Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:04:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243168 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:03:43 AM

dave_bbp boinc manager in linux w/gui?  Grin
Yes of course, that's the beauty of BOINC. You only need ONE GUI machine (Windows or Linux) to control EVERY machine that you have running BOINC (Server, Headless PC, Linux etc.) with that manager. It's simple. Just write down the WAN IP of your "controller PC", connect to your server, sudo-edit
/etc/boinc-client/remote_hosts.cfg
and past your controller's IP in there.

Then you start your BOINC manager on your PC, go into "advanced mode", then File-->select computer and you enter the IP of your server. DONE! Smiley
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:50:32 AM

Hi all. One of the Slovak guys messaged me with an issue he is having that I couldn't help with. Perhaps someone can give mesome ideas to help?

Basically:

1. On a Windows server, same machine as Linux boxes he owns, all his cpu stats are 100% on Rosetta. Or in other words, all of his processing power is BOINC-ing.
2. On Linux server, with WCG exactly the same, all cpu stats are 100%.
3. On Linux server, with Rosetta, some cpu cores are 100%, others are much lower.

He is on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
So for some reason Rosetta on Linux is not downloading enough tasks for his machine?

He tried reinstalling and restarting server but no luck.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
space will be problem  Wink

capulo

Activity: 491
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:59:30 AM

i had problem with rosetamini (roseta works), when i had not enough ram - at least 1gb per core, does not matter how much system shown as free. then some tasks stuck in sleep state. they had 0% cpu usage but were just blocking cores. start 'top' in linux and press shift+m to sort by ram usage and you will see if there are some
slovakia

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:11:48 PM

because of this all i love WCG

slovakia

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:03:59 PM

hey Rob: this is answer from WCG

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.  As you've noticed, access to the APIs is now restricted to people who obtain a token. To get the token, you must first sign our Data Processing Agreement to ensure that you're willing to comply with certain requirements about how the API data must be processed.

We are still finalizing the text of this Agreement and will email you as soon as it's ready if you would like - just let us know if you would like to be on the notification list.
We have implemented the release which allows members to access their own API stats: https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewpostinthread?post=582183

Thanks for your patience as we continue to work aggressively to ensure compliance with the new EU General Data Protection Regulation and the protection of our volunteers' data.

Thank you for your support,

World Community Grid Support Team

did you sign it?

noxpost

Activity: 235

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:11:52 PM

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.  As you've noticed, access to the APIs is now restricted to people who obtain a token. To get the token, you must first sign our Data Processing Agreement to ensure that you're willing to comply with certain requirements about how the API data must be processed.

We are still finalizing the text of this Agreement and will email you as soon as it's ready if you would like - just let us know if you would like to be on the notification list.
We have implemented the release which allows members to access their own API stats: https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewpostinthread?post=582183

Thanks for your patience as we continue to work aggressively to ensure compliance with the new EU General Data Protection Regulation and the protection of our volunteers' data.

did you sign it?

The important text is this part:
"We are still finalizing the text of this Agreement and will email you as soon as it's ready if you would like - just let us know if you would like to be on the notification list."

It isn't AVAILABLE to sign. That's what he's waiting on, and what he keeps following up on.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:04:20 PM

Luke and I did an interview with Gonz from CanaryCryRadio a few months ago, here is the interview!

http://www.canarycryradio.com/2018/06/01/flyby-what-is-biblepay/

Gonz @FaceLikeTheSun 2 hours ago
Code:
A crypto for Christians? #BiblePay

-Proof of work (protein folding algorithms for cancer research)
-10% funds orphans
-Every block produced includes a verse of the Bible (Bible on the blockchain).

Our chat with a couple reps from @BiblePay

https://twitter.com/FaceLikeTheSun/status/1002608699582476288

znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:01:14 PM

To be consistent in advertising, I pushed a short article on the BiblePay News blog on the Canary Cry interview + episode 2 of the BiblePay radio show.
Nice work on the video guys!

https://medium.com/biblepay-news/biblepay-pr-canary-cry-radio-interview-new-biblepay-show-episode-6c8f39fdb838
GaryH

Activity: 214

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:18:17 PM

Does anyone have the link to the Linux QT wallet that they can post?  I tried following the instructions in the wiki but it says it can't find the QT wallet.

Thanks!

Is there still a Ubuntu QT wallet available?  Trying to set this up on a ubuntu rig.. thanks!
znffal

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:25:55 PM

Does anyone have the link to the Linux QT wallet that they can post?  I tried following the instructions in the wiki but it says it can't find the QT wallet.

Thanks!

Is there still a Ubuntu QT wallet available?  Trying to set this up on a ubuntu rig.. thanks!
Hi!
The QT wallet is included with the standard linux install.

From the commandline try this:

Code:
./biblepay/src/qt/biblepay-qt &
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 11:13:31 PM

did you sign it?

When you sign on, please read all prior posts.  You seem to have a habit of making unholy posts and then being terribly ignorant about everything else.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 11:14:33 PM

WCG Update :

(In a nutshell, we are still waiting for the DPA).

Robert,

You recently requested access to the World Community Grid data exports which, as mentioned previously, is dependent on you agreeing to our Data Processing Agreement (DPA). We wanted to update you on the status of the Agreement.

For months, we have been working with a team of lawyers to prepare World Community Grid for GDPR compliance and ensure adequate protection of our volunteers' data. It is no secret that many organizations have found it a challenge to adhere to this new, comprehensive and complex regulation, and frankly, we are no exception. It is also fair to admit that our lawyers have been far busier than normal helping various groups understand the implications of the regulation on their individual programs. We finally have a lawyer dedicated to finalizing the Agreement, but the review process is not yet complete.

Please know that we are doing everything we can to push this as aggressively as we can, and are using escalation channels to ensure this gets addressed as quickly as possible. We are fully aware of the impact of delaying access to the data exports has on you and sincerely appreciate your patience as we get this resolved.

Thank you for your support, during what has been (and continues to be) a challenging compliance process for us and many others.

---------------------------------------------------------
World Community Grid

Hello again Robert,

We are working on getting a finalized DPA as quickly as we can.

Existing volunteers will be automatically opted in to having their data be public, but new volunteers will have to specifically opt in to making their data public (as they'll be opted out by default).  And yes, the data exports will automatically exclude data of volunteers whose data can't be shared (either because they opted out, have chosen to delete their account, or we have deleted their account in accordance with our data retention policy).

Also - please note:  Once a member has signed the DPA, they will be obligated to manually remove a member's stats who has requested their data be deleted.  We will be providing a list of the members who have requested their data be removed, to those members who have signed the DPA and are using the API to export member stats.  

---------------------------------------------------------
World Community Grid

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
GaryH

Activity: 214

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:05:43 AM

Thanks!

Hi!

Code:

Thanks for your reply, apparently I don't have the qt file which is the issue on Ubuntu Desktop 18.04.  So to better explain I followed the wiki:  http://wiki.biblepay.org/Ubuntu_Packages

Open a Terminal
Add the Biblepay repository: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:biblepay/stable
Update apt: sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install biblepay-qt    <-- when I do this line I get the following lines/error:

Reading package lists... Done
Reading state information...  Done
E: Unable to locate package biblepay-qt

since it can't locate the package it never installs  Undecided
znffal

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:09:33 AM

Thanks!

Hi!

Code:

Thanks for your reply, apparently I don't have the qt file which is the issue on Ubuntu Desktop 18.04.  So to better explain I followed the wiki:  http://wiki.biblepay.org/Ubuntu_Packages

Open a Terminal
sudo apt-get install biblepay-qt    <-- when I do this line I get the following lines/error:

Reading state information...  Done

since it can't locate the package it never installs  Undecided

Ah ok, maybe it is a Ubuntu 18 thing? I think there was some issue with the pre-compiled package for Ubuntu 18, but this is from my own memory.
Can anyone confirm this?

I am using 16.04 LTS Ubuntu and it is great.   
cuarc001

Activity: 103

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 01:00:24 AM

Some helpful links for distributed computing (BOINC)
Windows & Ubuntu Installation of BOINC
https://hardforum.com/threads/boinc-installation-walk-through.1768558/
CentOS 7 Installation of BOINC
https://hardforum.com/threads/centos-7-boinc-install-guides.1854569/
BAM! setup (highly recommend)
https://hardforum.com/threads/how-to-setup-up-boincstats-bam.1930993/
helpful utilities (pay attention to the BOINCtasks application)
https://hardforum.com/threads/boinc-useful-tools-and-download-locations.1768577/
My teams DC forums in general
https://hardforum.com/forums/distributed-computing.32/

My WCG recruiter link (these help award badges for recruiting and is something many of us collect)
http://join.worldcommunitygrid.org/?recruiterId=338542&teamId=BP5XNJBR9N1

Feel free to pop in and ask questions about BOINC, projects, or distributed computing in general. They aren't as familiar with Biblepay, but I'm looking at it with interest.
znffal

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:04:22 AM

Some helpful links for distributed computing (BOINC)
Windows & Ubuntu Installation of BOINC
https://hardforum.com/threads/boinc-installation-walk-through.1768558/
CentOS 7 Installation of BOINC
https://hardforum.com/threads/centos-7-boinc-install-guides.1854569/
BAM! setup (highly recommend)
https://hardforum.com/threads/how-to-setup-up-boincstats-bam.1930993/
helpful utilities (pay attention to the BOINCtasks application)
https://hardforum.com/threads/boinc-useful-tools-and-download-locations.1768577/
My teams DC forums in general
https://hardforum.com/forums/distributed-computing.32/

My WCG recruiter link (these help award badges for recruiting and is something many of us collect)
http://join.worldcommunitygrid.org/?recruiterId=338542&teamId=BP5XNJBR9N1

Feel free to pop in and ask questions about BOINC, projects, or distributed computing in general. They aren't as familiar with Biblepay, but I'm looking at it with interest.

Hi there! Thanks for the links, it looks like you have a great community. I'm glad that we are drawing attention from other groups.
If you ever have any questions please feel free to ask.
cuarc001

Activity: 103

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 02:24:01 AM

I didn't want to have to read through 400+ pages. However, I'm not seeing anything clarifying how to add WCG. I see adding Rosetta. If someone has the CPID from Rosetta already associated with their account and their CPID with WCG is the same, does that automatically opt them in to PODC with WCG as well or is there another step needed? I could see it beneficial and hindering both at the same time depending on situation. I'm always supporting WCG but only support Rosetta during challenges normally.

Also, are you basing the RAC off of what the project site is reporting? I ask because that can take a few weeks to actually become accurate while running the project but becomes very inaccurate if you stop. For instance, I can stop running the project now and several weeks/months/possibly years I will continue to have a RAC at the project. You will find most projects never return you back to 0 RAC because of how RAC is calculated. I was just curious to which "report" I should watch for this...
znffal

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:31:14 AM

I didn't want to have to read through 400+ pages. However, I'm not seeing anything clarifying how to add WCG. I see adding Rosetta. If someone has the CPID from Rosetta already associated with their account and their CPID with WCG is the same, does that automatically opt them in to PODC with WCG as well or is there another step needed? I could see it beneficial and hindering both at the same time depending on situation. I'm always supporting WCG but only support Rosetta during challenges normally.

Also, are you basing the RAC off of what the project site is reporting? I ask because that can take a few weeks to actually become accurate while running the project but becomes very inaccurate if you stop. For instance, I can stop running the project now and several weeks/months/possibly years I will continue to have a RAC at the project. You will find most projects never return you back to 0 RAC because of how RAC is calculated. I was just curious to which "report" I should watch for this...
Hi again! I am not an expert so I hope some others will help with this comment. But WCG was a relatively new addition to our distributed computing efforts, so yes it seems harder to find the documentation for. I have not used WCG, only Rosetta.
Can anyone offer instructions here please?

I will leave it for Rob to answer questions about RAC reports because it is a little over my head. But if I am correct, you also need to have solved Rosetta/WCG tasks in the last 24 hours or so for your RAC to count. So if someone abandoned DC then they would not get paid, so a falling RAC (but never reaching 0) would not be a problem.
I assume, even if it doesn't go to 0, it will get quite small. Right now, an RAC of around 10 would only get someone less than 2 BBP (just over half a US cent), and this will continue to decrease, I expect. So even if someone drops servers but keeps some running, the dropped servers are probably only having a negligible effect.

This is just my interpretation though, I could be wrong!

Thanks!
dave_bbp

Activity: 405

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:22:49 AM

Does anyone have the link to the Linux QT wallet that they can post?  I tried following the instructions in the wiki but it says it can't find the QT wallet.

Thanks!

Is there still a Ubuntu QT wallet available?  Trying to set this up on a ubuntu rig.. thanks!
Hi!

Code:

Thanks for your reply, apparently I don't have the qt file which is the issue on Ubuntu Desktop 18.04.  So to better explain I followed the wiki:  http://wiki.biblepay.org/Ubuntu_Packages

Open a Terminal
sudo apt-get install biblepay-qt    <-- when I do this line I get the following lines/error:

Reading state information...  Done

since it can't locate the package it never installs  Undecided

Ah ok, maybe it is a Ubuntu 18 thing? I think there was some issue with the pre-compiled package for Ubuntu 18, but this is from my own memory.
Can anyone confirm this?

I am using 16.04 LTS Ubuntu and it is great.  

The repository (i.e. the Ubuntu binaries) are not out yet for Ubuntu 18.04. Lichtsucher (the guy making them) ran into compilation troubles for 18.04 and is working on fixing them. I'm not sure if in the meantime it's possible to compile it from source, but I'm pretty sure you would have to have some Linux skills to circumvent any incompatibilities. Here's the old bash script for the compilation:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/d1c1d35e3c8f67f5fb2e204479fa5c6b

Also this might help:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6ummuj/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_linux/

@Rob: So IBM lawyers have been working "for months" on those 2 sheets of paper? Haha, sure! Cheesy It's not that this agreement and the date hasn't been known for more than 2 years...
slovakia

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:26:15 AM

bible_pay thanks .... finally know where is problem= still dont understand why ROSETTA working and WCG doesnt=  WCG=IBM is USA company ... can disable gdpr

lazy IBM

Pages: « 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: