Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:24:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 [409] 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243167 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 06:47:16 PM

I dont see a problem with 1.1.2.6, Im still mining after 24 hours. 

To diagnose this in prod, first type:

exec datalist dcc;YYYY 365

Where YYYY equals the first 4 chars of your CPID.  Paste the results here.

Step 2:

Type 'exec podcupdate' and paste the results here.

I'm sure the other person who had the problem resolved itself after the prayers were memorized.  The high cpu usage during 15 seconds after the GUI loads is just the prayers being memorized in the background.

You should leave the machine on for at least 10 minutes of mining to see if the errors clear.
Thank's for at least considering the issue.

sent you pm's details for prod and test environments.

PROD: one machine is mining again off the new wallet,  the rest are still reporting errors.
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:51:32 PM

I've found a very interesting concept which could be useful in the times during and after The Great Tribulation:

PoHW (Proof of Human Work)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4459113

@Rob, I think you may like this concept. I wonder if something along those lines could be in BiblePay someday.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:03:36 PM

Omni Analytics Group
@OmniAnalytics
https://twitter.com/OmniAnalytics/status/1006234347236679680

BiblePay (BBP) is one of the few masternode coins with a Governance system!

Check out OmniAnalytics, they do other interesting analysis on Masternode Coins

616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:22:02 PM

So if anything 35% is to me unfair to the operator and insufficient.

Fairness and logic aside, there's something to be said for predictability making changes slowly. If you want to attract people to the pool, there needs to be some sort of incentive favoring the cruncher. I also think fee changes need to come slowly and with a lot of thought. Sure, if you want to treat the pool like a corporate business, you'd want to extract maximum profit, but I think there's a few other factors where slowly making changes will create big disruptions for the DC projects, BiblePay, nor the pool.

I think of bbppool as a form of advertising. You reduce the barrier to entry and more people will hold BBP. A big user base has more value long-term because of the network effect. Look at PayPal, eBay, Facebook, etc.  Growth became exponential as more users joined.

Like the BiblePay Faucet, might I suggest bbppool be partially subsidize up to max # of RACs. Add KYC type verification, and you can mitigate some of the botnet type issues.

The pool operator has not asked for any compensation.  35% by my numbers will be still operating as a loss compared to running Sanctuary (after considering the time and expense of running the staking pool versus the ease of running a Sanctuary).

My hope when I approached the operator was he would be willing to do the work to change the GRCPool software to work with BBP and we could then make a proposal to do it internally.  However, he jumped right in and was willing to do the work to a much greater degree.  I had also hoped it would lower the barrier to entry and grow the coin.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 08:39:42 PM

I started running BOINC on an Android device a couple of days ago.

It shows up in Your Computers at my boinc.bakerlab.org account, user name zthomasz.

It has crunched some Rosetta tasks (Avg Credit 65, Total Credit 673) but it is not in the Rosetta Unbanked Report at pool.biblepay.org.

Is there anything I need to do to get it listed on at the pool?

First please ensure it is part of team Biblepay.

Next, decide if you want it to share your existing CPID (IE if you have other PCs associated with your wallet and want to add the phone on to that existing cpid).  If you do, just ensure the e-mail matches your other machines e-mail, and then all machines + this phone will tally to your controller wallet magnitude.

If you are sure you want to make it an unbanked phone, with its own distinct CPID, then you can log into the pool, and click Account | Associate Unbanked Device.  Once that is done you should show up in the unbanked report after ~ 6 confirms or so.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 08:48:23 PM

I was under the impression, perhaps incorrectly, that an attacker could have 1 CPID to gain magnitude and use the rest of the machines as heat miners to enforce that attack to solve 1 block at 51% of the network hash rate.  I wondered if solving that 1 block would cause the chain to fork and thus giving the attacker their way against the coin and allowing double spend.  What you are saying is that greater than 3 blocks need to be solved consecutively with over 51% of network hash rate in order to even begin at starting a successful 51% attack?

There is a website that has been published that is listing the cost of attempted 1 hour 51% attacks for various coins:  http://crypto51.app  I haven't tried to calculate the 1 hour cost myself, so I am still a little bit skeptical at some of the assumed costs for some of the coins are so low.  For example, the 1 hour attack cost of Vertcoin is $700.  

What is unique about Biblepay is that Rob has come up with a much better solution to prevent 51% attacks.  Staking to mine makes a possible attack more expensive (Even though a small stake would be required to heat mine, it is a good solution to require for other POW coins).  The unique CPID requirement makes an attack more difficult.  I am interested in more general solutions to preventing 51% attacks to make crypto safer and more sustainable.  If all coins required a unique ID like a burned CPID, Nicehash could require a CPID tied to a user's account so that someone attempting a 51% attack through Nicehash would be stopped.  

The brute force hash attack (with one CPID) will not work.  Because renting 51%*2500 PCs of hashpower will only let them solve 1 block with the single cpid.  To solve blocks N+2 to N+7, they need distinct CPIDs (or there is not a valid solution).  Thats why they would also need those rented machines to have associated distinct CPIDs with magnitude. 

Note that they are not causing the chain to fork.  They are trying to become the dominant miner on the main chain and then fraudulently inject a double spend after solving X consecutive blocks.  The entire attack fails if one of our good cpids solves Any block in between. 

Yes, the unique CPID idea with nicehash is true but this is also a classic tradeoff between anonymity and security.  Most coins do not consider GUIDs or CPIDs because they feel the users are losing anonymity.  We however needed it for cancer mining so we leverage it for security.  And of course our users know they can use nicknames etc in boinc, so they really dont lose anonymity (except for stats tracking which is a benefit).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 08:49:37 PM

I've found a very interesting concept which could be useful in the times during and after The Great Tribulation:

PoHW (Proof of Human Work)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4459113

@Rob, I think you may like this concept. I wonder if something along those lines could be in BiblePay someday.

I read it and have read similar ideas in the past, but the problem still appears to be the actual verification process can be hacked in opensource software.

It's an interesting concept though.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 09:01:20 PM

I don't see a problem with 1.1.2.6, this looks to be on your end.

Classic IT response..  I'll sit back and watch if others encounter issues.

edit2:
Same message on testnet with a "clean" install and associated cpid.

...  Let me check into this...

Where YYYY equals the first 4 chars of your CPID.  Paste the results here.

Step 2:

I'm sure the other person who had the problem resolved itself after the prayers were memorized.  The high cpu usage during 15 seconds after the GUI loads is just the prayers being memorized in the background.

You should leave the machine on for at least 10 minutes of mining to see if the errors clear.

Wallet has been running for hours, but no POBh possible.

Code:
{
  "DataList": "DCC;7C92",
  "4559FEF3C1C689EE9FC3FF42494 (03-07-2018 20:01:05)": "7c9264559fef3c1c689ee9fc3ff42494;BNetxsZfjyNfW73Kvsh5AYLHENpEHcR3qh;BNetxsZfjyNfW73Kvsh5AYLHENpEHcR3qh;1981794;IIN5nTV5xxNV9tflryvwAcWzvf9WyxKPUx1XxpKGl1tgOZQ3uXzDIxPgjxxTtUIyZXHa1TMzDuTFcPDS7cl/U10=;0"
}

Code:
{
  "Command": "podcupdate",
  "PODCUpdate": "Unable to find any CPIDS.  Please try exec getboincinfo."
}

Thx for looking into this. In the meantime: is there an archive with the old 1.1.2.4 win64-install? I'd like to go back to that for the time being...

So your CPID is in the chain and it cant send a podcupdate, interesting. 

Alright please see if downgrading actually solves it; I only have 1.1.1.9, which should be OK for this, here is the link:

https://pool.biblepay.org/downloads/biblepaycore-1.1.1-win64.exe

I'll check further into the problem.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 09:11:14 PM

I don't see a problem with 1.1.2.6, this looks to be on your end.

Classic IT response..  I'll sit back and watch if others encounter issues.

edit2:
Same message on testnet with a "clean" install and associated cpid.

...  Let me check into this...

Where YYYY equals the first 4 chars of your CPID.  Paste the results here.

Step 2:

I'm sure the other person who had the problem resolved itself after the prayers were memorized.  The high cpu usage during 15 seconds after the GUI loads is just the prayers being memorized in the background.

Wallet has been running for hours, but no POBh possible.

Code:
{
  "DataList": "DCC;7C92",
  "4559FEF3C1C689EE9FC3FF42494 (03-07-2018 20:01:05)": "7c9264559fef3c1c689ee9fc3ff42494;BNetxsZfjyNfW73Kvsh5AYLHENpEHcR3qh;BNetxsZfjyNfW73Kvsh5AYLHENpEHcR3qh;1981794;IIN5nTV5xxNV9tflryvwAcWzvf9WyxKPUx1XxpKGl1tgOZQ3uXzDIxPgjxxTtUIyZXHa1TMzDuTFcPDS7cl/U10=;0"
}

Code:
{
  "Command": "podcupdate",
  "PODCUpdate": "Unable to find any CPIDS.  Please try exec getboincinfo."
}

Thx for looking into this. In the meantime: is there an archive with the old 1.1.2.4 win64-install? I'd like to go back to that for the time being...

Alright please see if downgrading actually solves it; I only have 1.1.1.9, which should be OK for this, here is the link:

Before you downgrade please try this and tell me if it solves it so we know the problem:

Boot wallet
Wait 5 mins
Type exec getboincinfo
(Verify the CPID is present)
Type exec podcupdate
(Verify you dont see the error that no cpids exist that you saw before)

Then do: (This means you start the miner *after* exec getboincinfo was called)
setgenerate true 5 (or whatever number)

getmininginfo

Tell me if it mines.  I think the problem is that 'exec getboincinfo' has to be run before 'setgenerate true X'.  If that is the case its a race condition that needs a line of code during boot to fix 1.1.2.6.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
aikida3k

Activity: 180
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:42:05 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2018, 09:56:58 PM by aikida3k

I was under the impression, perhaps incorrectly, that an attacker could have 1 CPID to gain magnitude and use the rest of the machines as heat miners to enforce that attack to solve 1 block at 51% of the network hash rate.  I wondered if solving that 1 block would cause the chain to fork and thus giving the attacker their way against the coin and allowing double spend.  What you are saying is that greater than 3 blocks need to be solved consecutively with over 51% of network hash rate in order to even begin at starting a successful 51% attack?

There is a website that has been published that is listing the cost of attempted 1 hour 51% attacks for various coins:  http://crypto51.app  I haven't tried to calculate the 1 hour cost myself, so I am still a little bit skeptical at some of the assumed costs for some of the coins are so low.  For example, the 1 hour attack cost of Vertcoin is $700.  

What is unique about Biblepay is that Rob has come up with a much better solution to prevent 51% attacks.  Staking to mine makes a possible attack more expensive (Even though a small stake would be required to heat mine, it is a good solution to require for other POW coins).  The unique CPID requirement makes an attack more difficult.  I am interested in more general solutions to preventing 51% attacks to make crypto safer and more sustainable.  If all coins required a unique ID like a burned CPID, Nicehash could require a CPID tied to a user's account so that someone attempting a 51% attack through Nicehash would be stopped.  

The brute force hash attack (with one CPID) will not work.  Because renting 51%*2500 PCs of hashpower will only let them solve 1 block with the single cpid.  To solve blocks N+2 to N+7, they need distinct CPIDs (or there is not a valid solution).  Thats why they would also need those rented machines to have associated distinct CPIDs with magnitude.  

Note that they are not causing the chain to fork.  They are trying to become the dominant miner on the main chain and then fraudulently inject a double spend after solving X consecutive blocks.  The entire attack fails if one of our good cpids solves Any block in between.  

Yes, the unique CPID idea with nicehash is true but this is also a classic tradeoff between anonymity and security.  Most coins do not consider GUIDs or CPIDs because they feel the users are losing anonymity.  We however needed it for cancer mining so we leverage it for security.  And of course our users know they can use nicknames etc in boinc, so they really dont lose anonymity (except for stats tracking which is a benefit).

Note that they are not causing the chain to fork.  They are trying to become the dominant miner on the main chain and then fraudulently inject a double spend after solving X consecutive blocks.  The entire attack fails if one of our good cpids solves Any block in between.  

So the theoretical minimum base case not considering confirmations for an attack is 2 distinct CPIDs with 51% of network hash rate that solve 2 consecutive blocks?  One block is solved to inject the amount to double spend and receive confirmations and the next block to send the transaction to the exchange?  This is theoretically though, because you said to inject a coinbase, the perpetrator would need 100 confirmations, which would take much longer than only 2 blocks thus making a 51% attack very unlikely?  Because the CPID solving consecutive block rules comes into play.  So then an attacker would need 51% of CPIDs.  If I am understanding this correctly, I am impressed, Rob. Brilliant.

I am curious about this.  I am in the beginning stages of trying to compare the way you designed this and trying to compare it to what Stellar does by using trusted nodes.  I know Stellar isn't POW but I am interested in what they do.  So I'm looking for what the minimum threshold for an attack would be, not to expose it but to learn the risk.  Thanks for your patience.

To me, in this case where peoples' savings are on the line, it is a no brainer to favor security over anonymity.  The miners would be tracked but still have a reasonable amount of anonymity.  They just forfeit hiding how much hash power they are contributing to the network.

I wish the industry would start to tilt more towards CPU coins with these ideas: unique IDs which limit solving consecutive blocks and staking to mine.  I think it is much more sustainable for the entire crypto market.  The problem is getting people to pay attention and adopt.
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:46:48 PM

Before you downgrade please try this and tell me if it solves it so we know the problem:

Boot wallet
Wait 5 mins
Type exec getboincinfo
Type exec podcupdate

getmininginfo

Tell me if it mines.  I think the problem is that 'exec getboincinfo' has to be run before 'setgenerate true X'.  If that is the case its a race condition that needs a line of code during boot to fix 1.1.2.6.

Yep, that's exactly it!
What I did:
1. Stop wallet.
2. Change to "gen=0" in config
3. Start wallet, wait shortly.
4. exec getboincinfo was successful
5. exec podcupdate was successful (!)
6. setgenerate true 4
7. getmininginfo showed no errors (!)

Nice troubleshooting. Smiley

btw: it's almost midnight, I'm going to bed now. Cheesy
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 10:17:56 PM

Boot wallet
Wait 5 mins
Type exec getboincinfo
Type exec podcupdate

getmininginfo

Tell me if it mines.  I think the problem is that 'exec getboincinfo' has to be run before 'setgenerate true X'.  If that is the case its a race condition that needs a line of code during boot to fix 1.1.2.6.

I'll give it a go when i'm home.  But the race condition sounds logical.

When I logged into the wallet and ran "exec podcupdate true" on testnet it gave me an error about missing cpid
this was solved after running exec getboincinfo
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 10:26:13 PM

Boot wallet
Wait 5 mins
Type exec getboincinfo
Type exec podcupdate

getmininginfo

Tell me if it mines.  I think the problem is that 'exec getboincinfo' has to be run before 'setgenerate true X'.  If that is the case its a race condition that needs a line of code during boot to fix 1.1.2.6.

Yep, that's exactly it!
What I did:
1. Stop wallet.
6. setgenerate true 4

Thanks a lot for the debugging guys.

So it looks like it was a race condition based on the logic also (caused by moving those prayers to the background thread).

Ok, Im testing the fix now, Ill have 1.1.2.7 out there before midnight tonight. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:35:12 PM

It shows up in Your Computers at my boinc.bakerlab.org account, user name zthomasz.

It has crunched some Rosetta tasks (Avg Credit 65, Total Credit 673) but it is not in the Rosetta Unbanked Report at pool.biblepay.org.

Next, decide if you want it to share your existing CPID (IE if you have other PCs associated with your wallet and want to add the phone on to that existing cpid).  If you do, just ensure the e-mail matches your other machines e-mail, and then all machines + this phone will tally to your controller wallet magnitude.

If you are sure you want to make it an unbanked phone, with its own distinct CPID, then you can log into the pool, and click Account | Associate Unbanked Device.  Once that is done you should show up in the unbanked report after ~ 6 confirms or so.

I have BOINC running on Windows PCs and Linux servers using the same CPID and associated with the same wallet.

If I want my Android device to be Unbanked, I just attach it to a new Rosetta account with a new CPID.

Do I need to associate the new CPID/Android with a new BBP wallet, or can I use the same wallet that I use for my Windows/Linux devices?
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:08:48 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2018, 11:31:20 PM by jaapgvk

I have BOINC running on Windows PCs and Linux servers using the same CPID and associated with the same wallet.

If I want my Android device to be Unbanked, I just attach it to a new Rosetta account with a new CPID.

Do I need to associate the new CPID/Android with a new BBP wallet, or can I use the same wallet that I use for my Windows/Linux devices?

You need to associate it with your account in the pool, but you can use a receive-address from one of your current wallets.

(There is a guide on the new website btw Wink )

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:39:11 PM

Omni Analytics Group
@OmniAnalytics
https://twitter.com/OmniAnalytics/status/1006234347236679680

BiblePay (BBP) is one of the few masternode coins with a Governance system!

Check out OmniAnalytics, they do other interesting analysis on Masternode Coins

I think this is a very cool chart that shows our legitimacy Smiley

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 02:11:06 AM

Boot wallet
Wait 5 mins
Type exec getboincinfo
Type exec podcupdate

getmininginfo

Yep, that's exactly it!
What I did:
1. Stop wallet.
6. setgenerate true 4

Thanks a lot for the debugging guys.

So it looks like it was a race condition based on the logic also (caused by moving those prayers to the background thread).

Ok, Im testing the fix now, Ill have 1.1.2.7 out there before midnight tonight. 

Anyone who was testing 1.1.2.6 and had mining problems, please upgrade to 1.1.2.7.

The race condition should be fixed now...

Note in 1.1.2.7 getmininginfo will show something to the effect of "Loading CPIDs" until the wallet is warmed up.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 02:58:24 AM

The worst race condition in software:

https://blog.bugsnag.com/bug-day-race-condition-therac-25/

Quickest loss of $460 million:

https://blog.bugsnag.com/bug-day-460m-loss/

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:40:03 AM

You need to associate it with your account in the pool, but you can use a receive-address from one of your current wallets.

Thanks, I knew that. My question is ... Do I need to associate the new CPID/Android with a new BBP wallet, or can I use the same wallet that I use for my Windows/Linux devices?

Wiki guide:
To associate the Researchers CPID with Biblepay, perform the following steps:

Ensure you have an account with Rosetta@Home, and a CPID
    Launch Biblepay
    Click on the Distributed Computing Association Tab from the home page of the wallet
    Populate "Rosetta@Home" in the Project Name by choosing it from the drop down
    Populate your Rosetta@Home UserName in the UserName field
    Populate your Rosetta@Home Password in the Password field
    Click Associate

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 03:56:45 AM

Thanks, I knew that. My question is ... Do I need to associate the new CPID/Android with a new BBP wallet, or can I use the same wallet that I use for my Windows/Linux devices?

Wiki guide:
To associate the Researchers CPID with Biblepay, perform the following steps:

Ensure you have an account with Rosetta@Home, and a CPID
    Launch Biblepay
    Click on the Distributed Computing Association Tab from the home page of the wallet
    Populate "Rosetta@Home" in the Project Name by choosing it from the drop down
    Populate your Rosetta@Home UserName in the UserName field
    Populate your Rosetta@Home Password in the Password field
    Click Associate

When you associate an unbanked CPID with a receiving address using the pool, it actually sets up the core wallet to receive payments to that address as long as that CPID only has ARM RAC (and is a distinct CPID).  So you do not need a new wallet to do this.  (Note: the payments do not come from the pool, this is just a service for convenience since an unbanked user may not have a PC).

So as long as this CPID is ARM only, you can use an existing receiving address and not hose your home machines research income.

NOTE:  Here is the actual warning, of when you can hose your research:  If you build up some rac on CPID X (using non arm PC devices), and associate CPID X from the pool 10 days later, since we only allow the Last instance of the CPID to be honored in the chain, you have now effectively deleted your home PC CPID and its RAC.  So you would effectively Cut off your income and your unbanked income would not work either (since you have PC RAC - making it technically fail the unbanked test).  To unravel this you would just need to re-associate your CPID X at home on a PC (outside of the pool).  The pool is just for ARM-only cpids.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 [409] 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: