Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:26:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I Be Scared Of Hackers If I Have Lot of BTC.  (Read 4108 times)
bakerlisa510 (OP)

Activity: 183
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:26:12 AM

The only thing you can do if you are in that situation is cry. Cry and hope you have other money saved in the bank to live on.
[/quote]
You are not helping here.

Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:44:24 AM

Yes you have too. Its better to transfer coins to offline wallet or create paper wallet. Because keeping in any of the exchange is not safe.
If it does have a lot of worry Btc or it must exist and the fear in the presence of a hacker, but it all depends on the person must be smart to manage it. if personally I am better to hold and be tabled for the future and if in doubt some of it, because the hackers will try in any way to have what they want to have what is related to the coin or Btc of high value because no one is not maybe for him .. and can also make a very secure security with account or technological tools in use, I hope there is no hacker for Btc if indeed there will be many people who in disadvantage ..
bakerlisa510 (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:45:41 AM

The number one mistake people make is they inability to hold and protect they wallet private key which is the wallet seed, you can imagine people saving they key on they smart phone. So to be safe and secured is to be secret about you wallet seed and password as much as possible.
But how can anyone crack the codes if it is saved in the phone.?
anon007

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:47:06 AM

I think you should if it is not defended properly. I for example use different currencies in different wallets to minimize the risk.
SilverChromia

Activity: 357
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:50:04 AM

No you dont have to be scared of anything unless you are not doing wrong or bad. or you do have much knowledge about your doing and if you know how to avoid losing your coins so theres no reason to be scared of something. All you can do is to focus keeping your coins in your good hands and use it on good purpose and if you have that a lot of coins theres no reason that you must try to enter a site that you doesnt know too much because maybe that will lead to losing your coins. you can lose your coins only if you are careless and attempting to access scam sites or untrusted sites of bitcoins.

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     Pre-sale: December 2018
██ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
Krillin61

Activity: 314
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:50:40 AM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?
Well don't be scared if your bitcoin wallet that you are using is trusted however, if you have a lot of amount bitcoin and you are not comfortable on your wallet then try yo have a offline wallet. Another way is make sure that your current wallet must have alot of confirmation before you access and maximize the use of security if that certain wallet.
btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:52:46 AM

The number one mistake people make is they inability to hold and protect they wallet private key which is the wallet seed, you can imagine people saving they key on they smart phone. So to be safe and secured is to be secret about you wallet seed and password as much as possible.
But how can anyone crack the codes if it is saved in the phone.?

There are instances that if you lost your phone, there's a chance that the hacker can find your private key in it. There's also one who had his phone repaired, but it looks like the one who fixed it stole his private key as well. That's two possible scenarios that I can think of with regards to phone hacking.

You need a hardware wallet if you are going to invest huge amount of bitcoin like Nano or Trezor. Its up to us on how we keep and protect our private key so that so can minimized the potential of losing your bitcoin. For wallet suggestion I urge to look at this website,

https://bitcoin.org/en/wallets/hardware/

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
bakerlisa510 (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:53:32 AM

You want to protect your private key. Make sure no one knows your private key. I suggest you do not put all the bitcoin in the same wallet. You can put bitcoin in multiple wallets. Smiley
No, multiple wallets is not in an option because it is difficult to manage them all. I have tried it before.
Can anyone suggest me a trustworthy wallet? which I can use it as a cold wallet.
heraldlazaro25

Activity: 134

ODEM.IO - UNLOCKING HIGHER EDUCATION

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:56:01 AM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

You should be scared if someone knows about your passwords and accounts. Those things should only be private to you. Do not give that to any of your friends or families unless you trust them. If youre still worried about your bitcoin, i recommend you to use strong security wallets that can lessen the risk of your bitcoin to be hack.

bakerlisa510 (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:26:00 PM

Yes because they can get all your money from your wallet. So you should protect your wallet by all means. And don't trust anyone. And don't click any links that are sent to you.
Yeah, Thanks, I will make a note of it.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:27:06 PM

There are instances that if you lost your phone, there's a chance that the hacker can find your private key in it. There's also one who had his phone repaired, but it looks like the one who fixed it stole his private key as well. That's two possible scenarios that I can think of with regards to phone hacking.

Also keep in mind that there have been recent social engineering hacks where high profile bitcoin holders have lost their coins because the hackers managed to transfer their mobile numbers to their own handsets. This was always accomplished by social engineering the phone company, with the hackers impersonating the owners and convincing the phone company they lost their phone and getting them transfer the service to a new phone.

If they managed to transfer your phone number to them, they could password reset your email, gain access to your cloud accounts, trading accounts, online storage, etc. basically make a complete mess out of your life. You need to protect your BTC from this attack vector, especially if you backup data on your phone to the cloud. Your phone may be physically safe but your line and cloud backups are not.

Edit: For example, if you have a gmail account with 2FA google authenticator and a backup phone-number, the 2FA can be disabled and the password reset by using the backup phone.
bakerlisa510 (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:33:29 PM

You don't have many options. You could ask law enforcement to help you, but unless you know exactly who stole your coins and how they stole them, it's unlikely they can do anything. You can also pay for block chain analysis services, but all they can really do is track your coins if the hacker knows what they're doing.

That being said, the best thing you can do is to not get hacked. One of the best ways to accomplish this is to stay away from web wallets, as they're incredibly vulnerable to phishing. Next, don't visit shady sites and don't indiscriminately click on ads because that's a good way to get a virus. Lastly, protect your online identity with a paid VPN service and use Tor. There are lots more actions you can take, but these are the most basic steps. You shouldn't encounter too many problems if you stick to doing these.
I am just hodling it(BTCs) for like a week or something because after that I am going to invest in an ICO.
What really happened was I had invested my ETH at an ICO but the people returned me the money I had invested in BTC. They told me that the crowdfunding was not enough and they will restart the ICO again in about a week or something till that time I just want to "hodl" it safe with no hesitation.
richardtaiga

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:40:49 PM

For me you should not be afraid to the hackers , if you have a lot of bitcoins, And just afraid when all of your bitcoin will loss, And We must be secure in our wallets and do not spread to unreliable people and you should also be updated about the site. For me you put your bitcoins on offline wallets as I do and my bitcoins are more secure. And we should also have emails in every wallet and when we forget it can be recovered.
dhka

Activity: 266

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:16:57 PM

All these hacks news are getting intense day by day
If you have atleast 1btc for long term investment, I think spending money to buy good ledger is fine, comparing yo the risk of you lost your hard earned btc

dharnamonitor

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:25:14 PM

What you should do is to stop on using web/online wallets if your accounts get hacked because you can't recover those stolen bitcoins so you should just have to stop using those unsecured wallets and used offline wallets and hardware wallet instead.

West0813

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:37:44 PM

I think so, because they can get all your money from your wallet. You work hard for your money so don't let hackers victimize you. You should always be vigilant and don't trust anybody so can protect your wallet.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:52:02 PM

The only way for you to lost your BTC is by phishing scams or the hackers stole your private key.

What kind of wallet do you use?
Web-based wallets are tend to be insecure due to how the private keys are stored on the cloud.

I'd suggest to get desktop wallet as you have more controls of your private key, just make sure your PC are clean from malware and junks.

If you're really serious about security you can get hardware based wallet like Trezor or paper wallet, that should be enough.
Hello, I also want to need to know about this, because my bitcoin waller does not support private key, yes we have a password but unlike myetherwallet it has a private key that is really secure and I am also the one who can open it. I also want to know is trezor and paper wallet can just be use on computer?
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:06:29 PM

Whenever you read people saying their wallet was hacked, ask them how it was hacked and you'll find they gave our their private key or seed, they used a public WiFi this is basis and you're never suppose to do this all. I don't know which wallet you use, but use electrum if you want the free best wallet, or trezor or paper wallet in case you're neither buying nor selling.
Yes, this could be one of the reasons. Public wifi is open to everyone and it's very easy to clone a one or luring someone to free wifi.
And when the user uses his private keys ... boom rip btc
Cpousersonu

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 03:20:42 PM

I think you should send all your Bitcoin to your offline wallet. It is safer than store them in the exchange.

I think this is a most appropriate way to safe your BTC.
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:21:14 PM

The only way for you to lost your BTC is by phishing scams or the hackers stole your private key.

What kind of wallet do you use?
Web-based wallets are tend to be insecure due to how the private keys are stored on the cloud.

I'd suggest to get desktop wallet as you have more controls of your private key, just make sure your PC are clean from malware and junks.

If you're really serious about security you can get hardware based wallet like Trezor or paper wallet, that should be enough.
Hello, I also want to need to know about this, because my bitcoin waller does not support private key, yes we have a password but unlike myetherwallet it has a private key that is really secure and I am also the one who can open it. I also want to know is trezor and paper wallet can just be use on computer?
Trezor/paper wallet can be used on mobile phones as well. i have been using trezor on android phone for a long time now, you'll be needing an otg cable and mycelium wallet to be able to use trezor on android. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: