News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Bitcoin or Ethereum or other Altcoins
Bitcoin - 99 (63.5%)
Ethereum - 26 (16.7%)
Other Altcoins - 31 (19.9%)
Total Voters: 156

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or Altcoins? Which is safer or more profitable?  (Read 4128 times)
Rubble898zaitO

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:54:38 AM

I totally agree with some posts here that it is best to diversify your portfolio especially with crypto currency investments. Personally, I still believe in Bitcoin, so a big chunk of my investment is still in it, but it is for a long term investment. On the other had, I find some alt coins with good potential as well like Eth, I also invest on some but just for short term investment. I am very careful with alt coins because there a number of them that are just scams. So for me, both are profitable depends on the timeline you plan for your investment, Bitcoin - long term and Alt coin for short term. For which is safer, personally it is Bitcoin since it has proven and tested that it is real, profitable and here to stay.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:57:42 AM

There are very few alt-coins that are worth looking at. Bitcoin is the safest bet in my opinion, as many alt-coins are more volatile than Bitcoin and less secure. With that being said, diversification is a good thing. If I had to pick alt-coins to invest in, id say out of them all, Litecoin, Ethereum, and Monero would be the safest bets.
ejswift

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:01:13 AM

Hello family, I need to take an informed decision on this issue

With the present challenges with the blockchain technology and its present congestion ,

Is it still safe, wise and as profitable as before to start a fresh bitcoin investment?

I'm thinking that investing in a number of the other several altcoins might be much better

Pls I need your thoughts and opinions on this....thanks
for me i choose bitcoin becase we all know that its popular than altcoins plua it is easy to store in your wallets and easy to gain profit than altcoins

tentara pelajar

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:02:37 AM

I think investing in bitcoin will be safer than investing in altcoin. Why is that? I think because of the highest bitcoin value. Even if the decline is more stable than altcoin and the risk is not as much if investing in altcoin.
MUG1WARA

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:03:41 AM

of course i choose bitcoin because bitcoin always be first and reliable better than bitcoin in top choice..
I'm sure bitcoin is able to grow in the future at a price higher than last year

BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:06:35 AM

With the present challenges with the blockchain technology and its present congestion ,

Is it still safe, wise and as profitable as before to start a fresh bitcoin investment?

I'm thinking that investing in a number of the other several altcoins might be much better

for me i choose bitcoin becase we all know that its popular than altcoins plua it is easy to store in your wallets and easy to gain profit than altcoins

That is a very good point, Bitcoin has great clients that fit any type of Bitcoin user. Worried about security? Download Armory or get a trezor. Want something lightweight and easy to use? Check out Electrum or Mycelium. This is a great benefit Bitcoin has over many alt-coins, the great development support and diversity of wallets. Not to mention the merchant acceptance for Bitcoin as well. A lot easier to find somewhere that accepts Bitcoin than it is any other coin.
jpnl0003

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:22:04 AM

bitcoin no doubt started the whole blockchain technology innovations and has proven beyond doubt that it is more reliable than any other that comes after it, so for safer transactions i will choose bitcoin but for profitability i will prefer altcoins and more specifically i will prefer ethereum smart contract tokens for the swift speed in the transfer or transaction confirmations. thanks
supandi wiharja

Activity: 420

Earn crypto for being contacted

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:53:58 AM

In my opinion bitcoin is a coin that has tremendous potential, from year to year its value always increases, and besides bitcoin safer than altcoin.
Investing in altcoin profitable, but it has a high risk, because most altcoins today can not last long.
I prefer to invest in bitcoin, because bitcoin has a good future and as time goes on its price will surely increase.

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:04:32 AM

nothing is safe between them because both of them still do have a risk. Any investment is risky as long as there is a money or a value involved.  however i think altcoins is more profitable than bitcoins because alts are cheap which means we can buy them at a cheap price in a bulk and then we could sell them high whenever theres a price increase on them.

bitcoins is only big on its value but you cannot buy it in a bulk because it is to expensive. thats why your potential profit will only be limited.
jademacoy

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:09:00 AM

I have seen green markets now for the altcoins. I checked and found that there is one altcoin that reachers 100% increase of its price. It is not that surprising since altcoins are being supported on the community that depend on the team if they promote the project within the community. Because literally the community are the beneficiaries of the project implementation. However, I will go on bitcoin. Bitcon has proved already its worth and operations. Bitcoin never fail to keep its worth from the investors investing in bitcoin. MOst of them are having fun and some became addicted in bitcoin. Maybe one day we will heard a news about a man obsessed with bitcoin that he will marry a bitcoin.
TheDarkRide

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:09:33 AM

Bitcoin is used worldwide and a lot of people support it. Some alts like ethereum has the same advantage too. For me, such coins is more safer.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:16:00 AM

I have seen green markets now for the altcoins. I checked and found that there is one altcoin that reachers 100% increase of its price. It is not that surprising since altcoins are being supported on the community that depend on the team if they promote the project within the community. Because literally the community are the beneficiaries of the project implementation. However, I will go on bitcoin. Bitcon has proved already its worth and operations. Bitcoin never fail to keep its worth from the investors investing in bitcoin. MOst of them are having fun and some became addicted in bitcoin. Maybe one day we will heard a news about a man obsessed with bitcoin that he will marry a bitcoin.

i have also notice that most altcoins are now recovering and all of my alts are on green , not only alts but ico tokens as well. But if i were to choose between alts and btc i will still go on btc and i think btc is still profitable compared to alts despite of being dumped right now

btc still got the highest value among  other cryptos and btc still have the potential to pump higher unexpectedly which means you can always earn better if you have a btc. thats why ive chose btc.  But in terms of  safety , i cant really decide between the two because i know and im aware that every cryptos do have a risk.
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:29:43 AM

It depends on the altcoins and the project but although left for me I would still choose bitcoins because bitcoins are what has made me the most money in this market so far. If you happen to invest in the right altcoin then you stand to make a lot of money in so little time but with so many altcoins out there it gets harder to pick out a legit project to invest in by the day.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:56:00 AM

nothing is safe between them because both of them still do have a risk. Any investment is risky as long as there is a money or a value involved.  however i think altcoins is more profitable than bitcoins because alts are cheap which means we can buy them at a cheap price in a bulk and then we could sell them high whenever theres a price increase on them.

bitcoins is only big on its value but you cannot buy it in a bulk because it is to expensive. thats why your potential profit will only be limited.
Yeah right, all investments are not safe and risky. But I do not agree with you that altcoin is more profitable than bitcoin if used for investment. I think even though bitcoin has an expensive price but its fluctuations always go up, unlike altcoin whose fluctuations are erratic and it tends to be more risky. Even some altcoins are difficult to grow and always stay in place. But altcoin can be used to gain profit with great risk. I think bitcoin is safer and more profitable if used for investment.
missmaria

Activity: 137
Merit: 12

Semux

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:13:42 AM

Currently bitcoin is much more safer that any altcoin because altcoin market now is only following tendencies of BTC price.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
jeda2000

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:19:28 AM

Clearly there is a risk of security, but in some cases it is a bit more. Bitcoin and Ethereum are followed by zcash, litecoin and some others. The issue of earning is up to you and you need to follow the market well and evaluate the opportunities.
bojokusugih

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:23:54 AM

Everything is advantageous if you can see the advantages and disadvantages of altcoins and bitcoins, but if you are forced to choose I recommend investing in my bitcoin.
I'm sure you'll be rich and become a millionaire like everyone else.
Rosscy

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:08:40 PM

If I think personally, if I have big capital for investment, I will choose to invest in bitcoin and ethereum.

Bitcoin is designed to serve as a peer-to-peer electronic payment system. Meanwhile, ethereum is designed for smart contracts that are executed when fulfilling certain conditions.

Although confident in the future of ethereum, but I think it can not compete with bitcoin. In my opinion, bitcoin has succeeded in increasing interest in digital currency throughout 2017. There is great interest in the public and there are more areas that can be made public by investments, even in bitcoins.

So I think for now better invest in bitcoin and ethereum.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:51:37 PM

I would choose altcoins.
Why?
Because Bitcoin and Ethereum did pump a lot and now they are being dumped. Their value is still not stabilized and may drop more.
For altcoins, some also did pump a lot like NEO.
But new altcoins have a better chance to be more profitable, because they were not pumped like the top 10 coins.
But don't choose an altcoin with Bitcoin in the name, as there value did drop a lot. And they maybe are still not at the bottom as Bitcoin value may decrease more.
It is better to wait if you still have not invest in cryptos. It is still possible to do day trading.
kimtaek

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:55:00 PM

For me the most profitable is the Bitcoin... Altcoins can be exchange to Bitcoin so better hold your BTC in the near future and wait for the market exchange rate for the BTC to increase.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: