Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:04:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I Be Scared Of Hackers If I Have Lot of BTC.  (Read 4107 times)
awawo

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:23:23 AM

The number one mistake people make is they inability to hold and protect they wallet private key which is the wallet seed, you can imagine people saving they key on they smart phone. So to be safe and secured is to be secret about you wallet seed and password as much as possible.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Theta Labs
Copper Member

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:24:08 AM

Use a hardware wallet and place it in cold storage. Focus on what you can do BEFORE you get hacked! If someone has your private keys already there is a 99.9% chance you will never see that BTC again. 
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:35:08 AM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?
Can i ask what kind of wallet you are using to store a large amount of bitcoin for you to be scared? Online wallets? Exchange? Coinbase? etc. The basic hacking 101 for them to steal your digital expensive coins is that it is stored on a hot wallet that means it is exposed everyday in the Internet added the drooling amount of the btc that is being exposed online.

If you are using hot wallet and preferred to hold it for a long time please don't hesitate to move your btc to a cold storage, that would make you ease from hacking problems just don't forget the backups that is not exposed to the Internet. If you are using an offline wallet and your backups is safe. remove your fear from being hacked just make it sure you know the basics on securing and protecting your coins.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:37:23 AM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

You don't have many options. You could ask law enforcement to help you, but unless you know exactly who stole your coins and how they stole them, it's unlikely they can do anything. You can also pay for block chain analysis services, but all they can really do is track your coins if the hacker knows what they're doing.

That being said, the best thing you can do is to not get hacked. One of the best ways to accomplish this is to stay away from web wallets, as they're incredibly vulnerable to phishing. Next, don't visit shady sites and don't indiscriminately click on ads because that's a good way to get a virus. Lastly, protect your online identity with a paid VPN service and use Tor. There are lots more actions you can take, but these are the most basic steps. You shouldn't encounter too many problems if you stick to doing these.

daweiwuli

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:43:44 AM

You want to protect your private key. Make sure no one knows your private key. I suggest you do not put all the bitcoin in the same wallet. You can put bitcoin in multiple wallets. Smiley

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Sadnu

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:44:23 AM

Of course you are afraid. The internet world is not safe. So we have to keep in mind every step we do when downloading software and other ways to get in and collect all the information that can be the reason for your bitcoins to be stolen.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:46:06 AM

The hackers can't hake your bitcoins in the transaction,the only possibility is they can steal your bitcoins by hacking into your wallets,so you need to have good and secured wallet if you have lot of bitcoins,it is better to store in software wallet who is giving you the private key or the hardware wallets.Never tell your private key to anyone store your private key in a secured place because the people have the private key will have full access to your wallets.
Cpousersonu

Activity: 64

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 07:51:46 AM

there is nothing you can do if your account has been hacked.
it's better to secure your account with double protection like using 2FA features if available and saving your seed key on a piece of paper or something and avoid storing seed key on your computer/smartphone that's very risky.

I think you don't need to worry about your security in BTC if you put your BTC in blockchain don't need to worry about a security issues if you put your BTC another platform there is a many platform to put your BTC...
Go with any secure platform are popular platform.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:57:09 AM

what news is that? and why can't I find anything about it?
there is always someone who is not careful and gets hacked, but there is nothing new about it or anything increased about these kind of hacking.

there is nothing you can do except preventing it from happening. and it is so simple that you are going to be surprised how with some simple steps you can achieve such a high security level.

- for the lazy and non tech savvy: buy a hardware wallet. ... the end
- for the non lazy, look into what cold storage means. it is not hard to make a secure paper wallet, or even more complicated system with an online/offline computer to broadcast/sign transactions. here is a link to get you started https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Cold_storage

Only Bitcoin
SummonKing2

Activity: 210
Merit: 128

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:58:49 AM

You can be frightened because the hackers will definitely make the way to steal your Bitcoins. It's best to look at the website you're going to know and know it's not a phishing site. You'll see it right on the side. It should be MYETHERWALLET LLC [US] - look at my screenshots. Please be careful because we worked hard for our money and did not let it be hacked by hackers

Abebittalk23

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:03:08 AM

You can never truly stop hackers because they evolve and adapt to meet new challenges on a daily basis. There are certain percautionary measures like using a two factor authentication on a reliable wallet such as coin base that can help lower risk. But consider that hackers can steal your identity and social sercurity number there is no true protect for traditional banking let alone bitcoin wallets.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 650

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:04:04 AM

You wont be be scared if you do set the best security practices on where you would store up those large amounts of btc and i would really suggest to use hardware or offline wallet which you would store up those coins together with its keys and keep it for long term and dont forget on where you do keep that offline wallet.As long you are not disclosing your privatekeys to someone being hacked would really be a tough job for hackers because no one could able to bruteforce a certain wallet if keys is unknown by them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
timikulit

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:14:53 AM

You dont have to worry, just store your btc in a cold wallet or in a trezor and you will be safe

Just dont forget your passphrases or pin because if you forget that your bitcoin will be gone forever.

soham

Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:39:43 AM

Obviously yes! You must take sufficient precautions if you have significant number of bitcoins in your holding. Hackers can attack anyone if they come to know a particular address holds a decent amount of bitcoins. So there are few steps you should follow,

1. Never keep all bitcoins in a single wallet. Always diversify. Use a mix of hardware wallet, Offline or online wallets, cold storage wallet to hold your bitcoins.
2. If you are earning bitcoins from various methods like signature campaigns or trading activities or Gambling, never use the same wallet address in all places. Never let your earnings go to a single place.
3. Never publicly display your main wallet address to anyone and never use it in any other purpose.
4. Always use a licensed version of operating system and Internet Security package. Keep both up to date.
5. Never trust anyone in the online market.

These are 5 basic steps that I follow in order to keep my bitcoins safe. Hope this helps!

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
DySWv

Activity: 164

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 11:26:46 AM

Of course you should be scared. Wallets containing Bitcoin is so prone to hacking because they only exist in digital world. You can see the address of transaction in blockchain but you cannot track the one who did the hacking. Therefore, once you got hacked there is nothing you can do.

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 11:45:38 AM

You can be frightened because the hackers will definitely make the way to steal your Bitcoins. It's best to look at the website you're going to know and know it's not a phishing site. You'll see it right on the side. It should be MYETHERWALLET LLC [US] - look at my screenshots. Please be careful because we worked hard for our money and did not let it be hacked by hackers

While it's always a good idea to check if the website in question has HTTPS, it's not a complete safeguard from getting phished.
Certificates can be forged, hackers can trick you into thinking that you're on the correct website, though usually you can notice pretty easily if you're not on the correct website.

That said, I wouldn't use an online wallet to store any significant amounts of Bitcoins.

Jannatul Shefa

Activity: 312
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:47:20 AM

I don't think you should scared of hackers if you have a lof of BTC.Because if you have best security,  best privacy protection you shouldn't scared at all.You should be confident about your BTC.

Shamie1002

Merit: 102

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:54:09 AM

Honestly I do get scared too you know. Knowing that I store my coins in an online wallet for a short time.
But also I agree to everyone here saying that in order to keep your coins safe, use an offline wallet or a hardwallet. Or use those that have private keys.
Unless you forgot your keys or you have shared it to others. Surely, your coins have high possibility of being at risk to hackers if that is your concern. Or in other instances, you trust a stranger with your coins as investment without any background checks or security of a return.
Agostosmori

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:54:58 AM

There is a lot of safety precautions that you can do for you to protect your bitcoin, first avoid visiting website that are untrusted or that usually offers big earnings from nothing. You can also try to use a physical wallet to keep your coins and atleast protect it from phishing website and other malware that can get your wallet credentials.
East2011

Activity: 454

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:28:04 PM

Yes because they can get all your money from your wallet. So you should protect your wallet by all means. And don't trust anyone. And don't click any links that are sent to you.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: