Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:14:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] STRAKS - A POW/Masternode Cryptocurrency focused on e-commerce utility  (Read 144843 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
relayd

Activity: 81
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:31:29 PM

There is a lot of money to be made because of the entire signatum exchange thing, if you time it right you can probably make a massive profit. But who knows at which point that would be? Nobody does. So I don't really believe in anything anymore, and especially any new coins promising the moon. Grin

Put it this way if you bough sigt at 1 cent yesterday and dumped it at 3 cents today, you would have already made x3 times your money in a day.

But I don't see this coin having a use besides that at this point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoGeneral

Activity: 219
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 11:40:16 PM

Pointed some hashes toward the network. And will swap my signatum for it. Bullish Wink
thienytcc88

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:49:27 PM

Your roadmap with seven pollars looks so promising. Dev team so hardworking with attractive infographic. Wish your project successful soon.
Epicyclic

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:57:04 PM

Where is/was the information on the swap? Is it over?

The swap has not yet begun, November the 29th all details of the swap will be announced, please read the main page for Straks  Wink
Wawaji

Activity: 91

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:22:00 AM

People are so stupid that they left good projects to mine this silly pump and dump project. My daily profit went up by a lot today LOL. Thank you greedy dumb miners.
puprush

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:23:49 AM

The SIGT on yobit will they be good for swap with STRAKS ? thers like 2 different SIGT coins V1 and v2
There is only one version of sigt https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/signatum/
Sigt 2.0 was codename for the swap when previous dev abandoned project.
I really liked idea of e-commerce orientated coin from the beginning. Unfortunately previous dev scammed a lot of ppl, thx to this team that they overtook the project and invested their time.

this coin is very transparancy .Just read the github. you could get it.

I dont understand why so many guys never bring their brain outside.

Please tell me how this is transparent. There is no white paper, the charts do not match. Yes it is transparent, that the devs want to scam you all again .
Thebestis7950

Activity: 185

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:35:05 AM

The SIGT on yobit will they be good for swap with STRAKS ? thers like 2 different SIGT coins V1 and v2
There is only one version of sigt https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/signatum/
Sigt 2.0 was codename for the swap when previous dev abandoned project.
I really liked idea of e-commerce orientated coin from the beginning. Unfortunately previous dev scammed a lot of ppl, thx to this team that they overtook the project and invested their time.

this coin is very transparancy .Just read the github. you could get it.

I dont understand why so many guys never bring their brain outside.

Please tell me how this is transparent. There is no white paper, the charts do not match. Yes it is transparent, that the devs want to scam you all again .

i can see the sock accounts are in full FUD mode
go away trolls
not everyone reads bitcointalk anymore
the crypto world has changed

AQ16LcTPQcYXH9BhQTQfVDe7JtYNwdDaXj
Eulersheep

Activity: 68

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:40:11 AM

I'm surprised by all the people complaining it's not profitable to mine. The coin was just launched, what did you expect? Looking at the network hash rate it's obvious that there are way too many people mining Straks and trying to get instantly rich. It doesn't work that way.  Over time the hash rate will go down and then mining will become profitable. But for now buying Sigt is the best way to get Straks. It's obvious Sigt is currently under valued: Sigt was at 1000 - 1200 sats before shit hit then fan.

Congrats to Straks team for the successful launch. It seems things are working much more smoothly than for example with Bitcoin Gold.

When sig was at 1000-1200 sats, BTC was like half the value it is today, so it's not a fair comparison.

Also from reading this thread, I see a lot of greedy people that don't understand math and only care about the price of this coin. That is not what makes a coin great. For a coin to be successful it needs to offer something new to the ecosystem, what does STRAKS offer that no other coin has?
cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:40:16 AM

This is awesome, the DEVs are actually listed.

pumped.
stevascha

Activity: 312

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:44:49 AM

interesting, will wait the swap from sigt  Grin

YENTEN - YescryptR16 - NO PREMINE - ASIC RESISTANT - WALLET MINING - COMMUNITY MANAGED - ADULT MALES
Yenten is a Japanese cryptocurrency of the cpu, by the cpu, for the cpu.
No ASIC. ASIC is for girls and kids. Join us!
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:48:00 AM

I want to congratulate the developers with a successful start, it was one of the best starts in recent times.
 Smooth transition to the mainnet and accessibility for all platforms.

LOL, in recent times?  Hardly.  This started out with devs saying it could only be mined using a built-in cpu miner with a confusing script that would launch multiple daemons.  I'm sure their plan all along was to mine with their GPUs while the idiots wasted cpu cycles.  They waxed poetic as to how different this coin was and how it was too advanced for pools or miners to implement.  Only when pools did actually implement it because its nothing more than a standard algo did they change their tune. Lets not forget that rewards started 2 days after the stated time.  If you ask me, this ranks as the 2nd worst start in recent times, ranking right after Bitcoin Gold.
nsummy

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:51:47 AM

I'm surprised by all the people complaining it's not profitable to mine. The coin was just launched, what did you expect? Looking at the network hash rate it's obvious that there are way too many people mining Straks and trying to get instantly rich. It doesn't work that way.  Over time the hash rate will go down and then mining will become profitable. But for now buying Sigt is the best way to get Straks. It's obvious Sigt is currently under valued: Sigt was at 1000 - 1200 sats before shit hit then fan.

Congrats to Straks team for the successful launch. It seems things are working much more smoothly than for example with Bitcoin Gold.

Hashrate has nothing to do with this.  The reason its not profitable is because for some bizarre reason the devs are offering a coin swap with a completely unrelated shitcoin that trades for pennies.  This coin isn't even in the realm of covering electricity costs.   You could put in your info into whattomine, scroll to the very bottom, mine the coin in last place, sell it and buy sigt and you would make 100x more money.
Eulersheep

Activity: 68

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:56:45 AM

I want to congratulate the developers with a successful start, it was one of the best starts in recent times.

LOL, in recent times?  Hardly.  This started out with devs saying it could only be mined using a built-in cpu miner with a confusing script that would launch multiple daemons.  I'm sure their plan all along was to mine with their GPUs while the idiots wasted cpu cycles.  They waxed poetic as to how different this coin was and how it was too advanced for pools or miners to implement.  Only when pools did actually implement it because its nothing more than a standard algo did they change their tune. Lets not forget that rewards started 2 days after the stated time.  If you ask me, this ranks as the 2nd worst start in recent times, ranking right after Bitcoin Gold.

I feel the dev's don't want people to mine this coin, it just seems like a scheme to unload sig bags. In order for this coin to be profitable to mine right now it's gonna need a market cap of like 100m+! But if that was the case than sig would have to be worth ~3k+ sats right now! How does any of this sound realistic?
nsummy

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:01:27 AM

I'm surprised by all the people complaining it's not profitable to mine. The coin was just launched, what did you expect? Looking at the network hash rate it's obvious that there are way too many people mining Straks and trying to get instantly rich. It doesn't work that way.  Over time the hash rate will go down and then mining will become profitable. But for now buying Sigt is the best way to get Straks. It's obvious Sigt is currently under valued: Sigt was at 1000 - 1200 sats before shit hit then fan.

Could not agree more, if anything it has given a broadcasted fair launch, mine, or buy Sigt, shit its even cheaper to buy sigt for Straks swap than rent power to mine from nicehash.

LOL coming from someone with -4 trust.  The fact that you can buy another coin for a swap cheaper than mining shows how unfair this coin is.  If its cheaper to buy another coin who is going to mine it?  If its not mined, how does the blockchain move?  A coin swap in this case literally serves no purpose other than to pad the wallet of bagholders.  Say what you want, but certainly the devs are holding a significant amount of SIGT.  And if they are not, they are complete fucking idiots, because this coin will never be more valuable than 4x the value of SIGT, which is essentially worthless.  Imagine what would happen to the value of the American dollar if the government announced that it would start exchanging $1 for 4 Venezuelan Bolivars.
nsummy

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:18:19 AM

I feel the dev's don't want people to mine this coin, it just seems like a scheme to unload sig bags. In order for this coin to be profitable to mine right now it's gonna need a market cap of like 100m+! But if that was the case than sig would have to be worth ~3k+ sats right now! How does any of this sound realistic?

Correct.  I will give credit to the devs though, this is a genius idea (scam) and we will probably see more coin launches like this.  They need this scam to survive just long enough to run up the price of SIGT (which isn't difficult considering how little its worth) so they can make their windfall.  Also, while looking at their chart comparing currencies, I noticed they left ZCoin and Smartcash off of the comparison.  Zcoin already uses the zerocoin protocol and is moving to masternodes.  Like I said though, credit to the devs. If you take a glance at this project it and read the chart, it looks like something revolutionary.  Then you read their shitty roadmap and see that it has nothing but the standard boilerplate of an android wallet and "marketplace"  Not to mention comparing apples to oranges with other coins.
fleer

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:28:36 AM

their shitty roadmap

atomic swaps right after atomic swap code is available for copy paste

●                                                           Z I X X                                                           ●
[     DISCORD     ]  [    TWITTER    ]  [ ANN THREAD ]  [   FACEBOOK   ]
|    Automated Shared MNs    |   80% Masternode Rewards   |    Highest "Locked %"    |
Chromexnet

Activity: 62

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:40:27 AM

Hashrate has nothing to do with this.  The reason its not profitable is because for some bizarre reason the devs are offering a coin swap with a completely unrelated shitcoin that trades for pennies.  This coin isn't even in the realm of covering electricity costs.   You could put in your info into whattomine, scroll to the very bottom, mine the coin in last place, sell it and buy sigt and you would make 100x more money.

FUDing hard, eh? Of course network has rate has everything to do with profitability. If Ethereum network hash rate was one tenth of what it is now, then Ethereum would be ten times more profitable to mine. Same applies for Straks.

Let's compare the numbers to Vertcoin since it uses the same algorithm, Lyra2V2. Vertcoin networks hash rate is around 2.5 TH/s. Straks peaked at 1 TH/s and now it's around 150 GH/s. Vertcoin block reward is 20 coins per minute while Straks has 10 coins per minute. One vertcoin costs around 50k sats at the moment. Doing the math, Straks should a have a value of 6000 sats to be on the same level as Vertcoin. However, Vertcoin is almost four years old while Straks is a few days old. What you're asking is completely unreasonable. Give the coin some time and it will flourish.
danspasiva

Activity: 417
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:43:30 AM

I'm surprised by all the people complaining it's not profitable to mine. The coin was just launched, what did you expect? Looking at the network hash rate it's obvious that there are way too many people mining Straks and trying to get instantly rich. It doesn't work that way.  Over time the hash rate will go down and then mining will become profitable. But for now buying Sigt is the best way to get Straks. It's obvious Sigt is currently under valued: Sigt was at 1000 - 1200 sats before shit hit then fan.

Hashrate has nothing to do with this.  The reason its not profitable is because for some bizarre reason the devs are offering a coin swap with a completely unrelated shitcoin that trades for pennies.  This coin isn't even in the realm of covering electricity costs.   You could put in your info into whattomine, scroll to the very bottom, mine the coin in last place, sell it and buy sigt and you would make 100x more money.

FUDing hard, eh? Of course network has rate has everything to do with profitability. If Ethereum network hash rate was one tenth of what it is now, then Ethereum would be ten times more profitable to mine. Same applies for Straks.

Let's compare the numbers to Vertcoin since it uses the same algorithm, Lyra2V2. Vertcoin networks hash rate is around 2.5 TH/s. Straks peaked at 1 TH/s and now it's around 150 GH/s. Vertcoin block reward is 20 coins per minute while Straks has 10 coins per minute. One vertcoin costs around 50k sats at the moment. Doing the math, Straks should a have a value of 6000 sats to be on the same level as Vertcoin. However, Vertcoin is almost four years old while Straks is a few days old. What you're asking is completely unreasonable. Give the coin some time and it will flourish.

That's a more reasonable approach than some of the other people posting here lol.  It's not so bad at 150 GH network hash as people are saying... The profitability should still be good considering it's not that unlikely to have a 6k valuation for Straks and match vertcoin profitability levels in mining.

That being said i was wondering why sigt was climbing in price and having found this, it all makes sense now lol
Chromexnet

Activity: 62

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:55:50 AM

Could not agree more, if anything it has given a broadcasted fair launch, mine, or buy Sigt, shit its even cheaper to buy sigt for Straks swap than rent power to mine from nicehash.

LOL coming from someone with -4 trust.  The fact that you can buy another coin for a swap cheaper than mining shows how unfair this coin is.  If its cheaper to buy another coin who is going to mine it?  If its not mined, how does the blockchain move?  A coin swap in this case literally serves no purpose other than to pad the wallet of bagholders.  Say what you want, but certainly the devs are holding a significant amount of SIGT.  And if they are not, they are complete fucking idiots, because this coin will never be more valuable than 4x the value of SIGT, which is essentially worthless.  Imagine what would happen to the value of the American dollar if the government announced that it would start exchanging $1 for 4 Venezuelan Bolivars.

The block chain moves just fine even with just few miners, it really doesn't need 1 TH/s thrown at it. But the high network hash rate proves there's plenty of support for Straks.

Btw, the details of the swap were communicated openly right from the start. If you don't like it then move on. No need to FUD here. Comparing Sigt's current value to Straks is pointless. There are reasons why Sigt is so under valued at the moment. The proper value for Sigt would be much higher if the project had not failed. Anyway, the low value of Sigt gives you the opportunity to get Straks with a huge discount now. If you don't like it then don't buy.

Saying things like "this coin will never be more valuable than 4x the value of SIGT" is comical. It's like saying Bitcoin will never have a value of $1 in 2010. Of course the value will go higher as the project moves on. Give the coin some time to grow. The devs are doing a great job and so far have exceeded all expectations.
STRAKS (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 01:57:03 AM

This was a simple statement of facts, but it appears you have a certain narrative that you are content on aligning your re-wording towards. There are 1250 coins on the market today, if for some reason STRAKS is not a currency that you would like to be a part of, I am certain that there are other currencies out there that will resonate with you. Nobody is forced to trade nor direct mining power towards STRAKS if they do not want to. At no point did we "change our tune" as you state, it is simply just a fact that the protocol is newer than what there currently is on the market.

The protocol is too new for mining pools to be able to easily implement it without any updates implemented to pools. Our hopes were that CPU mining would have lasted longer, so that even the hobby miner would have had a chance to get on board (the farms today can make it difficult for the small hobby miner to get on board) but while monitoring hashrates it became evident that someone had managed to crack it a day before launch. All credit goes to Decker from Deckerpool (https://t.me/deckerpool) who managed to update yiimp to the new protocol. After we managed to locate him, we approached him and agreed to pay him a bounty in exchange for making the code open source to the public (https://github.com/DeckerSU/yiimp/tree/straks), so that pools could be set up, miners would have a leveled playing-field and lastly so that the hashing power could be decentralised across multiple pools. If we were, as you state, holding onto a GPU miner ourselves, I am not exactly sure why we would go to the effort to pay someone for their source code for GPU mining? I addressed this very concern several pages ago too (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2433318.msg24952030#msg24952030).

A core value to STRAKS is transparency. Under no circumstance will we ever compromise on that value. We know the cryptocurrency market is crowded with nefarious individuals, we seek to shake that up by doing our part to create an ethical corner in this crowded space of nefarious individuals.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: