Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:54:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 [410] 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243167 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:53:33 AM

Anyone who was testing 1.1.2.6 and had mining problems, please upgrade to 1.1.2.7.

The race condition should be fixed now...

Note in 1.1.2.7 getmininginfo will show something to the effect of "Loading CPIDs" until the wallet is warmed up.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Yep, starts and runs smoothly now with gen=1 in the config. Running getmininginfo directly after startup gives the new info "Please wait for CPIDs to be memorized..." (besides "Submitting Solution..") which is resolved after a minute or so. Nice work! Smiley

@Lichtsucher: I'd love to have this version in the Ubuntu PPA to use it on my Raspberries. Wink
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:45:13 AM

I remember talk about giving out BiblePay paper wallets, thought this was an interesting find:

https://twitter.com/kanuuker/status/1005478613326729216
https://cryptotip.org/

https://www.bctip.org/en/
https://github.com/norn/bctip

togoshigekata

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:18:26 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2018, 11:04:22 AM by togoshigekata

Hi everyone,

I recently got in contact with a representative from Compassion and confirmed that Biblepay is indeed sponsoring the number of children it says it is.

Below is the E-mail communication:

Hi Michael,

Sorry I was traveling for work this week and am now catching up on emails.  As of Tuesday’s report we show 302 sponsored children in the BiblePay record. Rob says he shows 306. It could be that these 4 graduated recently, moved, and are being replaced with new children in the program as we speak.  BiblePay has pre-paid for its kids many months in advance as well.

Warmly,
Ginger

Here is Ginger's LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ginger-langehennig-4b31981b/

Great work TMike!

===

Is This Coin a Scam?

https://isthiscoinascam.com/check/biblepay

Ive updated the owner with last 2 pieces of information,
previous form submissions didnt work, so I contacted the owner on telegram today and he is going to update it Smiley

Please leave a review of BiblePay!

===

"Is Biblepay a scam? Ponzi scheme using the Bible + orphans as its cover?"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2389936.0

"Biblepay Scam - In the beginning 'Rob' created a scam.."
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2408530.0

These 2 links show up in Bitcointalk section when searching BiblePay keyword,
any good way to reply to these threads?

Lichtsucher

Activity: 219

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:21:05 AM

@Lichtsucher: I'd love to have this version in the Ubuntu PPA to use it on my Raspberries. Wink

You are right, I started it right now Smiley

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
togoshigekata

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:37:37 PM

Help test the latest BiblePay code in Testnet!

jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:59:24 PM

Is it possible that there is a problem with the payout of the letter-writing bounty?

I've written six letters in may (using two accounts), and as far as I can see, only one or two of those letters have received payout and one letter is still in the 'outgoing letters' section.

I would be strange if the other three letters were downvoted, since I think that they were good quality letters (with photos attached to them).

Also, when I try to write a letter now, a box pops up saying 'outbound letter exceeded - Sorry, please wait until next month to write more letters'. On both my accounts, the outbound letter counter says '3', so that's right, but I've written the letters in May, so it should have been reset by now, right?

On the letter: is it possible to see the letters you have sent? It would be good documentation for myself to have an archive of which children I sent what Smiley

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 09:39:23 PM

Is it possible that there is a problem with the payout of the letter-writing bounty?

I've written six letters in may (using two accounts), and as far as I can see, only one or two of those letters have received payout and one letter is still in the 'outgoing letters' section.

I would be strange if the other three letters were downvoted, since I think that they were good quality letters (with photos attached to them).

Also, when I try to write a letter now, a box pops up saying 'outbound letter exceeded - Sorry, please wait until next month to write more letters'. On both my accounts, the outbound letter counter says '3', so that's right, but I've written the letters in May, so it should have been reset by now, right?

On the letter: is it possible to see the letters you have sent? It would be good documentation for myself to have an archive of which children I sent what Smiley

Hi Jaap,

I think one issue is the net upvotes required were changed to 10 from 7 a little while back when the corrupt person was copy-pasting. 
But the easiest thing to do is if you give me the "added" timestamp of one of the letters that is not paid yet, and let me specifically check one.  Then I can check the actual business logic.  Note that if it says 'approved=0' that would explain why you were not paid yet (approved get set to 1 after 10 net upvotes are hit).

I plan on adding an indicator that shows how much of the 500K bounty we spent on letter rewards somewhere on the front page so we know when we need a proposal for a refill.

Hmmm, yes on the 'please wait until next month' we were checking for any letters you wrote even if sent; to make this easier I changed it to letters written within 30 days that have not been sent (up to 3), please try now.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
PhaseshiftUK

Activity: 345
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:41:28 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2018, 06:40:16 AM by PhaseshiftUK

On the Pool it is now saying "CPID:   No information is available. Please setup your CPID in account info" for me, despite it being set up.  I'm aware that my RAC is probably fairly low currently after having either turned off or disabled Boinc on the 3 PCs that I use (I have to move them while redecorating), but similarly I expected that I'd still be generating some PoDC payments, but nothing since the 7th June.

I am also apparently not generating any BBP with my PoBH mining (just 1 thread, so I'm not expecting much, but something greater than zero).

I upgraded to 1.1.2.7 yesterday, but that doesn't seem to have made any difference.  Could you look into these please Rob?

Multiple Fiat currencies and buy/sell of Cryptocurrencies supported. Exchange EUR or USD to your local currency at low inter-bank rates.
MIP

Activity: 362
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:08:35 AM

If you are interested in getting BBP listed in mnode.club masternode monitoring site, please register and vote for it:

https://mnode.club/g/coinvote/BBP

It allows you to have a multi-coin masternode list and it sends you alerts of rewards and when nodes are down! Pretty useful tool.

Thank you!
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 01:22:19 PM

On the Pool it is now saying "CPID:   No information is available. Please setup your CPID in account info" for me, despite it being set up.  I'm aware that my RAC is probably fairly low currently after having either turned off or disabled Boinc on the 3 PCs that I use (I have to move them while redecorating), but similarly I expected that I'd still be generating some PoDC payments, but nothing since the 7th June.

I am also apparently not generating any BBP with my PoBH mining (just 1 thread, so I'm not expecting much, but something greater than zero).

I upgraded to 1.1.2.7 yesterday, but that doesn't seem to have made any difference.  Could you look into these please Rob?

can you run exec getboincinfo and paste the result here?
PhaseshiftUK

Activity: 345
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:59:21 PM

can you run exec getboincinfo and paste the result here?

Ah:

Code:
"Warning": "CPID 557d748a659072797daf84734316fd49 not in team Biblepay.  This CPID is not receiving rewards for cancer research.",

I'd presumed that the membership was voluntary, not a requirement...  Readded now.

Multiple Fiat currencies and buy/sell of Cryptocurrencies supported. Exchange EUR or USD to your local currency at low inter-bank rates.
leetlezee

Activity: 232
Merit: 38

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:00:02 PM

I think one issue is the net upvotes required were changed to 10 from 7 a little while back when the corrupt person was copy-pasting.  
But the easiest thing to do is if you give me the "added" timestamp of one of the letters that is not paid yet, and let me specifically check one.  Then I can check the actual business logic.  Note that if it says 'approved=0' that would explain why you were not paid yet (approved get set to 1 after 10 net upvotes are hit).

I plan on adding an indicator that shows how much of the 500K bounty we spent on letter rewards somewhere on the front page so we know when we need a proposal for a refill.

Hmmm, yes on the 'please wait until next month' we were checking for any letters you wrote even if sent; to make this easier I changed it to letters written within 30 days that have not been sent (up to 3), please try now.

So I wrote three new letters, but one of them is not showing up in the list for some reason, although it must be in the system because it says I need to wait until next month to write any more letters.

Also, increasing the upvotes required to 10 may backfire a bit as it doesn't seem like many people vote on the letters.

I also agree with Jaap that it would be great to be able to our own past letters so we can keep track of which orphans we've written to and try to write to them again if we can.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 03:32:49 PM

But the easiest thing to do is if you give me the "added" timestamp of one of the letters that is not paid yet, and let me specifically check one.  Then I can check the actual business logic.  Note that if it says 'approved=0' that would explain why you were not paid yet (approved get set to 1 after 10 net upvotes are hit).

So I wrote three new letters, but one of them is not showing up in the list for some reason, although it must be in the system because it says I need to wait until next month to write any more letters.

Also, increasing the upvotes required to 10 may backfire a bit as it doesn't seem like many people vote on the letters.

I also agree with Jaap that it would be great to be able to our own past letters so we can keep track of which orphans we've written to and try to write to them again if we can.

Yes, I agree that would be a good feature.  I think we can make that happen.  We have one more high priority feature however that Luke and Jaap brought to my attention that is not in the pool yet:  We need a grand total paid per month for Charity, this helps people write blogs, and we need a feature that allows non Compassion Charity expenses to be added to the pool for total accountability.  Ill jump on these 3 features asap.

In the meantime, you had a blank letter stuck in the system; cleared; please try again.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
eyedoctrader1

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:10:34 PM

Hello All...

This is eyedoctrader1 writing to you asking for help with a recurring wallet problem...

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post something like this.  I'm not sure how to navigate my way through this forum and within the BBP sub- forum.

I'm having a recurring problem with the auto-staking feature of the wallet.  This problem has appeared several times in 1.1.2.4 back to 1.1.2.1.  I thought with 1.1.2.7 it was gone for good until I checked in to the pool this morning and saw that I was missing from today's superblock.  I've got nearly 30,000 RAC and over 661K BBP with over 3.5 Magnitude.  I don't understand why this should ever be an issue.  When I check the distributed computing tab it shows my UTXOWeight = 2983.  This is the number is always goes to when it isn't showing the correct wallet total balance.  There are no errors in either getboincinfo or getmininghash.  When this problem occurs it leads to two things.  I lose my superblock reward for that particular day (I didn't get today's that came out about an hour ago), and, it shuts me out of heat mining for the duration of the next superblock period (25 hours).  So, I'm being penalized on both sides when I am fully qualified to receive the heat-mined coins and the superblock.  If I wasn't earning over 4K per day on the superblock I might not care so much about this, but $10 USD/day is nothing to sneeze at.

If someone in the know could look into this and help me correct the problem I would appreciate it immensely.  By the way, I am not the only one this is happening to.  When I look at the superblock list I see the usernames of others, like "lichtsucher" who have been sent into the mining dungeon.

Thanks so much for your assistance, and Lord Bless!

---Stephen
dave_bbp

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:21:52 PM

Hello All...

This is eyedoctrader1 writing to you asking for help with a recurring wallet problem...

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post something like this.  I'm not sure how to navigate my way through this forum and within the BBP sub- forum.

I'm having a recurring problem with the auto-staking feature of the wallet.  This problem has appeared several times in 1.1.2.4 back to 1.1.2.1.  I thought with 1.1.2.7 it was gone for good until I checked in to the pool this morning and saw that I was missing from today's superblock.  I've got nearly 30,000 RAC and over 661K BBP with over 3.5 Magnitude.  I don't understand why this should ever be an issue.  When I check the distributed computing tab it shows my UTXOWeight = 2983.  This is the number is always goes to when it isn't showing the correct wallet total balance.  There are no errors in either getboincinfo or getmininghash.  When this problem occurs it leads to two things.  I lose my superblock reward for that particular day (I didn't get today's that came out about an hour ago), and, it shuts me out of heat mining for the duration of the next superblock period (25 hours).  So, I'm being penalized on both sides when I am fully qualified to receive the heat-mined coins and the superblock.  If I wasn't earning over 4K per day on the superblock I might not care so much about this, but $10 USD/day is nothing to sneeze at.

If someone in the know could look into this and help me correct the problem I would appreciate it immensely.  By the way, I am not the only one this is happening to.  When I look at the superblock list I see the usernames of others, like "lichtsucher" who have been sent into the mining dungeon.

---Stephen

Hello and welcome to the forum. Wink

This looks alot like a problem I had several weeks ago and the solution was very simple: I had copied my wallet to other machines for heat mining and on one of them I forgot to put "utxooverride=-1" in the config. The result was that this wallet too sent podcupdates and those rivaled with the other ones from the "controller wallet".
So if this is the case with you it would be a fast solution.

In case you checked all your heat miners and they all have utxooverride=-1 then to be extra sure you could do the following:
Stop all heat miner wallets and only leave your main (controller wallet) running for a couple of days. Regularly check the podcupdates (in "transactions" tab and with "exec getboincinfo"). If there are still strange utxoweights ocurring, then perform the podcupdate manually. For that you have to:
1. "exec stakebalance" --> only proceed if this shows your full wallet balance!
2. "exec podcupdate true" --> should give " performed .... over 1 CPIDs successfully".

Good luck and God bless! Smiley
eyedoctrader1

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:46:53 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2018, 09:59:21 PM by eyedoctrader1

Hello All...

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post something like this.  I'm not sure how to navigate my way through this forum and within the BBP sub- forum.

I'm having a recurring problem with the auto-staking feature of the wallet.  This problem has appeared several times in 1.1.2.4 back to 1.1.2.1.  I thought with 1.1.2.7 it was gone for good until I checked in to the pool this morning and saw that I was missing from today's superblock.  I've got nearly 30,000 RAC and over 661K BBP with over 3.5 Magnitude.  I don't understand why this should ever be an issue.  When I check the distributed computing tab it shows my UTXOWeight = 2983.  This is the number is always goes to when it isn't showing the correct wallet total balance.  There are no errors in either getboincinfo or getmininghash.  When this problem occurs it leads to two things.  I lose my superblock reward for that particular day (I didn't get today's that came out about an hour ago), and, it shuts me out of heat mining for the duration of the next superblock period (25 hours).  So, I'm being penalized on both sides when I am fully qualified to receive the heat-mined coins and the superblock.  If I wasn't earning over 4K per day on the superblock I might not care so much about this, but $10 USD/day is nothing to sneeze at.

If someone in the know could look into this and help me correct the problem I would appreciate it immensely.  By the way, I am not the only one this is happening to.  When I look at the superblock list I see the usernames of others, like "lichtsucher" who have been sent into the mining dungeon.

---Stephen

Hello and welcome to the forum. Wink

This looks alot like a problem I had several weeks ago and the solution was very simple: I had copied my wallet to other machines for heat mining and on one of them I forgot to put "utxooverride=-1" in the config. The result was that this wallet too sent podcupdates and those rivaled with the other ones from the "controller wallet".
So if this is the case with you it would be a fast solution.

In case you checked all your heat miners and they all have utxooverride=-1 then to be extra sure you could do the following:
Stop all heat miner wallets and only leave your main (controller wallet) running for a couple of days. Regularly check the podcupdates (in "transactions" tab and with "exec getboincinfo"). If there are still strange utxoweights ocurring, then perform the podcupdate manually. For that you have to:
1. "exec stakebalance" --> only proceed if this shows your full wallet balance!
2. "exec podcupdate true" --> should give " performed .... over 1 CPIDs successfully".

Good luck and God bless! Smiley
Hi Dave...
Thx for the reply.  Here is what was in effect last night before the overnight issue showed up:  I am running wallets, identical, for heat mining.  On the second wallet I already have the utxooverride=-1 as the last line in the bible.conf file.  As far as I can tell the second machine is not sending out PoDC updates, but I'm not completely sure.  Since the wallets are the same, would I be able to actually tell on the second machine if it sent out an update versus an update going out from the primary machine?  When an update goes out from the primary, does that update also show up in the transaction history on the second machine?  I would think it would since they are copies of each other.

But, I will go ahead and turn off the second machine for now and only run the primary.  You seem to be implying that the problem with the auto-staking should correct itself reasonably soon??  I don't HAVE to run the second wallet, however, adding it gives me quite a boost in my hashrate which puts me up almost always in the top 10 on the leaderboard.  Many times I'm number 3 behind the other 2 really big guys.

If you have further thoughts please let me know.  Otherwise, I will come back and update again in the next day or so when the problem resolves.  I just wish there was a way to recover my superblock payment from today!  Sad

>>Edit>>>right after posting this I went back and double-checked the .conf file of the second wallet and discovered the override=-1 line was NOT there!!  I know what happened.  A few nights ago when the multiple updates came out and there were other problems trying to run more than one wallet, I copied the entire appdata folder for bible pay from the primary machine over to the secondary.  I never went back in to add the override line.  Ughh!   Also, right after posting this I also found out that the auto-staking was back to normal and my utxoweight was my full balance once again.  So, other than missing out on today's payments, I should be back receiving them beginning tomorrow.  If something else pops up I will let you know.  I hate it when it's little mistakes like this that are MY fault!  (Not that I was ever blaming Rob for faulty code...lol)
dave_bbp

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:17:22 PM

Hi Dave...
Thx for the reply.  Here is what was in effect last night before the overnight issue showed up:  I am running wallets, identical, for heat mining.  On the second wallet I already have the utxooverride=-1 as the last line in the bible.conf file.  As far as I can tell the second machine is not sending out PoDC updates, but I'm not completely sure.  Since the wallets are the same, would I be able to actually tell on the second machine if it sent out an update versus an update going out from the primary machine?  When an update goes out from the primary, does that update also show up in the transaction history on the second machine?  I would think it would since they are copies of each other.
Yes, the transactions are completely mirrored. I'm not sure if you could tell which one came from which machine, but you would recognize the problem by looking at the timestamps. If your second machine also sent out the updates, there should be at least 1 occurence where 2 updates are very close together. THIS is the problem (not the multiple updates themselves...) since a podcupdate leaves you with an extremely low balance in your wallet for at least 1 block (hence the "stakebalance" step above). Then the other machine gives out the podcupdate with the extremely low balance and overrides the old one.

But, I will go ahead and turn off the second machine for now and only run the primary.  You seem to be implying that the problem with the auto-staking should correct itself reasonably soon??  I don't HAVE to run the second wallet, however, adding it gives me quite a boost in my hashrate which puts me up almost always in the top 10 on the leaderboard.  Many times I'm number 3 behind the other 2 really big guys.

If you have further thoughts please let me know.  Otherwise, I will come back and update again in the next day or so when the problem resolves.  I just wish there was a way to recover my superblock payment from today!  Sad

>>Edit>>>right after posting this I went back and double-checked the .conf file of the second wallet and discovered the override=-1 line was NOT there!!  I know what happened.  A few nights ago when the multiple updates came out and there were other problems trying to run more than one wallet, I copied the entire appdata folder for bible pay from the primary machine over to the secondary.  I never went back in to add the override line.  Ughh!   Also, right after posting this I also found out that the auto-staking was back to normal and my utxoweight was my full balance once again.  So, other than missing out on today's payments, I should be back receiving them beginning tomorrow.  If something else pops up I will let you know.  I hate it when it's little mistakes like this that are MY fault!  (Not that I was ever blaming Rob for faulty code...lol)

So let's hope that this fixes everything for you. You can always check the getboincinfo in a couple of hours, just to be extra sure. It's past midnight here, I'm gonna get some shut-eye. Wink
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 11:29:41 PM

I do think the 2nd wallet sending partial stake reports should be looked at and addresed in the wallet.

The primary is smart enough to handle it, the secondary is missing a piece.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 11:43:50 PM

I do think the 2nd wallet sending partial stake reports should be looked at and addresed in the wallet.

The primary is smart enough to handle it, the secondary is missing a piece.

No - the 2nd - N+ wallets should have utxooverride=-1 set in the configs.  Let not try to make up rules on how things should work without blockchain programming knowledge.

Our ecosystem was designed for One controller wallet.  If people are insisting to mine with the same CPID on more than one, then they need to set a config switch.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
lilaj4de

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:14:37 AM

What would be the procedure for a non-profit organization to receive BiblePay grants? Only Christian organizations that can participate?
Pages: « 1 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 [410] 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: