Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:18:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: best movie you have ever seen in your life  (Read 4707 times)
RichardChanze (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:37:40 PM

Its probably the movie that has had most effect on people, and hollywood still can sell these movies over and over on what ever new format comes out, lol.

But star wars 4-6 really was just 1 movie.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:43:42 PM

The Godfather, scarface.

I love them <3
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 06:41:13 PM

Broken Arrow, the original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Io8s55o6w

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 06:44:13 PM

Club 59's "Girl Crush"

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 06:51:25 PM

Harry Potter 2

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
BitSmile

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 07:07:07 PM

I don't remember most movies I saw in my life, but I remember some of them were really good...I remember Fear and Loathing and Las Vegas, Pink Floyd's The Wall, and recently I watched a nice movie by Tim Burton, "the big fish", and it was good.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 09:32:24 PM

I think the only one that's really stuck with me so far is District 9, some of the others were good and enjoyable but they all suffered from that over the top bullshit that most movies do.
raze

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:53:09 PM

Probably Sneakers. Gotta love the good old hacker movies Tongue

BTC --16FPbgyUZdTm1voAfi26VZ3RH7apTFGaPm
LTC -- Lhd3gmj84BWqx7kQgqUA7gyoogsLeJbCXb
PPC -- PRpKGjgjNLFv8eR7VVv7jBaP8aexDFqk4C
FirstAscent

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:24:02 PM

Define best:

1. Upon the film's first viewing, it trumped all other first viewings.

2. The film holds up to repeated viewings with undiminished pleasure more so than other films.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:26:22 PM

I don't know if it is the best movie, but one of my favorites is "Black Hawk Down"

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
FirstAscent

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:55:32 AM

I can't actually name a favorite movie. Can anyone here truthfully do that?

I can name movies I truly enjoy, or movies I think everyone should watch at least once. But I can't actually name a favorite movie.
raze

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:00:05 AM

I can name movies I truly enjoy, or movies I think everyone should watch at least once. But I can't actually name a favorite movie.

I had this dilemma. Whenever someone asks a question like this, I generally just go with the first one that pops into my head but that's not very reliable.

FirstAscent

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:09:19 AM

I had this dilemma. Whenever someone asks a question like this, I generally just go with the first one that pops into my head but that's not very reliable.

Imagine that you're going to a desert island for the next five years, which has all the food you can eat, and a nice home theater with no satellite services, cable, etc. Just a Blu-ray player. Now, you can take 10 movies with you. I think such a question gets to the heart of the matter. What movies would you bring? In the end, it boils down to those movies which give you undiminished pleasure in watching over and over. Take a stab at.
raze

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:20:27 AM

Imagine that you're going to a desert island for the next five years, which has all the food you can eat, and a nice home theater with no satellite services, cable, etc. Just a Blu-ray player. Now, you can take 10 movies with you. I think such a question gets to the heart of the matter. What movies would you bring? In the end, it boils down to those movies which give you undiminished pleasure in watching over and over. Take a stab at.

I'd probably just take Cast Away and think about how hilarious I am for 5 years.

dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:23:15 AM

Donnie Darko
Requiem for a Dream
Jacob's Ladder
FirstAscent

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:27:19 AM

Equinox Flower
Yi Yi
When a Woman Ascends the Stairs
Late Autumn
Early Summer
Floating Weeds
FirstAscent

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:23:03 AM

To expound on the idea of what constitutes a 'favorite' film, I believe it has to be a desert island film. No way around it. You have to be able to watch it over and over again with undiminished pleasure. Just talking about them makes me want to watch them now.

Some clips from true desert island films:

2046: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1uTz_Ufr3sk#t=2333s

Equinox Flower: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wI6LfigwYA

Floating Weeds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPjHBhWm4MU

FirstAscent

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:39:08 PM

2001: A Space Odyssey

Good choice, with caveats. Let's consider your choice.

It came in at #2 on the most recent Sight & Sound directors poll, which polls for the greatest films ever made. It will remain there for at least ten years, because the poll only occurs every ten years. See the poll results here: http://www.bfi.org.uk/news/sight-sound-2012-directors-top-ten . Note that it lost out to a film called Tokyo Story, directed by Yasujiro Ozu. In a prior post in this thread, I mentioned four Ozu films. Ozu is indeed one of my favorite directors, and he is also a favorite among a huge number of avid film watchers.

Now, specifically regarding 2001: A Space Odyssey, we have a film which seems to be unrivaled in addressing man's place in the Universe. No other film comes close. Period.

It's important, however, to watch the film properly. It should be watched in its original aspect ratio (not a cropped fullscreen DVD), and it should preferably be watched either in a theater, in a home theater, or on a decent flat panel, where the source is preferably the recent Blu-ray. Furthermore, by properly watching it, that means no interruptions, the volume boosted, and you giving it your rapt attention.

One caveat though: it is indeed worth watching several times, and revisiting it every now and then, but is it a desert island film? I'm not sure, due to its lack of warmth and emotion.

Additional note: on the Sight & Sound Critics poll, (not the directors poll), it came in at #6. Ozu's Tokyo Story came in at #3. See here: http://explore.bfi.org.uk/sightandsoundpolls/2012/critics/
AliceWonder

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:51:47 PM

Probably Sneakers. Gotta love the good old hacker movies Tongue

Yes - Sneakers is at the top of the list.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 05:00:29 PM

Art Bell's favorite, of which I concur.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: