Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:50:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Sphere - Decentralized Social Networking >200,000 users  (Read 46899 times)
Yasemin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:42:12 PM

how they will use tokens here? What liquidity of tokens?
Apparently their tokens will not have use directly connection to the network, although that would be genius, their valorization will be given independently to the activities, if I am not mistaken. The concept of the project is good, and although there are others already active, Sphere already has a certain reputation and many sympathizers, which will do well to ICO

If this is true, than how will the tokens keep their value after ICO? There has got to be incentive to keep or buy the tokens?

I still wait for an official statement from Time on the channels, but that's just my impression, because I do not think anything documented that cites such a relationship with the tokens. Some projects only work with the dividend incentives and this would be good

I didnt know Sphere is working with dividends. That makes sense though and also giving a lot of value to their token

Sphere don't pay dividends afaik, at least I haven't read anything in their whitepaper about it.

I found this info, so it seems you can both use the token in the platform and you can earn dividends by holding

There are several benefits you can get from owning SAT tokens. These are as follows:

You Can Use Them For Social Interactions
That’s because it is the SAT token that the Sphere decentralized system uses to facilitate transactions.

The Token Is ERC20 Compliant
This means that you can use these tokens to earn dividends as Sphere grows in value.

safariwave

Activity: 391
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:49:59 PM

Apparently their tokens will not have use directly connection to the network, although that would be genius, their valorization will be given independently to the activities, if I am not mistaken. The concept of the project is good, and although there are others already active, Sphere already has a certain reputation and many sympathizers, which will do well to ICO

If this is true, than how will the tokens keep their value after ICO? There has got to be incentive to keep or buy the tokens?

I still wait for an official statement from Time on the channels, but that's just my impression, because I do not think anything documented that cites such a relationship with the tokens. Some projects only work with the dividend incentives and this would be good

I think the best will be incentivizing the user activity and participation. Maybe token will also be used for paid services; or maybe to avoid extra ads (Facebook just announced 6 seconds video ads starting next year)?
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:08:23 PM

a use has to be found for the tokens, otherwise they're worthless. having to use them on the platform is better than dividens IMO, due to increased regulation.

Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 05:27:29 PM

I think the best will be incentivizing the user activity and participation. Maybe token will also be used for paid services; or maybe to avoid extra ads (Facebook just announced 6 seconds video ads starting next year)?

I figure to buy visibility in the platform, would be an obviously use case for them and make them acquire value
PS92

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:07:16 PM

Hi Devs, I like the fact that the app is only 4+mb in Android platform. I am sure there'll be more work put in to the platform. Right now, I am impressed with the load speed while not to impressed with the interface.

UI is something that can be fixed later. Maybe even hire some external UX guys. The underlying tech is way more important.
It might be fixed later but that could be done before presenting aplication in ann thread

I like Social networking on blockchain idea because that will lower cenzorship levels sadly there isnt good social networks projects for now ,maybe this will change this Cheesy i will try to follow progress

I do know of Akasha, and am really interested how this differs from Sphere. Don't believe I've seen any answer from the dev team yet though.

Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:13:20 PM

The token represent a share of the project. Its not a mandatory for sphere to has a use case for the token. I think the value will come from the value and the utility of the platform.
BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 06:45:32 PM

As I understand them coins will be used to buy ad space, purchase the domestic add-ons, etc. the value of the coin will depend on its popularity!

ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:49:59 PM

The token represent a share of the project. Its not a mandatory for sphere to has a use case for the token. I think the value will come from the value and the utility of the platform.
Well, I think this platform will be useful and can be good alternative for facebook. So token price will grow steadily with time!
hanshammer

Activity: 280
Merit: 22

The Future of Sports is Fan Controlled

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:32:19 PM

Well, I think this platform will be useful and can be good alternative for facebook. So token price will grow steadily with time!
I really hope so. Facebook bans a lot of content in my country Germany because it doesn't fit in the political agenda. In my opinion, censorship is in every way a crime.

ParRus

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:43:08 PM

I really hope so. Facebook bans a lot of content in my country Germany because it doesn't fit in the political agenda. In my opinion, censorship is in every way a crime.
I agree, it would be fair that would be freedom of choice for everyone. Especially in a democratic country, where politicians constantly talk about these values.
CryptoCutie

Activity: 238
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:55:00 PM

i hope so, i hate facebook there have to many infos of the persons and to many privat protections for the user. Better a platform how Sphere Wink
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:43:16 PM

As I understand them coins will be used to buy ad space, purchase the domestic add-ons, etc. the value of the coin will depend on its popularity!

There also will be a marketspace, so I assume you will be able to pay stuff with tokens also. Would be good.

greatteager

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:53:30 PM

i hope so, i hate facebook there have to many infos of the persons and to many privat protections for the user. Better a platform how Sphere Wink
Facebook will soon go to the background, because the beginning of the era of blockchain.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:05:13 PM

i think it would be really bad if the tokens have a near nothing usage after the ico and start of the plattform?
greatteager

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:08:10 PM

i think it would be really bad if the tokens have a near nothing usage after the ico and start of the plattform?
Naturally, tokens should give privileges to platform users.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:11:06 PM

But they will be used. You will be able to monetize your own activity on the platform, then you can use it in marketspace and advertising platform. There will be enough ways to use it, no worries about it.

CryptoCutie

Activity: 238
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:13:40 PM

the tokens will they will be used, yes. i dont know for what but they will be used Smiley Also it is your invest and you can have it the wallet.
greatteager

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:15:25 PM

the tokens will they will be used, yes. i dont know for what but they will be used Smiley Also it is your invest and you can have it the wallet.
It is interesting to hear the answer from the devs about coins.
hicaribou

Activity: 815
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:20:54 PM

This will be very hard for sphere to compete if they want to be known globally by people, there are many big competitors.
But >200,000 users is a good start, hopefully it will grow significantly.
ParRus

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:33:02 PM

This will be very hard for sphere to compete if they want to be known globally by people, there are many big competitors.
But >200,000 users is a good start, hopefully it will grow significantly.
Blockchain technology is becoming more popular,
I think next year will be the year when most people in advanced cities adapt and will use the products of this technology.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: