Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:12:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin loses all its value what will happen to altcoins ?  (Read 1312 times)
Donaldturp

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:12:11 PM

Do you think altcoins can survive without bitcoin leading the way ?
will the bitcoiners that lose faith go into altcoins or will they
just cash out and take profits ?

I personally see this altcoin growth going hand in hand with the growth of bitcoin
even though some of the altcoins already offer some exciting new possibilities

Altcoins are all linked to bitcoin, so without bitcoin nothing could stay stable in the market and they would die probably. Altcoins don't have their freedom. They're high dependent on the bitcoin.
iwill100

Activity: 223
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:12:41 PM

think that the word is like the bitcoin and we are the living creatures as alts, so tell me what happen to us(living creatures. ie alts) if the world destroyed??? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Cheesy
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:19:02 PM

I personally see this altcoin growth going hand in hand with the growth of bitcoin

Bitcoin will reach at least 1 million in few years so I don't think we have anything to worry about. Altcoins will continue to expand with time. Everyone is learning to embrace blockchain technology and bitcoin, they can't fight it. people have spoken. You'll continue to see people come and call it scam or ponzi scheme as price expands. I will be laughing along with other bitcoin supporters.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:40:48 PM

I think altcoins would also take a massive hit if that happens. Altcoin value is I think correlated to bitcoin's value, being that it is the main crypto around in the market. However, on a positive side, I don't think that there is a high chance for that to happen because the marketability and potential of cryptos are really of the charts.

Turkiwi

Activity: 117

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:03:08 PM

It's not possible in my opinion that BTC will completely lose its entire value, it's here to stay and has proved already that it has great potential. Altcoins have to thank Bitcoin for showing the way, and lately we are seeing BTC and other altcoins moving along (before it was usually contrasting, when BTC was going up ETH was going down and vice versa) but the more dominance BTC has over the market the more it affects its entire performance. So when we'll see BTC gaining back a market dominance of about 60% then we'll see the market reacting more to how it's performing. Unfotunately if Bitcoin will fail, which won't happen, it will take the rest of the coins with it, but eventually people will realize that it doesn't make sense to follow bitcoin, as each technology is different, and the market will again adjust.
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:15:01 PM

I don't think that the fall of bitcoin could affect the values of altcoins.

BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:24:31 PM

Bitcoin certainly has a huge influence on other digital currencies. we all know that currently Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrencies, you can see how market share is owned by Bitcoin. so if Bitcoin fails and destruction then this will all affect all Altcoin.

Perhaps a revolution is necessary and cryptocurrencies must be built from scratch again if this happens, public confidence in cryptocurrencies begins with their belief in Bitcoin. So Bitcoin plays a very important role and it's all like having an inseparable relationship. Altcoin is part of Bitcoin and we will feel the impact when something happens to Bitcoin.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:37:23 PM

I have observed this past few months that most of the altcoins are inversely proportional with Bitcoin. If bitcoin value is rising, mist ofthe altcoin price are dropping and vice versa. If Bitcoin loses its value, I think there are still lots of altcoins that will remain in the market and probably might reolace Bitcoin. Some altcoins are unique and have characteristics in which Bitcoin doesn't have. And their developers wouldn't let their effort just go to waste. They will try to find a way to make their coin become a success.
AgatioX

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:42:06 PM

I don't see any hand in hand growing.
If it would be like that - the price in Sat's wouldnt decrease with the Bitcoin's growth.

We have all alts paired to BTC,but they dont grow together.If BTC becomes more expensive - alts don't.
Because they are invisibly paired with a damn fiat called dollar.

This wierd part of cryptoworld must change in future or pairing to bitcoin on exchangers is pointless.
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:39:47 PM

First of all, in the nearest future Bitcoin will never lose all of its value. Too many people believe in this crypto and the amount of its capitalization is stunning. Meanwhile, even if it loses a half of its price nowadays, it will not affect much altcoins. Probably, the most stable of them will grow a bit.
Tone147

Activity: 221

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:28:15 AM

However, it seems hard to die bitcoin at the moment, even though bitcoin is still up under the crazy crackdown by China in September, but a large part of the copycatcoin may soon return to zero.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:19:04 PM

First of all, it is not possible at all. Secondly, even if it loses the most part of its value, altcoins will not cost much more than they cost now. Suppose ETH will grow fast then. NEO and DASH as well. IMHO
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:15:16 PM

If something happens with bitcomun, for example, for some technical reasons, it's okay, I do not think it will happen. We already have a lot of his clones, which keep the entire history of transactions bitcoin and practically have everything to replace it. Altoquines can very well exist without bitkoyna, because they, as a rule, have their own tasks and functions. It's hard to say who in this situation will take the lead. Maybe it will be an etherium or bitcoin in cash, this is in principle not so essential.

ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:23:00 PM

I don't think it will happen. But if it happens, the effect on altcoins depends on why Bitcoin loses it's value. For example if Bitcoin is banned by all the governments, I think all the cryptocurrencies will fall, But if Bitcoin falls because of some problems in its network, other cryptocurrencies will rise in price very much.
CaptainKid

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:32:17 PM

I wonder how much time the author took to create this topic?)
It seems to me that this is so abstract that you should not even discuss it, especially in fact and according to all forecasts, bitcoin is growing!
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:36:14 PM

Well bitcoins has a really large impact on cryptocurrency's market so if by any chance bitcoins losses all it's value(which is most probably impossible) altcoins will rise like anything, top 10 altcoins will increase by very high percentages and most likely ethereum will take place of bitcoins.Relationship between bitcoins has always been inversely proportional when one rise other fall.
Aegean Skipper

Activity: 378
Merit: 126

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:41:32 PM

The main question should have a different cryptocurrency name than the bitcoin.

So the rephrase should have been,
If ETHEREUM loses all its value what will happen to altcoins ?

The mass of altcoins basement is ETH and in particularly the blockchain of ETHEREUM
So if something happens to ETH... go night night everything
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:53:10 PM

I dont think that they are related, theory. However, because of the panic, if Bitcoin loses all its value, people also panic sell all your altcoin.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:57:47 PM

I have always thought that the eventual decline of bitcoin could occur naturally and gradually, once the altcoin market is mature enough to be guided by the technical aspects of each crypto instead of its fame and popularity.

If this fall is given in a gradual way, it would not mean a trauma for the other altcoins, but in the event of a tragic event that would lead to the sudden crash of bitcoin, perhaps there would be momentary repercussions but gradually the altcoin market would recover given its undoubted utility.
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:07:13 PM

People would shift to altcoins and the price of other altcoins would increase when bitcoin price goes down. Its the most sane move to do rather than cashing out in fiat.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: