Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:11:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why aren't there more women in Bitcoin?  (Read 5903 times)
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 11:54:36 PM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why
It’s not the system’s fault if there are much less female users on board. This is an open source which means anyone can hop in for the ride. It is just by nature, or to be general, that the female gender is not much into or active in the internet particularly in the investment or business topics. This is quite consistent in the other fields such as the government where there are lesser female politicians, the corporate world where there are usually lesser female executives, etc.
I believe this is a matter of choice and interest. The survey only shows that females are much less interested in participating in these kind of ventures. So the system does not have anything to do with that result.

nesh1

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:57:16 PM

I would not know women are not interested in these kind of stuff as far as i know but the most of them would rather work than have patience and invest in something maybe a little bit later in the future there would be more.
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 3032

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:23:48 AM

I’ve spent about 14 years in the financial industry and it has been mostly dominated by men but thankfully I’ve seen the increasing roll of women in recent years. The truth as to why? The way men and women have been raised for centuries. Women have been “pushed” towards other interested such as the arts and quite often simply homemaking. Glad to see this change, if not slowly ..but surely.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
kevindeangelis

Merit: 130

3D-Printing goes Blockchain!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:35:27 AM

Well, generally men are more confident when it comes to complex things like crypto.. but still  there many women who interest in Bitcoin and crptocurrencies, at least some of my friends Smiley Maybe that’s why i think there are more women than we thought.

menoharrison

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:00:13 AM

i think the reason is because most women prefer daily business or working that able them get quick profits instead of stressing their selves  with system all the time. and also most women believe that bitcoin participants should be male instead of female.     
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:13:24 AM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why

I think because women tend to be more technical compared to male who are much more of a risk taker. Women's approach to cryptocurrencies may not actually jive their nature of being keen and well planned though it is also needed to crypto trading there are less women who wants to take risks and venture to cryptos.

btccointalk

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:25:28 AM

I'll love to see more women embrace Bitcoin. I'm one of the few women that started early

That's very impressive.I would love to see more of women's involvement in the world of cryptocurrency.

bitcoinsc

Activity: 439
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:34:52 AM

I think grls aren't much of investors. They are more likely human resource or financiers accountant. Bitcoin takes much of your life away on the computer. Where girls wanna go out to fancy places n spend it on Louie v . what's left is for gas.

Ethereum and Uniswap.
UZIzzzz

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:33:13 AM

Generally, the boys are more technically educated than girls. Also, tech industries are inherently male-dominated for reasons that include boys being introduced to gadgets at a younger age but that is not in the case of girls. Girls are generally engaged in households business and even if they working professionals they do not have much interest in such type of online money making concepts.

In my opinion, women are less risky persons than males are. Additionally, ladies mostly devote themselves to family, children and husband, they care about the house and they are not ready to spend time to trading, mining or learning much about crypto. IMHO.
It is true that most women for the IT industry and Cryptocurrency market not interested in, so  it caused the most entering Cryptocurrency market investments are male, I think, women are more used to taking care of the children and family at home.
I know some women who are into bitcoin.  I agree that women like to devote themselves into family so I think they don't have any spare time anymore for crypto currency. They are too busy with the family and the house and of course some women like to have their own job as well.  I know that there is an equality for women and men but women especially  mothers are  the busiest person in the world for me.
Although the women who enter the encryption money market are very small, there are also a small number of women who are very successful, and most of the time they are called strong women.
I have a divorced woman friend, she became a billionaire by investing in stocks, cryptocurrency,  but she knows nothing about cryptocurrency, she just knows how to give money.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
19faraon88

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:47:12 AM

As per observation and part my job, most of the women is housewife. Always at home, taking care of their kids. Like in our country, most of the mothers making income through online selling and online job. For me, these are the reasons why more women in bitcoin world. Also, women has more idea and can express their thought and feelings than man. So women is better here in bitcoin.
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:04:15 AM

May I just ask what this thread is trying to imply? I don't mean anything offensive, but is there something wrong if the Bitcoin community is composed mostly of men? If there's less women here, that doesn't automatically mean that they are less inclined to technicality or complexity or they don't have enough patience to invest in such ventures. Does gender even matter in this context or in the field of Bitcoin?
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:25:14 AM

Well,  why do you need a women partcipants then?  I don't think it's so important about male or female for the participants,  the thing is how to do it so they can be professional, have their own expertise and can be trusted for the others participants. The time you need a women is when you getting succeed and celebrate it.
Yokonaumiyaki000

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:33:45 AM

Maybe because men are too lazy to find a job, no offense. This includes me. Although i'm still a student, as a man i would love to earn as early as possible without of course doing so much task. As for women, i know some who's in this community and they're pretty much as the same hobbies as i am. Gaming, tech stuff, heck we're even in the same college having the same course.
Adz29

Activity: 134

"Fueling Crypto Securitisation"

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:37:53 AM

But I think that research is wrong now, because there are many women in the world crypto including me. I can make money at my home without should go to outside,,

Laghertha

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:41:32 AM

I think that women are more likely to work or study, many women tend more to do manual work or a physical work rather than psychological work.
You will see women in this space but they are not as much as man
rexter

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:49:13 AM

In my opinion the reason why only few women got interested on this kind of hobby and job cause women are skeptical and not interested in this kind of idea and knowledge this is not there field i am glad if women out there will embraced Bitcoin i salute you.
TorbiK

Diagon

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:01:13 AM

Men have always been more interested in technology than women. Plus Bitcoin is closely associated with such activities as trading. A trader describes himself as a huge risk and volatility. Girls at a gynecological level do not tolerate impermanence, they love stability. What does not exist in the crypto community.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
blue_dragon

Activity: 251