Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:42:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243190 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Brian879

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:24:41 AM

Really nice day for BBP. Huge dump, c-cex almost closed, broken wallet and southxchange bbp wallet offline. What is coming next for BBP?  Shocked

You can answer yourself what will come next...

Well the dump was Rob selling the coins from the monthly superblock for Compassion before CCEX closes.

And now that the monthly superblock is over it should all come back to normal (except CCEX closing down..) and hopefully that bug can be fixed before the next superblock as it is causing a lot of issues.
Brian879

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:36:43 AM

How about we stop speculating at who/what was the dump.

It could have been in error, but I doubt Rob would be selling the compassion coins at 1/4 the current value, unless the requirement is way lower than what the proposal stated.

It does seem like many of our clients have settled on "the" chain.  I suspect several masternodes are down, and possibly some of the public nodes.  Let's wait until they are restarted and things should get back to normal.

There is no speculation? Rob sold the coins for Compassion. You can check the pool to verify the date and amounts..
SVK Noko

Activity: 267

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:46:24 AM

It could have been in error, but I doubt Rob would be selling the compassion coins at 1/4 the current value, unless the requirement is way lower than what the proposal stated.

It does seem like many of our clients have settled on "the" chain.  I suspect several masternodes are down, and possibly some of the public nodes.  Let's wait until they are restarted and things should get back to normal.

There is no speculation? Rob sold the coins for Compassion. You can check the pool to verify the date and amounts..

And? Everybody can sell and buy anytime, thats the market. Prepare for bigger dumps in the future, its ussual and nothing special. That is complete not a problem. But the question is how long will people fund the expences associated with mining and DC without stability of this project and without the stable exchange with reiable liquidity.
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:55:42 AM

Code:
12:45:23
getblockhash 49485
12:45:23
cbb05f1f1ccfbdab2ef2cbccb24c1c3c3d15fe7a3830b8641907d70a2639d248

Purepool & and biblepay-central are on the same chain:

getblockhash 49485

Just re-indexed all of my sancs and they seem to be consolidating to this one as well.

I'm at 49489 now.

getblockhash 49485

getblockhash 49489
32fd7ff78ee926ebe596687cef52b601ed732c1f537825ea7fb8dd975928f94b

Well it seems like this is the "main chain" for now. Although it's quite strange, since I'm pretty sure that was the chain which was almost 60 blocks ahead when the superblock "hit".

Unfortunately the main pool is not of much help either, seems like it needs a restart, only showing "current height -1" and spamming different errors all over the leaderboard. Cheesy
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:58:12 AM

Does anyone know how to trade on QIEX? I see a sort of sliding bar but I can't fix a limit price other than clicking on the existing ones in the order book.

Any help or reference to a guide? Thanks

Ok I saw it. Price numbers are so dark that it's hard to see them on the black background.
Brian879

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:58:50 AM

And? Everybody can sell and buy anytime, thats the market. Prepare for bigger dumps in the future, its ussual and nothing special. That is complete not a problem. But the question is how long will people fund the expences associated with mining and DC without stability of this project and without the stable exchange with reiable liquidity.

1) I was just replying to the fact that there was no speculation. It wasn't a random guy who "quit" BiblePay and dumped all his coins. It was just Rob like every month selling the coins to pay the bill for Compassion and he did it quickly before CCEX closes. That's all.

2) Well that's why money now is worth more than money tmr. People who can fund their mining for a few months without selling coins won't be forced to sell them (at a lowered price) to fund their mining and will be able to wait to sell them at a better price (hopefully). For now it probably worked for them as it looked like BBP was 10 satoshi less than a year ago and is now 30-50. Ofc past performances are no indicators for future performances but hey...can't make money if you're not willing to take risks.

jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:06:31 PM

It does seem like many of our clients have settled on "the" chain.  I suspect several masternodes are down, and possibly some of the public nodes.  Let's wait until they are restarted and things should get back to normal.

I think that Rob has always dumped the coins for Compassion, and since there is a deadline now, I don't think he really had a choice either this time. The requirement for the coins is that we are currently want to prepay at least six months ahead for all the orphans before getting on board new ones. Since there is a buffer now, we don't actually have a precise amount we have to pay monthly. Of course, we still should aim to get as much dollars out of the BBP, but you can also see it as an opportunity for people who believe in the project to scoop up some cheap BBP.

The bug has been discussed and should be fixed in the next mandatory (that should come out before the next monthly superblock). So if everything goes to plan, yesterday was the last time we will ever encounter this issue.

I agree that our top priority is getting on to a  stable exchange with reliable liquidity. Unfortunately, for a small coin like ours this is no easy feat. So we try to be strategic by getting listed on exchanges will large potential rather than a large current following (fees for a medium to large exchanges can easily be in excess of 20 BTC). I think that CryptoBridge, strategically speaking, is a very nice addition to our portfolio.

Long term, I think that it is paramount to not be dependent on C-Cex as our main exchange.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
SVK Noko

Activity: 267

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:22:53 PM

It does seem like many of our clients have settled on "the" chain.  I suspect several masternodes are down, and possibly some of the public nodes.  Let's wait until they are restarted and things should get back to normal.

I think that Rob has always dumped the coins for Compassion, and since there is a deadline now, I don't think he really had a choice either this time. The requirement for the coins is that we are currently want to prepay at least six months ahead for all the orphans before getting on board new ones. Since there is a buffer now, we don't actually have a precise amount we have to pay monthly. Of course, we still should aim to get as much dollars out of the BBP, but you can also see it as an opportunity for people who believe in the project to scoop up some cheap BBP.

The bug has been discussed and should be fixed in the next mandatory (that should come out before the next monthly superblock). So if everything goes to plan, yesterday was the last time we will ever encounter this issue.

I agree that our top priority is getting on to a  stable exchange with reliable liquidity. Unfortunately, for a small coin like ours this is no easy feat. So we try to be strategic by getting listed on exchanges will large potential rather than a large current following (fees for a medium to large exchanges can easily be in excess of 20 BTC). I think that CryptoBridge, strategically speaking, is a very nice addition to our portfolio.

Long term, I think that it is paramount to not be dependent on C-Cex as our main exchange.

CryptoBridge is fair enough but its a question of the end of the next month. Unfortunatelly from trading point of view one deaf month is comming now...
jaapgvk

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:32:50 PM

CryptoBridge is fair enough but its a question of the end of the next month. Unfortunatelly from trading point of view one deaf month is comming now...

Yeah, and I agree that's unfortunate. I just hope that some volume will move to our other two exchanges...

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:06:15 PM

very dangerous= this coin is independent only on 1 guy  Huh  why?

"independent"? Sounds like you used the wrong word.

But: Every small coin has this problem, a core developer who is responsible for a lot of work. It is true that we need for experienced blockchain developers to be a "mature" coin, but it is still a quite young coin, with a lot of special technology. So it takes more time to get other people involved.

And as said before: If you think you can improve the current situation, do it.

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:13:56 PM

"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Jesus, Matthew 6:34
dave_bbp

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:34:28 PM

Lichtsucher im miner.... all our money goes to dedicated machines and we supports orphans and this things ....
No, you don't! Miners who spend money to buy machines (to collect more BBP) and not to buy BBP coins don't support a single orphan or charity, simple as that! The charities are (at least nowadays) supported by FIAT money, which means BBP coins are sold monthly and for this we have to find BBP buyers every month. THESE are the people who support the orphans/charities!

P.S.: The truth is harsh, I know, because right now I am one of those "useless" miners too. Wink
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:53:27 PM

we need our miner Mr.Holub for PR .. he is vice-mayor and parliamentarian in his city  Grin now he is in parliament of Brusell

Sounds good. Is he in this forum? How do we contact him?

TIA

Slovakia ... can you arrange for us to chat with Mr. Holub about PR for BBP?
jaapgvk

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:55:46 PM

It is said that one great coder is 10x as good as a mediocre one.

Biblepay follows the benevolent dictator model (1 main dev) which generally leads to some of the best projects (software development).

One of the main reasons that I've always supported this project is because I believe in Rob's abilities and vision. Because at this point we have only one main dev, we have had the ability to be swift in our development (something that the past months also have shown).

Having said that, I think that in the long term we need more developers that have understanding of our source-code (which I think Bhavani is working on at the moment?). So that, should Rob disappear for whatever reason, the coin will keep it's vitality.

tiras

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:03:23 PM

1) I was just replying to the fact that there was no speculation. It wasn't a random guy who "quit" BiblePay and dumped all his coins. It was just Rob like every month selling the coins to pay the bill for Compassion and he did it quickly before CCEX closes. That's all.

2) Well that's why money now is worth more than money tmr. People who can fund their mining for a few months without selling coins won't be forced to sell them (at a lowered price) to fund their mining and will be able to wait to sell them at a better price (hopefully). For now it probably worked for them as it looked like BBP was 10 satoshi less than a year ago and is now 30-50. Ofc past performances are no indicators for future performances but hey...can't make money if you're not willing to take risks.

I remember a while ago Rob promised not to dump huge amounts but spread them over some periods.  BBP is too weak so far to hold such blows

BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Slack - Discord | C-CEX - CoinsMarkets | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel
Bonzi777

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:47:12 PM

Small info: With the current problems, I stopped the payouts of purepool. I don't like the current instability, might create more problems.
There will also be no new shares for a block per user shown in the user statistics. BUT nothing is lost, the block shares for the users will be calculated later, when it all is stable again Smiley

Lichtsucher, I'm sure you have a ton of other items on your list, but when you have some time, could you take a look and let me know why my BiblePay Central page shows "User: [No username found]". For some reason, it isn't pulling it from BOINC (See pic in link below).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2mcwa2402yx1pr/BBP-Username-Issue.PNG?dl=0

Thank you!
znjrols5

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:33:44 PM

Hi all,

I have a problem with my wallet, it reports wrong balance. When I execute listtransactions command, I can see one "receive" transaction, which shows 0 confirmations. Later on I figured out that this transaction info is also missing blockhash, blockindex and blocktime fields.

There are some transactions after this one, and they are shown properly (with over a hundred confirmations at the moment).
I have viewed my address on online biblepay explorer, and can see the transaction I'm having problems with normaly, same as all the other transactions and with lots of confirmations, and it shows propper balance of this address.
I have tried (multiple times), to delete all the files in .biblepaycore folder except wallet.dat, client resyncs after that but still no luck. Transaction has 0 confirmations and my wallet is showing improper balance, not allowing me to send those coins.

Does somebody have an idea what might be the issue?
coinsinspect

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:37:06 PM

Hi all,

I have a problem with my wallet, it reports wrong balance. When I execute listtransactions command, I can see one "receive" transaction, which shows 0 confirmations. Later on I figured out that this transaction info is also missing blockhash, blockindex and blocktime fields.

There are some transactions after this one, and they are shown properly (with over a hundred confirmations at the moment).
I have viewed my address on online biblepay explorer, and can see the transaction I'm having problems with normaly, same as all the other transactions and with lots of confirmations, and it shows propper balance of this address.
I have tried (multiple times), to delete all the files in .biblepaycore folder except wallet.dat, client resyncs after that but still no luck. Transaction has 0 confirmations and my wallet is showing improper balance, not allowing me to send those coins.

This what I did to fix similar wallet issue I discovered today:
1) stop wallet
2) delete all files in .biblepaycore except for wallet.dat  (including hidden .xxx folders and copied biblepay.conf aside)
3) start wallet

After wallet showed non correct amount - I restart and it was showing the correct amount.

So I needed two restarts after cleaning folder.

dave_bbp

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:38:27 PM

Hi all,

1) stop wallet
2) delete all files in .biblepaycore except for wallet.dat  (including hidden .xxx folders and copied biblepay.conf aside)
3) start wallet

After wallet showed non correct amount - I restart and it was showing the correct amount.

I second that. Had the exact same phenomenon on a Windows 10 wallet. Wink
coinsinspect

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:41:44 PM

Hi all,

1) stop wallet
2) delete all files in .biblepaycore except for wallet.dat  (including hidden .xxx folders and copied biblepay.conf aside)
3) start wallet

I second that. Had the exact same phenomenon on a Windows 10 wallet. Wink

I saved the debug.log if anyone wants it.
Pages: « 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: