Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:34:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to kill Bitcoin?  (Read 3081 times)
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:36:05 PM

Huh
I searched how to kill Bitcoin on the search box and saw nothing, so I'll just start a new one.

Is it true that miners are the one responsible for every transactions?
If yes; why didn't the government of China just ban cryptocurrency mining or am I just missing something out?

If there are no transactions or maybe just less than 10 made transaction happened within 24 hours, how will the mining computer work then?, will it just go idle?What if people decided to hodle their coins, will it be unfair for the miners?

Huh

Banning mining won't kill Bitcoin,because the difficulty will be adjusted depending how many miners/mining power are available,so if only few bunch of miners still mine,Bitcoin would still survive(Satoshi mined by himself in the beginning)

I think the only "possible" way to kill bitcoin is to kill internet worldwide. (An impossible thing because countryies economy is based on internet right now and banning Internet is a suicide)

But the transactions would take more time to complete with less miners operating, right?
So the transactions costs would be extremely high, making many people search for alternative currencies to execute their transactions.

This way Bitcoin would become useless, losing demand and price.
Another way to kill Bitcoin besides ending internet it's by "killing" the demand. Making Bitcoin looks uninteresting for many investors.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:56:42 PM

Huh
I searched how to kill Bitcoin on the search box and saw nothing, so I'll just start a new one.

If yes; why didn't the government of China just ban cryptocurrency mining or am I just missing something out?

If there are no transactions or maybe just less than 10 made transaction happened within 24 hours, how will the mining computer work then?, will it just go idle?What if people decided to hodle their coins, will it be unfair for the miners?

Huh

Cut off the miners. With out bitcoins going into the blockchain, then supplies won't last long since bitcoins will eventually get lost due to neglect. We only have a small amount of bitcoins left in our total supply and cutting of the main producers would eventually kill bitcoins.

Brian Goldman

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:22:53 AM

Numerous countries have already tried and failed to ban Bitcoin. The internet is a very difficult thing to censor, especially when fighting against intelligent and motivated geeks. With the use of a VPN people have been able to get around government bans in different countries.
Ethan Becker

Activity: 142

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:24:12 AM

Early in the history of Bitcoin an error in the code was exploited so that someone forged 92 billion bitcoins. The problem was an overflow error allowing someone to essentially create Bitcoin out of thin air.

Mazda17

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:07:39 AM

What makes us have to kill bitcoin, while the bitcoin potential is very good to help the number of unemployed in every country in order to earn an extra income for their life, if anyone intends to it, chances are the person is crazy !!!
A good opinion and I agree with your opinion, bitcoin will not be killed unless they themselves disable bitcoin or just people who intend to kill it must kill the internet network first to make sure bitcoin is killed, but in a sense people who want to kill bitcoin like people crazy services let alone bitcoin has begun worldwide now.
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:19:07 AM

Huh

Huh

I have never attempted to search or even think on how to end bitcoin after all bitcoin have proved to be very helpful to our life and society, but if you must think of it then you will fine it hard to kill bitcoin because bitcoin is decentralized at that it not under the control of any body or institution that can be kill and again bitcoin work with blockchain and mining carried out on the internet so the easiest way to end bitcoin is to turn of the internet if the world will be ready for that.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:26:23 AM

Difficult to completely kill it, but the connection between crypto exchanges and banks can be severed by governments which will essentially kill it for most mainstream users.   The key is the larger markets like China, US, Japan, UK, Germany.   If these key countries simply declare through legislation that banks can no longer hold fiat accounts for crypto exchanges, that will essentially cut most 'normal' people from changing fiat into crypto.    Most normal users aren't willing to fly abroad to open crypto accounts in countries that don't have those kind of laws.   Plenty of people will, but by and large, most people aren't willing to invest the time or capital to do so.

sent from my X6
webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:36:34 AM

Huh

Huh

Try to study the concept of block chain algorithm and how miners are capable of every transactions that's being made on the exchangers. Even if china will ban miners on their area, cryptocurrency will still circulate because of the countless miners on other countries.
darrly

Activity: 165
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:44:40 AM

It can survive as long as there are three nodes mining. And i think that whatever you do to stop it, even if the government ban it, it will still function as it is, it will just slow down but it will never stop. And why would you want to kill it? I think it is the currency of the future. It offers a lot of opportunity to earn for everyone.

ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:51:58 AM

Huh

Huh

what do you mean by killing bitcoin? please explain in more detail
and for mining, you can find more information on the mining board in this forum. you can exchange information about all matters pertaining to mining.
00DKM@

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:59:41 AM

It can survive as long as there are three nodes mining. And i think that whatever you do to stop it, even if the government ban it, it will still function as it is, it will just slow down but it will never stop. And why would you want to kill it? I think it is the currency of the future. It offers a lot of opportunity to earn for everyone.
For bitcoin to become a currency in the future, I think it is very difficult, requiring developers to develop more applications that meet the needs of people, and everyone must know how to use computers, all Countries must have internet. and some countries want to destroy the bitcoin because they think bitcoin is a haven for criminals, doing money laundering.
Noelbetty12

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:03:21 AM

Huh

Huh

Do you ever believe bitcoin will eventually die? For me, I think not as of now. Even when China did banned bitcoin it didn't kill it, because it is universal and privately run. When they banned bitcoin transactions then so is mining as well because miners earn bitcoin and probably the same, they cannot exchange the bitcoin. Even with this effort by some countries trying to stop bitcoin it still continues because some of the companies are now trying to accept it as a legal tender.

【 MARGINLESS.IO 】 (https://www.marginless.io/)
【Now YOU Can Be The Bookmaker!】
cryptotaste

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:39:39 AM

You cannot kill bitcoin, it is too big right now and keeps growing. bitcoin has reach the highest price it has. this is very famous in internet by making money with some of the wise internet users who needs money so it will become more and more famous in each day.
Brian Goldman

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:43:48 AM

The beauty of Bitcoin, and blockchains in general, is their decentralized nature. Thousands of full nodes across the world store the immutable Bitcoin blockchain on their own local disk space. The current size of Bitcoin’s blockchain is about 155 GB allowing it to easily fit on the harddrive of any computer made in the last 4 years.

In order to truly destroy Bitcoin an attacker would have to destroy every copy of the Bitcoin blockchain. With tens of thousands of copies of the Bitcoin blockchain stored across the globe many believe the only way to do this is global nuclear war. While the Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) and subsequent fireball would wipe many hard drives clean there are undoubtedly a number of copies of the blockchain stored in Faraday Cages and safes that would be protected from the EMP.

Essentially, in this scenario Bitcoin would be killed because, well, humanity has been killed. Any humans left would not have the electricity or internet to run Bitcoin and honestly would have much bigger problems than needing digital money.
Aufar

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:24:00 AM

In this scenario Bitcoin will be killed because:

- Man has been killed and every human being left behind will not have electricity or internet to run Bitcoin.
- Attacker must destroy every copy of Bitcoin block. with tens of thousands of copies of Bitcoin blocks are stored worldwide,
- Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) and the next fireball will be issued a lot the hard drive is clean, no doubt there are a number of copies of the
  stored blocks in Coop Faraday and a safe that will be protected from EMP.
dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:32:50 PM

No in practical it is not possible because btc came as a result of hard mathematical calculation of different computation algorithm.The only thing which can kill is the shutting down of internet in the world which seems not to be possible so same is the killing of btc which is not possible.
Gyromancer

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 03:39:10 PM

Huh

Huh

you can't kill bitcoin, bill gates say bitcoin is unstopable

Vin183~

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:57:39 PM

Stop do btc also ask all people to stop.to btc so btc.can be die
angelakrasnova

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:04:11 PM

Why kill bitcoin if it brings profit to us? Only if you are touched by the heart of some unsuccessful transactions, you can conceive of malice, but it happens, errors occur.
nyong

Activity: 213

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:04:16 PM

if you want to kill bitcoin, you must can make every one stop to invest in bitcoin
but I feel it's impossible to happen, because many people has believe to bitcoin and they will always invest to bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: