Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:22:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 114 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people says gold is better?  (Read 11638 times)
crustez00

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:13:13 AM

If you make that kind of comparation, that bitcoin could be somekind of payment tool and gold can't. simply wrong to put gold into payment tool comparation. Because, what i think about gold is not a payment tool. But, gold itself is such kind of investment for the future. Rare material on earth that have value in society. not as payment tool, but investment. well, bitcoin is good. This coin could use to payment tool and investment too  Smiley #CMIIW

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shahinurit

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:15:10 AM

:'(actually i feel that,bitcoin and gold is different way.Bitcoin is the strongest virtual digital currency right now, otherwise gold is one kind a property.
romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:23:48 AM

Many people are prepare with tangible asset, they wanted to hold physically their asset, like Gold.

Gold Advantage:
- transaction can be done anytime, no need for internet connection.
- less volatility

Bitcoin Advantage:
- transaction can be done across countries or continent
- million dollar or even billion dollar worth of BTC are fitted to one wallet

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:45:11 AM

People with traditional thinking will always say that gold is better because one can feel it. On the other hand, BTC cannot be touched or felt.
shamimal93

Activity: 966
Merit: 11

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:52:13 AM

If gold is better, bitcoin is the best. Backdated people think that.But new generation actually like bitcoin.

Ismat Morshed

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:06:24 AM

people do not know about bitcoin is it.And they do not want to learn about it.If gold is better,bitcoin is the best.people most like bitcoin.
bayong

Activity: 197

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:15:36 AM

well of course they can say that because Gold is tangible,physical,real,For them they will say gold is better rather than bitcoin because some of the people they don't have knowledge in bitcoin.But ask something about gold,they know about it.
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:16:13 AM

why they says gold is better then bitcoin i don't know.but i think bitcoin not exiest like gold that's why they don't belive on bitcoin.but say bitcoin is best then gold.Because bitcoin is priceable then gold everytime.thank you.
Lol, Get you facts straight buddy! There is no limited supply of gold, it is available in the form of ores around the world, what really is in limited supply, is bitcoin and we all know this fact.

Bitcoin is day by day increasing in value just because of this very reason that it has limited supply. People are fighting to hold as many bitcoin as they can right now before all bitcoin are mined out. Bitcoin is better than gold in all aspects.
cfkvfyjd

Activity: 420
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:17:29 AM

Of bitkoyna not make any jewelry it can not be put in a safe and you can not hide the treasure.
cfkvfyjd

Activity: 420
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:18:53 AM

But with gold it is not convenient and it is not possible to buy and sell goods, so bitcoins and gold are needed and promising.
kenjohannes26

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:22:36 AM

Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?

Maybe they still do not know what bitcoin is, and gold is very different from bitcoin. It has no physical form, it is a virtual asset that everyone can have in full, without intermediaries in transactions, very fast and secure because it has the most advanced technology today.
nano77

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:29:59 AM

Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?

actually gold is also a profitable investment but the increase in price is very slow and the price is also much different with bitcoin which is increasing very fast so I think bitcoin is still the best
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:39:14 AM

Bitcoin is touching new price high day by day. So do its volatility. Bitcoins supply is limited in numbers, but its demand is increasing day by day. As a result its prices are moving up and down sharply. Due to these sharp movements many people stay away from bitcoins. Instead they prefer gold currency. Gold is much stable as compared to bitcoin. Though bitcoin gives huge amount of returns, some people stability. Conversion of bitcoin to fiat cash need bitcoin wallets etc. Gold get converted to cash easily. Bitcoins are banned in some countries, gold has universal acceptance.
Preclus

Activity: 167

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:41:16 AM

The #1 reason gold is better because we all know what gold is. And we can test it. You don't need a central authority to tell you what it is either, it is a basic element.

That's not true of bitcoin. There is no single central authority that decides what a bitcoin is. Some people say Bitcoin Cash is the real bitcoin. Some say Bitcoin Core is the real bitcoin. When SegWit2X was going to happen there was a huge argument about whether that fork was "bitcoin" or not. There was going to be two Bitcoin Core's and the community was going to split. Now, there is some general agreement about what the bitcoin blockchain is right now but some people don't agree. And in the future, there is no reason not to believe it won't fork again where the community will be split in two with half saying this blockchain is the real bitcoin and the other half saying the other one is. And at that point, there is no central authority to say which one is the "real bitcoin"

The #2 reason is because when I have gold, there isn't a group of developers out there that can simply make my gold worthless. The bitcoin developers (whichever one you consider, Core, Gold, Cash, Blue, etc.) can unlimit the number of bitcoins by changing one line of code. They can blacklist a specific wallet address with a couple lines of code. They can do whatever they want. However, even they aren't the only authority because...

The #3 reason is the miners can do whatever they want as well. Mining is now centralized and small number of miners control the blockchain. They can completely block a specific transaction by not adding it and then if it sees that transaction from someone else, removing it and then mining back ahead to keep a longest chain that doesn't contain it.

The #4 reason is because I don't have any transaction fees when I buy and sell gold. I only have market spread and I don't have to go through any middleman who stamps my transaction to OK it. I can do a transaction with someone directly without having to send a transaction off to a third party and where my transaction is made public via a public key that might be associated with me.

Basically when you buy gold, you have bought something that is immutable. When you buy bitcoin, what you bought may be devalued by others, may be blocked by others and you must go through others even to do a simple person to person transaction.
YourCoinIsMine

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:41:57 AM

because is it a mineral and it does backup for paper money, in compares to bitcoin which is not backed up at all.
sidebyside

Activity: 245

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:44:06 AM

I think many people think that gold is better than bitcoin because gold has a special shape and high value. And quite stable. But bitcoin is actually more valuable than gold, but bitcoin is virtual money and people are afraid that it will disappear. That is why they say that gold is better than bitcoin

CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:45:30 AM

Gold better because it's physical object that can be protected by human being. In other hand Bitcoin is computing process that has high risk of hacker or doomsday (dead internet). Not just Gold better on that security but it also created/come out from earth not human so there is real value and stock in it.
Trust me, in the doomsday, even gold will be worthless, humankind will seeking for safety instead of that useless kind of gold. Also, if you save up your gold somewhere else probably in your house or in your bunker
and if someone finds out that you hold some big amounts of gold. then, maybe you will face the nightmare which is robbery.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JaneBui

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:53:54 AM

I think gold seems to be valuable consumption and it's really rare because the production of gold is difficult that doesn't similar to share manufacture or money manufacture. Besides, people who don't want to take risks from the stock market will choose gold instead of others. In addition, gold has played the crucial role for a long time as it's still balance even increasing when other assets are falling.
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:55:46 AM

You wonder why you cannot buy stuffs using gold compared to bitcoin? Gold isn't a currency like bitcoin. Gold is an asset. Most people aren't educated about decentralized currency and its blockchain. And based on history gold is already an expensive asset.
dragonbhai

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:56:21 AM

You wonder why you cannot buy stuffs using gold compared to bitcoin? Gold isn't a currency like bitcoin. Gold is an asset. Most people aren't educated about decentralized currency and its blockchain. And based on history gold is already an expensive asset.
People says gold is better. Because, it is the most popular precious metal in our world.People generally know the details of it.I think all people in world know about gold.On the other hand,Bitcoin isn't much popular. But it is a popular issue in a few countries which people are connected to this forum.But there are maximum people of the world don't know about it.For these things, people says gold is better
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 114 »
  Print  

Jump to: