Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:43:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
tmike

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:30:39 PM

Hi everyone,

I recently got in contact with a representative from Compassion and confirmed that Biblepay is indeed sponsoring the number of children it says it is.

Below is the E-mail communication:

Hi Michael,

Sorry I was traveling for work this week and am now catching up on emails.  As of Tuesday’s report we show 302 sponsored children in the BiblePay record. Rob says he shows 306. It could be that these 4 graduated recently, moved, and are being replaced with new children in the program as we speak.  BiblePay has pre-paid for its kids many months in advance as well.

Warmly,
Ginger

Here is Ginger's LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ginger-langehennig-4b31981b/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cuarc001

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 08:13:28 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2018, 09:10:57 PM by cuarc001

Apple announced changes to its policies to disallow mining on their mobile devices inside an app.

While this is largely targeted against scammy devs that build background mining into their apps, this clause concerned me:
3.1.5 (b) (ii) Mining: Apps may not mine for cryptocurrencies unless the processing is performed off device (e.g. cloud-based mining).

Google might take a very similar stance; if this is the direction things are moving, how do we see this affecting our goal of allowing unbanked mining on phones for people in remote areas without computers? It would be a real shame to lose that feature.

In our case from the apple standpoint, I think we would be OK, because BOINC does the research (and that activity should be construed as research not mining) but either way, the mother process BOINC, starts the threads for the research, while MIP's mobile wallet acts as a block acceptor and wallet.

But the main show stopper with running boinc on the iphone is no project supports the proprietary apple processor so boinc only works on the mac currently.  However this scenario could come up on the samsung galaxy, and we have a couple beta testers running biblepay-android and boinc currently on that device although I realize google doesnt have the clause yet.

Actually, what is preventing BOINC on iOS is that they (Apple) do not allow the software do download executables from outside sources and run them. Otherwise there would have been an iOS version years ago. Basically, BOINC is in a similar boat as mining software....

I cannot really tell you how to do it as I'm not that fluent in the workings of crypto when looking under the hood. However, I would strongly encourage the devs to really try to lock down ways to mitigate cheaters better than Gridcoin has done.

Collatz had to completely rebuild their site/servers/etc... because at least one Gridcoin user was cheating on a large scale  under one of their pools.
https://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz/forum_thread.php?id=15#190
The responses from the Gridcoin team did not sit well with the community as it basically came down to telling the community to fix their projects and to not tell Gridcoin how to run theirs. Science was indeed affected and has to be re-ran. This event was the straw that broke the camels back and essentially caused Gridcoin to be banned from the Annual Pentathlon which is the largest competition in the BOINC world amongst teams.

Gridcoin users basically had coin stolen from them because of the cheater getting rewarded. I do not know if they ever resolved any of it as I don't follow their threads. Collatz lost the old forums that had a lot of the details in them.

And it appears that a possible cheater has appeared yet again at another BOINC project - http://gene.disi.unitn.it/test/forum_thread.php?id=216#1325

On a positive note, have you guys considered possibly adding GPUGrid to your list of projects? http://www.gpugrid.net/

Thanks for the post and the links.  So from what I can see, in both instances of the cheating that went on in those projects in that community, the user took advantage of an attack vector in which a vulnerability existed on the specific boinc project's server side, in the validation process, which made it possible to cheat on the actual result submission (IE it fooled the server into accepting the result of the workunit).  Another words they studied the traffic that is posted by boinc that allows the work unit to be solved and falsified it.  Note that there is no example of cheating outside of those few projects.  (Thats partially why we picked Rosetta originally, it was partially discussed in the swongle discussions when we were in testnet with cancer mining-  Part of the due diligence was to find a project that would be extremely hard if not impossible to cheat.  This is because if you look at the manual from Rosetta commons, the work you are doing is so complicated (it requires a 3mb database on the client side to refer to), with 300 scientists on the back end, I don't think its possible to falsify a low energy 'result' without doing more effort than the client does to compute the low energy result.  Also in both cases of the cheating note that the gridcoin user diluted their own project compensation - another words a report could have been written that showed a discrepency in task-turnaround/cobblestone-work, picking up the bad user.  In that case if that happened here we would have to disable the project and regroup.

As far as adding other projects, I feel we should stay focused with what we have now - these projects are related to our healing aspect (we picked Rosetta because it was based on potentially curing cancer), and WCG with their AIDS research.  Although I'm interested in using clock cycles for the benefit of humanity, I'm not interested in expanding our mining side into a volunteer computing platform, primarily because I would rather support a high quality project and maintain the healing aspect or facet of biblepay.  We have a lot of things to do on the roadmap, and one behind the scenes is investigating partners in the financial sector that also have some options for us in replacing proof of work with other cool cutting edge ideas (like analyzing financial markets etc).  

I don't know if you looked up GPUGrid or not, but they seem to be in line with what you are asking.

http://www.gpugrid.net/science.php

Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Neural Disorders, and Methods (pushing boundaries within their fields). They happen to also utilize GPU's (given their name) though they are doing some tests with CPU's too. They do have times where they don't have enough work for everyone, but it would be a good compliment for those wishing to utilize GPU's for something other than mining. Currently only nVidia cards are used.  I understand not wanting to delve too quickly, but perhaps keep it on your radar.
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 10:12:57 PM

Apple announced changes to its policies to disallow mining on their mobile devices inside an app.

While this is largely targeted against scammy devs that build background mining into their apps, this clause concerned me:
3.1.5 (b) (ii) Mining: Apps may not mine for cryptocurrencies unless the processing is performed off device (e.g. cloud-based mining).

Google might take a very similar stance; if this is the direction things are moving, how do we see this affecting our goal of allowing unbanked mining on phones for people in remote areas without computers? It would be a real shame to lose that feature.

In our case from the apple standpoint, I think we would be OK, because BOINC does the research (and that activity should be construed as research not mining) but either way, the mother process BOINC, starts the threads for the research, while MIP's mobile wallet acts as a block acceptor and wallet.

But the main show stopper with running boinc on the iphone is no project supports the proprietary apple processor so boinc only works on the mac currently.  However this scenario could come up on the samsung galaxy, and we have a couple beta testers running biblepay-android and boinc currently on that device although I realize google doesnt have the clause yet.

Actually, what is preventing BOINC on iOS is that they (Apple) do not allow the software do download executables from outside sources and run them. Otherwise there would have been an iOS version years ago. Basically, BOINC is in a similar boat as mining software....

I cannot really tell you how to do it as I'm not that fluent in the workings of crypto when looking under the hood. However, I would strongly encourage the devs to really try to lock down ways to mitigate cheaters better than Gridcoin has done.

Collatz had to completely rebuild their site/servers/etc... because at least one Gridcoin user was cheating on a large scale  under one of their pools.
https://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz/forum_thread.php?id=15#190
The responses from the Gridcoin team did not sit well with the community as it basically came down to telling the community to fix their projects and to not tell Gridcoin how to run theirs. Science was indeed affected and has to be re-ran. This event was the straw that broke the camels back and essentially caused Gridcoin to be banned from the Annual Pentathlon which is the largest competition in the BOINC world amongst teams.

Gridcoin users basically had coin stolen from them because of the cheater getting rewarded. I do not know if they ever resolved any of it as I don't follow their threads. Collatz lost the old forums that had a lot of the details in them.

And it appears that a possible cheater has appeared yet again at another BOINC project - http://gene.disi.unitn.it/test/forum_thread.php?id=216#1325

On a positive note, have you guys considered possibly adding GPUGrid to your list of projects? http://www.gpugrid.net/

Thanks for the post and the links.  So from what I can see, in both instances of the cheating that went on in those projects in that community, the user took advantage of an attack vector in which a vulnerability existed on the specific boinc project's server side, in the validation process, which made it possible to cheat on the actual result submission (IE it fooled the server into accepting the result of the workunit).  Another words they studied the traffic that is posted by boinc that allows the work unit to be solved and falsified it.  Note that there is no example of cheating outside of those few projects.  (Thats partially why we picked Rosetta originally, it was partially discussed in the swongle discussions when we were in testnet with cancer mining-  Part of the due diligence was to find a project that would be extremely hard if not impossible to cheat.  This is because if you look at the manual from Rosetta commons, the work you are doing is so complicated (it requires a 3mb database on the client side to refer to), with 300 scientists on the back end, I don't think its possible to falsify a low energy 'result' without doing more effort than the client does to compute the low energy result.  Also in both cases of the cheating note that the gridcoin user diluted their own project compensation - another words a report could have been written that showed a discrepency in task-turnaround/cobblestone-work, picking up the bad user.  In that case if that happened here we would have to disable the project and regroup.

As far as adding other projects, I feel we should stay focused with what we have now - these projects are related to our healing aspect (we picked Rosetta because it was based on potentially curing cancer), and WCG with their AIDS research.  Although I'm interested in using clock cycles for the benefit of humanity, I'm not interested in expanding our mining side into a volunteer computing platform, primarily because I would rather support a high quality project and maintain the healing aspect or facet of biblepay.  We have a lot of things to do on the roadmap, and one behind the scenes is investigating partners in the financial sector that also have some options for us in replacing proof of work with other cool cutting edge ideas (like analyzing financial markets etc).  

I don't know if you looked up GPUGrid or not, but they seem to be in line with what you are asking.

http://www.gpugrid.net/science.php

Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Neural Disorders, and Methods (pushing boundaries within their fields). They happen to also utilize GPU's (given their name) though they are doing some tests with CPU's too. They do have times where they don't have enough work for everyone, but it would be a good compliment for those wishing to utilize GPU's for something other than mining. Currently only nVidia cards are used.  I understand not wanting to delve too quickly, but perhaps keep it on your radar.

Thanks for the opinions, but it's a bigger problem for apples flavor of arm processor to run any of the project executables (than for the phone to run boinc).

We are CPU only, so naturally suggesting gpugrid goes against the spirit of this coin.

Our two supported projects are RAH and WCG.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 10:21:35 PM

Hi everyone,

I recently got in contact with a representative from Compassion and confirmed that Biblepay is indeed sponsoring the number of children it says it is.

Below is the E-mail communication:

Hi Michael,

Sorry I was traveling for work this week and am now catching up on emails.  As of Tuesday’s report we show 302 sponsored children in the BiblePay record. Rob says he shows 306. It could be that these 4 graduated recently, moved, and are being replaced with new children in the program as we speak.  BiblePay has pre-paid for its kids many months in advance as well.

Warmly,
Ginger

Here is Ginger's LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ginger-langehennig-4b31981b/

Thanks T-Mike, this goes a long way towards Bible Pay's long term credibility.

Slovakia I guess its time for an apology and a fresh start here.  And maybe you can also pray that you receive the Holy Spirit at the same time and its a win for all of us.

On a side note, I was trying to find out how we are off by 4, and it turns out every so often, roughly every 45 days or so, we receive a pop up notice (when we are paying the bill) that says something like "This orphan has moved out of the region" or "This orphan has been met by a family and they adopted him" (Im not exact in these quotes so please excuse me), well anyway, one of the options is you have to immediately choose to replace the child with a new child or lose the child!  So Im sure I only did this correctly twice, so that explains how we can be slightly off.  But I do have record of the last change and the action (primarily because the rep called me this time).  Note I want this to be exact so I am working with ciqueue to fix it (the problem was the notification dissapears and I didnt have time to write down the ones we lost at that particular time).

So in this last case, we have replaced Jefferson with Orphanid='08113194',name='Julio Cesar Herrara Valle'.  So in this case our count didnt change, but I think in the other 3 cases, the count did decline by one.  Either way the money that was spent was spent on the child beforehand, and I assume Compassion keeps it if they are prepaid.  So this is a high priority question for me to ask Ginger.  What happens to the accumulated money if we lose a child.  I'll check this out now via e-mail.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
cuarc001

Activity: 103

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 10:23:51 PM

I think you are missing the point on the Apple branded iOS device ARM chips. The projects don't support them because BOINC is not supported on iOS. So, since BOINC cannot run on iOS at all right now due to their restrictions.... NO projects will compile their app to run on a non-existent option. They would have to code their own client and hard code the executable into it. Once there is a platform, projects will adopt as necessary. Berkeley didn't even bother making BOINC on Android until the community released nativeBOINC. Then once that was in the wild and a few projects had apps for it, Berkeley went ahead and release a compatible version. However, iOS/Apple has been discussed many of times. It all comes down to Apple not allowing the application (BOINC or any other) to download executables from external sources and thus no version of BOINC in the itunes store.

Just to name a few older threads as this topic has been around for a few years now........
https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,40130_offset,0#545813
https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,38671_offset,0#509874
http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_thread.php?id=73380#1445967
http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/forum_thread.php?id=2303
http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_thread.php?id=67236#1205622
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 10:26:35 PM

From Compassion:

Thank you for your continued love and support of children living in extreme poverty. We are so thankful for your partnership.

You probably noticed your latest letters from Maria Lorena Sousa Silva, Ariana Mabel Guerrero Chinchay, Keyla Jhasmin Rodriguez Perez, Yerson Isaac Cruz Mejia, Fabricio Gadiel Arevalo Tamay, Anner Jafet Amador Pereira, Yaret Isaac Sanches Torres, weren't quite right. Recent glitches in our child letter system sent out letters with missing, incorrect or incomplete translations, and as we tried to fix the errors, some letters were sent multiple times. We are so sorry for the confusion this may have caused you. The issue has been resolved and you should receive another copy of Maria Lorena's, Ariana Mabel's, Keyla Jhasmin's, Yerson Isaac's, Fabricio Gadiel's, Anner Jafet's, Yaret Isaac's, Jeferson Enrique's, Andy's, Aaebersa's, Kimberli Noemi's, Jamesly's, Elfrans', Habtamu letters with the correct translation soon.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 10:29:10 PM

I think you are missing the point on the Apple branded iOS device ARM chips. The projects don't support them because BOINC is not supported on iOS. So, since BOINC cannot run on iOS at all right now due to their restrictions.... NO projects will compile their app to run on a non-existent option. They would have to code their own client and hard code the executable into it. Once there is a platform, projects will adopt as necessary. Berkeley didn't even bother making BOINC on Android until the community released nativeBOINC. Then once that was in the wild and a few projects had apps for it, Berkeley went ahead and release a compatible version. However, iOS/Apple has been discussed many of times. It all comes down to Apple not allowing the application (BOINC or any other) to download executables from external sources and thus no version of BOINC in the itunes store.

I'm not missing the point.  Re-read my post.  I'll PM you.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 11:14:23 PM

Just a friendly reminder for those adding scriptures using our "prayer" feature in the wallet (IE Send Money, click Prayers checkbox, type a message into the prayer field):

The feature is really intended for prayers (IE please pray for my sick mother, she has cancer) etc. 
I realize by quoting the scripture you are trying to help non believers and I understand that, so I am not coming down with this in a negative way.

Im just suggesting that we keep the field open for prayers.  If you want to quote a scripture, try to add something in a way to make it edifying like: you will burn in hell for Jesus said:  this, so I pray that this message reaches you, Heathens.

The other thing I wanted to mention is someone pasted a really long scripture, like 1000 chars and its kind of embarassing the wallet cut it off.  So Ill make a bullet point to fix that display in the wallet. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 11:34:01 PM

Rob:

My heat-miners don't appear to work with the .6 release

"poolinfo1": "Unable to sign CPID; Unable to sign CPID; Unable to sign CPID; Unable to sign CPID; ",
  "poolinfo2": "Submitting Solution 06-12-2018 23:32:01; Failed to sign CPID Signature (Address does not refer to key); Failed to sign CPID Signature (Address does not refer to key); Submitting Solution 06-12-2018 23:31:39; ",
  "poolinfo3": ""

I've even tried a full unlock and i'm still seeing it

edit: this is on mainnet
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 12:04:26 AM

Rob:

My heat-miners don't appear to work with the .6 release

"poolinfo1": "Unable to sign CPID; Unable to sign CPID; Unable to sign CPID; Unable to sign CPID; ",
  "poolinfo2": "Submitting Solution 06-12-2018 23:32:01; Failed to sign CPID Signature (Address does not refer to key); Failed to sign CPID Signature (Address does not refer to key); Submitting Solution 06-12-2018 23:31:39; ",
  "poolinfo3": ""

I've even tried a full unlock and i'm still seeing it

edit: this is on mainnet

I am not seeing the same exact problem, but I booted up 1.1.2.6 on my desktop, saw the same error, unable to sign cpid.
Then I did this:
sendtoaddress your_bbp_address 1

This flushed my wallet and did not throw an error.

Then I did setgenerate true 7
Then I did getmininginfo, and now I have solutions.

So Im heat mining now, please try that.

If anyone else has any issues with this, let us know so we can debug this.

Checking the pool, now my shares are counting without an error.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 12:13:13 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2018, 12:55:55 AM by thesnat21

I am not seeing the same exact problem, but I booted up 1.1.2.6 on my desktop, saw the same error, unable to sign cpid.
Then I did this:

Followed the steps, seemed like it helped at first, but I'm still getting the error

edit2:

Nope.. still giving me the error

I've got a few machines presenting this, so I can do some additional testing if it helps.

feel free to e-mail me if it's easier to chat there .. (not sure of any live chat's your in.)
aikida3k

Activity: 180

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:47:32 AM

Man, what's up with our POW difficulty right now? 26006 - and it's been over an hour since the last block as a result. Crazy.

I don't understand this obsession with PoW difficulty. Difficulty goes up and down to keep the average blocktime as close to 7 minutes as possible. Since network hashrate changes and time to produce an acceptable hash is not guaranteed, you will see fluctuation of blocktime and difficulty. Ideally, you want the smallest gap between min & max time between blocks but this not possible with proof-of-work algorithm.

Well, I'm not sure I'd go with the word "obsession" - but let me explain why it is interesting. The sliding scale of difficulty to hit 7 minute blocks is obvious and uninteresting - however, you said it yourself, that the network hashrate changes. The comment is roughly equivalent to "wow, our network hashrate 2 hours ago must have been much much higher than now, because our difficulty is high and it has taken a long time to get a block as a result - meaning that the difficulty will again soon slide back down to adapt to the fact that our network hashrate has shrunk."

What it does it tell us some things about who is mining when. If the network hash suddenly increases such that our difficulty triples for an hour or two and then goes back down, how is that not a conversation topic? Nobody who has that much hash power is doing this adhoc, which means we have the part-time attention of some very big players. I find that a worthy note and a good discussion point. I do NOT find "DUH, 7 minute blocks!" to be an interesting point, but I guess to each their own.

If the network hash rate is suddenly increasing for a short time, someone could very well be attempting a 51% attack to try and attempt to induce the ability to double spend. 

Rob, what are the controls that make sure this doesn't happen?  What prevents someone from registering a CPID with Rosetta and then spinning up as many heat miners as they can to try and gain 51% or more of the network hash rate?  They don't have the incentive to heat mine for reward but they have an incentive to attack and double spend.

I don't yet know as much about this as I should, but doesn't the chain have to fork for a 51% attack and an attempt at double spend (spending currency the attacker did not earn) to be successful?  So at 51% of the hash rate the attacker has the ability to enforce their own version of the blockchain, which in their own version, they could give themselves as much coin as they wanted.  Couldn't we use the masternodes as trusted nodes to check for forks in the chain or unauthorized changes in the chain to prevent a successful 51% attack?  Can you explain the security we have against a 51% attack?  Thanks, Rob.
aikida3k

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:57:19 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2018, 05:34:19 PM by aikida3k

aikida3k

Activity: 155

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0
Ignore

Re: BiblePay | Masternodes | Sanctuaries | POBH - ASIC Resistant | 10% ORPHANS
2018-06-06, 22:14:04
Reply with quote  +Merit  #8335
The United States is on the cusp of no longer being a great nation.

Kim Kardashian became famous by selling sex tapes of herself with some unknown rapper.  She has been married several times.  Kim Kardashian is a whore and an adulterer.  
Donald Trump has been married several times.  Donald Trump has had affairs with other women.  Donald Trump is an adulterer.  

Yesterday, the whore had the president's ear and was able to move the president to release a prisoner.  It was for a good cause.  But Donald Trump was motivated to do it for support from Kanye West; for political support from the black community.  It is a sign of the times that adulterers of such magnitude are the ones that are able to get things done.

I know things can get judgy in here.  But this is really bad. It is.

Yes, Kim Kardashian was married to Kris Humphries.  They divorced.  Since they are divorced they are adulterers.  Selling a sex tape of yourself with a rapper is an act of whoredom.

Technically, ANY PREMARITAL SEX IS ADULTERY.  WE ARE PROBABLY ALL ADULTERERS whether we like it or not.  I, myself have not had sex in over 6 years.  I am 6'6" 39 years old and make my own money.  I am decent looking.  But Peter trying to defend you, thinking that you can get into a committed relationship and still have sex and not be committing adultery upon your future  spouse is PATENTLY FALSE.  

Confess your sins one to another.

I still have issues with masterbation.  I do it mainly to help fall asleep and to make sure I do not turn into a DRY TREE.  We live in evil times.

Donald Trump is an adulterer. Kim Kardashian is a whore and an adulterer.  I don't mind placing myself in danger of the judgement. I am ready.

I know of one woman who is 40ish and still a virgin.  She is not an adulterer.  Her name is Ann Barnhardt.  Look her up on youtube.

You really need to learn respect for the sacrament of marriage.  To combine 2 into one flesh is a big deal, especially in the eyes of God.

Finally, it isn't me pasting scripture.  I haven't even run the wallet in over a week.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 03:49:55 AM

Then I did this:

Followed the steps, seemed like it helped at first, but I'm still getting the error

edit2:

Nope.. still giving me the error

I've got a few machines presenting this, so I can do some additional testing if it helps.

feel free to e-mail me if it's easier to chat there .. (not sure of any live chat's your in.)

I don't see a problem with 1.1.2.6, this looks to be on your end.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 06:21:09 AM

I don't think it is helpful to point fingers. You could always build one client specific to a project such as Rosetta@Home or World Community Grid. Get a minimal viable product released and go from there. Since BOINC is a volunteer effort, I'm not sure there's a developer available to take on the effort. Plus trying to get ARM version to work on Apple's ARM version may or may not be so easy. I'm not a chip pro, but I read Apple made their own optimizations... Not sure how easy or hard it would be to make the migration in code.

Rob, what are the controls that make sure this doesn't happen?  What prevents someone from registering a CPID with Rosetta and then spinning up as many heat miners as they can to try and gain 51% or more of the network hash rate?

This question is not addressed to me, but he has answered this question here: https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=109.0

"limit CPIDs from solving only one block per 6 block period."

Not sure if this was just a proposal, or actually in production as a safeguard already...

The feature is really intended for prayers (IE please pray for my sick mother, she has cancer) etc.  

Sorry, that was me again. I'll try to put prayers instead of long bible quotes. I was thinking of a prayer, but got so involved with the quote.

You really need to learn respect for the sacrament of marriage.  To combine 2 into one flesh is a big deal, especially in the eyes of God.

Please do not post Private Messages (PMs) in to a public forum. There's a reason why I PMed you and they are called Private Messages. If you can, please delete the part where I wrote you.

I'm not sure its really our place to judge others so vehemently when we are all sinners and there's no real effort to encourage change in K. Kardashian. Matthew 7:5 ESV
"You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye."

sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 06:29:34 AM

RE: PoDC Update

I seem to be able to send PoDC Updates with zero fee.

Can someone else try?

Send tab
* Radio box on Custom
* Uncheck Pay only the required fee
* Check on Send as zero-fee

Not sure what the consequence of zero-fee will be when the network has more traffic and solo/pool miners decide what transactions (txs) to include in a block.

dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:35:45 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2018, 06:50:42 AM by dave_bbp

So I tested 1.1.2.6 on my two Windows machines (old Thinkpad Win7, newer Xeon Win10). Here's what I see so far:

1. The startup is indeed much faster without the "memorizing prayers" step. Nice work there. Smiley
2. After the wallet opened there is a longer period of time with huge CPU utilization. This is the "memorizing prayers" step I suppose?
3. I immediately got the CPID errors mentioned by thesnat.
4. The self-payment Rob suggested helped this error for approx. 1 minute, then it returned. Cheesy
5. The errors are independent of OS and occur on both pools (main pool and purepool) alike.

Hope this helps a bit. Wink

Edit: Well, that's strange. On my Win10-Xeon it seems to have sorted itself out after maybe 10 minutes and is now submitting solutions as usual. On the Win7-Thinkpad getmininginfo is still full of CPID errors.
aikida3k

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:47:29 AM

Rob, what are the controls that make sure this doesn't happen?  What prevents someone from registering a CPID with Rosetta and then spinning up as many heat miners as they can to try and gain 51% or more of the network hash rate?

This question is not addressed to me, but he has answered this question here: https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=109.0

"limit CPIDs from solving only one block per 6 block period."

Not sure if this was just a proposal, or actually in production as a safeguard already...

Please do not post Private Messages (PMs) in to a public forum. There's a reason why I PMed you and they are called Private Messages. If you can, please delete the part where I wrote you.

I'm not sure its really our place to judge others so vehemently when we are all sinners and there's no real effort to encourage change in K. Kardashian. Matthew 7:5 ESV
"You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye."

This is what I was looking for:
from Rob
The reason a CPID with N magnitude does not need to equate to Y hashes per second for the CPIDs corresponding heat miners : is because one solved block with massive hashpower at that instance does not move the attacker closer to controlling our chain.  It moves them 1/CPID(Count) closer.  Which means my statement above, requiring you to control 51% of the cpids remains true.

Although I may have more questions as I learn more in the future.  

I appreciate you posting that link about the interaction with Swongel, but I wont delete the message you PMed: you accused me of libel.  It is up to Rob to delete the post if he decides.  No effort is made to change Kim Kardashian because it is not in our culture to make Kim Kardashian change.  Kanye has stated he is a Christian so he has ample opportunity to show her.  I wouldn't want Kim Kardashian to be broken into Christian faith.  I wouldn't have even wanted Paul the Disciple to be broken into faith.  There is only one scripture that supports breaking a person into faith: Matthew 21:44 "Anyone who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; anyone on whom it falls will be crushed." My advice? Don't fall and look out above!  I much prefer when Christ said, "My yoke is easy and my burden is light."  The simple truth about Kim Kardashian is that it is doubtful she will change because of money.  They sell sex and sex appeal for money.  If they changed, they wouldn't make nearly so much money.  

I am making my judgement based on "Judge not lest ye be judged."  And I am prepared for judgement.

Peace be with you.
aikida3k

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:53:42 AM

Rob, can we change the symbol for finding a block and getting reward from a dove to a fish in homage to Matthew 17:27

However, not to give offense to them, go to the sea and cast a hook and take the first fish that comes up, and when you open its mouth you will find a shekel. Take that and give it to them for me and for yourself.”

A descending dove represents the Holy Spirit.  We wouldn't want to trouble the Holy Spirit, especially for monetary trivialities. 

Blessing of the Lord.
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:25:08 AM

Yes, Kim Kardashian was married to...

Can we please try to keep this post specifically relevant to BiblePay. For example, I don't think everyone wants to read some of the things you posted, certainly it would make some people (for example my wife, or some teenage girl who is interested in BiblePay) uncomfortable to hear about personal sin issues, especially of the kind you wrote about.

Perhaps you could start up a new channel for confessing sin, asking for prayer for these things. But in my opinion, it is better to keep this channel about BiblePay cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: