News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Bitcoin or Ethereum or other Altcoins
Bitcoin - 99 (63.5%)
Ethereum - 26 (16.7%)
Other Altcoins - 31 (19.9%)
Total Voters: 156

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or Altcoins? Which is safer or more profitable?  (Read 4136 times)
AngelJoshua

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:46:52 AM

Now a days its hard to have a bitcoin so on my own opinion use some altcoin (eth , etc) for profit because it much easier than bitcoin , you can use those altcoin in trading , investing or other things but do your own research before doing that for your own safety Smiley , then if you already have a profit from altcoins convert it to the bitcoin as a investment becasue bitcoin price is unstoppable and safer ^_^.

At your service
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:52:29 AM

if we talk about which is safer between bitcoin and altcoin, the answer is bitcoin because its less volatile, Bitcoin Volatility is almost decreasing every year and now it's almost as volatile as oil. But the altcoin is the most profitable if you predict it right altcoin you can get a massive amount of money, but yeah when there's is a high reward there is always a high risk.
Yes i am agree, no doubt that bitcoin is much safer and profitable to invest than altcoin, you can invest in bitcoin for short term or long term period it depends on the amount of your capital, also you can used that to buy good altcoin or has potential to increase its value and hold it for long period to have an option in the near future and it will give you multiple income if you have more investments.
BitcoinBallerina

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:58:31 AM

Hello family, I need to take an informed decision on this issue

With the present challenges with the blockchain technology and its present congestion ,

Is it still safe, wise and as profitable as before to start a fresh bitcoin investment?

I'm thinking that investing in a number of the other several altcoins might be much better

Pls I need your thoughts and opinions on this....thanks
Well if we are talking about safety wise all the cryptocurrency are a bit risky to invest in some more than others, but this risk comes at the cost of profit, investing in cryptocurrency espascially in bitcoin can get you some really good and fast profit, so if you are asking which is better to invest in for profit and with less risk i would say bitcoin, because the other coins people only use them as backdoors to bitcoin they mine and try to get ethereum or litecoin or whatever other cryptocurrency there is just to exchange them to bitcoin because it is starting to be hard to get, but all in all cryptocurrency is becomining more and more sort of the new era investment, because people know that soon papaer moeny will disapear and digital money will take place.

Altcoins base their value off of Bitcoin... Damn that's embarassing... You thought altcoins are actually sound money, and considered a strong store of value that operates on a decetralized network? No. Altcoins are centralized and have short term value with no long term value whatsoever as they are just speculative and profit off of BTC's code.

Iambatman

Activity: 171
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:02:22 AM

Long Term: Bitcoins
Short Term: Altcoins
Ezmael Wright

Activity: 191
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:02:59 AM

I think bitcoins are more safe and profitable. As it continues to rise in price. And I'm sure that we will receive a lot of benefits when we get the right rewards for bitcoins
Glorypaasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:12:31 AM

With the present challenges with the blockchain technology and its present congestion ,

Is it still safe, wise and as profitable as before to start a fresh bitcoin investment?

I'm thinking that investing in a number of the other several altcoins might be much better

If you have a altcoin or bitcoin they are same risky so bitcoin is much profitable because all altcoin must need to convert in bitcoin but i think altcoin is more good because you woll get a lot of btc if you win in trading.
pruvast

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:16:58 AM

Hold some of both. Bitcoin used to have an inverse relationship with alts. Whenever bitcoin pumps, alts suffer and vice versa. But generally as more mainstream interest comes in, investors are going to invest in in bitcoin first and alts subsequently.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:25:53 AM

Bitcoin and altcoin investments both are profitable but bitcoin need to be long term investment but altcoin investment not like that some altcoins give good price bump in the short time.So you have to deceide what type of investment your are going to make.
I sugget invest  60% in bitcoins hold it in cold storage for more than 5 years to get huge profit.Then invest remaining 40% in altcoin which price is trending at that moment once you got good bump convert it into btc because keeping as altcoin is more risky.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 03:50:45 AM

As OP mentioned in the title, 'safer or more profitable' it means that if he is willing to earn handsome amount of profit then he must take the risk as a thumb rule of investment says, "High-risk yields high profit and low-risk yields low profit".

I believe that Bitcoin is going to perform very well in the long run but that doesn't mean that I should put all the eggs in the single basket. I am diversifying my investment in Bitcoin and alt-coins but still, the major share of my investment portfolio is allocated to Bitcoin. I would suggest OP to diversify his investments to avoid the risk by spreading it across the various investment option. However, doing own research while (before) choosing investment options (altcoins) is highly recommended.
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:30:31 AM

It depends. It is hard to say which is more profitable. If you have good skills in tradind, you can get more profit with altcoins. If not, you will get more profit by holding Bitcoin
dobladi

Activity: 345

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:34:24 AM

in my opinion, it is Bitcoin which is more profitable and much safer since it has already established a huge community that generates high demand in the market that positively affect its market value.It is safer to invest because its market value is continuously increasing unlike the price of alts which is eventually falling since there are lots of altcoins and the demand in the market is being divided.

Ingoats

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:49:33 AM

I think bitcoin is more profitable because it has a higher rate of increase on its market value than any aktcoin which makes it profitable for investments. Also, Bitcoin is good for a long run, most of the altcoins are just being on mainstream in just a short period of time so investing into it woun't lead to huge profit for a long period of time.
mayuri27

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:58:28 AM

If you are thinking for the short term than Altcoin is good.
But for the long term Bitcoin is the only choice.
Kadal Ijo

Activity: 1162
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:10:05 AM

We must divide, by dividing it will be safer, give 40% for bitcoin and the remaining 60% for altcoin. if calculated from the gain of bitcoin and altcoin is the same depends on the altcoin we choose.

Ingoats

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:40:33 AM

I think investing to altcoin would be riskier since most of the altcoin's market value are not good for a long run such that when a new altcoin rise, its value will eventually fall unlike the value of bitcoin that is continuously increasing and becoming more expensive. So ibviously, bitcoin is more profitable and much more safe to invest your money with.
Futureblnr

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:09:32 PM

There are some really good ICOs... check out these guys are talking about top 5  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2xsavNLSzXNA1H89ZGgQuw
Pepito Manaloto

Activity: 377

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:13:24 PM

For short term investment, go for altcoin since it has a higher rate of increase on its market value than Bitcoin. If you are looking for long term investment, choose Bitcoin because it is where Bitcoin is best at, since it value is increasing for a long run. Bith are safe in my opinion, also, has their own advantages on being a profitable crypto. Both will give you profit hence, it will now only depend on your perspectives.

bearexin

Activity: 1162
Merit: 168

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:31:08 PM

I think both of them are risky. However, with the development of Bitcoin, maybe Bitcoin is safer and can get more profitable.
If we talk about the safety of the coins, then bitcoins are obviously safer than the altcoins due to the stability .Along with this, if a person knows trading well, then he could earn equal amount of money via using any of the coins whether they are altcoins or bitcoins.

Bitcoins are on the top of the list due to excessive use and it is used for the trading and investment purposes through the international exchanges at the highest recorded rates so you could prefer them at present.
ehdiksayo

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:42:20 PM

Long Term: Bitcoins
Short Term: Altcoins

Bitcoins is the first cryptocurrency, and that makes it the most trusted and used amongst all the other altcoins, so its the most safe to get hold of. However, since the price is so high right now, don't expect it to increase tenfold in the next few years as it would be a little unrealistic, but possible though.

Altcoins, or Initial Coin Offerings (ICO), can have potential if researched upon, which makes it more profitable, however, there are many scamcoins revolving about ICOs and altcoins, making it more risky than having Bitcoin.

It is up to you, but if you are new to BTC, I suggest getting some Bitcoin first. Smiley
I agree, for the long term, it is better to save bitcoin rather than the altcoin. because the price of bitcon is much more stable than altcoin.
Agree. Long term should be the safest ones. Takes time but the time will pay off.
Iceblast

Activity: 783

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:52:25 PM

both between bitcoin and altcoin are very profitable, but for myself prefer the bitcoin for savings and also investment because the strength of bitcoin in dunie cryptocurrency has been highly tested and proven.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: