Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:24:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243164 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 01:55:00 PM

Something strange that I just spotted today: Despite keeping the (v1.1.2.4) Biblepay wallet open all the time, it suddenly stopped sending PODC updates on the 22nd May, with my last payment on the 23rd May.  Boinc was still working and I was still generating RAC.

Could you first try parsing the log - search for "PODCUpdate", see if an error is shown (with the reason the wallet could not allocate enough to send).

Or search for 'biblepayminer' and see if the mining thread exited as a last resort.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 02:16:08 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2018, 02:49:14 PM by bible_pay

** WORLD COMMUNITY GRID - EUROPEAN DATA PROCESSING AGREEMENT - UPDATE **

Due to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) rules going into effect on May 25th, 2018, the BOINC dev team has decided it must implement
the ability to (https://github.com/BOINC/boinc/issues/2447):
 - Allow the user to choose if the CPID, RAC, Username, and crunch statistics should be shared as Public or Not Public.  BOINC has decided to place this radio button or
checkbox on the web account of each project (so the user may choose this switch value).
 - Allow the user to choose to DELETE the entire account.  From what I understand this button will be inside the web account, the user will click it, a confirmation e-mail will be sent,
the user will confirm via e-mail, and then after a certain amount of time, the project will purge all user data from BOINC for that particular project.

The daily statistic dump files will be filtered in a way where they will not include users who Hide the account data (IE they made it private).  Deleted users will be missing completely.

Technically, if the above implementation goes as planned (I believe the devs are still testing the changes for most projects) and some projects have not upgraded (this means some admins of certain boinc projects have not pulled the repo upgrades),
these changes will not impact biblepay (IE- for Rosetta@Home), as long as Rosetta does not add additional business logic on top of the BOINC business logic for GDPR.

The reason WCG is affected, is IBM took this a step further and require each data consumer (IE our sanctuaries) to adhere to the WCG Data Processing Agreement.
This agreement will most likely contain a clause that (asks consumers of the DPA) promising to honor any deleted user flag (that we will not persistently show stats for the deleted user
after the deletion occurs), that we will not cache the data and show it after the user hides the data, and potentially will not share the data with other consumers, etc.

I communicated with WCG support, and applied for the Data Processing Agreement token.  I received a response that the legal text in the DPA is not even complete yet.  
I explained that this is a high priority, and asked if they could finish this within 7 days.  So at this point we are waiting for the DPA itself.

** IMPACT ON WORLD COMMUNITY GRID RENUMERATION FROM BIBLEPAY **

Since I personally view it as unfair to continue to assess the WCG crunchers at the current static level (since we have new users being onboarded and we have
RAC changes), but otoh, I also view it as unfair to 'pull the plug' on every researcher who has built up RAC on WCG for biblepay, I have decided to implement a
temporary World Community Grid RAC decay process for 14 days.  The idea behind this is to phase out world community grid Biblepay wide until the DPA is signed and tested.

To implement this I plan on reducing the WCG Credit factor by .10 per day until it reaches 0.  On May 26th, the factor will be 1.4, May 30th: 1.0, June 9th: 0 (project removed).

In this way, current crunchers still receive some of the benefit of the WCG, until it is phased out.

If WCG finishes the DPA early and we are able to implement it, we can then reverse this.  I did not receive a reply on the ETA of the DPA.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
Brian879

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:44:01 PM

They had two years to prepare lol....it's funny to see how they just decided to pull the plug at the last minute and rush everything. Good job IBM, wasn't expecting anything else from you...(but I guess everyone else is rushing everything at the last minute too so Roll Eyes).
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:02:01 PM

So I have completed what I believe is a "final for now" version of the whitepaper. I've added in a page on PODC and one on security details.

The link to the PDF is still here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xndlt3HWTWUhZKTql3ajPFItuEUaTkJw

I think we should get this moved over to our official website sooner rather than later though. We can always make subsequent changes as necessary.

Thanks noxpost, I added the White Paper to the BiblePay.org website this morning.

https://www.biblepay.org/#whitepaper
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:08:35 PM

Is there an easy way to switch a Linux server from WCG to Rosetta using the command line?
vahtis

Activity: 153

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:46:48 PM

I've just created and paid Yobit Premium "Add coin" request. If everything goes ok BBP should be listed there in 4-7 days. Yobit is not a perfect exchange but it is well established with decent volume (40x c-cex volume) and it (more or less) works 365 days a year. I've put contact [at] biblepay.org as a contact mail so BBP devs should cooperate with yobit if needed.

Thank you very much for your engagement and the BTC, smbbm! I believe it's the right move, especially because of the C-CEX news.

I think you should be paid back! 0.1 BTC (~250k BBP) is within the upcoming budget, so I suggest you make a proposal for the YoBit listing.

Thank you, I will make the proposal later once Yobit listing is alive.

Although I applaud the effort, I remember early in our thread SeasonW warned us that yobit doesnt really honor the .10 btc adds for bitcoin derived coins, he said they got lazy and only honor the price for erc20 tokens.  Then I believe Luke cancelled the offer. 

But if you know someone on the inside I wish you the best and of course look forward to it if it works...

Yobit got paid for html coin swap and they never did it. They had to fork to be able to swap so I do not have trust for yobit at all.
SVK Noko

Activity: 267

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:02:00 PM

** WORLD COMMUNITY GRID - EUROPEAN DATA PROCESSING AGREEMENT - UPDATE **

Due to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) rules going into effect on May 25th, 2018, the BOINC dev team has decided it must implement
the ability to (https://github.com/BOINC/boinc/issues/2447):
 - Allow the user to choose if the CPID, RAC, Username, and crunch statistics should be shared as Public or Not Public.  BOINC has decided to place this radio button or
checkbox on the web account of each project (so the user may choose this switch value).
 - Allow the user to choose to DELETE the entire account.  From what I understand this button will be inside the web account, the user will click it, a confirmation e-mail will be sent,
the user will confirm via e-mail, and then after a certain amount of time, the project will purge all user data from BOINC for that particular project.

The daily statistic dump files will be filtered in a way where they will not include users who Hide the account data (IE they made it private).  Deleted users will be missing completely.

Technically, if the above implementation goes as planned (I believe the devs are still testing the changes for most projects) and some projects have not upgraded (this means some admins of certain boinc projects have not pulled the repo upgrades),
these changes will not impact biblepay (IE- for Rosetta@Home), as long as Rosetta does not add additional business logic on top of the BOINC business logic for GDPR.

The reason WCG is affected, is IBM took this a step further and require each data consumer (IE our sanctuaries) to adhere to the WCG Data Processing Agreement.
This agreement will most likely contain a clause that (asks consumers of the DPA) promising to honor any deleted user flag (that we will not persistently show stats for the deleted user
after the deletion occurs), that we will not cache the data and show it after the user hides the data, and potentially will not share the data with other consumers, etc.

I communicated with WCG support, and applied for the Data Processing Agreement token.  I received a response that the legal text in the DPA is not even complete yet.  
I explained that this is a high priority, and asked if they could finish this within 7 days.  So at this point we are waiting for the DPA itself.

** IMPACT ON WORLD COMMUNITY GRID RENUMERATION FROM BIBLEPAY **

Since I personally view it as unfair to continue to assess the WCG crunchers at the current static level (since we have new users being onboarded and we have
RAC changes), but otoh, I also view it as unfair to 'pull the plug' on every researcher who has built up RAC on WCG for biblepay, I have decided to implement a
temporary World Community Grid RAC decay process for 14 days.  The idea behind this is to phase out world community grid Biblepay wide until the DPA is signed and tested.

To implement this I plan on reducing the WCG Credit factor by .10 per day until it reaches 0.  On May 26th, the factor will be 1.4, May 30th: 1.0, June 9th: 0 (project removed).

In this way, current crunchers still receive some of the benefit of the WCG, until it is phased out.

If WCG finishes the DPA early and we are able to implement it, we can then reverse this.  I did not receive a reply on the ETA of the DPA.

This means we must to switch over to Rosetta project only??
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:48:26 PM

I have decided to implement a temporary World Community Grid RAC decay process for 14 days.  The idea behind this is to phase out world community grid Biblepay wide until the DPA is signed and tested.

Sounds like it, at least hopefully temporarily until the problem is fixed.

SVK Noko

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:05:35 PM

I have decided to implement a temporary World Community Grid RAC decay process for 14 days.  The idea behind this is to phase out world community grid Biblepay wide until the DPA is signed and tested.

Nice. But from the past experiences we know Rosetta has not enough tasks for our group.
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:46:36 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2018, 07:26:49 AM by znffal

Hi all.

I wanted to announce a regular news site for BiblePay.

https://medium.com/biblepay-news

I intend to regularly update with news, updates, statistics.
I will also add these articles + personal updates to my personal blog
https://medium.com/@znffal

If you have a Medium account and your would like to contribute to BiblePay news, please contact me and I should be able to add you as a writer.

Two new articles for you:

Whitepaper announcement:    https://medium.com/biblepay-news/updated-biblepay-whitepaper-released-365ebebbe965

Personal update for May:  https://medium.com/@znffal/personal-update-and-encouragement-may-2018-57fc65d9ad15

Please keep an eye on the blog as I will be adding content fairly regularly including a monthly BiblePay news summary.

Thanks!
Luke
SVK Noko

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:06:56 AM

Nice. But from the past experiences we know Rosetta has not enough tasks for our group.

How it is possible to make this change so quickly without any update? MN or wallets update or any other?
znffal

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:26:34 AM

Hi all.

I wanted to announce a regular news site for BiblePay.

https://medium.com/biblepay-news

I intend to regularly update with news, updates, statistics.
I will also add these articles + personal updates to my personal blog
https://medium.com/@znffal

If you have a Medium account and your would like to contribute to BiblePay news, please contact me and I should be able to add you as a writer.

Two new articles for you:

Whitepaper announcement:    https://medium.com/biblepay-news/updated-biblepay-whitepaper-released-365ebebbe965

Personal update for May:  https://medium.com/@znffal/personal-update-and-encouragement-may-2018-57fc65d9ad15

Please keep an eye on the blog as I will be adding content fairly regularly including a monthly BiblePay news summary.

Thanks!
Luke

I also decided to push a short BiblePay statistics article.

https://medium.com/biblepay-news/biblepay-stats-may-2018-cf4c977ac134

znffal

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:36:01 AM

CCEX is evil  Angry  maintance before vacation=  more bbp will be stake in there ...

im praying for YOBIT and CBRIDGE

znfall MN is 225  Wink
Thanks man, I wrote those stats a few days ago.
Not sure if the wallet and website stats match, I'll check both next time I update stats
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 02:40:58 PM

So I have completed what I believe is a "final for now" version of the whitepaper. I've added in a page on PODC and one on security details.

The link to the PDF is still here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xndlt3HWTWUhZKTql3ajPFItuEUaTkJw

I think we should get this moved over to our official website sooner rather than later though. We can always make subsequent changes as necessary.

Thanks noxpost, I added the White Paper to the BiblePay.org website this morning.

https://www.biblepay.org/#whitepaper

Thanks, it looks great:
https://www.biblepay.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/biblepay-whitepaper-single-cover-April2018-1.pdf
(The content is great... this makes it much friendlier for newbies and useful for conventions also).

I'll send a copy to April@Bloom also!

This will be great for campaigns also.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 02:44:27 PM

How it is possible to make this change so quickly without any update? MN or wallets update or any other?

We have sporks in place for a lot of network options.  In this case, the only spork needing adjusted is the WCG RAC Factor.  It was 1.5, and now its 1.3 as of today.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 02:49:09 PM

The budget has been posted on pool.biblepay.org, please vote.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 02:50:17 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2018, 03:13:04 PM by bible_pay

We have sporks in place for a lot of network options.  In this case, the only spork needing adjusted is the WCG RAC Factor.  It was 1.5, and now its 1.3 as of today.

I understand the sporks are there, and you hold the keys to them all.

And this specific situation is a bit of a mess..  

My concern here is,  how was the decision to fade WCG rac made?  Was there any discussion with others, or was it a choice you made?

I think it's important to share this thought process with the group.

If you don't like the fact that I started this coin and we dont have more than one lead dev yet, then please start your own coin.

EDIT: Its not a bit of a mess.  We are decentralized, and we are actually working on a plan behind the scenes to address business continuity and a trust.  I'm working with the non-argumentative core group.

I dont know exactly when I can start this project, but I will make a wiki page outlining the general idea of this trust; and it would address the following concerns:

- The ability for biblepay.org to have an institutional gdax/coinbase account, with several appointed individuals holding multisig keys to perform liquidation of assets for cameroon, bloom or compassion or a charity partner monthly
- Business continuity in the case of a trust member leaving
- More than one lead dev holding spork keys - requiring all lead devs to sign the spork for it to execute
- Merging non compassion charity expenses into accountability.biblepay.org totals
- An SQL backup for tax purposes
- An annual tax report made public, and this also holds harmless the directors of the trust (from tax consequences and liabilities)

The primary focus here is to provide a mechanism for biblepay to appoint trustees or directors to the trust and cross train so that when one individual leaves the trust we have continuity. 

We are scheduling time to have a call with our advisor within 30 days and I believe we will set this up in a basic form before the end of this year.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 03:16:48 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2018, 04:07:25 PM by thesnat21

I understand the sporks are there, and you hold the keys to them all.

And this specific situation is a bit of a mess..  

My concern here is,  how was the decision to fade WCG rac made?  Was there any discussion with others, or was it a choice you made?

I think it's important to share this thought process with the group.

If you don't like the fact that I started this coin and we dont have more than one lead dev yet, then please start your own coin.

EDIT: Its not a bit of a mess.  We are decentralized, and we are actually working on a plan behind the scenes to address business continuity and a trust.  I'm working with the non-argumentative core group.

I dont know exactly when I can start this project, but I will make a wiki page outlining the general idea of this trust; and it would address the following concerns:

- The ability for biblepay.org to have an institutional gdax/coinbase account, with several appointed individuals holding multisig keys to perform liquidation of assets for cameroon, bloom or compassion or a charity partner monthly
- Business continuity in the case of a trust member leaving
- More than one lead dev holding spork keys - requiring all lead devs to sign the spork for it to execute
- Merging non compassion charity expenses into accountability.biblepay.org totals
- An SQL backup for tax purposes
- An annual tax report made public, and this also holds harmless the directors of the trust (from tax consequences and liabilities)

The primary focus here is to provide a mechanism for biblepay to appoint trustees or directors to the trust and cross train so that when one individual leaves the trust we have continuity.  

We are scheduling time to have a call with our advisor within 30 days and I believe we will set this up in a basic form before the end of this year.

... I'm still trying to HELP alleviate fears that are being expressed.  Thank you for actually answering the question this time.

I don't understand the purpose of deleting my post, but quoting it in reply.. this seems strange to me.
EDIT:
The mess being WCG suddenly changing policies not anything bbp related, not everything said is an attack on you/bbp...

All I would like to see is some discussion going on, I was hoping there was some behind the scenes you could fill us in on....

Also, Masternodes have the ability to vote on SPORKS and it would be a clean way to gain a true consensus.   Odd's are they wouldn't vote against you Rob, and it is in line with the DASH model. so maybe an option to consider in the future?

ferohers

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:20:07 PM

Hello,

I am having this error. Anyone can help?

"poolinfo1": "Unable to sign CPID; Unable to sign CPID; Unable to sign CPID; Unable to sign CPID; Unable to sign CPID; Unable to sign CPID; Unable to sign CPID; ",
  "poolinfo2": "Submitting Solution 05-27-2018 15:15:17; Submitting Solution 05-27-2018 15:15:27; Submitting Solution 05-27-2018 15:15:19; Failed to sign CPID Signature (Address does not refer to key); Submitting Solution 05-27-2018 15:15:18; Failed to sign CPID Signature (Address does not refer to key); Submitting Solution 05-27-2018 15:15:24; ",

This is a fresh install. I followed the guide strictly.

The wallet is generated automatically and sent 2 bbp to it a few hours ago.
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 03:26:39 PM

Hello,

I am having this error. Anyone can help?

"poolinfo1": "Unable to sign CPID; Unable to sign CPID; Unable to sign CPID; Unable to sign CPID; Unable to sign CPID; Unable to sign CPID; Unable to sign CPID; ",
  "poolinfo2": "Submitting Solution 05-27-2018 15:15:17; Submitting Solution 05-27-2018 15:15:27; Submitting Solution 05-27-2018 15:15:19; Failed to sign CPID Signature (Address does not refer to key); Submitting Solution 05-27-2018 15:15:18; Failed to sign CPID Signature (Address does not refer to key); Submitting Solution 05-27-2018 15:15:24; ",

This is a fresh install. I followed the guide strictly.

The wallet is generated automatically and sent 2 bbp to it a few hours ago.

Unable to sign CPID is either your wallet is locked (and you didn't use the PODCUNLOCK) option, or your cpid has not been associated to the wallet (Being that new)
run "exec getboincinfo" from the debug window and paste the results here
Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: