Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:22:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why aren't there more women in Bitcoin?  (Read 5903 times)
Lorin

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:24:58 PM

Because most of the women are busy doing household chores and maybe they are also job outside that's why they don't have time to get in front of computer all the time,but somehow there are also women doing bitcoin.They have the capability to manage their time between their family, current job and Bitcoin.
fishball

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:43:01 PM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why

I think it has something to do with the women's personality. They are more like engrossed in girly activities like shopping etc. And I ask one of my friend girl about this, she said it is something which requires patience and it looks boring. Well, we should just respect her.
RonJohannson

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:36:46 AM

Check out Blythe Masters and Tiffany Hayden.

Just saying that in particular, Hayden is pretty strong in her ripple knowledge and is really active on Twitter. She is obviously an XRP holder and can appear shill-ish at times but she really knows her stuff.

Masters was a former Wall Street big shot who is running an Etherium based blockchain project if memory serves. It’s based out of Brooklyn.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:56:23 AM

Being Bitcoin a quite technical thing, it is quite obvious that it will especially attract males, who are statistically more interested in technical issues. For the same reason you will find almost only males working as a car mechanic.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
tikong

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:57:51 AM
Merited by white.raiden (1)

Because women is more than have everyday tasks than men. Specially when the women are working then they have a lot of work when they got home at the same time taking care of the children so they have no time to set infront of the screen working with bitcoin. Aside from that men are more agressive when it comes to new challenges and opportunity.
Adenike

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:46:57 AM

I think there are enough women in crypto, they just don't show up in data because they do things differently than men.
I know a woman that managed like 10 or so accounts of other women in crypto. So naturally she would count as one person instead of 10.

If it isn't their expertise, they would delegate as compared to men who will just jump right in solo.
I agree with you, and a lot of women are afraid of taking risk, guyz can easily forget when dey fail but ladies don't easily forget so they try not to take risk at all so they won't fail
lindatang

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:49:22 AM

I  am a women new to this
it is boring sometimes,but more interesting thing is following up I think, I will.wait.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
sugihe

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:53:54 AM

i believe part of the reason could be that men tend to be more aggressive and women tend to be suppressed. there is also the notion that tech in general is a man's field and also safe spaces for women in the blockchain world have not been created. also there needs to be more role models so that other women can aspire to be like them.

I think you are right.
Actually we can not have very accurate statistic mentioan men is more than women in cryptocurrency but i have optimist that its really true.
I think more men is interesting rather than women.
Adenike

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:22:26 AM

I  am a women new to this
it is boring sometimes,but more interesting thing is following up I think, I will.wait.
Am also a woman and also new here but I believe with sometime we will know more better about this platform
CoPil

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:16:26 AM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why

Money is what we are here for. Men will always find a way for source of income both for himself and for his family and they are less careful when it comes to taking risks than women. Women on the other hand are so afraid to take risks and everything about the digital world may sound like a scam or fraudlent and they are thinking about other things. Women may also find this too boring and complicated sometimes, through the logic comes the great wonder of the value fluctation of money on crypto, but women care less about it than men. I would say there are women passionate about cryptos, but more of the population of women aren't actually passionate nor interested about the cryptocurrencies and all fancy logical stuff.
DeepLuk

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:55:57 AM

There are also women whose husbands initiated going into crypto-currency market but delegated that job to their wife/girlfriend cause they have more free time. Women might be more risk-averse but they are on average smarter. So delegating can be a good managerial decision for long-term investments, like bitcoin  Grin
dogz12

Activity: 210
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:57:33 AM

Maybe because women who sre hooked up with the internet are more interested in socializing rather than trading. They find more fun in chatting with their cohorts rather than engaging in bounty hunts or signature campaigns.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:00:58 AM

Check out Blythe Masters and Tiffany Hayden.

Just saying that in particular, Hayden is pretty strong in her ripple knowledge and is really active on Twitter. She is obviously an XRP holder and can appear shill-ish at times but she really knows her stuff.

Masters was a former Wall Street big shot who is running an Etherium based blockchain project if memory serves. It’s based out of Brooklyn.

No, he said women in bitcoin.  I’ve met both of them and those two are both men.

Logan1978

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:07:13 AM

Maybe women more concern of taking care of her children and leave the crypto to men.Men really tend to search more about some stuffs in the internet driving them to this bitcoin.While women are more of just doing what they usually do and dont really get this far.
musharaf

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:12:21 AM

it is true that the women are less in number in the bitcoin community and this is the because of the less interest and less knowledge as compared to other genders. bitcoin is extremely used for investment in which 100% are male the women have no idea of the advantages and benefits of the bitcoin. The crypto market is very good to use it in the present time because they have provide many profitable opportunities to the people. The bitcoin community is rising day by day.

Benjamin.1969

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:15:56 AM

Many woman are busy with their enjoyment.They won't try to find the any capital  to get money from the internet. I am also teaching many friends about crypto and my family. It's a matter of time before there will be many women in tech companies. However, I doubt if there will more women than man in tech companies.                                   
heninur

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:18:34 AM

I am one of the few women in the bitcoin forum, why are more men in bitcoin? I think most people who earn a living are men, because a woman is usually less interested in joining a job like bitcoin, initially I'm not interested in doing bitcoin work, but my husband always shows me how to work in bitcoin. So I am interested and comfortable working in bitcoin, my friend is also a woman who used to be active in bitcoin but after she gave birth and had a new job as mother, she gave her job to her husband, maybe this is one of the reasons why more men in bitcoin

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
acell101

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:27:53 AM

Tech industries are inherently male-dominated for reasons that include boys being introduced to gadgets at a younger age.
dhrazzen

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:47:25 AM

Not all women are adventurous when it comes to technology. They are more focus on their self like posting selfies, new stuff,  events and other on some social media account like twitter,  facebook and instagram. Usually men are the one who work also in a family,  so they are more interested on bitcoin because they earned at the same time they are updated on the pump and dump of all coins.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:59:03 AM

I have met a few so far and I think the numbers are increasing rapidly now. I regularly talk with one and she said a couple of years ago she used to get hostile and intimidating comments on the forums so maybe that has something to do with it? Should be closer to a level playing field in another couple of years I think.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: