Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:10:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 [462] 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
afeno

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:06:47 AM

@Lichtsucher, the PurePool is not founding blocks since yesterday 9pm. (more than 12 hours ago).
It was stable for some time but It is stuck again. Could you please have a look?

Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Set Ready Go

Activity: 273
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:09:38 AM

@Lichtsucher, the PurePool is not founding blocks since yesterday 9pm. (more than 12 hours ago).
It was stable for some time but It is stuck again. Could you please have a look?

Thank you!

Just checked my miner and can confirm.
Just getting connectionrefusederror
AlisterPlus

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:08:52 AM

Yes. I confirm. Everything is stopped in

Thank you!

Yes. I confirm. Everything is stopped in PurePool
Guys, I started mining BBP 1 month ago and since I started I have had a lot of headaches due to PurePool instability. When I see a problems I don’t know if the problem is with my wallet or with the pool. Very frustrating...
This is not motivating new comers to stay with BBP.

I saw that you are looking for new miners and purepool is perfect (easy and clean) but you need to improve stability.

Im moving now from heat mining to PODC but I would recommend you to stabilize PurePool for the new commers to stay.
fenin0018

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:19:51 AM

Thank you!

Guys, I started mining BBP 1 month ago and since I started I have had a lot of headaches due to PurePool instability. When I see a problems I don’t know if the problem is with my wallet or with the pool. Very frustrating...

I saw that you are looking for new miners and purepool is perfect (easy and clean) but you need to improve stability.

Im moving now from heat mining to PODC but I would recommend you to stabilize PurePool for the new commers to stay.

Yes, PurePool is down again. Hope @Lichtsucher con get it back on track.
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:03:08 AM

Mhh, the biblepay client crashed in an ugly way and another job filled the disk with error logs after that. I needed to reindex the blockchain to recover the biblepay client.

Hope it can fix everything automaticly, if not then I will look at it in more detail tomorrow Smiley

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 11:14:46 AM

Bitcoin is not particularly much down in price, but the token of this project has fallen quite strongly and this indicates the attitude of developers to the project. I hope the developers do not think about it.

Do your research right and don't just drop a templated one-line post.

All masternode coins (not "tokens" by the way) accumulate a 75-90% fall on average. Biblepay only a 50%.

MIP, he is spamming to get his signature advertisement into the thread...
fenin0018

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:44:50 AM

Mhh, the biblepay client crashed in an ugly way and another job filled the disk with error logs after that. I needed to reindex the blockchain to recover the biblepay client.

Hope it can fix everything automaticly, if not then I will look at it in more detail tomorrow Smiley

Thanks Light, hope you can fix it soon.
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:55:25 AM

Bitcoin is not particularly much down in price, but the token of this project has fallen quite strongly and this indicates the attitude of developers to the project. I hope the developers do not think about it.

Do your research right and don't just drop a templated one-line post.

All masternode coins (not "tokens" by the way) accumulate a 75-90% fall on average. Biblepay only a 50%.

Yeah I guess, thank you.
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 02:39:28 PM

So I saved the blockchain from one of my sanctuaries that forked last week (I guess this was about 7 days ago) and I did some detailed analysis on the issue and found the exact root cause.

We had a block at 63829 that was marked invalid by a certain percentage of the network, and this caused a fork to appear.  On the nodes that marked the block as bad, I confirmed that our "feature" we added (calling reconsiderblock 205 times) actually fails to unmark the bad block as good, hence the reason the node stays in that state no matter what is done (you can move the chain back 1000 blocks, you can manually type reconsiderblock blockhash with the known bad block, etc, but the chainstate persistently keeps the block in its 'dirty' ~BLOCK_FAILED_MASK state, meaning that reconsiderblock does not actually unset our state in practice.  This also explains why an entire resync of the chain is necessary to allow the client to go down the fork with the higher work.

So for the short term solution, I added a feature that detects a fork (I verified that it would have detected the case of 63829 in this case), and erases the entire chainstate and blocks and restarts the wallet in QT.    This is just to provide resilience for now during our next release so that no manual intervention is required (since this appears to only happen a couple times a year).

The longer term solution is for me to find out why 63829 was marked bad to begin with and prevent forks.  This might be impossible as forks occasionally appear on all chains.  We can also look into ways to roll the chain back more gently for the long term solution (IE clear the failed mask state). 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 02:41:03 PM

Since you are one of our devs, if your client crashes more than once in 6 months, I recommend you run valgrind on it and give us the line # so we can fix it if its crashing in such an "ugly" way Smiley.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 02:42:46 PM

Thank you!

Btw, pool.biblepay.org is our alternative POBH pool, you can always try it and see if it helps you with reliability.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 02:59:34 PM

Togo- also add that we receive one Personal letter per month from each orphan and keep electronic copies.  Its obviously apparent that we sponsor the stated number of children.

I argue that we are more transparent than Enron.  We have electronic copies of everything that reconciles.  This is better than certified accountants that falsify things for wall street.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:44:35 PM

I'm on a train in the next hours and have a bad internet connection, so debugging is hard:

Right now, a lot of solutions on purepool are rejected because of wrong block height ( I can't see what the wrong height is, sadly)
But Purepool is on the same chain as the main explorer and biblepay-central explorer:
http://explorer.biblepay.org:3001/block/46fa6d70eb63c52cc683619ef2952a7e7ae04aff935eb8d17fd9b152d87c54dd

Is it likely that so many users are on a different chain right now?

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 05:05:11 PM

I just got a call from Compassion about Juneyssi Yalile Cabrera Gonzalez,

with very bad news.

She was caught up as a victim in the middle of the Civil Unrest in Nicaragua, and is missing.

They are keeping an eye out for her and the local church compassion office is still open and helping other orphans.

Please add her to your prayers.  I will add a prayer to our wallet now.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
noxpost

Activity: 235

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:08:16 PM

So I saved the blockchain from one of my sanctuaries that forked last week (I guess this was about 7 days ago) and I did some detailed analysis on the issue and found the exact root cause.

We had a block at 63829 that was marked invalid by a certain percentage of the network, and this caused a fork to appear.  On the nodes that marked the block as bad, I confirmed that our "feature" we added (calling reconsiderblock 205 times) actually fails to unmark the bad block as good, hence the reason the node stays in that state no matter what is done (you can move the chain back 1000 blocks, you can manually type reconsiderblock blockhash with the known bad block, etc, but the chainstate persistently keeps the block in its 'dirty' ~BLOCK_FAILED_MASK state, meaning that reconsiderblock does not actually unset our state in practice.  This also explains why an entire resync of the chain is necessary to allow the client to go down the fork with the higher work.

So for the short term solution, I added a feature that detects a fork (I verified that it would have detected the case of 63829 in this case), and erases the entire chainstate and blocks and restarts the wallet in QT.    This is just to provide resilience for now during our next release so that no manual intervention is required (since this appears to only happen a couple times a year).

The longer term solution is for me to find out why 63829 was marked bad to begin with and prevent forks.  This might be impossible as forks occasionally appear on all chains.  We can also look into ways to roll the chain back more gently for the long term solution (IE clear the failed mask state). 

This is good, proactive analysis/correction and positive updates. Thanks Rob.
noxpost

Activity: 235

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:12:22 PM

I just got a call from Compassion about Juneyssi Yalile Cabrera Gonzalez,

with very bad news.

She was caught up as a victim in the middle of the Civil Unrest in Nicaragua, and is missing.

They are keeping an eye out for her and the local church compassion office is still open and helping other orphans.

Please add her to your prayers.  I will add a prayer to our wallet now.

Yikes, praying for sure. Just a few months ago during the dam break in Kenya there was some concern that one of the girls my wife and I sponsor outside of BBP was affected, and she was out of touch for a worrisome amount of time. Luckily, she was eventually found safe. Prayers going up now for Juneyssi.
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:33:42 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2018, 08:43:35 PM by slovakia

lichtsucher rewards from POW works .. good job  but your biblepay-central is full of desinformations ... you took bbp for web and whats next? shame

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:36:33 PM

You can check the post history of bitcointalk accounts,
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1001285;sa=showPosts
Click the user's profile and click "Show the last posts of this person" at the bottom

this account has probably been sold and exchanged hands, original posts were in Russian,
and this account is probably paid to have that signature and paid to make X posts a day,
youll find these accounts posting one line sentences into lots of ANN threads

thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 11:41:42 PM

You can check the post history of bitcointalk accounts,
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1001285;sa=showPosts
Click the user's profile and click "Show the last posts of this person" at the bottom

this account has probably been sold and exchanged hands, original posts were in Russian,
and this account is probably paid to have that signature and paid to make X posts a day,
youll find these accounts posting one line sentences into lots of ANN threads

Yep... I keep reporting them as spam Smiley
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:03:21 AM

Couple of thoughts, these are just my opinions and not the canon belief of the coin, but I think could spawn some good discussion.

On the thought of removing the Team BiblePay requirement to PoDC.  I understand we would gain more users, but I fear we would alienate our current mining base.  I'm pretty sure without the team requirement it will be harder to show our value to the scientific community.  Sure, we can show how many people get BBP and user BOINC, but we could no longer claim those as our unique users.  While we've not been able to capitalize on the potential PR value of Team BiblePay yet, I think it is there.

We have enough exchanges: With the addition of Cryptobridge and the upcoming addition of Coinexchange, in addition to SouthXchange, QIEX and C-Cex, we have enough markets to provide stability.  Sure, the last two have had some issues, but the first two should provide enough market stability.  The only other exchanges we should be courting would be top 40 exchanges and many of those don't accept paid listings so for all practical purposes, I think we are where we need to be with that.

I do believe we need to seriously consider two moderate changes to the coin.

The first is to remove the Dark Gravity Wave component from the PoDC and Sanctuary payments and keep it solely for the PoBH (heat mining) payments.  This would still protect against an influx of hash rate, but would allow investors to have a more dependable ROI for Sanctuaries.  In the last month I've seen payments range from approximately 3900 to approximately 4600.  This is a variation of nearly 20%, and adds too much complexity to the coin, skews the potential maximum emissions and I believe would be of benefit to change.  It would also make Sanctuaries and PoDC miners get equal rewards, whereas right now, PoDC gets more in a day than the collective sum of winning Sanctuaries.  In short, give the lucky Sanctuary 38.5% of the current block maximum, rather than the DGW Modified value.

The second is put a lower cap on the emission, preventing it from going below 200 BBP per block (before accounting for the budgetary parameters).  This would mean no max supply, but would only add approximately 7% to the current theoretical maximum every 50 years.  This would send a message that 1) we intended to be around more than 50 years and 2) Will still be supporting our charities and having a workable budget.

While we could discuss either of these points further down the line, I think considering them now, while we're still relatively young, would be best.

Hi West,

I've haven't read bitcointalk much when I was abroad, and I don't know if there has been recent talk of removing the Team BiblePay requirement to PoDC, but I agree with you that having the team-requirement is something we should cherish. It's a strong statement. Whether it's the smartest in terms of adoption is debatable, but I'd rather have a smaller and committed group than a larger less-committed (also if terms of HODL).

I agree that we're fine for now on the exchange-front. Our efforts should now shift mainly to PR.

About the changes for the coin: I have thought about the variable Sanctuary payments in the past, and I agree with you that it would be more fair that Sanctuaries and PoDC miners get equal rewards. I have only limited knowledge about the technicalities behind this, but I think this is a fair point to discuss.

About putting a lower cap on the emission: I guess there are different theories about this. I think it's a good point you mention with BiblePay needing a workable budget in the far future. But I guess that the thing is that we have no idea what the future will bring. Maybe the BiblePay foundation will have products by then that will ensure a steady source of income (for charities). Of course, the decentralized nature may change I guess? But maybe we can have a donation address by then, and the contents of that address can still be divided in a decentralized way.

Rob, when creating the coin, did you envision a certain future with regards to the eventually zero block-reward and decentralized charity donations?

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 [462] 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: