Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:56:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why aren't there more women in Bitcoin?  (Read 5903 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:51:33 PM

There are too many men here. Only women should be allowed to post in this thread. I’ve never met a man that really understood why women do anything.

Men are one dimensional creatures, similar to parasites, that only live to eat and reproduce. Women are civilized human beings.

Nice way of putting it, lol.

But yeah, I agree with you, I'd like to hear the female perspective on this issue.  It's a big problem if women do not adopt Bitcoin as it goes mainstream.

Of course, the women posting here are among those that have adopted Bitcoin, but their perspective on their female peers would be insightful.

Best,
Ben

You’re right, women do have a unique perspective and it would add to the conversation but people have to understand also that women are prey for men. Revealing yourself as a woman can be troublesome on some forums and even dangerous. If men didn’t act like fools then outing yourself wouldn’t be a big deal, but look at some of the responses in this thread. Some of these fools may as well tell the world that they think women are stupid vending machines that sandwiches come from.

sistercarrie

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:12:00 PM

Cause we have many other more important things to do. And most of us aren't so risky as you? my dear men!
Dico88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:35:41 PM

The majority of women may not be too interested in technology products. As graphics and clusters develop in clusters like mobile processors, running speed and how to use the app will make more sense. Of course the concept of female coins is not inclined to understand it. They are more perceptual with these abstract things or maybe just more interested men.  Cool
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:23:22 PM

Check out Blythe Masters and Tiffany Hayden.

Just saying that in particular, Hayden is pretty strong in her ripple knowledge and is really active on Twitter. She is obviously an XRP holder and can appear shill-ish at times but she really knows her stuff.

Masters was a former Wall Street big shot who is running an Etherium based blockchain project if memory serves. It’s based out of Brooklyn.

No, he said women in bitcoin.  I’ve met both of them and those two are both men.

I am starting to think if this thread would leak to mainstream press I would well imagine a huge polemics about Bitcoin being a sexist environment discriminating women, is spite of the fact that the absence of any authority in this community makes it completely free for people of whatever sex to be part of the community or not - and nevertheless women are close to absent here. My guess is that the Western society now is not really able to handle the implications of this fact.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:32:53 PM

You have the impression that there aren't enough women on bitcoin because you don't search in the right place!

Do a fast search on twitter with #bitcoin #ico #blockchain and so on, and you will discover how many wonderful girls are interested in cryptocurrencies...

Just one little example:

https://twitter.com/pivcules

Enjoy!

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Addywealth

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:35:20 PM

Men are more technologically incline and ready to bear some risk even uncalculated, women don't like taking risk Also the dear of internet scam has really make some women to keep off bitcoin
Kaan53

Activity: 124
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:38:11 PM

I think men have entered more bitcoins than women because they like to invest more than women .
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:44:28 PM

You’re right, women do have a unique perspective and it would add to the conversation but people have to understand also that women are prey for men. Revealing yourself as a woman can be troublesome on some forums and even dangerous. If men didn’t act like fools then outing yourself wouldn’t be a big deal, but look at some of the responses in this thread. Some of these fools may as well tell the world that they think women are stupid vending machines that sandwiches come from.

Eh? Women are prey for men? Are you jocking?
You seem a very intelligent person, as I read in these days some of your post and I liked very much your approach (I didn't write to you because "to beg" is not in my vocabulary), but in this case you are deadly wrong.

In all history, even the most strongest leaders of the past (Julius Caesar, Alexander, Napoleon,...) were actually victimized by women.

Women are in charge, men are just resources. And the real prey. :-)

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:48:36 PM

I'm a woman and I've been in BTC since 2010 and most MEN LAUGHED when I told them about it saying "oooh that's nothing you just don't know anything". Guess they're feeling like dumbasses this year.
That is really great to hear that you were in the crypto field for more than eight years,i would like to know how you came to know about bitcoin and since you starting pretty early i am sure you will be holding ten thousand plus coins  Tongue I am not aware of the sex ratio in bitcoin but certainly there are more men in this field.
valentine401

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:08:06 PM

I think women are more active in their household work than online work. They find it boring . only few women are intereseted in bitcoin . men's are more active in online work. Women have more work in household and in office . they prefer office work than online work. But now a days women's are also showing interest in bitcoin sites.

I agree to that, most of the womans today are focus on working at home and they tend to take care of their children all the time because they are full time mother while man are always taking care of the business to sustain the daily needs of the family.
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:14:04 PM

I'm a woman and I've been in BTC since 2010 and most MEN LAUGHED when I told them about it saying "oooh that's nothing you just don't know anything". Guess they're feeling like dumbasses this year.
That is really great to hear that you were in the crypto field for more than eight years,i would like to know how you came to know about bitcoin and since you starting pretty early i am sure you will be holding ten thousand plus coins  Tongue I am not aware of the sex ratio in bitcoin but certainly there are more men in this field.

Bitcoin does not choose any gender for its investors or for those who are willing to join the bitcoin. First of all, the sex ratio does not matter in bitcoin as long as you really work on your bitcoin. It has never been an issue in cryptocurrency world. Maybe the reason why most user of bitcoin are men is that, men are risk takers. And this is one way they know to earn for their families. In my country, bitcoin is widely used both by men and women.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Crafts12

Activity: 405
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:15:21 PM

I think women are more active in their household work than online work. They find it boring . only few women are intereseted in bitcoin . men's are more active in online work. Women have more work in household and in office . they prefer office work than online work. But now a days women's are also showing interest in bitcoin sites.

I agree to that, most of the womans today are focus on working at home and they tend to take care of their children all the time because they are full time mother while man are always taking care of the business to sustain the daily needs of the family.
Iss just simply because womens does not like online work maybe few. Most of womens this time was focused on fashion. Taking pictures modelling, buying make up kits and so on and so forth. Unlike to men that whenever they one something they look for a job to earn money, thats why there are more mens here in forum because they always seek job for them to buy the things they want without asking money from their parents.

Rascar Capac

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:17:26 PM

it is easy, most woman usually dont want to take the high risks and most of them dont want to waste money investing in some coins for longterm, everything they want is a safer way to guarantee their income, not just investing big like man that can loose of their money.
CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:54:31 PM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why
The reason behind that are the following:
1. Men are more fond in computer and tends to be attracted to new trends in the internet world.
2. Women are most of than not, hesitant to things especially when they first heard that bitcoin is not legal.
3. Men are more business minded than men. (Don't get me wrong.)
4. Men are more aggressive, risks takers and good in keeping money.
elizavetausova0112

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:27:47 AM

Hello. I think because mainly money is led for men, on and easy money is wanted by a more man. Women now earn the forces and they are difficult to part with the money.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:27:22 AM

Eh? Women are prey for men? Are you jocking?
You seem a very intelligent person, as I read in these days some of your post and I liked very much your approach (I didn't write to you because "to beg" is not in my vocabulary), but in this case you are deadly wrong.

In all history, even the most strongest leaders of the past (Julius Caesar, Alexander, Napoleon,...) were actually victimized by women.

Women are in charge, men are just resources. And the real prey. :-)

In 2011, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found that one women out of every five in the United States suffered attempted rape or rape sometime in their life. More than a third of the victims were raped before the age of 18.

A CDC study found that, in the US, 1 in 71 men had been raped or suffered an attempt within their lifetime.

Blockfolioz

Activity: 230
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 09:31:29 AM

Can't say that women were found low in bitcoin. Maybe they are less in number, but surely they too were making themselves active onto bitcoin. Recently I got to make a trade with a bitcoin trader and finally found it was a female. She expressed her interest and from her words understood more women were getting into bitcoin as well digital currency usage.
CNY dasd

Activity: 102
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:29:42 PM

Can't say that women were found low in bitcoin. Maybe they are less in number, but surely they too were making themselves active onto bitcoin. Recently I got to make a trade with a bitcoin trader and finally found it was a female. She expressed her interest and from her words understood more women were getting into bitcoin as well digital currency usage.
This is, of course, that as more and more bitcoin is known, there will only be more people joining the bitcoin, so there will be a fair number of women. The original number of women is also a lot, but compared to the number of men is certainly less.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:31:40 PM

Women tend to be edged out of technical fields, it may be that on average women lack the logic and reasoning skills that are required, or that they simply have less of an interest in computer related technologies. The mind of a man and a woman is very different, men tend to be better at problem solving, whereas women are better at caring, emoting and supporting. I would say it is this difference that is responsible for the disparity we see.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
jona

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:56:12 PM

Bitcointalk  is a time given platform,women don,t really have time to sit at a place for a long time and they have more time to themselves  and there home especially for the married ones. And when it comes the technology women tend to entertain fear on technical activities and they believe that more of the technical activities is for the males.    
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: