News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Bitcoin or Ethereum or other Altcoins
Bitcoin - 99 (63.5%)
Ethereum - 26 (16.7%)
Other Altcoins - 31 (19.9%)
Total Voters: 156

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or Altcoins? Which is safer or more profitable?  (Read 4128 times)
Eadefemi (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:22:12 PM

Hello family, I need to take an informed decision on this issue

With the present challenges with the blockchain technology and its present congestion ,

Is it still safe, wise and as profitable as before to start a fresh bitcoin investment?

I'm thinking that investing in a number of the other several altcoins might be much better

Pls I need your thoughts and opinions on this....thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:33:21 AM
Merited by aditya6997 (1)

Long Term: Bitcoins
Short Term: Altcoins

Bitcoins is the first cryptocurrency, and that makes it the most trusted and used amongst all the other altcoins, so its the most safe to get hold of. However, since the price is so high right now, don't expect it to increase tenfold in the next few years as it would be a little unrealistic, but possible though.

Altcoins, or Initial Coin Offerings (ICO), can have potential if researched upon, which makes it more profitable, however, there are many scamcoins revolving about ICOs and altcoins, making it more risky than having Bitcoin.

It is up to you, but if you are new to BTC, I suggest getting some Bitcoin first. Smiley

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
scottykarate

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:37:41 AM

I think most of the altcoins need more gestation time before they can start producing. They need to produce more tangible results and then they'll gain some traction. I'm just speaking of them as a whole and not as one particular coin or token.
howard.ashoul

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 12:44:51 AM

With Bitcoin, you can be sure, that you will make profits. But it will be small profits. (low risk, low profits)
With altcoins you can't be sure about anything. You will either lose -90% or make 400%. (high risk, high profits)

You can check out my portfolio: http://www.coinparator.com/yKwJQH/

I own BTC for a very long time and as you can see, I'm still only 300% up.

Rest of the altcoins I bought recently. And as you can see, I either almost almost everything (MCO -70%, EBET -70%) or I make big gains (VTC +400%)

My cryptocurrency portfolio: http://www.coinparator.com/. Track your coins rates for free, no registration!
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:50:58 AM

I consider both of bitcoin and ethereum as a safe investment , my btc holdings are way bigger than Ethereum though
when it comes to being profitable , this year was insane for bitcoin and almost every alt and you can make money trading alts but if you are not trader I would recommend to stick with BTC since it has been the safest and it's profitable anyways
achsan fauzy

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:05:30 AM

Bitcoins is the first cryptocurrency, and that makes it the most trusted and used amongst all the other altcoins, so its the most safe to get hold of. However, since the price is so high right now, don't expect it to increase tenfold in the next few years as it would be a little unrealistic, but possible though.

Altcoins, or Initial Coin Offerings (ICO), can have potential if researched upon, which makes it more profitable, however, there are many scamcoins revolving about ICOs and altcoins, making it more risky than having Bitcoin.

It is up to you, but if you are new to BTC, I suggest getting some Bitcoin first. Smiley
I agree, for the long term, it is better to save bitcoin rather than the altcoin. because the price of bitcon is much more stable than altcoin.
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:16:46 AM

Bitcoin is easily your safest bet for a long term investment but altcoins can of course return higher profits if you choose carefully

Simply buy Bitcoin when it dips down very low Smiley

Your other major choice Ethereum is also good long term and it's at a reasonable price still

chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:19:08 AM

I agree, all the information are correct. For me, when you are new and want to invest, i will choose to invest in bitcoin for in time it  will increase and earn a profit.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:22:48 AM

Bitcoins are by far the safer option. It has first-movers advantage as well as the advantage of having been mass-adopted. There's more chance of someone knowing what Bitcoin is over knowing what a certain alt is.
However, in terms of investment and profitability, I'd say that the alts win on that front.
Buying in to BTC now is expensive. The future price level is uncertain in the long run. Alts on the other hand are proving to offer extremely high returns in the short run. Obviously the risk is greater so it has to be something to consider when making a decision.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:26:09 AM

Both bitcoin and some altcoins are definitely profitable. Bitcoin is just simply a safer investment as I don't see it going anywhere soon; not to mention the increasing mining difficulty and also with the increasing demand.

Some altcoins can earn you ALOT of profit if you choose the right ones. But at the same time, they can also make you lose alot of money. Think of altcoin investment as high risk high reward, in conjunction to bitcoin's low risk mid reward.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
squallw

Activity: 504
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:33:04 AM

Bitcoin is safer, if you believe in cripto, you just need to hold your BTC and in a few years you may get huge profit.
Don't be a weak hands, the price sometimes can decrease, just keep calm and hold.

With alt coins you can profit too, but i think it is more risk, if BTC increase too much your alt may decrease.
spartan82

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:45:42 AM

Bitcoin is safer, if you believe in cripto, you just need to hold your BTC and in a few years you may get huge profit.
Don't be a weak hands, the price sometimes can decrease, just keep calm and hold.

With alt coins you can profit too, but i think it is more risk, if BTC increase too much your alt may decrease.

Alternative currency of the bitcoin. Bitcoin is use for the future and altcoin also useful of the future growth. It will price change day by day. You will gather more information for the future investment and business process. You will use the booth you will get the more profit. So it good to for get the more profitable and gather more information and improve your self.
vinc3

Activity: 309
Merit: 251

Make Love Not War

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:00:41 AM

My way as of the moment is altcoin for it has a higher potential to go up exponentially, it is very temptingif you can see that the devs and the community is united. We can bet on bitcoin with more security and stability since it is the front runner and the start of the cryptoworld. New traders can stay on bitcoin first than trade with no experience emotions might caught up with them, learn the market will then trading will be easy for them in the long run. On the final note, if you really believe in a project support it with your whole heart and who knows what it will give you in the end.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
saedasda

Activity: 147

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:04:16 AM

For me I think bitcoin because the demand as of now is too high. And you can almost predict when will bitcoin going to crash and going to moon.

ritsel02

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:09:04 AM

For me bitcoin is more safer and trusted because it is already tested by time.Some altcoin might be more profitable but we cannot tell how long will that coin can stand in the market so it's quite risky but still it's up to you if you're willing to take a risk in investing.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:13:49 AM

Both are profitable and Both are safe but again it is still depends on how will you choose and manage both coins.

Altcoins provide both Long term and short Term Investment Returns.
Long Term - for Coins that have the potential to boost and currently on an uptrend movement
Short Term - for Coins that doesn't have the potential to boost, for Pump and Dump purpose only.

Bitcoin is generally for Long Term Investment, but for some events it could be a Short Term Investment, depends on the Movement of the Market.

When it comes to safety, Bitcoin is more safe and more trusted, It has a large number of Community which continuously monitor Bitcoin related Activities which make any "unsafe" and malicious activities to be reported and alerted to other members of the community.

suncokreten

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:19:02 AM

Safer? Bitcoin for sure. It is a pioneer of cryptocurrencies and despite it's volatility, it is going in upwards direction.

More profitable? Alts for sure. You won't really see BTC going up 30x in a matter of months (it used to, the market cap is too big now).

I believe the combination between BTC/ETH and alts is the best way to manage your portfolio. BTC/ETH will provide a stability, while alts will give you much bigger potential for growth.
edward222

Activity: 164

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:26:20 AM

There are some really good ICOs... check out these guys are talking about top 5  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2xsavNLSzXNA1H89ZGgQuw
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:35:20 AM

Hello family, I need to take an informed decision on this issue

With the present challenges with the blockchain technology and its present congestion ,

Is it still safe, wise and as profitable as before to start a fresh bitcoin investment?

I'm thinking that investing in a number of the other several altcoins might be much better

Pls I need your thoughts and opinions on this....thanks
No doubt that bitcoin is a perfect way of investment , if you are going to make investment big in the cryptocurrency field then I would like to suggest you to use your money to invest in the bitcoin for long term , Because it is the only bitcoin which is better for long term investment without risk ( Because more stable than any another coin ) .
Secondly if you are going to invest in altcoins also then my suggestion for you to invest in the Etherium , bitcoin gold , regal coin , reddcoin , Digibyte coin , posw coin etc .
But you should remain patienceful always with your investment Because these are those coins which have high potential  , so if you will invest in such coins than you will be able to able to make definitely better profit with 1-2 month wait easily .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:45:11 AM

Mate what ever you do just refrain from investing on any Pos, Dpos scams, because you'll get fucked  hard and sideways by the whales, unless you have

Enough money to bag your portfolio with %80 of their supply, whales not just manipulate but own such markets, find a coin which is identical to Bitcoin

And invest.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: