Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 02:25:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -ANN- POLYTIMOS - NEW algo - FAIR ninja launch - NO pre,insta,ICO  (Read 95749 times)
whereismyname (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:49:37 PM

We will be launching more services through PolyShield once this portion of existing MasterNode host/share service completed.

We are ever-present and ever-busy working on more services for POLY. The base code for the project hasn't needed much in the way of updates and has been very solid thanks to our great team. However, there will be updates to the code in the future (obviously.) This was to comment on the newbie who loves us so much he made a new account just to come in and say negative things he obviously knows nothing about. Smiley

Much thanks for your kind reply.
I am now much more positive towards the project, and I see progress in decreasing concentration of capital (which can be easily spoofed though), however I am not a C++ developer which majority of people here aren't, and can only barely understand comments in the code. I think I will speak on behalf of the lay community with the following:

0) Show me where I can learn more about the things I don't know nothing about, duh! Your website has almost no useful information, which is a huge negative thing.
0.1) Who the hell are 25 guys controlling 50% of capital?? (Please label known pools/exchanges in explorer)
1) Show me the team!
2) Show me the idea (why the world needs your coin?). Whitepepper maybe? Wink
3) Show me the plan for future development

Right now it feels like it's just couple dudes just want to make a blockchain with not yet seen combo of six random hashing algos (and name it precious) without any idea why except put it on the exchanges and hope it will for some reason appreciate in value and make quick buck from selling it.
Maybe you need help?

I'd much rather say positive things, but can you defend your project against substantial negative things that I say?

The best organic way to growth that you are looking for is to explain what your project is about, and how is it different, and what is its vision for the future. This will attract excited preachers.

You have some very good questions there. Unfortunately, there is no answer and I guess there will not be. I asked similarly before what use case does POLY have (the idea). No answer either. Like you say, it looks like a combo of six random hashing algos with no other reason but to make yourself some quick bucks. The same goes for the PolyShield Masternode service (I asked about this before). They get people to donate their coins for masternodes, take the rewards for themselves and give out the useless POLY in return. This is what is seems like anyway, no reply as I asked before.

The people running this are obviously smart, otherwise they would not be able to set all this up, and run the money machine successfully. So don't see any reason for lack of reasonable responses. And the plan seems to have been very successful. I am off to other things, seen too many things like this already in crypto, they never ended good. Too many flags. But thanks for all the efforts..

Why you assume no answer when you didn't actively seek one is beyond me.

The use cases will be made known as they are made. We do not promise things because in this industry promises are lies, all coins with roadmaps are making lies that they have yet to be proven lies. There is no way you can promise things out months in the future, you can only promise what is already done. Therefore we do not announce things unless we're either in the process of building them or they are already built. This way we cannot ever lie to the community. If you have a problem with that, then this coin isn't for you. Smiley

The sharing service is not anywhere near what you say... and poly is useless? Then don't be part of the coin. The sharing service not only allows people who cannot afford full MasterNodes themselves to get into them, it also allows working together with other coin projects and supporting them, with hopes they will support POLY as well... this has already worked out very well and we are in communication with a few teams for other projects coming up with potential collaborative ideas. Your pessimistic attitude is one that is greatly over-used in the crypto space, and frankly, we have no place for it.

Your nonsense assumptions based on literally nothing, lack of actually attempting to SPEAK to the team via the multiple methods provided, and overall ridiculous attitude of preferring promises over real service development, then complaining about nothing when services are launched before promises... just is all a bunch of crap.

Go find yourself a nice ICO scam and have fun.

As far as the list of questions in the first post quoted...

1. We will NOT show you the team, and we have made this abundantly clear. Not all of the team would like their names known, and the whole idea is to foster development from the community. However, we HAVE, due to launching with these means... gathered support from the team of https://crowetic.com who has launched the pool we are using as our official recommended pool https://cryptopool.party, and their team has assisted quite a lot in the devleopment of the automation for PolyShield and coming up with new service ideas. So this should at least give you an idea of the methods and ways we're doing things actually working in attaining new people to help out, and getting something that won't fail if a single group happens to have an issue, which is the overall point of encouraging community focus.

2. The idea started as a fairly broad one... and has since turned into something with more of a focus. The focus now is on services that make use of the coin, which in our opinion is very important. To have a use case for the coin, is good. To have services that support the market, volume, and price, also good. PolyShield MasterNode service is not quite fully automated, but is getting very close, and it will bring thousands of dollars of automated money through the market. We think it is a great start. The team has also come up with a few new service ideas that will be implemented soon. PolyShield will be 'your shield to protect and grow your crypto investments.'

We do not make promises, we make services. If this is a problem, then you're in the wrong community. The problem, in our opinion, in the current crypto space... is JUST THAT! Too many promises, not enough actual work being done... too much money grabbing, not enough actual development. Therefore, we are not going to make you a list of promises, we are going to make you services. We are going to launch them, then we're going to tell you about them when you can actually use them.

As far as development on the wallet itself, we don't feel the need to add anything at this time, however, in the future that will definitely be something we will focus on. For now, the focus is on the main service provider of polytimos... PolyShield.

The whitepaper is in progress.

3. As far as a 'plan' for future development, as I mentioned above, and many times before... We do not have plans to make plans. We have plans to build services, and fun additions to the project. We started by building a custom Discord bot very soon after launch, then came right after that with a fully working shared MasterNode service. Now we are automating that service, building it into a website, and adding more services to it.

We do not feel the need to make empty promises, this industry changes so fast that there is really no point in making promises as they will likely have changed by the time they were supposed to be implemented anyway. What we WILL do, is when the service is being built and we know that we're able to accomplish it, we will then tell people about it, and what the plans are with it. If that isn't enough, then I don't know what to tell you, because we refuse to make promises that could potentially not work out. That's that.

crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 10:00:50 PM
Merited by bones261 (1)

I have come upon request of the POLY team, to state my involvement in assisting them in creation of their services, and allowing them to use our pool as the 'official' pool. We ARE working closely together, and the POLY team has some really cool ideas.

Community based projects are very awesome, and frankly, the majority of what I support personally. My team is worldwide, and have been with me for years. There are developers, both core and web, people who promote our services, and myself who is infrastructure, network security, mining support, etc etc.

I don't know why people feel the need to be so negative on a project that thus far has never done anything other than it promised, but it's pretty annoying... I see the annoyance in the need to state answers to these things.

On the flip side, I DO see why people would want a 'face' to put with the 'team' of a project... But that is more for non-community focused projects. In a community project, anyone and everyone is the 'team'. Why should there be a centralized team of people on a decentralized open source project? It doesn't make a lot of sense. However, if you feel the need to have a face of the project, it is fine with me if my face is that face. I fully support POLY and know that it will be a success. I will also use my connections to further influence the implementation of the project into other existing platforms, and help out any way that I can.

All community projects that are not out for enriching themselves solely, and are actually out to develop something that will help people make money and have a coin to use for various purposes without any sort of governing on HOW that is done, deserves this type of support in my opinion.

Isn't the whole idea of 'open source' this after all? Why should there be a single team of people that the project's success relies upon? Does this really make sense? Is this how Bitcoin is? Think about that.

Sure, there can be a foundation of a team that helps the project along, does core development, etc... But I myself have moved development forward on a few projects, including QORA (which is my 'main' project) that was taken over from the original team, and moved on without them. So THAT to me is more important than having a single team of people that will be there 'running things' the entire time.

People in this space, should get the idea out of their heads that is a corporate mentality... there doesn't need to be a corporate structure to a crypto coin. In fact, I would say quite the opposite is more true. A community based community run project in this space has a lot more chance of running longer than one that is run by a single group forever.

Alright, that's enough of continuation on @whatismyname's rant. Just wanted to come in and say that YES my team IS supporting poly (along with many other good projects in the space) and will continue to do so as long as they remain in line with their original (and the original Bitcoin) plans for community run nature.

Thank you.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
korsash

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:56:27 PM

How many coins do you need for MasterNode ?
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 09:16:29 PM

How many coins do you need for MasterNode ?

If you're talking about the shared MasterNode service, you can input any amount you choose on the given suggested node coins the service is planning on running.

If you're talking about POLY directly, it's not yet active on MasterNodes itself, right now it is pure POW, it will have MasterNodes implemented upon the POS implementation at block 800k. So you still have some time.

POLY is a long term project, meant to last a long time and be a 'retirement account' backed by services that use the coin and help the market. It really is a cool idea. Also, as it will mention in the Whitepaper that is being written by the team, in the future, POLY is planning to have some sort of collaboration with QORA, my main project that can do decentralized web hosting, blogs, real time communications, and much more. So, gonna be pretty interesting. In my opinion POLY really is a hidden gem.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
phasngvx866

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:43:23 PM

But mining requires a certain cost, and there is a need for a cheap electricity bill, but there is no cost to the bounty, just time
Alecsandro

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:04:53 AM

There is sgminer with poly algo for linux ? or how to compile in the sgminer ?
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 02:56:16 AM

There is sgminer with poly algo for linux ? or how to compile in the sgminer ?

unfortunately the SGminer original source was lost during a computer crash of the dev. We will look into having that rebuilt in the near future, and providing the source and compilation methods. I am also willing to put up a bounty for another AMD open-source miner to be created.

I will check my files to make sure I don't have a copy of the source somewhere from early days, but I am fairly sure that I do not.

It shouldn't be too difficult for an experienced miner dev to create a better AMD miner for polytimos algo.

I will reach out to a few people I know and see what I can come up with.

Also, just so everyone knows...

We are doing final review of the Polytimos Whitepaper, and the Polytimos philosophy paper and have announced the previews of each on the polytimos forums. If interested, you can find the preview links posted on the polytimos forums.

https://forum.polytimos.net/topic/117/white-paper-and-philosophy-of-polytimos-community-philosophy-in-crypto-papers-are-both-finished

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
bienvang192

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:26:22 AM

The project is developing very well, which is exactly what we want to see. I'm very happy about it. Good luck to you all! I'm waiting for good news and a bright future!
wangmidi

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:20:37 AM

I hope POLYTIMOS is not just an idea, but a work prototype. I am looking for a reliable project with more value added items.
dddlbbb

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:22:30 AM

Looks good. I will wait for your  further process.
CoastalBird

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:50:36 PM

Whitepaper and Philosophy papers now being finalized. https://forum.polytimos.net/topic/117/white-paper-and-philosophy-of-polytimos-community-philosophy-in-crypto-papers-are-both-finished/2
wgq1981

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:33:37 PM

An interesting project, even a work prototype, has been said a lot. The cost is very low, and I hope the future development of the project will be better.
supperman1924

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:24:31 AM

Hope this project success and pay bounty hunter!
robert29394

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:23:13 PM

Looks interesting. I will try to participate. Thanks
Deadheded

Activity: 69
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:05:21 PM

Why not a pdf?  .odt files are not secure just like .Docx.  My 'puter says there is a problem with the .odt files and I use open office
Koontzy

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:08:30 AM

Which pool is the best suprnova?
abanamat

Activity: 274
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:17:00 PM

Great project, thanks!  Smiley
JoocyMane

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:02:43 AM

Which pool is the best suprnova?

Supernova is the largest. I use cryptopool.party
stephanie9428s

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:25:09 AM

Interesting project for sure!!! I like the concept and I think this project will have a big future . I'll support as far as possible Wink
Deadheded

Activity: 69
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:08:00 PM

Interesting project for sure!!! I like the concept and I think this project will have a big future . I'll support as far as possible Wink

So do POLY and RVN share any Devs?
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: