Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:12:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Binary-Chain - VeriCoin and Verium - The First Dual-Blockchain Protocol  (Read 47635 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mlpharaon

Activity: 53
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:45:14 PM

Some people are still suggesting to solo mine with the VRM wallet vault, which is pretty easy right? Just install the wallet and click start
mining and then your good to go?

Obviously its going to eat up a huge % of my cpu so i shouldnt expect to do anything else with the computer after starting mining?

Lastly what everyones experience been with i5 series cpu's? Is it even worth it?

Maybe someone that successful solo-mined vrm with a home cpu can tell you better if this worth or not .. Personally I've tried unsuccefully solo-mine with a i7 4770k for a couple of days, then I switched to a pool .. can you specify which cpu are you using?
Whatever is your mining style you can always set up the number of cores involved in mining, my suggestion is to keep one or two free cores for normal activity, this should be enough for browsing, texting and such little tasks, but probably you can't run a game with it ... last thing, if your cpu is a "k" series you can consider some little overclocking that can give you good benefits, just do it very carefully and if you are not expert read a lot about it and let someone advice you, a new cpu and a new mobo can cost a bit ..
bde3588c

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:27:47 AM

Some people are still suggesting to solo mine with the VRM wallet vault, which is pretty easy right? Just install the wallet and click start

Obviously its going to eat up a huge % of my cpu so i shouldnt expect to do anything else with the computer after starting mining?

Lastly what everyones experience been with i5 series cpu's? Is it even worth it?

Maybe someone that successful solo-mined vrm with a home cpu can tell you better if this worth or not .. Personally I've tried unsuccefully solo-mine with a i7 4770k for a couple of days, then I switched to a pool .. can you specify which cpu are you using?
Whatever is your mining style you can always set up the number of cores involved in mining, my suggestion is to keep one or two free cores for normal activity, this should be enough for browsing, texting and such little tasks, but probably you can't run a game with it ... last thing, if your cpu is a "k" series you can consider some little overclocking that can give you good benefits, just do it very carefully and if you are not expert read a lot about it and let someone advice you, a new cpu and a new mobo can cost a bit ..

I'd be interested in hearing about someone that has successfully solo-mined as well. I gave it a try with more than a few hashes as you can see below, for about 4 hours and nothing. I probably need to be more patient... Sad

Code:
root:/veriumMiner# ~/verium/wallet/src/veriumd getmininginfo
{
    "blocks" : 163300,
    "currentblocksize" : 1230,
    "currentblocktx" : 1,
    "difficulty" : 0.01493824,
    "blocktime (min)" : 3.91666667,
    "blockreward (VRM)" : 3.77388750,
    "nethashrate (kH/m)" : 21079.91209069,
    "hashrate (H/m)" : 0.00000000,
    "est. block rate (hrs)" : 0.00000000,
    "errors" : "",
    "pooledtx" : 3,
    "blocksperhour" : 18,
    "testnet" : false
}
linklinklink

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:22:27 AM

I find it bizarre the fluctuation between VRC and VRM. I've seen large swings on VRC but relatively small movements on VRM. VRM is set up to be the gold standard and facilitate basically the secure area of the network. I'm surprised it hasn't matched the movement of the other currency especially it's appreciation given the substantially lower quantity of available coins.

I'm used to stock sectors and related companies so I definitely see a disconnect here since the speculation is so high with crypto.

travellingwolf

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:38:02 AM

Does someone know how to setup an Odroid XU4 to mine Verium in a Pool?
thx

I would suggest joining the vericoin/verium slack channel http://slack.vericoin.info/

There is an odroid image that works perfectly with the xu4.

Also, do read https://steemit.com/verium/@birty/cpu-mining-is-back-a-complete-how-to-guide-and-profit-analysis-for-verium-mining-on-a-farm-of-single-board-computers-part-2b

Finally, here's a link to fireworm's version of the miner (use this) https://github.com/fireworm71/veriumMiner/blob/main/README.md
travellingwolf

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:48:59 AM

That's right, the vault will be the easiest way to get into mining. The UI will return an estimated number of days before you get a block.

On my i7 I have a chance of getting a block about once a month. But you could get lucky and get one sooner. If you want more constant returns, check out the various mining pools (https://www.reddit.com/r/vericoin - mining pools on right panel), you'll usually get a small bit of verium every day.

The vault allows you to choose how many cpus to mine with, so you can just set aside one core or more, depending on your workload. There is a google doc link a few posts above with various cpus to compare against.

Have fun!
zenyfomax1

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:30:38 AM

two coins make things a bit confusing Smiley one forum, one slack, but two twitters, ...
zenyfomax1

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:05:06 AM

this project needs an FAQ! i have some unanswered questions, particularly how will the relative pricing between VRC & VRM be determined when the binary chain is active? will there be some fee when converting between VRC & VRM? how exactly will the conversion be handled, e.g. will there be some nodes that act as an exchange service? will the conversion change the money supply of VRC & VRM (because my impression is over time people will want to convert their VRC to VRM because VRM will naturally go up in price).

and a somewhat unrelated question: is there other coin that work like this (binary) but connect to an existing coin, for example to bitcoin (which is PoW and will act as the digital gold) and this new coin will use PoS/PoST and also be convertible to bitcoin without 3rd party exchange.
ght3d

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:46:43 PM

from 7$ a coin to 18$ a coin in less than an hour today. I wonder what made it jump so high and so fast. I remember it was 2$ a coin a couple of months ago. Now switched to other CPU coins after difficulty increased drastically.
Anodas

Activity: 61

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 03:29:00 PM

Hello, during installation of the program I faced the problem.
"An error ocurred. The bootstrap file could not be found. Please try to download it again."
Downloading again does not help  Huh

Ginzink

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:48:00 PM

Very excited to finally see some movement with vrm! Before there have been pump and dumps, but with the roadmap ahead and bull market lets see if the value will hold this time. I never dare to sell and try to buy low as the mcap is so low and it can surge up!
scattypatty

Activity: 124

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:43:26 PM

Huge pump  Shocked will buy a few of these as volume and interest still seems to be building.
ars_al

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:52:09 PM

Huge jump today Shocked, Verium 18.98$ at the time of writing this. What is the news?
scattypatty

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:34:04 PM

I bought 500 as I think we could see the price double again today as very small market cap. I am not sure but we will see  Grin
Mika141

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:38:59 PM

It will be 50$ tommorow
Aste_riks

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:12:01 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2018, 07:44:45 PM by Aste_riks

Hello.
I try mining verium solo. I use three computers. On the server I launch Verium Vault.
On other I used veriumminer https://github.com/effectsToCause/veriumMiner
I used this guids http://resources.vericoin.info/wp-content/uploads/Verium-Solo-Mining-Guide.pdf
When veriumminer worked, i get next: https://i.imgur.com/z4f3Fab.png
But I don't see total hashrate on Verium Vault.
Did I do it right?
How I can see my total hashrate?
StelioKontos

Activity: 840
Merit: 267

Chad Hodler since 2013

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:42:04 PM

I bought 500 as I think we could see the price double again today as very small market cap. I am not sure but we will see  Grin

I bought 47'000 as well.

No wait, just kidding. I wish I had the funds to do that.

freebitcoin
BTC faucet & more
scattypatty

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:49:31 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 10:23:24 PM by scattypatty

I bought 47'000 as well.

I got very lucky with raiblocks  Cheesy I have never seen a coin go up 100x but I was very lucky for the first time Cool I hope you have good success in crypto my friend!
linklinklink

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:41:08 AM

from 7$ a coin to 18$ a coin in less than an hour today. I wonder what made it jump so high and so fast. I remember it was 2$ a coin a couple of months ago. Now switched to other CPU coins after difficulty increased drastically.

Any recommendations on other CPU coins to mine that are relatively new?

I was lucky and got into VRM near the beginning.
Thanks
Ginzink

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:44:32 AM

I bought 47'000 as well.

I got very lucky with raiblocks  Cheesy I have never seen a coin go up 100x but I was very lucky for the first time Cool I hope you have good success in crypto my friend!

If dual chain gets online while we are in bull market you may see it again! And with 500 verium i dont even want to do that math haha :p unfortunately i only got about 50 myself, hoped to buy back more before the next spike but verium is in a positive trend.
linklinklink

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:28:28 AM

Why are we popping up right now? There's zero news, we have no software updates. I don't like that we've been targeted by the FOMO big players. I want this thing to be driven by actual organic growth not this artificial rise.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: