Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:36:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 01:38:57 AM

I have checked in the alpha version of stratis-biblepayd last night.  This is for developers only (unless you are an extreme power user with visual studio 2017).  Please read the bottom of the front page (Biblepay section in the readme.md) for more compile info.  The repo is called "biblepay\StratisBitcoinFullNode".

This version syncs biblepayd in stratis in console mode, but remember we dont have the consensus rules checked in yet, and the GUI is in pre-alpha still.

Cool, will take a look!
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 03:10:26 AM

I have checked in the alpha version of stratis-biblepayd last night.  This is for developers only (unless you are an extreme power user with visual studio 2017).  Please read the bottom of the front page (Biblepay section in the readme.md) for more compile info.  The repo is called "biblepay\StratisBitcoinFullNode".

This version syncs biblepayd in stratis in console mode, but remember we dont have the consensus rules checked in yet, and the GUI is in pre-alpha still.

Cool, will take a look!

Yeah, its a pretty major breakthrough for us.  Now we have kjv.cs in a c# project producing biblehashes.

Just PM me after you sync to the top if you can't get the GUI working.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:33:26 AM

PurePool:
@Lichtsucher, Apart from the daily Autosend that is not working, I see in the Pool Statistics that the number of shares dropped a lot but the pool keeps founding blocks.

Update: The last block paid was 57760 and no more entries in the Transactions since July 13, 2018, 9:30 a.m. It seems that it got stuck again.

Mhh, strange problem. The Biblepayd had used a lot of ram for a short time, so the OS killed some other daemons. My background job system (which checks the solutions and do the transactions) got half of its processes killed. With that, it could not hold up with the amount of tasks. But with some tasks running, my alert system wasn't triggered.

Fixed it by restarting the jobs, plus I corrected the stuck block. Payouts are already done, missing blocks are shared out right now.
Some solutions got lost, but it hit everybody the same way, so in the end, it should bring the same amount of bbp in the end for everybody Smiley

I'm not sure why it is more unstable with the newer biblepay releases. It worked so well before :/

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
cryptocadxyz

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:43:02 AM

** Update on World Community Grid **

Summary:  A) We need users to enable export authorization from their respective web accounts, B) We need to test this to see if it works for Biblepay

I'll take a look at testing this today.

Please look for a checkbox in your WCG account to enable publically sharing your RAC data and please enable it.

All,

I found the setting :

Navigate to worldcommunitygrid.org | Log in

Click Settings | My Profile | Scroll down to the middle of the page | Look for Display My Data:

Choose to display or hide your data
You can control whether your data is displayed or hidden. If you choose to display your data, your username and contribution statistics will be shown on our leader boards, your badges and country (if specified) will be shown in our forums and your user and device information will be included in any data export files. See our Privacy Statement for more details.

Display my data
           Hide my data

Select "Display My Data"

Save

- I will test with my CPID asap.

I had this on by default. I think it should not have been as I have reported european country.

Yes, I have a few WCG accounts from back in the day, and I see the default is set to Show the data.  So that's great from our perspective as our users wont have to change anything by default...

Checking into our Sanctuary Integration in detail, it looks like we are back in business with WCG.  Everything looks like its fine.

I've just re-enabled WCG as our 2nd project.  RAC should start being paid within 24 hours.  NOTE It might be too late for tomorrow morning's 8AM superblock, but by Sunday morning we should see WCG payments going out again.

The project factor is set back to 1.5 WCG points per 1 Rosetta point.  

Rob, could you clarify the calculation?
I was looking at the superblockview and saw that the following formula seems to be at work to determine the RAC used to calculate one's share

ModifiedRAC = (AvgRAC + WCGRac) * UTXOWeight

2 questions.

#1: Does 1.5 WCG points per 1 Rosetta point mean that if one has 1500 WCG RAC, it's only worth 1000 Rosetta RAC? I seem to recall a debate about WCG being more difficult and perhaps its the other way around?

#2: Is the WCGRAC reported in the superblock view the already "adjusted" amount? In other words, if I see WCGRAC at 1000, does that mean it was adjusted downwards from 1500?

Thanks!

afeno

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:16:21 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2018, 12:22:24 PM by afeno

PurePool:
@Lichtsucher, Apart from the daily Autosend that is not working, I see in the Pool Statistics that the number of shares dropped a lot but the pool keeps founding blocks.

Update: The last block paid was 57760 and no more entries in the Transactions since July 13, 2018, 9:30 a.m. It seems that it got stuck again.

Mhh, strange problem. The Biblepayd had used a lot of ram for a short time, so the OS killed some other daemons. My background job system (which checks the solutions and do the transactions) got half of its processes killed. With that, it could not hold up with the amount of tasks. But with some tasks running, my alert system wasn't triggered.

Fixed it by restarting the jobs, plus I corrected the stuck block. Payouts are already done, missing blocks are shared out right now.
Some solutions got lost, but it hit everybody the same way, so in the end, it should bring the same amount of bbp in the end for everybody Smiley

I'm not sure why it is more unstable with the newer biblepay releases. It worked so well before :/

Thank you Light. I noticed that the transaction started to flush but it got stuck at block 57909. No more payments after that block.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 01:53:46 PM

PurePool:

So Ive been running 1.1.3.8 on windows and linux for a few days now, looking at windows its using 265K and linux 277K.

So thats the same as the prior old versions used.

First of all, lets look at your ram use after running 24 hours.

Try this- get process id of biblepay then type:
sudo pmap -x pid
Look at total RSS (resident ram consumption)
See if its higher than 350K for you.

If so let us know what module is hogging the ram.

Next, verify you are not changing the source code before you compile.  I posted a few pages back that changing the openssl declarations is not a good idea, and we should be compiled against 101k.  So if you need to create a custom build you will have to compile 101k first, then use the OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH= and OPENSSL_LIB_PATH= to point to the specific binary to compile against.

Also it would be good to create a rough baseline if you do find a memory issue, let us know the pattern.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 01:59:40 PM

** Update on World Community Grid **

Summary:  A) We need users to enable export authorization from their respective web accounts, B) We need to test this to see if it works for Biblepay

I'll take a look at testing this today.

Please look for a checkbox in your WCG account to enable publically sharing your RAC data and please enable it.

I had this on by default. I think it should not have been as I have reported european country.

Yes, I have a few WCG accounts from back in the day, and I see the default is set to Show the data.  So that's great from our perspective as our users wont have to change anything by default...

Checking into our Sanctuary Integration in detail, it looks like we are back in business with WCG.  Everything looks like its fine.

I've just re-enabled WCG as our 2nd project.  RAC should start being paid within 24 hours.  NOTE It might be too late for tomorrow morning's 8AM superblock, but by Sunday morning we should see WCG payments going out again.

The project factor is set back to 1.5 WCG points per 1 Rosetta point.  

Rob, could you clarify the calculation?
I was looking at the superblockview and saw that the following formula seems to be at work to determine the RAC used to calculate one's share

ModifiedRAC = (AvgRAC + WCGRac) * UTXOWeight

2 questions.

#1: Does 1.5 WCG points per 1 Rosetta point mean that if one has 1500 WCG RAC, it's only worth 1000 Rosetta RAC? I seem to recall a debate about WCG being more difficult and perhaps its the other way around?

#2: Is the WCGRAC reported in the superblock view the already "adjusted" amount? In other words, if I see WCGRAC at 1000, does that mean it was adjusted downwards from 1500?

Thanks!

On #1, WCG is 1.5* more difficult so we reward 1.5* the RAC on WCG's rac.  (There was a discussion of some wild fluctuations at first but we seemed to hone in on 1.5, basically, when running all the WCG work mixed from the web portal).  

On #2, the Sancs do multiply the WCG * its project factor of 1.5 first, so when you read the pool superblock view:   The "AvgRac" is the Rosetta RAC, the WCGRac is the adjusted WCGRac (you can find the original figure in your Boinc client GUI row for WCG in the running projects, under RAC, that is in your boincmanager.exe GUI (not in WCGs portal)), then the Total is the Total RAC (of those two figs) * the UTXO Level %.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
SVK Noko

Activity: 267

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:46:42 PM

Biblepay-core.org is a little bit out of the picture I think.
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 03:56:22 PM

I have checked in the alpha version of stratis-biblepayd last night.  This is for developers only (unless you are an extreme power user with visual studio 2017).  Please read the bottom of the front page (Biblepay section in the readme.md) for more compile info.  The repo is called "biblepay\StratisBitcoinFullNode".

Cool, will take a look!

Yeah, its a pretty major breakthrough for us.  Now we have kjv.cs in a c# project producing biblehashes.

Had to manually download the .NET 2.1 sdk from
https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/visual-studio-sdks

After that it compiled fine.

I'm assuming there is not currently a migration path for the wallet from BBPCore->Stratus at the moment?

Started running the daemon, will let it sync.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 06:41:18 PM

I have checked in the alpha version of stratis-biblepayd last night.  This is for developers only (unless you are an extreme power user with visual studio 2017).  Please read the bottom of the front page (Biblepay section in the readme.md) for more compile info.  The repo is called "biblepay\StratisBitcoinFullNode".

Cool, will take a look!

Yeah, its a pretty major breakthrough for us.  Now we have kjv.cs in a c# project producing biblehashes.

Had to manually download the .NET 2.1 sdk from
https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/visual-studio-sdks

After that it compiled fine.

I'm assuming there is not currently a migration path for the wallet from BBPCore->Stratus at the moment?

Started running the daemon, will let it sync.

There is not a migration path yet, but we already enabled the HD wallet in stratis, so stratis runs side by side QT for the next couple years.  And since you can send money back and forth, and we have plans for a full governance module, I don't see the need for a migration plan.  The blocks are all there (we aren't in need of starting with a new blockchain).

My thoughts are that we would build our superblock payments, CPID association, voting, and full compatibility, so a user would be in beta on stratis for a long time and if hiccups occur, they go back to prod using biblepaycore until we work it out.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 09:43:34 PM

There is not a migration path yet, but we already enabled the HD wallet in stratis, so stratis runs side by side QT for the next couple years.  And since you can send money back and forth, and we have plans for a full governance module, I don't see the need for a migration plan.  The blocks are all there (we aren't in need of starting with a new blockchain).

My thoughts are that we would build our superblock payments, CPID association, voting, and full compatibility, so a user would be in beta on stratis for a long time and if hiccups occur, they go back to prod using biblepaycore until we work it out.

So far have caught 2 "mempool" exceptions,  it seems to handle them fine after I resume.  

Overall the plans sound logical, I guess I was thinking more importing public key from your QT wallet, I can see it isn't needed right now, but in the future would be nice to offer.

The biblepay GUI shows the logo and background but I don't see anything else currently, it also seems to take a while to load.. will look to see if this an issue on my machine
afeno

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:26:40 PM

@Lichtsucher, It seems that the transactions in PurePool started to flush again tonight at midnight CET but we are missing the transactions for the blocks found between 57909 (July 13, 2018, 3:35 a.m.) and 58090 (July 14, 2018, 12:32 a.m).
45 blocks are missing in total.
We keep in touch. Thanks.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 02:16:47 AM

So far have caught 2 "mempool" exceptions,  it seems to handle them fine after I resume.  

Overall the plans sound logical, I guess I was thinking more importing public key from your QT wallet, I can see it isn't needed right now, but in the future would be nice to offer.

The biblepay GUI shows the logo and background but I don't see anything else currently, it also seems to take a while to load.. will look to see if this an issue on my machine

Yeah I saw some of those, but it seems to be accepting all the valid transactions live, so we will need to specifically see what threw the mempool error.
On the GUI, please send me your home IP address.  We have to whitelist you for it to pull the GUI contents.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
SVK Noko

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:58:27 AM

Any news regarding the CryptoBridge listening ?
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:38:35 AM

No News, I believe its been about 12 days since we paid the listing fee,

Their Add Coin page says: "Standard: Generally 14-21 days from payment to listing"
https://crypto-bridge.org/addcoin.php

If anyone has Bitcoin to donate, we could fast track it Wink

SVK Noko

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:49:04 AM

Their Add Coin page says: "Standard: Generally 14-21 days from payment to listing"

2 BTC lost is enought Wink
togoshigekata

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2018, 12:10:46 PM by togoshigekata

I believe our listing fee was only 1 BTC, their current price is 2 BTC, but we got in early before the price increase

The coins are not "lost", They have been paid to CryptoBridge

===

I think Jaap mentioned he has 1 BTC worth in the exchange fund,

so we are probably about 2 budget cycles away from having the 2 BTC to pay for CoinExchange.io listing

togoshigekata

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:18:17 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2018, 12:57:23 PM by togoshigekata

I believe our listing fee was only 1 BTC, their current price is 2 BTC, but we got in early before the price increase

The coins are not "lost", They have been paid to CryptoBridge

===

I think Jaap mentioned he has 1 BTC worth in the exchange fund,

so we are probably about 2 budget cycles away from having the 2 BTC to pay for CoinExchange.io listing

Good News, I heard back from sherlock-holmes from CryptoBridge:

"Your coin will be listed in the next days - tomorrow or Tuesday"

Learning Videos:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/8z1aaw/cryptobridge_decentralized_exchange/

leetlezee

Activity: 232
Merit: 38

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:21:38 PM

Good News, I heard back from sherlock-holmes from CryptoBridge:

"Your coin will be listed in the next days - tomorrow or Tuesday"

Awesome, this is amazing! Hopefully we see good volume on CB.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 02:37:09 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2018, 06:09:13 PM by bible_pay

** COOL UPDATE FOR NEW USERS **

So over the last few days Jaap has spearheaded a plan to create a 1 million BBP airdrop for brand new users to expose us to the world.

One of the aspects within his detailed requirements was the inability for a brand new user to receive enough of a reward to even associate a CPID ( which costs less than 1 bbp ) without going to the exchange and buying some coins.  He also explained that its pretty hard to get started heat mining, since you need to have magnitude to even be lucky enough to mine a 400 bbp block.

So in light of this I told him we could create a New User Faucet providing up to 1000 bbp for brand new users.  This should be enough to start small and have some ability to UTXO stake while the RAC is still low.

In the spirit of this, now if you navigate to pool.biblepay.org to the Faucet, you will see the requirements are:

• Your CPID must be a member of team Biblepay in Rosetta@Home or World Community Grid
  • You must have a CPID that has not been paid by the faucet previously
  • You must have more than 100 RAC in either Rosetta@Home or World Community Grid
    • You must not be in any biblepay superblock as a researcher
    • Your IP must not have received a faucet reward in the past

Note that we temporarily set the reward to 100 bbp while we test this to ensure there is no abuse.

Please kick it around and see if it fills our need!

Have a great day and Praise Jesus.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: