that!
singula

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:24:01 AM

So, making a hole in firewall for port 36988 (and forwarding it) did the trick, however as the program does not advertise that this is necessary and average user may not be tech-savyy enough to use netstat and figure out by itself ... then I see it as a quite an ugly flaw of the wallet.

Or, if they are behind NAT over they which has no control (ie. they can't set up any port forwarding) ... then they might be out of luck even if they know exactly what is the problem.

Most other coins can work quite well without the port forwarding (I can't remember of having to forward ports for any of the other coins actually ...), so this is what might be unexpected even to more advanced users.

That's interesting, I've never had to open any ports on any wallet I've ever used. Is your network double NAT'ed? Behind two firewall/routers by chance? One other thing you can verify is that you have the most update .conf file which has the most updated nodes. You can find that here: http://resources.vericoin.info/category/technical-support-files/

Me neither, this one was the first. As soon as I opened the port, the wallet synced within a minute.
I don't have double NAT, the router at which I've opened the port has a public IPv4 address.

Big brother is not watching you anymore. Big brother is telling you how to live.
rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 12:59:12 PM

I like this.

Bought some Vericoin from Poloniex.. amazed at the speed of the send.

brillinat idea, I am certainly HODL.
Cr8t

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:54:53 PM

I have 2 outputs to same address with same txid. How is this possible? Is this a double not-spend? This went to an exchange and they will not honor the first output. Careful with VRC its making me problems.

TXid:14f63ec6d96e34e1e090a67ffb419f2c22558e2ce3047ef7f81ba9476889bd84

Inputs
Index   Previous output   Address   Amount
  0   ae19cf0fc5bd4657...:0   VY1QN5QgX3nPqEZpwHVMURaxxYF6Sf5xtq   2,893.44922598 VRC

Outputs
Index   Redeemed in   Address   Amount
   0    1b40381e38bb69a9...        VSSqiHYpesuCM6q8yqgj5TjAj9kMujc3et       2,393.39922598 VRC
   1    0adf6b0a62aba0a6...        VSSqiHYpesuCM6q8yqgj5TjAj9kMujc3et       500.0 VRC

Sorry for 2 posts
WhompedCoin

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:02:54 PM

File -> Reload Blockchain -> Check the box to download the vericoin.conf file. That should resolve that!

You're the man! Got it. It's been an hour since it's working and here's where I am at: I've got 35 connections, my block number is 2089683. My next question is.

My stacked blocks within (hours) says 0, why?
What is a block/what does it mean to be in number 2089683? Do I want a lower or higher number?
Is 30+ connections efficient?
If I closed my computer/stop stacking, is all my progress lost?
What does the interest rate/inflations/network coin staking rate mean? (11% 2% 8%)
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:54:56 PM

I have 2 outputs to same address with same txid. How is this possible? Is this a double not-spend? This went to an exchange and they will not honor the first output. Careful with VRC its making me problems.

TXid:14f63ec6d96e34e1e090a67ffb419f2c22558e2ce3047ef7f81ba9476889bd84

Inputs
Index   Previous output   Address   Amount
  0   ae19cf0fc5bd4657...:0   VY1QN5QgX3nPqEZpwHVMURaxxYF6Sf5xtq   2,893.44922598 VRC

Outputs
Index   Redeemed in   Address   Amount
   0    1b40381e38bb69a9...        VSSqiHYpesuCM6q8yqgj5TjAj9kMujc3et       2,393.39922598 VRC
   1    0adf6b0a62aba0a6...        VSSqiHYpesuCM6q8yqgj5TjAj9kMujc3et       500.0 VRC

Sorry for 2 posts

This transaction was done in June 2017, why are you asking now? The transaction completed on Poloniex's address and shows to be received at the right address, the inputs where split but sent to the same address and received. Poloniex are the only ones that correct this if it didn't show a proper balance on Poloniex's side.
Cr8t

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:25:20 PM

I been asking Poloniex support since june 28th but they do nothing. After 6 tickets and no help they blow me off. Now they do not even answer my tickets on the subject anymore. I been very patient but 6 months is VERY long time . 

It seems like exchanges are set up for 1 output and 1 address and 1 TXid  if you have 2 outputs to the same address and the same txid and address you can not claim the second output.

This only has happened to me with this VRC transaction but is IMPOSSIBLE to fix
knooters

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:52:09 PM

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but anyway... Decided to give mining a shot, so downloaded a Verium Vault program. However, it needs literally forever to fully synchronize with the network. Sitting at 86.1% for the entire day now, with 18-20 connections. Is there anything I can do to speed things up?
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 08:06:52 PM

Idea!?! Devs?

why not disable pooled mining so that everyone has to mine directly from the wallet/vault?

i feel a bit pushed out as I couldn't get my mac configured to mine on a pool, so i'm resigned to 4-threads using the wallet.
MAD945

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:24:47 PM

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but anyway... Decided to give mining a shot, so downloaded a Verium Vault program. However, it needs literally forever to fully synchronize with the network. Sitting at 86.1% for the entire day now, with 18-20 connections. Is there anything I can do to speed things up?

File > Reload Blockchain will get you the latest bootstrap which is update every 15mins

It should never take more then 5-10mins to sync for both VeriCoin and Verium
MAD945

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:27:49 PM

Idea!?! Devs?

why not disable pooled mining so that everyone has to mine directly from the wallet/vault?

i feel a bit pushed out as I couldn't get my mac configured to mine on a pool, so i'm resigned to 4-threads using the wallet.

Pools aren't owned by the developers but are community run, that is the whole idea of decentralization.

If you are having technical problems mining on a pool you can get live tech support in our Slack slack.vericoin.info

We are working on a One Click Pool miner which should be out shortly which will make pool mining very simple.
MAD945

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:31:45 PM

I been asking Poloniex support since june 28th but they do nothing. After 6 tickets and no help they blow me off. Now they do not even answer my tickets on the subject anymore. I been very patient but 6 months is VERY long time . 

It seems like exchanges are set up for 1 output and 1 address and 1 TXid  if you have 2 outputs to the same address and the same txid and address you can not claim the second output.

This only has happened to me with this VRC transaction but is IMPOSSIBLE to fix

I'm sorry you're having problems but unfortunately there is nothing we can do as the coins where sent and received by Poloniex. The VRC is at the address and Poloniex could easily retrieve the amount. I highly recommend not using Poloniex as they have poor customer service and rarely fix problems, Bittrex is  a better option(I know it doesn't help after the fact).

Please DM and I can see if we can expatiate a resolution
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 08:58:47 PM

Idea!?! Devs?

Pools aren't owned by the developers but are community run, that is the whole idea of decentralization.

If you are having technical problems mining on a pool you can get live tech support in our Slack slack.vericoin.info

We are working on a One Click Pool miner which should be out shortly which will make pool mining very simple.

this sounds good. I did try to get onto slack earlier but it wasn't connecting for some reason.
knooters

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:20:59 AM

File > Reload Blockchain will get you the latest bootstrap which is update every 15mins

Can't really make it work. But it's moving forward... slowly. Sitting at 96.1% right now.

2nd question of the day is if there are any thread limitations? The program runs on a (different) 48 thread server with 32GB RAM, but for some reason it's not utilizing the full potential of the setup. Currently it's at 27% only, which is not that impressive.
bilbro_baggins

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:34:11 AM

Can't really make it work. But it's moving forward... slowly. Sitting at 96.1% right now.

2nd question of the day is if there are any thread limitations? The program runs on a (different) 48 thread server with 32GB RAM, but for some reason it's not utilizing the full potential of the setup. Currently it's at 27% only, which is not that impressive.

What's your memory usage look like? I've got a feeling 32GB of RAM for 48 threads may not suffice. Verium is extremely memory hungry which is what makes it so ASIC resistant. I've got 6 threads running and I'm using roughly 5GB of RAM.
singula

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:23:31 PM

Same happened to me. If you are under NAT, you have to punch holes in your firewall and forward port 36988 to your PC

Big brother is not watching you anymore. Big brother is telling you how to live.
knooters

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:04:39 AM

What's your memory usage look like? I've got a feeling 32GB of RAM for 48 threads may not suffice. Verium is extremely memory hungry which is what makes it so ASIC resistant. I've got 6 threads running and I'm using roughly 5GB of RAM.

Just checked. Sitting at 7 GB, with 20+GB free RAM available.
bilbro_baggins

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:08:27 AM

Just checked. Sitting at 7 GB, with 20+GB free RAM available.

You might be better off asking the mining channel in the Vericoin slack. There's a few big time VRM miners around them parts. http://slack.vericoin.info
cody_772

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:58:01 AM

anybody knows when the verium silver coins will be shipped? sent a couple of DM's to socal but no response. I was hoping to receive it before Christmas  Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: