Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:29:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin loses all its value what will happen to altcoins ?  (Read 1307 times)
ZainSpider

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:28:10 PM

Every one will die as well. Bitcoin is the father of all altcoins and this industry. It will kill all the crypto industry.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jedzkie050617

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:10:06 AM

Well,for me that would be the untold great opportunity for the altcoins. But this kind of chance for the altcoins to reign the supremacy is not for all of it since there are altcoins that are dependent on the power of bitcoin. But for those altcoin that can survive outside the influence of bitcoin will take the chance as fast as they can to take the chance of supremacy over all.

I agree to your idea mate, some altcoins will depend on the value of bitcoin because as far as I know most altcoins relying the value of bitcoin. I would say if it might happened, the supports of users and investors doesn't exist anymore and I didn't think it may happend because as of this moment many investors and users relying on bitcoin as they can have a profit for their investment. Now, bitcoin's value getting high as a dominant crypto currency in the cyberworld but some chances that might be fall and I believed it can overcome all of it for just short period of time as already proven on the previous years.
vickycoin05

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:30:35 PM

To be honest, I'm just shocked by the quality of bitcoin transactions-now transactions are very expensive and they are processed very long. But Bitcoin is the foundation of the crypto-currency world, so it will continue to grow. Capitalization is growing, more and more new people are learning about the cryptocurrency and this leads to the growth of both bitcoin and altcoins. It pleases me. Cool

As the time passes by, the value of bitcoin grows rapidly for just short period of time gaining more users and investors which also cause an expensive transaction fee. Also, the altcoins having many ICO having many tokens which already listed in the market and they do the best as they can to be a good competitor from others. Thus, bictcoin grows rapidly because of many altcoins which relying on many projects and the users and investors hoping for the success on their suppoted ICO projects.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:35:47 PM

At the moment, altcoyins are very dependent on bitcoin and their price directly depends on the price of bitcoin. But in the future I believe that some altcoyins will free themselves from this dependence and will be able to live their lives, not depending on bitcoin.

It is not exactly as you told,good alts are rising even to btc whan btc price rise,look today bittrex,whan btc dip many alts dip afer whales are looking for good alts and thay are pumping those alts

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Lagniappe

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:29:47 PM

I don't believe any nation will ban a top cryptocurrency for very long. Whatever the amount of time it takes to get a bribe in there. I'd imagine a ruling would be done after people involved with said coin had a chance to bribe said individual, and this is why we don't hear about many bannings. The politicians you hear badmouting certain coins could just be looking for a handout themselves.

Seems like business is done this way in many industries.
GuiDonK

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:05:41 AM

Altcoins can survive without bitcoin.
Bitcoin is the first and have a big history in Cryptocurrencies, but I think DASH, ADA, XRP and XVG can compete Bitcoin in future.

Bitcoin transactions has become very slower and have more fees, the future is an altcoin.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:11:58 AM

Altcoins can survive without bitcoin.
Bitcoin is the first and have a big history in Cryptocurrencies, but I think DASH, ADA, XRP and XVG can compete Bitcoin in future.

Bitcoin transactions has become very slower and have more fees, the future is an altcoin.

100% surely mate it can survive not all altcoin are depend on bitcoin theres a lot of altcoin have a high potential to market because of it real project and product.
Bitcoin now a day became slower and slower theres also a lot of unconfirm transaction I believe if bitcoin loses a value theres a altcoin be rise and replace bitcoin in the future.

mysacrifice

Activity: 364
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:16:38 AM

Well,for me that would be the untold great opportunity for the altcoins. But this kind of chance for the altcoins to reign the supremacy is not for all of it since there are altcoins that are dependent on the power of bitcoin. But for those altcoin that can survive outside the influence of bitcoin will take the chance as fast as they can to take the chance of supremacy over all.

I agree to your idea mate, some altcoins will depend on the value of bitcoin because as far as I know most altcoins relying the value of bitcoin. I would say if it might happened, the supports of users and investors doesn't exist anymore and I didn't think it may happend because as of this moment many investors and users relying on bitcoin as they can have a profit for their investment. Now, bitcoin's value getting high as a dominant crypto currency in the cyberworld but some chances that might be fall and I believed it can overcome all of it for just short period of time as already proven on the previous years.

There is strange correlation between bitcoin and alt coins. when bitcoin goes up if the alt coin is successful then alt coin also goes up, if not then it goes down. But when btc is going down, then all the alt coins are doing the same. So if bitcoin loses its value then all the crypto currency market lose.
dvsrydin

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:19:06 AM

I have most 90% of my stack in Alts.  Probably should do more of a balance.  But I believe that the product space lies within Alts; Bitcoin is the store of value, sure, but in terms of value, utility, it's with the alts, and where my investment will remain.
kumara

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:27:52 AM

Do you think altcoins can survive without bitcoin leading the way ?
will the bitcoiners that lose faith go into altcoins or will they
just cash out and take profits ?

I personally see this altcoin growth going hand in hand with the growth of bitcoin
even though some of the altcoins already offer some exciting new possibilities

If Bitcoin were to die tomorrow there would still be alt coins. The market pressure would just finally be allocated to some other(s).
Trumle

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:52:47 AM

No, Alcoin will win Bitcoin in future no far.
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 05:19:18 AM

I think Bitcoin will move out of the way sooner or later. It is not a long term survivor; especially with crazy transaction times and fees and the gigantic amount of electricity it consumes. The main reasons that make people hold onto it is, it's scarcity and that Bitcoin acts as a gateway between crypto and non-crypto world. In most countries Bitcoin is the only crypto which you can buy with fiat and cashout in fiat. Therefore without Bitcoin, you will see a big impact on the crypto world. But if other cryptos can step up and take that gateway role of Bitcoin, then not much issues. Like in some countries ETH is used as a fiat converter. So overall, I think with Bitcoin gone, cryptos will surely suffer, but only for a  short amount of time. After that things will become normal or even better for coins like ETH!!

svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:25:26 AM

When bitcoin becomes cheaper the entire crypto market falls. Investors are very careful and sell the crypto currency for dollars. This happens almost always. But now it seems that BTC correction is the cause of alts growing.

macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:12:52 PM

I don't think people can accept the concept of bitcoin being totally phased out just yet. I believe that as bitcoin decreases little by little, the group of investors around it will grow even more making it more valuable. Bitcoin has already established a good reputation in the market making it difficult for its loyal investors to divert. As an effect to bitcoin's decrease in price, altcoins will decrease also because more investors will invest in bitcoin. The relationship between bitcoin and altcoin is directly proportional, I think. Altcoins will follow whatever path bitcoin takes.

calandra78
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:15:14 PM

If the bitcoin lost all value then I think altcoin will not survive even die because of the growth of the bitcoin it goes hand in hand with the growth of altcoin. so it will not be possible altcoin could walk if there isn't a team in the lead or no one walking in front of altcoin. because in the crypto bitcoin is the main thing and more like crypto only follow the development of the bitcoin.

Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:51:24 PM

If bitcoin loses its value, then altcoins also lose their value. You can see it at the last drops. Cryptocurrency prices depend on each other. Bitcoin sets the direction that the rest of the currencies follow.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
GiorgosK (OP)

Activity: 478
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 08:31:52 AM

Bitcoin dominance is going down since March 2017
https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#dominance-percentage
currently is at 33% but other alternative currencies gaining ground
so I think even without BTC (or a big BTC crash) cryptos will survive

BitBay - The Future of Free Markets  |  BCT thread  |  https://bitbay.market
Dynamic Peg  - Whitepaper out  -  Working implementation to be released soon
Web Markeplace coming Fall 2018
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:56:23 AM

If bitcoin dies completely we can almost be certain about the faith of the rest of crypto currency. If bitcoin fails to live, other crypto currency will follow and die the same way. This is just when bitcoin becomes totally valueless. But if the faith on crypto currency remains strong, even if the value of bitcoin may falls, other currency which offer better functions might have higher value and still live.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Oumal

Activity: 542
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:08:39 AM

I think that you are in vain worrying about Bitcoin and its prices.
Capitalization of all crypto-currencies is not very high, and not all forcs will survive. And when most of the violas are out of the game, guess what will they buy?
Xetonica

Activity: 706
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:22:05 AM

If bitcoin losses and their value most bitcoin holder will be sad but most some other altcoin have a chance to high their value in crypto currency cause some of bitcoin holder will change it to altcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: