News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Bitcoin or Ethereum or other Altcoins
Bitcoin - 99 (63.5%)
Ethereum - 26 (16.7%)
Other Altcoins - 31 (19.9%)
Total Voters: 156

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or Altcoins? Which is safer or more profitable?  (Read 4165 times)
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:37:56 PM

Declaimer, everything I am about to say is only through my own 'experience' and 'opinion'.

We can't say that a coin existence is 100% safe, what I mean is that, the coin is not the one who's alarming but the wallet you're using for its storage.

Now setting that aside, it leads us to 'profitable' section. You see Bitcoin have high value, and definitely it is easy to be trade. By having sky rocket price, many people are attracted to this coin and eventually invest in it. Resulting an even higher price of this coin and the loop will continue. But on the other hand, Altcoins are not that different to Bitcoin, because they've come with the idea of making projects for a specific coin and creating these so called Tokens. By starting an Initial Coin Offering(ICO) many Altcoins have benefited to this, by forking that specific coin to be used as the currency exchange for that specific Token. Now the profitability of the Altcoins depends on how the projects are successful.
dogandogru

Activity: 481
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:27:43 PM

In past few years, it is proved that BITCOIN is the safest and most profitable than other shit alt-coin. People often run towards Alt-coins to earn more profits in short time but one wrong move made them loose all their capital in just one shot. So if you don't have much market knowledge and not enough time for trading then go for Bitcoin only.
First i believe that Ether also got a great growing potential but its performance in last few months has disappointed me a lot.
SilverChromia

Activity: 357
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:32:24 AM

When it comes to those two Bitcoins or Altcoins which is safer? for me they are same safe because they doing their work to have a good security features for their users and that is also giving a profit to us. But when it comes to profitable i think or for me they are different because of its demand. We all know what coins have more value or in demand in a lot of people and that is Bitcoin. Maybe we have all different opinion about this but we all know they are all cryptocurrency.

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     Pre-sale: December 2018
██ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
aalfadhala

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Hey!

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 10:35:37 AM

Hello family, I need to take an informed decision on this issue

With the present challenges with the blockchain technology and its present congestion ,

Is it still safe, wise and as profitable as before to start a fresh bitcoin investment?

I'm thinking that investing in a number of the other several altcoins might be much better

Pls I need your thoughts and opinions on this....thanks

More profitable, definitely altcoins. Why?
Let's take Ripple as an example. Ripple can move from $0.20 to $0.40 in few days depending on market conditions which means a 100% profit on your capital. However, for Bitcoin - in order to make the same profit it has to raise to $16,000 to make the same profit.

But lets not forget, Bitcoin is king!

Learn Cryptocurrency on Coinlu
Sophiea

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:39:52 AM

As majority bitcoin is safer rather than other coins or alt coins specially now bitcoin price is increasing it is a great opportunity when you holding a bitcoin.
cryptolerant

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:41:46 AM

bitcoin is the safest place to invest and is good for long-term investing, plus bitcoin is the first trusted and trusted crypto currency. if for altcoin is actually more profitable to invest and trade, because altcoin has more potential in trade, but you must be smart and careful, because in altcoin there is a lot of deception and everything.
I agree with you man, Absolutely bitcoin is more safer than any cryptocurrencies. As we know that bitcoin is the 1st crypto created in the world, Futhermore, bitcoin price is always increase over the years, so it's too safer compared to other altcoins that created after bitcoin, Also bitcoin is much profitable than other cryptocurrencies for the long run, but if you have a good knowledge about trading and other crypto you can make a huge profit by Trading.

Of course. Bitcoin is way more safer and stronger than any other alt coin that available in the market at the moment. You can see any alt coin can die any time now but bitcoin would take some time to disappear.
Shafiqul Islam

Activity: 546

burst.money

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:44:48 AM

bitcon and altcoin, for mine bitcoin is more preferable. bitcoin is long term currency and altcoin is short time currency. i love bitcon the most.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:47:00 AM

Simply put Bitcoin and Altcoin have the opportunity to get the same benefits. the only difference is how we buy and sell the coin. when we choose the right time in buying and selling coin then we can get a chance to get a profit, while when we choose wrong momentum then we will lose the opportunity. This is the simplest thing that distinguishes whether we get a profit or not. No coin is really safe and has a good prospect level right now, all coins have the same chances and the only difference is time. when we can determine the right time then we can get whatever we want. I already have a long experience in trading and timing is the decisive success that we will get.
Nasty23

Activity: 736

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:52:58 AM

When it comes to those two Bitcoins or Altcoins which is safer? for me they are same safe because they doing their work to have a good security features for their users and that is also giving a profit to us. But when it comes to profitable i think or for me they are different because of its demand. We all know what coins have more value or in demand in a lot of people and that is Bitcoin. Maybe we have all different opinion about this but we all know they are all cryptocurrency.
Yes they have a same goal to bring a faster and secure transaction for everyone but the way that they are wanted to be use is different. Bitcoin as we know it is very profitable and the demand is so high that's why it is better to have this coin and put some money in altcoins so that you don't have any regrets if these two coins become pump at the same time.

denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:16:33 AM

Bitcoin as the parent or main road for me and altcoins is as another road from the main road owned to gain profits. Bitcoin remain more stronger and I think it's still safer and more profitable because remembering bitcoin is the first crypto coins, which's likely to remain in demand by many people all the time on investing or other things and certainly bitcoin is more supported by many people.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:21:21 AM

Obviously altcoins can never be as safe as Bitcoins, since many of them are copycats of BTC. Also, most of the alts depend upon Bitcoin for their survival. This is evident from the fact that most of the trading volumes for altcoins come from alt vs BTC trading, rather than alt vs fiat trades.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 3866

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 11:25:58 AM

all this depend on risk and gain  gold rule say "High risk == High gain"

Bitcoin is more unstable and high risky (especially if you invest in more than 1 BTC ) but you can earn good from it with both short range and long one

Altcoins

ETH is more stable and safety which reduce risk factor but you will earn so little from it .

other altcoins

as general most of them unknown and other can crash so high risky with low gain from it  

cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:35:28 AM

altcoin has a greater and more affordable price of power than bitcoin, altcoin competence is calculated on the basis of quantity and many people prefer to speculate with lots of coins and variety, bitcoin is essential for the final goal of conversion but can not profit more if not actively speculated, these two coins has its advantages.
uztre29

Activity: 275
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:56:36 AM

The safetyness of your investment depends on how you are going to handle your wallet or your earnings. But if you will really secure your wallet, then probably investing in Bitcoin is a lot safer than investing in Altcoin because there are many technologies supporting Bitcoin.

Bitcoin and Altcoin is both profitable but in a different way. Bitcoin is for long term investment while Altcoin is for short term investment.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:43:13 PM

The safetyness of your investment depends on how you are going to handle your wallet or your earnings. But if you will really secure your wallet, then probably investing in Bitcoin is a lot safer than investing in Altcoin because there are many technologies supporting Bitcoin.

Bitcoin and Altcoin is both profitable but in a different way. Bitcoin is for long term investment while Altcoin is for short term investment.

We needn't have to argue about which of them is profitable here because bitcoin has shown time and time again that it is more volatile than the altcoins and has therefore the tendency to grow with a bigger margin. It has withstood the test of time and so can be said to be safer than the newer coins which are all looking upto bitcoin.
hxk451

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:06:30 PM

For me BTC is more secure and trusted in light of the fact that it is now tried by time.Some altcoin may be more productive however we can't tell to what extent will that coin can remain in the market so it's very hazardous yet at the same time it's dependent upon you in case you're willing to go out on a limb in contributing.
alexzorgo

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:18:01 PM

Each cryptocurrency has the advantages and shortcomings. Bitcoin, I consider, is safer from the point of view of hacker breakings, the attacks of mining-pools (51%). As it has the strongest and big community of developers which constantly are engaged in enhancement of code of blockchain of bitcoin. In addition to it, the bitcoin has stable and constantly growing demand in the market that does it by rather good means of accumulation. In turn, altcoins have very high volatility. Some of them on volatility exceed bitcoin several times. Therefore, I think, more profitable for short-term trade in the market are altcoins
florentis

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:27:49 PM

Bitcoin and Etherium most profitable now and I think this will continue aoк a long time. But Altcoins so rapidly develop and someday one of them will beat Bitcoin.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:31:24 PM

Well, it all depends on you. storing bitcoin and altcoin have the same potential to gain enormous profits, but it depends on you being able to estimate it or not. well, lots of people benefit from bitcoin, and also altcoin. well, both have the same potential.
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:44:13 PM

Hello family, I need to take an informed decision on this issue

With the present challenges with the blockchain technology and its present congestion ,

Is it still safe, wise and as profitable as before to start a fresh bitcoin investment?

I'm thinking that investing in a number of the other several altcoins might be much better

Pls I need your thoughts and opinions on this....thanks
Yes making investing into bitcoin is still safe even if you doing right now due to about 62% of Institutional Investors are Buying or Considering Buying Bitcoin can be seen bitcoin's price rise up more than $8000/ bitcoin now, unfortunately investing into bitcoin needs large of money, it is not problem for bagholders, but will be hard for little investors who doesn't have large of money to invest up to 100 bitcoin, the best choice is they can invest into the alternative coins although it needs much money too, the big chance to getting profit is investment in the ICOs, it can be used small and big amount of money, so depending on your capital which are choosen of course based on your analysis.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: