Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:36:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ATTN] Is there anyone still not receive your batch#2 machine or tracking #?  (Read 3440 times)
bitdude

Activity: 277
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:32:22 AM

Wayne, you are really not alone, but I don't think Avalon ppl read your messages here and so it is probably worthless to express your anger and keep stressed again and again. Assume they ship 10-20 machines a day and they have like 400 more to go ... can take weeks. Yes, ppl are receiving their machines as well as ppl are still waiting for they machines. Obviously there must be an order that will be shipped last. Everyone hope it will not be theirs, but someone will be that one with bad luck.

My order #37** Feb 18 is still there in the store as processing from the beginning. I have never submitted a ticket and I just wait. I can see ppl receiving machines and take it as a sign that machines are being shipped and it is a good news, isn't it? Try to see the bigger picture - Bitcoin at 100 USD is not worth much. If it is about to succeed it much go much higher so that ppl can buy anything with it. With just 21 million BTC, you have only 2,100,000,000 USD, which hardly can replace fiat or play significant role in the currency world. The bigger picture is that enough hash power is the primary condition for further development of Bitcoin. So having an Avalon machine now or in a week or two makes no real difference unless you are looking for having your investment back asap and then leave Bitcoin world. Every running ASIC there makes the Bitcoin more likely to succeed. And if it succeeds, you may earn much more in long term than you are maybe thinking now when you are talking about losing money with every day you do not run the machine.
Wayne_Chang (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:04:58 AM

Wayne, you are really not alone, but I don't think Avalon ppl read your messages here and so it is probably worthless to express your anger and keep stressed again and again. Assume they ship 10-20 machines a day and they have like 400 more to go ... can take weeks. Yes, ppl are receiving their machines as well as ppl are still waiting for they machines. Obviously there must be an order that will be shipped last. Everyone hope it will not be theirs, but someone will be that one with bad luck.

My order #37** Feb 18 is still there in the store as processing from the beginning. I have never submitted a ticket and I just wait. I can see ppl receiving machines and take it as a sign that machines are being shipped and it is a good news, isn't it? Try to see the bigger picture - Bitcoin at 100 USD is not worth much. If it is about to succeed it much go much higher so that ppl can buy anything with it. With just 21 million BTC, you have only 2,100,000,000 USD, which hardly can replace fiat or play significant role in the currency world. The bigger picture is that enough hash power is the primary condition for further development of Bitcoin. So having an Avalon machine now or in a week or two makes no real difference unless you are looking for having your investment back asap and then leave Bitcoin world. Every running ASIC there makes the Bitcoin more likely to succeed. And if it succeeds, you may earn much more in long term than you are maybe thinking now when you are talking about losing money with every day you do not run the machine.
Thanks for you detail explanation.
I am just to be a bad guy to shout out the unfair things for all of the Avalon customers of batch#2 and batch#3. At the same time, let people who still want to buy BTC miners do not be scammed by them. BTC is decentralized. It needs everyone's honest to make it develop healthily. Scammer will destroy it. That's what  all of us don't want to see.
bitdude

Activity: 277
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:22:54 AM

Yes, that is true, but I would distinguish between scammers and those that are "always late". Assuming Avalon do this for their first time, they seem they just think that they will ship X units per day and so they announce it and then they run into troubles, which is quite normal and so their claims seems false. But so far it seems that they are not scammers, they actually do deliver the machines, just with a significant delay. On the other hand, the delay should be expected after the much longer delay of batch #1 and after everyone who bought Avalon had to agree with terms that told you this might (or is likely to?) happen.

So yes, it is good to know and announce from time to time that they are late. It is probably worthless to say it each and every day and be stressed about it.
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:32:46 AM

Avalon knows how to ignore messages and turn a blind eye to Mr.Wayne request. With so many competitors around I don't know how are they going to be competitive. But they already suck up your bitcoin and fiat big time.
Wayne_Chang (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:35:04 AM

Yes, that is true, but I would distinguish between scammers and those that are "always late". Assuming Avalon do this for their first time, they seem they just think that they will ship X units per day and so they announce it and then they run into troubles, which is quite normal and so their claims seems false. But so far it seems that they are not scammers, they actually do deliver the machines, just with a significant delay. On the other hand, the delay should be expected after the much longer delay of batch #1 and after everyone who bought Avalon had to agree with terms that told you this might (or is likely to?) happen.

So yes, it is good to know and announce from time to time that they are late. It is probably worthless to say it each and every day and be stressed about it.
That's the wise point of them compare with other scammer.
If they did not delay, who ate the meat should be all the Avalon batch#2 and 3 customers.
But they used delay as an excuse and ate the meat, left soup to their customers. Some customers thought at least they got the soup. But in fact, if you think about it from another point, the meat should be yours! The evidence supports my point has already been posted here.
How to think about this thing is everyone's own business. I just opened the window for you.
Wayne_Chang (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:37:01 AM

Avalon knows how to ignore messages and turn a blind eye to Mr.Wayne request. With so many competitors around I don't know how are they going to be competitive. But they already suck up your bitcoin and fiat big time.
Or in worst case, they delayed my order intentionally because I told the truth.
Bowjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:41:13 PM

Well, they are actually shipping. Here's the thing. Cedivad got his units before me, and he was bitching the most right from the get go. He even called Avalon a scam and made a thread about it see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=139725.0

Now pretty much confirms my suspicion that Avalon does not give a fuck what you post here in the forums. There's nothing you could do except wait. You will get your tracking soon.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
ftping

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

200 OK

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:53:01 PM

Well, they are actually shipping. Here's the thing. Cedivad got his units before me, and he was bitching the most right from the get go. He even called Avalon a scam and made a thread about it see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=139725.0

Now pretty much confirms my suspicion that Avalon does not give a fuck what you post here in the forums. There's nothing you could do except wait. You will get your tracking soon.

People should be glad Avalon doesn't give a fuck about what they post in the forums.
You wouldn't want another ASIC company to start cancelling orders due to negative comments. We've all seen that happen before...
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:12:16 PM

People should be glad Avalon doesn't give a fuck about what they post in the forums.
You wouldn't want another ASIC company to start cancelling orders due to negative comments. We've all seen that happen before...

Yes, personally I would never do business with an ASIC manufacturer that does such a thing... *cough* BFL *cough*. I'm glad Avalon doesn't do that, I know I've probably referenced them in a bad light a few times since all the delays. At the end of the day, if they get my Batch 3 units here the first half of next month, all will be good with me.
Wayne_Chang (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:35:05 PM

Hope you guys are right. Let's see whether there will be a change happened during these 3 days.
For myself, I will never ever buy any mining machine which is not in stock.
ftping

Activity: 183

200 OK

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:44:02 PM

Yes, personally I would never do business with an ASIC manufacturer that does such a thing... *cough* BFL *cough*. I'm glad Avalon doesn't do that, I know I've probably referenced them in a bad light a few times since all the delays. At the end of the day, if they get my Batch 3 units here the first half of next month, all will be good with me.

Same here, although I have let my hopes slip a little. I have an order number towards the end of the queue (#89xx)... So I may not see mine until August.
Humax

Activity: 203

The law of the universe!

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:51:45 PM

Got my tracking number! On the plane to Leipzig! Hope to receive it tomorrow.

To all the people who are still waiting......... hang in there everybody! Climax will come sooner or later  Grin

btw. I opened a ticket adding my phone number for them to ship because DHL needs phone number....  after a few days, it got shipped! Coincidence? Dunno.....

Help me feed my hamster! Donate sunflower seeds!
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:15:06 PM

My batch #2 unit arrived yesterday via DHL, Beijing -> Atlanta.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
Wayne_Chang (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:04:45 PM

I listed IDs who not received their machines till now at initial post.
If you don't mind to post here and keep tracking, please reply. Thanks.
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 04:06:29 PM

GL, pain in the ass to wait I know...
dan99

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 07:59:24 AM

Any updates from Mr.Wayne? Wink
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 08:03:28 AM

Did you try the phone number in the AVALON emails?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Wayne_Chang (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 09:08:45 AM

I received an mail from Avalon to ask me to provide Chinese address.
No other update.
Obviously, they will not finish the shipping within June.
tidus_13

Activity: 290

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 11:05:26 AM

No other update.

That's why they delayed your machine, you live in china and dind't provide chinese address they are using some chineses delivers companys... chinese addrees are strange...
You should allways give them all the imformation to not fail...
dan99

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 11:46:39 AM

No other update.

You should get yours beginning of July. Do you plan on upgrading them to run on 400MH/S per Chip?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: